Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Why shouldn't I make money from religion ?

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 5:36:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Simple answer:

2 Corinthians 12:13
ALT(i) 13 For what is [there in] which you were inferior to the rest [of the] assemblies, except that I myself was not a [financial] burden to you? Forgive me this injustice!

1 Timothy 6:6-8
ASV(i) 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain: 7 for we brought nothing into the world, for neither can we carry anything out; 8 but having food and covering we shall be therewith content.

Our fiath is a blessing in itself.

Bringing others onto the road to life is a privilege and a duty, it is not something we should seek to gain financially from.

Jesus' instructions to his disciples when sending them from house to house preaching:

Matthew 10:9-10
ASV(i) 9 Get you no gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses; 10 no wallet for your journey, neither two coats, nor shoes, nor staff: for the laborer is worthy of his food.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 5:49:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 5:36:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Simple answer:

2 Corinthians 12:13
ALT(i) 13 For what is [there in] which you were inferior to the rest [of the] assemblies, except that I myself was not a [financial] burden to you? Forgive me this injustice!

1 Timothy 6:6-8
ASV(i) 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain: 7 for we brought nothing into the world, for neither can we carry anything out; 8 but having food and covering we shall be therewith content.

Our fiath is a blessing in itself.

Bringing others onto the road to life is a privilege and a duty, it is not something we should seek to gain financially from.

Jesus' instructions to his disciples when sending them from house to house preaching:

Matthew 10:9-10
ASV(i) 9 Get you no gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses; 10 no wallet for your journey, neither two coats, nor shoes, nor staff: for the laborer is worthy of his food.

See the thing is, I just feel that God wants people to buy my book and become life long partners in my ministry.

Now of course if my bank account should just fill with such a blessing from the Lord whom am I to question his will ?

Would you like to plant a seed of faith by making a donation to this new and exciting ministry doing the Lords work ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:03:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Making money out of the gullibility of others is despicable!

As I have mentioned before our previous property had a three acre field which became like a mini Lourdes when it was claimed that the Virgin Mary had been seen there, and people cured of their ailments. We were encouraged to make money out of it, but refused to do so, we aren't believers, and it would have been WRONG!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:10:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:03:11 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!


Making money out of the gullibility of others is despicable!


As I have mentioned before our previous property had a three acre field which became like a mini Lourdes when it was claimed that the Virgin Mary had been seen there, and people cured of their ailments. We were encouraged to make money out of it, but refused to do so, we aren't believers, and it would have been WRONG!

Sometimes we can look at the same thing from different angles, don't think of it as making money off gullibility of others, think of it as a blessing from the Lord to enrich their faith, and if by enriching their faith it just happens to enrich you, well that just gravy.

So what you say, would you like to help me enrich peoples faith ? become a spiritual investor in my new upstart ministry.

Maybe give your own testimony of the sightings of mary and miracle healing.

Can you hear that ? that is the sound of KA CHING !!!............the song of angels.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:17:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:03:11 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!


Making money out of the gullibility of others is despicable!

As I have mentioned before our previous property had a three acre field which became like a mini Lourdes when it was claimed that the Virgin Mary had been seen there, and people cured of their ailments. We were encouraged to make money out of it, but refused to do so, we aren't believers, and it would have been WRONG!

You'll get no argument from me on that one.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:51:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".

Keep telling your self that MCB. Although I wonder, if it is true that you were kicked out of your JW watch tower what ever group, why are you still a JW?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 7:09:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:51:28 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".

Keep telling your self that MCB. Although I wonder, if it is true that you were kicked out of your JW watch tower what ever group, why are you still a JW?

I am not, nor do I claim to be, though people brand me as the same because like them I teach what scripture teaches, what Christ taught, and what the Apostles taught.

It is easy to get mistaken for a member of a group if you walk the same road as them.

I have nothing against them, nor anything particular for them apart from the fact that they teach as they should and are Jehovah's pathway to knowledge of him.

A group of three elders may have misjudged the situation, but why should I hold that against Jehovah?

He knows the truth of the matter, they did not.

However they behaved precisely as scripture dictates so I have no pick with them either. We are all humans, we all make mistakes.

Jehovah will sort it out in his own good time, but I see no reason why I should be a high priority.

No, I am not a JW, but that is no reason to turn against the God who created everything and who wants only long term good for his creation.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 7:11:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:51:28 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".

Keep telling your self that MCB. Although I wonder, if it is true that you were kicked out of your JW watch tower what ever group, why are you still a JW?

I don't need to tell myself that, life, and everything around me tells me that, as it does all who have the "eyes to see and ears to hear", to use one of Jesus' favourite sayings.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:09:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

You mean like the lead singer of a Christian Rock group who finally decided to admit he was an atheist?

http://www.charismanews.com...
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:30:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I teach what scripture teaches, what Christ taught, and what the Apostles taught.


All you do is spout that nasty cult's unpleasant nonsense. I wonder what you did which was so naughty you got kicked out?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:31:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 7:09:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:51:28 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".

Keep telling your self that MCB. Although I wonder, if it is true that you were kicked out of your JW watch tower what ever group, why are you still a JW?

I am not, nor do I claim to be, though people brand me as the same because like them I teach what scripture teaches, what Christ taught, and what the Apostles taught.

It is easy to get mistaken for a member of a group if you walk the same road as them.

I have nothing against them, nor anything particular for them apart from the fact that they teach as they should and are Jehovah's pathway to knowledge of him.

A group of three elders may have misjudged the situation, but why should I hold that against Jehovah?

He knows the truth of the matter, they did not.

However they behaved precisely as scripture dictates so I have no pick with them either. We are all humans, we all make mistakes.

Jehovah will sort it out in his own good time, but I see no reason why I should be a high priority.

No, I am not a JW, but that is no reason to turn against the God who created everything and who wants only long term good for his creation.
If you cannot even meet the standards of men(JW) in your teaching How can you meet the standard of God?
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:39:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:31:32 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/17/2015 7:09:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:51:28 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:46:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

Friendship with the God and creator of all is no fairy tale, though it is the one story that really does mean "happy ever after".

Keep telling your self that MCB. Although I wonder, if it is true that you were kicked out of your JW watch tower what ever group, why are you still a JW?

I am not, nor do I claim to be, though people brand me as the same because like them I teach what scripture teaches, what Christ taught, and what the Apostles taught.

It is easy to get mistaken for a member of a group if you walk the same road as them.

I have nothing against them, nor anything particular for them apart from the fact that they teach as they should and are Jehovah's pathway to knowledge of him.

A group of three elders may have misjudged the situation, but why should I hold that against Jehovah?

He knows the truth of the matter, they did not.

However they behaved precisely as scripture dictates so I have no pick with them either. We are all humans, we all make mistakes.

Jehovah will sort it out in his own good time, but I see no reason why I should be a high priority.

No, I am not a JW, but that is no reason to turn against the God who created everything and who wants only long term good for his creation.
If you cannot even meet the standards of men(JW) in your teaching How can you meet the standard of God?

How can anyone?

We can but try.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:48:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:30:46 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I teach what scripture teaches, what Christ taught, and what the Apostles taught.


All you do is spout that nasty cult's unpleasant nonsense. I wonder what you did which was so naughty you got kicked out?
He was a serial adulterer and indulged in perverted anal and oral sex. That was before he met those Asians. Now it is anyone's guess what his new perversion are. But he lives alone with animals, if that is any indication where he is heading.
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:06:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.

Not true, lol, in either case, but especially in the religious sphere.
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:20:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.

But if you do as they do, then aren't you yourself deciding that what they do is OK?

And doesn't that make you just as liable as they for any harm that they cause?
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:35:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:09:13 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 6:21:33 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:


A good reason why you shouldn't would be you give another voice to the existence of God, thus more people will be tempted to stay in there fairy tale world. You'll be perpetuating ignorance and slowing progress away from religion.

Although you won't be the first atheist to profit off of religion. http://www.businessinsider.com...

You mean like the lead singer of a Christian Rock group who finally decided to admit he was an atheist?

http://www.charismanews.com...

Sure, but you get my point.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:50:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 10:20:28 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.

But if you do as they do, then aren't you yourself deciding that what they do is OK?

And doesn't that make you just as liable as they for any harm that they cause?

Nonsense. How many of those people are actually held accountable for their hypocrisy unless it turns into an actual criminal act and they get caught (congressmen and evangelists having homosexual rendezvous, for example)?

By now I hope you know I'm being facetious. I think it's reprehensible to pretend to believe something just for the sake of making money or advancing your career but the reality is it happens every day. If I had a way to test it, I would research how many people profess a particular religion because their boss does and they want to stay in good graces. Until religion is put back into one's personal life and kept out of everything else, this kind of thing will be a problem.
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 11:27:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 10:50:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 10:20:28 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.

But if you do as they do, then aren't you yourself deciding that what they do is OK?

And doesn't that make you just as liable as they for any harm that they cause?

Nonsense. How many of those people are actually held accountable for their hypocrisy unless it turns into an actual criminal act and they get caught (congressmen and evangelists having homosexual rendezvous, for example)?

By now I hope you know I'm being facetious. I think it's reprehensible to pretend to believe something just for the sake of making money or advancing your career but the reality is it happens every day. If I had a way to test it, I would research how many people profess a particular religion because their boss does and they want to stay in good graces. Until religion is put back into one's personal life and kept out of everything else, this kind of thing will be a problem.

Yes, I can see that the way you say it in your last paragraph.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:35:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 10:50:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 10:20:28 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:59:00 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:57:37 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:39:38 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal. In fact, it's kind of a requirement for most political and religious figures. Televangelists excel in it as do members of Congress. If it's ok for them, why not for the rest of us?

Because many of them are hypocrites to, "Do as I say, Not as I do."

Yep. My point exactly. If our leaders, political and religious, indulge in it then it must be ok.

But if you do as they do, then aren't you yourself deciding that what they do is OK?

And doesn't that make you just as liable as they for any harm that they cause?

Nonsense. How many of those people are actually held accountable for their hypocrisy unless it turns into an actual criminal act and they get caught (congressmen and evangelists having homosexual rendezvous, for example)?

By now I hope you know I'm being facetious. I think it's reprehensible to pretend to believe something just for the sake of making money or advancing your career but the reality is it happens every day. If I had a way to test it, I would research how many people profess a particular religion because their boss does and they want to stay in good graces. Until religion is put back into one's personal life and kept out of everything else, this kind of thing will be a problem.

I think alot of you people are getting all high and mighty here. Think about every sales rep that has to present their product/service as like the best ever, they can't say other wise or they will get fired.

Think about every corporate spokesmen or CEO that has to say what ever bullsh*t in the name of public relations or maintain share price.

Think about every person who in order to have and keep their job has to adhere to some imposed beliefs at least professed in order to keep there job. Working for some religious group, lobbyist, lobbyist and more lobbyist.

This isn't anything new, but as soon as I propose that anyone do the exact same thing in the religious realm, oh no, that is despicable.

Look there is an obvious need in the market place for religious bullsh*t, I wish to supply that market.

Didn't any of you guys learn basic economics ?

God bless America, God bless CEO Jesus.

Chapter 1 of my new book

Atheism is a religion and my hatred to admit Gods glorious existence

Can you hear that ? it's the voice of God and it sounds like......

KA
CHING
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 11:40:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 9:32:27 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/17/2015 4:46:06 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Just to give you a general outline consider............

I go around claiming and writing a book and go on the christian speaking circuit......

Blah blah blah I knew I was a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness

blah blah blah Jesus blood on the cross in the only way to be forgiven

Blah blah blah deep down even as a militant atheist I knew God existed

blah blah blah bible is Gods word

blah blah blah Gods work can be seen every where in nature

blah blah blah the world is heading into immorality cause of abortions and same sex marriage

Blah blah blah America is a christian nation that needs to return to God

blah blah blah surrendering to God

blah blah blah God has a plan for you and wants a personal relationship to you

Now of course I would put a better spin on things, but suffice to say that's red meat for the christian evangelical crowd.

I am protected by free speech and religion is exempt basically from making all sorts of bullsh*t claims, cause you know religious freedom stuff. I might even wear a funny hat.

So let's just say that by doing such things I could make say half a million in 2 years ?

Question ? why shouldn't I ?

I guess I am thinking if you can beat them well join them, and if there is money to be made from some people who frankly just want to hear certain things, well free markets for the win !!

Cause if you don't really believe, then you are just using people for selfish gain and treating them like objects.

Even worse, if you don't believe and at least in part believe religious fantasy causes harm to us all, then that would make you a hypocrite.

But this is strange, bullsh*t is still bullsh*t. This sets up a system well if you believe the bullsh*t you are saying then it's ok, but if you don't errrr that's bad.

Money don't care if you believe or not, so lets give the people what they want.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12