Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

The Bible Serves to Divide All Things

Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 5:41:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

The Bible is often used as an excuse for a lot of very unpleasant behaviour on the part of more extreme believers. How anyone can believe it to be literally true beats me!
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:18:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that your point is correct, not for us to prove that it is incorrect.
Please, no scripture.
So you want us to prove our point, but not quote the text in question? Considering that scripture is directly pertaining to this discussion, I think it it incredibly relevant.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:00:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 6:18:42 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that your point is correct, not for us to prove that it is incorrect.
Please, no scripture.
So you want us to prove our point, but not quote the text in question? Considering that scripture is directly pertaining to this discussion, I think it it incredibly relevant.

Allowing scripture presupposes the Bible is the word of God.

A lot of people don't think it is.

Besides it's not really relevant to the topic but I guess you didn't get that.
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:05:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 7:00:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:18:42 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that your point is correct, not for us to prove that it is incorrect.
Please, no scripture.
So you want us to prove our point, but not quote the text in question? Considering that scripture is directly pertaining to this discussion, I think it it incredibly relevant.

Allowing scripture presupposes the Bible is the word of God.

A lot of people don't think it is.

Besides it's not really relevant to the topic but I guess you didn't get that.
I do not believe that it is the "word of god" but it still directly pertains to this discussion, considering you are making the claim that it divides the world.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:10:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.

To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever.

Does religion cause it or does religion mainly just manifest it. (manifest, that is to say, "make it more clearly able to be seen?")

I know people who because of their religion are very fine thinking and healthy minded people, living exceptionally peacefully with all around them and showing tremendous respect and love toward all. Now if religion caused people to bad that we would not be able to find.

So, being bad or doing evil is obviously a personal choice manipulated in us by what we choose to love.

If you let yourself dabble with drugs and get hooked on drugs then you have the battle to free yourself from that addiction. But what happens to many because of that one bad choice?

Many of them love the drugs and so refuse to give the drugs up and break the habit until it is too late. And by that time they have spiraled downward to a state of mind that allows many of them to steal and murder for their drugs.

Is this not as plain as the nose on our face? And why would a claimed religious person who choose to do bad things be any different from anyone else who has allowed their self to do these things that they know are wrong and so fell into that trap?
Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:19:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 7:05:30 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:00:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:18:42 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that your point is correct, not for us to prove that it is incorrect.
Please, no scripture.
So you want us to prove our point, but not quote the text in question? Considering that scripture is directly pertaining to this discussion, I think it it incredibly relevant.

Allowing scripture presupposes the Bible is the word of God.

A lot of people don't think it is.

Besides it's not really relevant to the topic but I guess you didn't get that.
I do not believe that it is the "word of god" but it still directly pertains to this discussion, considering you are making the claim that it divides the world.

The claim that it divides the world?

It tells us who is evil and who is not, who is the good guys and who is the bad guys how is that not dividing the world?

Based on what I have seen I can't say I am impressed with it's track record on picking out what is good and what is bad.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:25:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 7:10:17 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.

To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever.

Does religion cause it or does religion mainly just manifest it. (manifest, that is to say, "make it more clearly able to be seen?")

I know people who because of their religion are very fine thinking and healthy minded people, living exceptionally peacefully with all around them and showing tremendous respect and love toward all. Now if religion caused people to bad that we would not be able to find.

So, being bad or doing evil is obviously a personal choice manipulated in us by what we choose to love.

If you let yourself dabble with drugs and get hooked on drugs then you have the battle to free yourself from that addiction. But what happens to many because of that one bad choice?

Many of them love the drugs and so refuse to give the drugs up and break the habit until it is too late. And by that time they have spiraled downward to a state of mind that allows many of them to steal and murder for their drugs.

Is this not as plain as the nose on our face? And why would a claimed religious person who choose to do bad things be any different from anyone else who has allowed their self to do these things that they know are wrong and so fell into that trap?

"To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever."

And what is your device for determining that is fact? The news maybe?
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:49:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 7:19:46 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:05:30 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:00:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:18:42 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.
The burden of proof is on you to prove that your point is correct, not for us to prove that it is incorrect.
Please, no scripture.
So you want us to prove our point, but not quote the text in question? Considering that scripture is directly pertaining to this discussion, I think it it incredibly relevant.

Allowing scripture presupposes the Bible is the word of God.

A lot of people don't think it is.

Besides it's not really relevant to the topic but I guess you didn't get that.
I do not believe that it is the "word of god" but it still directly pertains to this discussion, considering you are making the claim that it divides the world.

The claim that it divides the world?

It tells us who is evil and who is not, who is the good guys and who is the bad guys how is that not dividing the world?

Based on what I have seen I can't say I am impressed with it's track record on picking out what is good and what is bad.
It seems as though I have misunderstood your point, and I apologize. I also share your sentiment that it's not great in the moral department.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
InnerLimits
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 12:35:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 7:25:28 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:10:17 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.

To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever.

Does religion cause it or does religion mainly just manifest it. (manifest, that is to say, "make it more clearly able to be seen?")

I know people who because of their religion are very fine thinking and healthy minded people, living exceptionally peacefully with all around them and showing tremendous respect and love toward all. Now if religion caused people to bad that we would not be able to find.

So, being bad or doing evil is obviously a personal choice manipulated in us by what we choose to love.

If you let yourself dabble with drugs and get hooked on drugs then you have the battle to free yourself from that addiction. But what happens to many because of that one bad choice?

Many of them love the drugs and so refuse to give the drugs up and break the habit until it is too late. And by that time they have spiraled downward to a state of mind that allows many of them to steal and murder for their drugs.

Is this not as plain as the nose on our face? And why would a claimed religious person who choose to do bad things be any different from anyone else who has allowed their self to do these things that they know are wrong and so fell into that trap?

"To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever."

And what is your device for determining that is fact? The news maybe?

Aright then.

Whatever you wish to believe is not within my scope of responsibility.

I am hoping that you may have a good life to the best of your ability and that God will be able to bless the spirit which you show with bountiful plenty.

This is my last post before closing my account and leaving this forum. I did what I was asked to come here and do by the person I study with and I am now finished.

Goodbye all.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:10:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 12:35:17 PM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:25:28 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:10:17 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.

To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever.

Does religion cause it or does religion mainly just manifest it. (manifest, that is to say, "make it more clearly able to be seen?")

I know people who because of their religion are very fine thinking and healthy minded people, living exceptionally peacefully with all around them and showing tremendous respect and love toward all. Now if religion caused people to bad that we would not be able to find.

So, being bad or doing evil is obviously a personal choice manipulated in us by what we choose to love.

If you let yourself dabble with drugs and get hooked on drugs then you have the battle to free yourself from that addiction. But what happens to many because of that one bad choice?

Many of them love the drugs and so refuse to give the drugs up and break the habit until it is too late. And by that time they have spiraled downward to a state of mind that allows many of them to steal and murder for their drugs.

Is this not as plain as the nose on our face? And why would a claimed religious person who choose to do bad things be any different from anyone else who has allowed their self to do these things that they know are wrong and so fell into that trap?

"To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever."

And what is your device for determining that is fact? The news maybe?

Aright then.

Whatever you wish to believe is not within my scope of responsibility.

I am hoping that you may have a good life to the best of your ability and that God will be able to bless the spirit which you show with bountiful plenty.

This is my last post before closing my account and leaving this forum. I did what I was asked to come here and do by the person I study with and I am now finished.

Goodbye all.

That seemed like a total non-sequitur.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:51:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/18/2015 12:35:17 PM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:25:28 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 7:10:17 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 6:40:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 4/18/2015 5:17:00 AM, InnerLimits wrote:
At 4/18/2015 4:31:10 AM, Accipiter wrote:
The Bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the left, the us from the them and in so doing invented evil.

Prove me wrong.

Please, no scripture.

I have been noticing that same thing.

A man can go to one forum and if he speaks freely all that he believes he is evicted because the forums moderators are all supporting certain beliefs designated as belonging to that forum.

If that isn't bad enough, haters from the one forum often will follow him around as he changes to different forums where they continue blasting him and all he speaks with tons of words as if they believe they are performing a service to God. So the man has to finally get smart and never use the same screen name as doing so makes it too easy for those taunters to find him over and over.

Because of the Bible it is not safe even to be consistently who a man really is on this internet. Some of these men who do this kind of taunting are advance enough in computers that they even know how to mess with the computer of the ones they hate and they do not hesitate to do so.

Since I first began visiting forums which allow Bible discussion I would estimate that no less than a half dozen times I have had my computer fail due to viruses being dumped onto my computer. And I am talking about clearly identified to be viruses.

I know it was on these forums that I picked those viruses up because I don't really go anywhere other than these forums. I don't do a lot of downloading and when I read the news I only go to the most reputable sites. And I only go to the most reputable sites for any information purposes. Therefore I would have to believe my own IP dropped those viruses on me unless I conclude it was either one of the forums themselves or someone who picked up a dislike of me for what I believe and so expressed on those forums.

And if that is not sad enough, I have learned that what we find on the Internet in this regard is really just a reflection of what is actually happening in daily life away from the Internet. Sure the opportunity to note it is not as easy come by but it yet is happening in daily life, just in a less pronounced way because a person is not so visible in their daily life as they are on the Internet. I mean, this is why people learn not to speak about religion in the lunchrooms of the factories they work at. It is simply a risky thing to do.

Is this all needed? I get frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn't. But then I realize that though we do suffer for this now, this is needed so that the ones who have the potential to treat others badly have the opportunity to visit what lives in their own heart so they can if they would mend their heart by choosing to improve their wisdom.

Wars at every level, from right within families and communities to wars between nations are not as much about what someone believes as to the basics of a particular faith, but as to the evil which hides in man's hearts. And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way. Thus while religion causes us to suffer, it also gives us hope of learning a better way to discipline each man his own self. Clearly those who do not learn a better way from this simply do not want to. Their lives are tied up with so much love of other things that they have no time for it. And that is the same as not wanting to. Not as bad as consciously choosing to hang onto old ways but yet no one wants what they keep themselves from being conscious of. We must be conscious of our need before we can seek to fill that need.

"And religion brings that all out in the open where it can no longer be kept doing all it's work of harming other in a more secretive way."

People are not becoming evil, it's just that today you know a whole lot more about what goes on in the world then you or anyone else have ever known before.

Mostly this is the case because of not religion.

In fact religion has historically had a retarding force on unveiling the truth.

To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever.

Does religion cause it or does religion mainly just manifest it. (manifest, that is to say, "make it more clearly able to be seen?")

I know people who because of their religion are very fine thinking and healthy minded people, living exceptionally peacefully with all around them and showing tremendous respect and love toward all. Now if religion caused people to bad that we would not be able to find.

So, being bad or doing evil is obviously a personal choice manipulated in us by what we choose to love.

If you let yourself dabble with drugs and get hooked on drugs then you have the battle to free yourself from that addiction. But what happens to many because of that one bad choice?

Many of them love the drugs and so refuse to give the drugs up and break the habit until it is too late. And by that time they have spiraled downward to a state of mind that allows many of them to steal and murder for their drugs.

Is this not as plain as the nose on our face? And why would a claimed religious person who choose to do bad things be any different from anyone else who has allowed their self to do these things that they know are wrong and so fell into that trap?

"To a certain extent I agree with what you say but I also know that with the growing use of drugs and the media making visual pornographic fantasies easier, people are indeed acting out evil more than ever."

And what is your device for determining that is fact? The news maybe?

Aright then.

Whatever you wish to believe is not within my scope of responsibility.

I am hoping that you may have a good life to the best of your ability and that God will be able to bless the spirit which you show with bountiful plenty.

This is my last post before closing my account and leaving this forum. I did what I was asked to come here and do by the person I study with and I am now finished.

Goodbye all.

Wow that's quite a story.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. " Voltaire

Be careful, people who want to believe absurdities are everywhere these days.