Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why don't more Christians accept the apocryph

dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

1) Most Christians are unaware of them.

-or-

2) God directed a council of bishops to choose the texts he approved of (divinely inspired). The others were put there by Satan to lure the feeble-minded. The lambs go with the decisions made for them.

-or-

3) There were various forms of Christianity competing with one another. Gospels were written to cater to these divergent beliefs. Finally one particular sect won, their texts became orthodox and the others were either destroyed (eg. the gospel of Marcion) or they became apocryphal and were hidden away. Christians today go with the approved texts because the Bible is all they know.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 10:22:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most Christians are aware of the end of times because it has been preached in every generation since the practice of prophecy became trendy in the early churches. But Christians are picky about who they are willing to accept these apocalyptic visions from and generally reject self serving mentally ill or clinically depressed faith inspired converts like BoG and MCB.
Christianity is about the death and resurrection of Jesus and most Christians are prepared to go the way of their faith. A few deranged wannabe soothsayers isn't going to detract them.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:03:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Martin Luther took them out. It is necessary to leave them out for protestant theology to remain. They mention prayers for the dead - which means that purgatory is real. If purgatory is real and not explicitly mentioned in the bible then it means that the Tradition of the Catholic Church is right.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:35:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Ummm... the Catholic Church refers to the Apocrypha as the Deuterocanonical books and includes them in the Bible. It was Martin Luther who removed the books. Every Protestant denomination has followed Martin Luther's rebellion.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:41:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 7:38:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

1) Most Christians are unaware of them.

-or-

2) God directed a council of bishops to choose the texts he approved of (divinely inspired). The others were put there by Satan to lure the feeble-minded. The lambs go with the decisions made for them.

-or-

3) There were various forms of Christianity competing with one another. Gospels were written to cater to these divergent beliefs. Finally one particular sect won, their texts became orthodox and the others were either destroyed (eg. the gospel of Marcion) or they became apocryphal and were hidden away. Christians today go with the approved texts because the Bible is all they know.

Reason 3 makes the most sense.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:46:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Bummer. I think the apocrypha is God's Word.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:46:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 3:35:33 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Ummm... the Catholic Church refers to the Apocrypha as the Deuterocanonical books and includes them in the Bible. It was Martin Luther who removed the books. Every Protestant denomination has followed Martin Luther's rebellion.

No, it was the Roman Catholic Church that removed them. The Vatican holds the original Bible and they are the ones who took from the Word of God.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 3:52:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 3:46:48 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Bummer. I think the apocrypha is God's Word.

It is God's word. I have it in my Bible and there are many prophecies and wisdom that I was unaware of.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:01:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 3:52:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/12/2015 3:46:48 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Bummer. I think the apocrypha is God's Word.

It is God's word. I have it in my Bible and there are many prophecies and wisdom that I was unaware of.

I agree. I accept the apocrypha too.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:49:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering. : :

God's saints were the only one's who testified to His knowledge by writing and speaking the words that God puts in our minds from the various languages we learn from childhood. God's knowledge, which is invisible vibrations, have to be converted into our spoken and written language so that we understand what He is teaching us.

Once one of God's saints has been taught the basic knowledge to start preaching the gospel with, God then sends the saint to an area the saint is familiar with, where he lived and possibly raised a family. This is where God places all His chosen believers who He puts in the path of the saint who will eventually run into them according to God's plan. The saint has to carry some sort of board with a message written on it that attracts the believer to him so that the saint can start preaching the gospel and witness to the believer. If the believer listens and believers, it is a definite chosen believer. If the person listens and rejects the gospel, he's more likely to be an antichrist that God uses to eventually get the saint killed.

Some of God's antichrists stole the words that were being spoken by the saint and even some of their writings. These Jewish antichrists were already practicing religion called Judaism but with these new Christ-like words they stole, they started using them for their own use to get people to listen to them. This is how Christianity got it's start and eventually, Christianity became the largest groups of religious people in the Roman Empire. They were preaching false gospels contrary to the true gospel that us saints preach to find God's believers and witness to them.

As God's saints were being killed by the Roman government, some of God's believers were killed for rejecting the killing of the saints and other believers became deceived by the religious Christians who were practicing religious traditions and teaching old Babylonian thoughts. By the time the Roman Emperor Constantine began to rule, He announced that Christianity was the main religion of the Roman Empire but only after all God's saints were killed.

About two hundred years or so later, a Papal ( Vatican ) was formed by the Christian antichrists to make laws contrary to the Law ( thoughts ) of God that us saints testified to and preached to find God's believers and witness to them. There were many writings by antichrists with Christ-like words in it mixed with Jewish traditions and Babylonian, Greek and Roman teachings along with writings that were stolen from the saints. All these writings had to be weeded through by groups of antichrists who were rejecting anything they couldn't understand. They couldn't understand ANY of the true writings by the saints so these writings were either burned up or put away to make sure their Christians couldn't read them. They actually called them evil gnostic writings and anyone caught reading them could be tortured or even killed.

The accepted writings were written by antichrists who mixed stolen written and spoken words from God's saints with their Jewish traditions and other pagan teachings from past era's. These writings became the new testament writings that Christians believe in. There are a few true writings by God's saints left but no Christian can understand them. The gospel of Thomas is a well-known gnostic writing by someone who was a true saint of the God's. It is not understood by anyone in this world except for the one who is writing this post.

There are several groups of people in this world today who believe they are gnostic Christians who have been reading these true writings by God's saints and pretend to know what they're about. They believe they know the Truth by reading these writings but since they don't have any idea what they're about, they are just as deceived as any other Christian in this world.

I'm the only saint to exist in this world since the last saint was killed by the Roman government in the early fourth century before Constantine announced that Christianity was the main religion of the Roman Empire. God has taught me about the past saints being killed by the Roman government which started by the jealousy of the religious Jews who were practicing their traditions, teaching Babylonian thoughts and building false gods ( tabernacles ) to worship their false deity ( god of Abraham ) in.

Eventually, the Roman government destroyed Jerusalem and killing the Jews who were still practicing Judaism and trying to kill the true saints who were actually warned by our Creator to escape Jerusalem at a perfect time so they could continue preaching the gospel to the future believers and chosen saints.

However, the Romans kept the law to stop the true gospel preached by the saints in effect after destroying Jerusalem. This means all the true saints and some of God's believers were killed according to the Roman law. When they finally killed all the saints, they ended the law to have them killed and Christianity flourished after that.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:22:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 3:46:57 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/12/2015 3:35:33 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Ummm... the Catholic Church refers to the Apocrypha as the Deuterocanonical books and includes them in the Bible. It was Martin Luther who removed the books. Every Protestant denomination has followed Martin Luther's rebellion.

No, it was the Roman Catholic Church that removed them. The Vatican holds the original Bible and they are the ones who took from the Word of God.

What are you talking about? They are right there in every Catholic bible:

http://www.catholic.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 4:55:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

The apocrypha don't belong in the Bible because I don't think they belong in the Bible.

The best reason ever! Lol.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 5:31:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 4:55:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

The apocrypha don't belong in the Bible because I don't think they belong in the Bible.

The best reason ever! Lol.

That is not what I said.

I said they don't belong in the bible because they don;t fit in with the overall picture of scripture.

That is a fact, not an opinion or a thought.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 9:18:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:31:44 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 4:55:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

The apocrypha don't belong in the Bible because I don't think they belong in the Bible.

The best reason ever! Lol.

That is not what I said.

I said they don't belong in the bible because they don;t fit in with the overall picture of scripture.

That is a fact, not an opinion or a thought.

MCB, with all due respect, you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the backside.

The "overall picture" of scripture was formed by omitting the apocrypha. To then turn around and say, look, "these other texts don't fit in" is a tautology. You are telling us nothing. Therefore your reason is nothing more than "they should be left out because they don't belong", empty and devoid of any meaning.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 9:21:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there. : :

The antichrists who put together the new testament writings written by other antichrists said the same thing you're saying, MCB. They loved their Jewish traditions and Babylonian teachings that they added to their new testament.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 10:52:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 9:18:05 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:31:44 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 4:55:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

The apocrypha don't belong in the Bible because I don't think they belong in the Bible.

The best reason ever! Lol.

That is not what I said.

I said they don't belong in the bible because they don;t fit in with the overall picture of scripture.

That is a fact, not an opinion or a thought.

MCB, with all due respect, you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the backside.

The "overall picture" of scripture was formed by omitting the apocrypha. To then turn around and say, look, "these other texts don't fit in" is a tautology. You are telling us nothing. Therefore your reason is nothing more than "they should be left out because they don't belong", empty and devoid of any meaning.

It is no tautology, and I am telling you precisely that.

As I said, they do not fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Scripture has a consistent story from Genesis to Revelation.

The whole of the bible is about the development of the same plan,the development of the plan to get humanity back to what Adam was before the fall, the achievement of which is described in the last three chapters of Revelation.

Nothing in teh Apocrypha relates to that kingdom at all.

The Apocrypha do not fit into that.

There wasn't much respect in that, lol, apart from which it isn't true, and seems to be more true in your case than mine.

I teach only facts.

If you don't want to accept them as such, that fine, but facts they are none the less..

I wonder how you will feeel; when the true facts really do bite you on the backside.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 10:55:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 2:22:37 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 3:46:57 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/12/2015 3:35:33 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 12:33:30 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

Because they've been lied to by the Catholic and Christian churches. The Roman Catholics took the apocrypha out because according to them, "the apocrypha was not inspired by God." Yet, the apocrypha holds many more prophecies and talks more about the children of Israel, just as the Bible with the Old & New Covenants. The other reason why the Roman Catholic Church took the apocrypha out and many other books that we will not get is because they don't want people to know the truth about who the Bible was written to and who is going to obtain salvation. The Roman Catholic Church turned the Bible into a universal book, but the Bible was and still is only written to the Israelites.

Ummm... the Catholic Church refers to the Apocrypha as the Deuterocanonical books and includes them in the Bible. It was Martin Luther who removed the books. Every Protestant denomination has followed Martin Luther's rebellion.

No, it was the Roman Catholic Church that removed them. The Vatican holds the original Bible and they are the ones who took from the Word of God.

What are you talking about? They are right there in every Catholic bible:

http://www.catholic.org...

That is only a few that they have in their Bibles. The apocrypha consists of 14 books. I have 80 books in my Bible.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:08:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I know what I know.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:10:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 2:08:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I know what I know.

And you are welcome to YOUR opinion, see how that works?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:19:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 2:10:05 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:08:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I know what I know.

And you are welcome to YOUR opinion, see how that works?

Equally well both ways, obviously.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 3:15:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Roman Catholic Church held all the early Christian texts, more than 98 such texts, and they selected which texts, edited which texts, Christians, (Pauline ones that is) could use, not read, but let the RCC priests use them. In short, Christians were rooked by their own Church Fathers into having only the four Gospels and Paul's letters, a few others, and no Gospel of Thomas, no Sayings Gospel ("Q") none of the Gnostic Christian texts were allowed, they are all buried in the Vatican library accessible only to RCC priests. The whole deal reeks of political manipulation and why Christians accepted these self-appointed religious frauds is only due to the inherent laziness of believers believing in scripts handed to them so they don't have to think on their own.

The Gnostic way of direct spiritual relationship with God and the Spirit of Christ without going through human intercessors will always remain the authentic spiritual path as the group mind Church way has utterly proven to be a trap for Christians to relinquish their religious beliefs to priests to manipulate their faith to support the priests and not the works of God. Tell me I am lying about the RCC as its gold and wealth gained from believers shows the world what the RCC really coveted which wasn't souls so much as pocketbooks.

Without going outside the RCC's selection of NT texts, and we have proof RCC edited them, as Secret Mark vs. the NT Mark shows, you won't learn anything but the surface Story of Jesus Christ. For instance, without reading the Book of Enoch you wouldn't learn that God as EL Elyon has the same totem animal, the White Bull of heaven, as does Wakan Tanka, the Native American face of EL Elyon with the White Buffalo Bull totem but same compassionate disposition and concern for humanity. Without reading the Gospel of Thomas you won't know that Christianity has a Buddhist bent to its theology, a deliberate challenging of ideas of God. Without reading The Thunder, Perfect Mind hymn to Isis, you won't know the Divine Feminine is still held within the Gnostic Christian beliefs where Sophia, Wisdom was still a Goddess, equal to, actually above, the Maker god, Yahweh, because the old Gnostics didn't know about EL Elyon and Judah's Lucifer switcheroo eliminating EL and substituting Yahweh in EL's place.

Bible believers are told to only swallow Bible beliefs that the Bible writers penned and controlled thereby whereas no one could control the Spirit. This is why Word of God promoters are so determined to eliminate the Spirit and have believers only believe their Words, because the Spirit can't be controlled by any human beings and priesthoods knew that. So they used fear of hell when physical means weren't available to force belief in their Word(s) of God.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 5:18:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 2:19:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:10:05 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:08:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I know what I know.

And you are welcome to YOUR opinion, see how that works?

Equally well both ways, obviously.

I am sorry for being rude. You are awesome.
AngelKnows
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 5:54:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I don't know. I suppose it was easy for me because I was born and raised Catholic and my Bible actually included the Apocrypha and the Deuterocannonicals. Although I abandoned my childhood indoctrination, only to find God completely outside the church as an adult, I had no idea that everyone's Bible did not include these texts. There are many other texts like the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gnostic Gospels and many others that I encourage people to read and pray about to learn the truth.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 11:15:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:54:48 PM, AngelKnows wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I don't know. I suppose it was easy for me because I was born and raised Catholic and my Bible actually included the Apocrypha and the Deuterocannonicals. Although I abandoned my childhood indoctrination, only to find God completely outside the church as an adult, I had no idea that everyone's Bible did not include these texts. There are many other texts like the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gnostic Gospels and many others that I encourage people to read and pray about to learn the truth.

Gentorev..............I see that you encourage others to read the texts from the books that were found in the caves around the Dead Sea. Have you ever read and studied the Books of Enoch, from which Jude the step brother to Jesus, quoted verbatim?

The oldest known Jewish work not included in the Bible is the Book of Enoch. This is a complex work, written in the third (or perhaps even the late fourth) century BCE, after the return from the Babylonian Exile and the establishment of the Second Jewish Commonwealth (6th-5th centuries BCE) and before the Maccabean revolt in 172 BCE. The oldest copies of the Book of Enoch, dating from the third century BCE, were discovered among the Dead Sea Scrolls

Among the Dead Sea Scrolls were a number of manuscripts of the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha, including ten manuscripts of the Book of Enoch in the ori ginal Aramaic (until then copies were extant only in an Ethiopic translation of a Greek translation of a Semitic original), which were vital to answering many questions about its origins. Dating of the manuscripts by their script shows that certain parts of Enoch are at least as old as the third century BCE.

The Books of Enoch, from which Jesus taught his disciples, were cherished by the early christians right up until the fourth century, when they were finally banned by such authorities of the Roman church of Constantine, as Jerome, Hilary and Augustine, and eventually passed out of circulation and were lost for Millennia.

There is of course, enough evidence to support the belief that the writings of righteous Enoch, who was carried to the tenth heaven where he was anointed as the successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation and translated from a body of matter to a glorious body of Light , go back to even before the great flood, which inundated the known civilised world of that day.

In the Last Testaments of the 12 Patriarchs, who all died in Egypt, nearly all refer to the words of Righteous Enoch.

Crucifixion was a rite in the mysteries of many countries and especially those of Egypt, See "The Secret Doctrines," vol. 11, p. 558. The initiated adept, who had successfully passed all the trials, was tied to a cross deep inside a Temple Crypt or cave, he was then drugged and plunged into a deep sleep in which state, in the darkness of the bowels of the earth, he remained for three days and three nights, during which time his spirit=mind, is said to have descended into hades to communicate with the gods.

Perhaps Moses who was the adopted son of Pharaoh and who would have been afforded the best education in the country may have been initiated into the circle of the guardians of the sacred secrets.

Moses took the bread or the sacred teachings of Egypt and removed the yeast and gave to the Israelites the unleavened loaf that came down from God. --------- In the religious regulations established by Moses, Aaron would place his hand upon the head of a scapegoat, symbolically transferring the sins of Israel to the goat, which was then sent out into the wilderness to Azazel. See Leviticus 16: 21.

Now where do you suppose Moses received this teaching, the only source that can be found is written in one of the Books of Enoch.

"And Michael said to the heavenly Lord, "Seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and has revealed the eternal secrets which were preserved in heaven, which men were striving to learn. And Semjaza, to whom you have given authority to bear rule over his associates (The other 199 sons of God) and they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth and have slept with them and revealed to them all kinds of sin etc.

And Azael taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth (Tubal-cain, from a previous age of man had been an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron, which knowledge was stored in heaven when that age came to it's end) and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tintures etc.

The Lord then passed judgment on the angels who had forsaken their own original abode and came down and defiled themselves with the daughters of men; Saying to them, "You have been in heaven, but all the secrets had not been revealed to you, and those that you had were worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts, you have revealed to the women and cause much sin in the earth..

Azazel was punished separate from the others, He was taken out into the wilderness to a place called 'Dudael,' where he was cast into a deep pit and covered with rough and jagged stone, and all sin was to be ascribed to him. The others were to be bound and cast into the valley of the earth until seventy generations had passed, (Jesus was seventy generations from Enoch, see Luke 3: 23-38)

Enoch was the 7th from Adam the Son of God, and Jesus was the 70th from Enoch, See the genealogy in Luke 3, the only man to have been taken to God and translated in order that he should never see death, the only man to be given the lot of eternal life, and that was three thousand years or three days before Jesus was born, who is the 11th of the seventh born sons from the first Adam.

10 completes the old cycle, ten plus one equals eleven, the beginning of the new cycle. As the chosen ones have borne the image of the first Adam, so too will they bear the image of Jesus the second Adam, who appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus in his inherited glorious body of brilliant and Blinding Light.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 6:53:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:18:44 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:19:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:10:05 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:08:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:38:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 3:43:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I've read them, admittedly a long time ago, they simply don't fit into the overall pattern of scripture.

Nor did they fit in, even with what I knew of God then, even less so with what I know of him now.

Therefore they don't belong there.

I disagree. Books like Tobit are God's word, for example.

You are welcome to your opinion, but I know what I know.

And you are welcome to YOUR opinion, see how that works?

Equally well both ways, obviously.

I am sorry for being rude. You are awesome.

Don't worry, some on here are far, far ruder than you, and it doesn't trouble me.

Admittedly I didn't really think he would use it, lol.

I'm certainly not awesome, only the God on whose behalf I speaks is awesome. I doubt even his son would claim that since he refused to be called "Good" saying only his father is.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 7:00:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:54:48 PM, AngelKnows wrote:
At 4/11/2015 11:47:09 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I am just wondering.

I don't know. I suppose it was easy for me because I was born and raised Catholic and my Bible actually included the Apocrypha and the Deuterocannonicals. Although I abandoned my childhood indoctrination, only to find God completely outside the church as an adult, I had no idea that everyone's Bible did not include these texts. There are many other texts like the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gnostic Gospels and many others that I encourage people to read and pray about to learn the truth.

I assume from that you mean the Jerusalem Bible? since the Douay does not, I believe, contain them.

I have a copy on my bookshelf, and even in that, in the index they are marked as being Deuterocanonical. Part of a secondary canon.

If you were truly raised Catholic you have my deepest sympathy. They are the primary part of Apostate Christianity. I have known many Catholics, in my time, even dated a few, and very few really take God seriously, though they are in fear of the pagan, completely unscriptural, hell-fire teaching the Catholics introduced dimly to control people, and which is still widely abused for that purpose in Catholicism today.