Jump to topic:

Religious Experience

Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 12:12:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm curious if anyone here has had any religious experiences. I wont define what a religious experience is, but if you have had an experience which makes you think "It was god", then I would consider that a religious experience. Doesn't matter if it's small or large event, it can even just be a case of extreme coincidence.

Either way, I'm very interested to hear what other people have to share.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 12:36:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/16/2015 12:12:03 PM, Kozu wrote:
I'm curious if anyone here has had any religious experiences. I wont define what a religious experience is, but if you have had an experience which makes you think "It was god", then I would consider that a religious experience. Doesn't matter if it's small or large event, it can even just be a case of extreme coincidence.

Either way, I'm very interested to hear what other people have to share.

Lifes experiences tend to be interpreted in many ways by different people depending on how they personally perceive what they experience and filter it all through their own mind.

Something good might happen to a person and a religious person would claim the good experience was from God. A non religious person might simply claim it was good luck or fate or a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
The experience might be the same for both people but they simply describe the same thing in different ways due to their different perceptions.

To me, a religious experience is one which involves being part of a religion and having learned something from participating in it.
Personally I learned a lot through being a member of various Christian religions.
Just for the information of those who do not know me yet, I am no longer a member of any religion. I left religion many years ago.

I think many religious people mistake general emotional experiences as being something "from God" when it makes them feel good and something "from the devil" when it makes them feel bad.
They tend to equate "God" with all they perceive as good and "the devil" with all that they perceive as evil.
That is what I gathered and experienced in religious circles anyway.