Jump to topic:

A Second Question about Reincarnation

YoshiBoy13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 5:24:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The system seems to work on some kind of karma - if you're good in this life, you'll be rewarded with a good life in the next life (e.g. rich man, to gain a happy marriage or future president etc.), but if you're bad in this life, you'll get a bad life in the next life (e.g. tapeworm, garden snail or Noel Edmonds). But my question is:
What if someone wanted to have a bad life in the next life? Would they become a criminal so that karma would send them down the descent of species, or would they become a charitable person so it would send them where they wanted to go?
- Just because you're narrow-minded doesn't mean you're always right.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:02:25 AM
At 4/14/2015 5:24:47 AM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
The system seems to work on some kind of karma - if you're good in this life, you'll be rewarded with a good life in the next life (e.g. rich man, to gain a happy marriage or future president etc.), but if you're bad in this life, you'll get a bad life in the next life (e.g. tapeworm, garden snail or Noel Edmonds). But my question is:
What if someone wanted to have a bad life in the next life? Would they become a criminal so that karma would send them down the descent of species, or would they become a charitable person so it would send them where they wanted to go? : :

Questions that can't be answered by anyone remain questions. Maybe you should ask questions that can be answered by our Creator.
YoshiBoy13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:09:09 AM
At 4/14/2015 8:02:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:
What if someone wanted to have a bad life in the next life? Would they become a criminal so that karma would send them down the descent of species, or would they become a charitable person so it would send them where they wanted to go? : :

Questions that can't be answered by anyone remain questions. Maybe you should ask questions that can be answered by our Creator.

... according to the religions that use reincarnation as their view of life after death.
Let me rephrase that for you.
You like being punished because reasons. So what do you do - do something bad to get punished, or do something good to get what you want? Which is more likely to work?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:19:18 AM
At 4/14/2015 8:09:09 AM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:

... according to the religions that use reincarnation as their view of life after death.
Let me rephrase that for you.
You like being punished because reasons. So what do you do - do something bad to get punished, or do something good to get what you want? Which is more likely to work? : :

Some people appear to do both good and bad depending from whose perspective is observing them. Most good and bad looking people respond in a very kind way when they come to me unless they're an antichrist who rejects the knowledge of God that I possess. Those good looking antichrists can get pretty angry with the Truth that I speak to them.
YoshiBoy13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:26:09 AM
At 4/14/2015 8:19:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:
[poses question]
[refutes exact wording of question]
[rephrases question]
[is pedantic about wording of question using objective morality]

..... [rephrases question]

Question: According to the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, if someone were to like being punished in the way that those religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death would punish those who were bad in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, what would he do to be punished in that way - a) behave in a way seen as good in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, in order to get what he wanted (punishment by the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death) or would he b) behave in a way seen as bad in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, in order to get punished by the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death (what he wanted)?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:30:05 AM
At 4/14/2015 8:26:09 AM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
[poses question]
[rephrases question]

Question: According to the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, if someone were to like being punished in the way that those religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death would punish those who were bad in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, what would he do to be punished in that way - a) behave in a way seen as good in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, in order to get what he wanted (punishment by the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death) or would he b) behave in a way seen as bad in the eyes of the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death, in order to get punished by the religions that describe reincarnation to another body as the life after death (what he wanted)? : :

This question could possibly be answered by liars but our Creator can't answer this question for you. You better try ask a question He can answer.
YoshiBoy13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 7:15:40 PM
At 4/14/2015 8:30:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/14/2015 8:26:09 AM, YoshiBoy13 wrote:
[poses question]
[rephrases question]

This question could possibly be answered by liars but our Creator can't answer this question for you. You better try ask a question He can answer.

Look here. I'm not attempting to get the true answer as to what really happens after someone dies. If you want to post your opinions on the matter here, feel free, but I'm looking for what those who believe in reincarnation to another body as the life after death would say on the matter. So I am asking who you perceive to be liars. Because they're not liars.
Those who see a truth, and then have it proved to them and call it a falsehood are liars. Those who see a truth, and have it explained to them so badly they dismiss it *as* a lie and call it a falsehood can't really be blamed. Some may hear you and listen to you, but you don't really do that good a job at persuading people. Those who see a falsehood, and get no message that that's what it really is and call it the truth are misguided.
Example: Raise a young child in an isolation chamber and prove to him that 2+2=4. If he claims that 2+2=5 then he's a liar, because he knows it's really 4.
Raise a young child in an isolation chamber and prove to him that 2+2=4 because magical pineapples said so, if he does not believe in those pineapples, then it's not really his fault when he claims it's 5. "Why is it 4?" "Because I SAID so!" "That's the best evidence you've got for it?"
Raise a young child in an isolation chamber with him thinking that 2+2=5, and don't correct him, he'll say it's 5, and he *thinks* he's telling the truth. He isn't, but he doesn't know it. That's misguided. Not a liar.

Example:
I say: There is no life outside the solar system (not including heaven/non-existent-hell etc.) at all.
Later: Life is proved to exist outside the solar system.
Whoops! I'm a liar!
Obviously I'm not, it just hadn't been proved one way or another.
However, if I knew about the various germs on the Voyager space probe which has exited the solar system, which count as life outside it, I would be a liar. If I didn't, I wouldn't.
If these people didn't know the absolute truth about life after death, you can't call them liars.
Because nobody on earth actually knows for sure what happens to your spirit post-death - and can prove it.