Burning the Qur'an...

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 10:59:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thumbs up or thumbs down?

(CNN) -- In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.

http://www.cnn.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Mr_Jack_Nixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:02:54 PM
At 7/30/2010 10:59:49 PM, Freeman wrote:
Thumbs up or thumbs down?

(CNN) -- In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.

http://www.cnn.com...

A fine example as to why peace will never coexist with religion.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:05:22 PM
Yes, Christians should burn a Qur'an every day. Muslims should burn a Bible every day. Think of how many more books would be printed, how much it would stimulate the economy.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:15:16 PM
Thumbs down for the burn a koran day and burn a bible day.

Any religion that thinks their better or more right then any other religion without proof outside of religious texts/followers is a foolish religion, and should not promote any hate to another one.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:17:55 PM
The hypocrisy is beyond irritating.

Cruel and Violent Passages

Bible: 1121
Quran: 520

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:18:51 PM
There are better ways to make a stand than burning books, which comes across as bigotry. Still so long as no one is being hurt.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:20:05 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:18:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
There are better ways to make a stand than burning books, which comes across as bigotry. Still so long as no one is being hurt.

I agreethat it should be legal as long as no one is hurt. I still don't think people should do it or judge a whole religion based on a few nut jobs.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:22:13 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:20:05 PM, lovelife wrote:

I agreethat it should be legal as long as no one is hurt. I still don't think people should do it or judge a whole religion based on a few nut jobs.

Unless they stole the books they have put money in Muslim hands... which would seem counterproductive.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:24:11 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:22:13 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Unless they stole the books they have put money in Muslim hands... which would seem counterproductive.

Lmao good point. And since its a Christian church thing you can bet they didn't steal because thats a sin and everyone involved would burn in Hell. Unless stealing from Muslims doesn't count.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:29:51 PM

With that money, Muslims can buy a Bible and burn it too. That way, the exchange is fair and the economy improves. BIG PICTURE, GUYS!
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:31:57 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:29:51 PM, Kleptin wrote:

With that money, Muslims can buy a Bible and burn it too. That way, the exchange is fair and the economy improves. BIG PICTURE, GUYS!

Hmm... was the reason the Nazi's reinvigorated the German economy down to a sudden boom in the book industry?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:33:37 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:31:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Hmm... was the reason the Nazi's reinvigorated the German economy down to a sudden boom in the book industry?

I doubt it...it would have been very difficult for them to burn 3/4 of the bible. Hitler was Christian.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:35:22 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:33:37 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/30/2010 11:31:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I doubt it...it would have been very difficult for them to burn 3/4 of the bible. Hitler was Christian.

What about all the Jewish books.... I mean all the Jewish books apart from the bible that is.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:39:25 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:35:22 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
What about all the Jewish books.... I mean all the Jewish books apart from the bible that is.

Well, I think the nazis kind of just *took* them, instead of buying them. Unless they got haggled down into actually buying them before they burnt them...

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:41:25 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:39:25 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 7/30/2010 11:35:22 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well, I think the nazis kind of just *took* them, instead of buying them. Unless they got haggled down into actually buying them before they burnt them...

I am beginning to think the Nazi's were mean.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:43:09 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:41:25 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I'm not really one to judge, I like to say they were misunderstood and that with better communication, they could have settled things in a more professional and genial way.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:45:47 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:43:09 PM, Kleptin wrote:

I'm not really one to judge, I like to say they were misunderstood and that with better communication, they could have settled things in a more professional and genial way.

I was trying to be funny... I am not actually a nazi sympathiser.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:48:06 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:45:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I was also trying to be funny. I'm not actually a neutral sort of office mediator XD The Nazis were horrible, horrible people!

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:50:13 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:48:06 PM, Kleptin wrote:

I was also trying to be funny. I'm not actually a neutral sort of office mediator XD The Nazis were horrible, horrible people!

But snappy dressers, thats got to count for something?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:54:59 PM
At 7/30/2010 11:50:13 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/30/2010 11:48:06 PM, Kleptin wrote:

But snappy dressers, thats got to count for something?

Those boots. To die for.

Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2010 11:58:46 PM
A VERY good idea.

This isn't about burning books as the Nazis did, they were out to destroy opinion by destroying the books that offered it.

This is about sending a message of utter contempt of the principles that those who follow Islam abide by.

Hopefully it will catch on. It is also well chosen to be on 9/11 as it will be a de facto memorial to the thousands murdered by Islamic driven dogs.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 12:00:42 AM
At 7/30/2010 11:58:46 PM, Zeitgeist wrote:
A VERY good idea.

This isn't about burning books as the Nazis did, they were out to destroy opinion by destroying the books that offered it.

This is about sending a message of utter contempt of the principles that those who follow Islam abide by.

Hopefully it will catch on. It is also well chosen to be on 9/11 as it will be a de facto memorial to the thousands murdered by Islamic driven dogs.

Should we also burn manuals on aviation as well? Islam had about as much influence on the tower attacks as aviation did.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 1:00:11 AM
At 7/31/2010 12:00:42 AM, Kleptin wrote:
A VERY good idea.

Should we also burn manuals on aviation as well? Islam had about as much influence on the tower attacks as aviation did.

Look who's making an appearance!
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 1:58:18 AM
At 7/31/2010 12:00:42 AM, Kleptin wrote:
A VERY good idea.

If you believe that then kindly give my regards to The Easter Bunny when you next see him.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 8:50:49 AM
At 7/31/2010 1:58:18 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
If you believe that then kindly give my regards to The Easter Bunny when you next see him.

You have a spectacular amount of unfounded intolerance for someone who is allegedly neither an American nor a New Yorker, such as myself, and a spectacular amount of ignorance for someone who's allegedly well educated and has served society for a good number of decades, if you truly believe that Islam deserves to be blamed for the tower attacks.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 8:55:51 AM
At 7/31/2010 8:50:49 AM, Kleptin wrote:

You have a spectacular amount of unfounded intolerance for someone who is allegedly neither an American nor a New Yorker, such as myself, and a spectacular amount of ignorance for someone who's allegedly well educated and has served society for a good number of decades, if you truly believe that Islam deserves to be blamed for the tower attacks.

The people responsible used Islam to justify the attacks. Surely Islam, in the widest meaning of that word does bear some responsibility?
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 9:01:09 AM
At 7/31/2010 8:50:49 AM, Kleptin wrote:

So I have a spectacular amount of well-founded intolerance for someone who is neither an American nor a New Yorker such as yourself, and I must have a spectacular amount of ignorance for someone who's well educated and has served society for a good number of decades,

I truly believe that Islam deserves to be blamed for the tower attacks.

Don't bother trying to insult me, son.

I've been insulted by professionals and in the final analysis I could only be insulted by someone who I respect so YOU are wasting your time.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 9:08:09 AM
At 7/31/2010 8:55:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
The people responsible used Islam to justify the attacks. Surely Islam, in the widest meaning of that word does bear some responsibility?

If I use a screwdriver to stab you in the stomach, who goes to jail? Me, or the screwdriver manufacturers?

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 9:14:51 AM
At 7/31/2010 9:01:09 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I truly believe that Islam deserves to be blamed for the tower attacks.
Don't bother trying to insult me, son.
I've been insulted by professionals and in the final analysis I could only be insulted by someone who I respect so YOU are wasting your time.

Alright, professional. Let's assume that I'm the moron out of us two. I'm big enough to step that far back.

Given the fact that only a negligible fraction of the Islamic world actually finds some connection between the Qu'ran and flying planes into buildings, and given the fact that these people are extremists who the Islamic world considers rebels and deviants, how exactly do you justify the broad spectrum blame you're placing on all of Islam by advocating the burning of the Qu'ran?