Jump to topic:

In the name of Jesus!

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 5:38:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Whilst the majority of Christians don't go on about their faith, and many do a lot of good helping others, there are others who claim to be Christians, but are nothing but wind up merchants, imo. There are the hell fire brigade who drool at the thought of others burning in hell for all eternity. There are the bigots who use the Bible as an excuse for their nastiness, particularly towards gays. Forums seem to bring out the worst in some Christians, who just love to wind others up, and refuse to turn the other cheek!

If Jesus was everything they believe him to be, instead of long dead, don't they give a thought to the phrase, 'depart from me for I never knew you', which might apply to them too, as well as the heathen like myself?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:15:37 AM
At 4/18/2015 5:38:24 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Whilst the majority of Christians don't go on about their faith, and many do a lot of good helping others, there are others who claim to be Christians, but are nothing but wind up merchants, imo. There are the hell fire brigade who drool at the thought of others burning in hell for all eternity. There are the bigots who use the Bible as an excuse for their nastiness, particularly towards gays. Forums seem to bring out the worst in some Christians, who just love to wind others up, and refuse to turn the other cheek!

If Jesus was everything they believe him to be, instead of long dead, don't they give a thought to the phrase, 'depart from me for I never knew you', which might apply to them too, as well as the heathen like myself?

Nah mate! Jesus wasn't referring to heathens like yourself or to the atheists of the world, he was referring to those hypocrites, those so-called christians, the children of that great prostitute who sits on the seven hills and claims she has a kingship over the temporal kings of the earth, and the children of her harlot denominational daughters, who were spawned by her false teachings=spirit, before breaking away from their mother body to gather families of their own.

The Chapter and verse you are referring to is found in Matthew 7: 21/23; Lord, Lord! In your name we spoke God's message' by your name we drove out many demons and performed many miracles.

It was to them, not you heathens and atheists etc, who never preach God's message, or drive out demons or perform miracles, etc, Nah! It was to those hypocrites that Jesus said: "I never knew you. Get away from me you wicked people."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 11:33:42 AM
Well there are plenty of hypocrites posing as 'Christians', this forum hosts more than most others of this genre!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:52:25 PM
At 4/18/2015 11:33:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Well there are plenty of hypocrites posing as 'Christians', this forum hosts more than most others of this genre!

And what about all the heretics and Atheists as well as all those half baked so-called christians, I have never encountered another Religious forum that allows itself to be over run with so many infidels.

But I don't mind. One wins so many arguments on biblical matters, when surrounded by ignoramus' who are totally ignorant to the truths that are revealed therein..
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:14:41 AM

Actually that phrase in the story does not apply to heathen at all. It applies to only believers who called Jesus LORD.
Read it yourself. Matt 7:21-23
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:09:46 AM
At 4/19/2015 4:14:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Actually that phrase in the story does not apply to heathen at all. It applies to only believers who called Jesus LORD.

OK I phrased it wrongly. What I meant to say was that if Jesus was around today he could well apply that phrase to some of the unpleasant extremists claiming to be his buddies. If Jesus told them where to stick their 'friendship', they might well end up in hell with heathen like myself, LOL!
Preceptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 10:36:24 AM

You are absolutely right!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:51:47 PM
At 4/19/2015 6:09:46 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/19/2015 4:14:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:

OK I phrased it wrongly. What I meant to say was that if Jesus was around today he could well apply that phrase to some of the unpleasant extremists claiming to be his buddies. If Jesus told them where to stick their 'friendship', they might well end up in hell with heathen like myself, LOL!

Hell is a state of mind.
When you do not love someone in the first place, there is no emotional pain ( hell ) when they reject you.