Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Did Jesus really say PLUCK OUT YOUR EYE?

celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:20:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do you do listen to obviously heavily biased men's ideas about the Christian religion they are taught to attack while ignoring Muhammad's worse commands to kill Other People. We are taught by the Gospels in many ways and unlike you poor brainwashed Muhammadans, we don't take every word of the Gospels literally, we DISCERN moral meaning through Jesus' use of dramatic imagery. Try, next time, to actually understand what Jesus is talking about when he says that a crippled person who "sees" holistically or acts holistically, is better than a fully functioning person who can't see beyond his or her own selfish needs or desires. Wholeness is symbolized by Jesus as One Eye, like the all-seeing Eye of Horus that looks into your soul. You of course aren't allowed to consider such examples as your religion makes war with every other one Muhammad teaching you all false history where he isn't aware of the many many pagan religious influences on all Abrahamic religions including his own.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:29:27 PM
As long as people are LAZY believers willing to piggy-back on established religious leadership they only ask for trouble when the established religious leadership tells them to make war with other religionists. Making war with other religionists is the Abrahamic
Way and one of these days, Abrahamic believers will grow up and learn that their religious beliefs are actually filled, chuck full, of PAGAN religious ideas, names, rituals, everything, that in fact, if one tried to delete all the pagan references in the Bible, it would look like it went through a shredder as all the stories contain ancient pagan references. But Abrahamics are taught this isn't so but it is. One day Abrahamics will even learn "Abraham" was another Jewish ripoff of pagan religions, "Abraham" along with Sarah and Hagar being Judah priests remake of Brahmin deities Brahma and his "wife" Sarasvati and her "handmaiden" for these are River goddesses, Ghaggar who becomes Hagar in the Jewish falsehood that all Abrahamic believers think is true history.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:38:06 PM
At 4/14/2015 4:47:21 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

So according to Jesus if your eye or arm causing you to sin you should cut it off ?

It's a metaphor. Jesus was kind of known for using metaphors and parables, and letting people use their judgement to figure out what they meant. If that's your genuine interpretation, I pity you.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:38:11 PM
You Muhammadans especially should learn real as opposed to Abrahamic story-telling, that India had a thriving incense and spice business center in ancient Yemen, called the Kingdom of Sheba which is really the Seventh Realm of Shiva, where we Jews get our word "Shabbat" the 7th Day. Brahmin merchants had incense and spice trade routes going up through the Levant and over to Egypt and had quite a religious influence as Mecca was home for 360 gods and goddesses idols, with Muhammad's family one being the Black Stone "Shivaling" they are called. "Muhammad" the name is derived from Sanskrit as are many other "Arabic" terms. "Arabia" is Sanskrit for "Land of Horses", btw, poopoo, ...oh, the many things you Muhammadans have no idea about as you let yourselves be brainwashed and gulled by an ancient religious con artist.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:41:39 PM
At 4/14/2015 8:38:11 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
You Muhammadans especially should learn real as opposed to Abrahamic story-telling, that India had a thriving incense and spice business center in ancient Yemen, called the Kingdom of Sheba which is really the Seventh Realm of Shiva, where we Jews get our word "Shabbat" the 7th Day. Brahmin merchants had incense and spice trade routes going up through the Levant and over to Egypt and had quite a religious influence as Mecca was home for 360 gods and goddesses idols, with Muhammad's family one being the Black Stone "Shivaling" they are called. "Muhammad" the name is derived from Sanskrit as are many other "Arabic" terms. "Arabia" is Sanskrit for "Land of Horses", btw, poopoo, ...oh, the many things you Muhammadans have no idea about as you let yourselves be brainwashed and gulled by an ancient religious con artist.

I've heard some people say that Jesus studied with the hindu and buddhist scholars. Any legitimacy to those claims?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 9:36:48 PM
No, that is been Hindus trying to capture Christ's charisma for Hinduism just like Muhammad too tried to capture Christ's charisma with his phony "essa" Muslim makeover and violent "Jesus". I am Jewish and know Jewish and Christian religious concepts well enough to know that there zero Eastern religion in Christianity. Christ no doubt knew as I do, the Fatal Flaw of all Eastern religions that seek to do away with ego by using meditative techniques of varying sorts. That route to "enlightenment" was destroyed by brain scans of meditating Buddhist monks that showed severe brain manipulation going to shut down the brain's normal sense of self center's operation that gives the illusion of egolessness. The Gospel of Thomas has some Sayings that come the closest to the mental challenging of Zen Buddhism but still the challenges are not to stop all thought but to concentrate on spiritual guidance from God.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 9:50:38 PM

So according to Jesus if your eye or arm causing you to sin you should cut it off ?

Look you have to know when to take Jesus seriously and when to use spiritual discernment and go in the exact opposite direction of what he was getting at.

You know like when he talked about eye, needle,camel, rich, easier to get into heaven thing.

What Jesus really mean't was, don't give away all your wealth, that would just be stupid and reward laziness. Get a job.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 6:34:20 AM
As well as saying some sensible things with which I would agree, Jesus is also quoted as saying some very silly things too!
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 6:41:39 AM
Jesus had a job, he had the Job of the Jew which is authorized by God and not by any religion worshiping being "Jewish" as does Judaism, the name shows what came first to ancient priests of Judah. This is why Jesus found the Sadducee and Pharisees such hypocrites, all their good intentions were aimed solely at Jews, Goyim still outside Jewish empathy or sympathy, i.e. actually a racist ideology inherent in Judaism. One can see this inherent racism of Judaism plainly in the fundamentalist Orthodox settlers conducting Israel's racial war to remove all Palestinians for Eretz Yisrael, "For Jews Only". The sad fact is Americans are funding and arming this racial war of European Jews against Arab Palestinian Gentiles.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 6:53:25 AM
Poopoo, and all you Muhammadans who think I only support Christians. I have run an anti-Zionist blog for over a decade and I post against Zionism wherever I can on internet discussion boards. Zionist Judaism is one of the two worst religious ideologies in the world. The other one is Muhammadism. Both together have created the current war of European and European-American Zionists sponsor modern Crusader war against Middle East Muslims, and American Evangelicals keep America aligned with Zionism. But there is a difference in the Christian world as Evangelicals are not fanatically committed to the death in order to control physical territory. Christianity still teaches spirituality and not territorial conquest as do Judaism and Islam. So there is hope still in Christianity and indeed there and have been quietly all along Evangelical Christians opposed to Zionist oppression and occupation of Palestine but these are the Christian communists, Mennonites in this case. Only the Christian communists kept Jesus' teachings to not make war. The Paulist handed Christians to the former lion circus men of the Roman Empire and off went Pauline Christians to war ever since.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 12:16:21 PM
At 4/14/2015 8:38:06 PM, TN05 wrote:

It's a metaphor. Jesus was kind of known for using metaphors and parables, and letting people use their judgement to figure out what they meant. If that's your genuine interpretation, I pity you.

What is a metaphor saying (Mattew 5:30) - "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell" ?
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 12:19:47 PM

Then, if my other arm is causing me to sin, how do I cut it off? And if my eye starts to cause me to sin, how do I pluck it out if I have no arms.

"This happened literally, woke up I was headless. I woke up, I was headless." Aaron Bruno
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 12:21:03 PM
At 4/15/2015 12:16:21 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 4/14/2015 8:38:06 PM, TN05 wrote:

What is a metaphor saying (Mattew 5:30) - "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell" ?

What do you think he is saying? He's metaphorically saying that if something in your life is causing you to sin, you must remove it. It's not literally removing a hand - it's figuratively removing temptations.
Preceptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 12:55:10 PM

This was a metaphor.

Jesus was not saying to literally pluck out your eye or cut off your hand but instead he used such language as dramatic effect.

What Jesus was saying is some of our SIN is so much stuck in our lives it is attached to us as our eyes and hands are and that we need to be willing to get that sin out of life so much so that we would be willing to cut off our hand or cut out our eye to do so.

Jesus was simply using this language to show that we use sin like our hand and eye and we need to get rid of that sin at all cost.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 1:11:44 PM
At 4/15/2015 12:55:10 PM, Preceptor wrote:

This was a metaphor.

Jesus was not saying to literally pluck out your eye or cut off your hand but instead he used such language as dramatic effect.

What Jesus was saying is some of our SIN is so much stuck in our lives it is attached to us as our eyes and hands are and that we need to be willing to get that sin out of life so much so that we would be willing to cut off our hand or cut out our eye to do so.

Jesus was simply using this language to show that we use sin like our hand and eye and we need to get rid of that sin at all cost.

The word of god is not the word of god because you don't believe what the word of god says.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 1:14:28 PM

Jesus basically says it would be better to lose one part of you than die entirely. Would you accept that part of you would be cut so that you would not die entirely? (For example amputation of leg to avoid death).

Luckily on case of sin there are other options than cutting parts. People can resist temptation without cutting eyes or other parts.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 2:59:32 PM
Nah.
It sounds like it but starts with "F"
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 4:28:36 PM
At 4/15/2015 1:14:28 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/15/2015 12:21:03 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 4/15/2015 12:55:10 PM, Preceptor wrote:

You guys say its only a "metaphor", so what it is you take parts and brush them in the same group of "metaphors" so why not move on?? maybe Jesus didnt believe in God at all he was saying some "metaphors" about truth love and way of life? what you dont like you say its a "metaphor"? maybe its not? where Jesus say its not actually what it means... nowhere.
Never fart near dog
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 5:24:35 PM

Of course not. It is a metaphor ok? You have to look at the context, read between the lines the truth inside those sentences, you silly silly atheist, or muslim, or to summarize: infidel.

And yes I can tell which parts of the Bible are metaphors and which are literal. You can not? Pft, noob.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:15:06 AM

It was an illustration of the importance of removing temptations from your life, not a statement to be taken literally.

Jesus almost invariably used illustrations, hyperbole, or both when teaching. He taught principles, not law.