1st Step

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 8:16:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is specifically for non theists.
For those of you who are curious as to what could you possibly do to take a "first step" to abide in God I'll give you a practical idea you can utilize. Now I'm sure that is real comical for some of you but hey, we are all headed in the same direction just some are further behind and for those further behind this may seem just hilarious but it will come back to you so maybe be a little more serious.
For those of you who just repeat the same things in every thread I'll just be ignoring you.

Step one......ALONE time. Bingo that's right there ya go, alone time, now let me explain why.

When you are alone, you are the most close to God as you can be, the reason is you have less distraction pulling you in other directions and less to repel God with, in other words it is harder to deceive yourself or to attempt to manipulate God with all kinds of chatter but if you're one of those people who might say "I don't repel God because I don't believe in God" that's fine I understand but you will lol, you most certainly will try to repel God at some point because to get closer to God burns, but when you endure the burn you get a hundred fold in return, there are no descriptions.

Spending alone time for spiritual reasons may seem humiliating but that is good, you are putting yourself in a position to receive, when you are submissive you can receive better, now I'm not talking fear here I'm talking attitude and flexibility. When you have alone time it puts you in a different frame of mind because you are stuck with yourself, there is nowhere to run, you are forced to listen but this must be practiced.
I'm not asking for prayer unless you want, I'm telling you just get alone first.
Look at the examples we have that are left from spiritual masters like Jesus, this guy could tell you about alone time lol. If you think this is bad try fasting in the woods for 40 days.

When you have alone time you are also offering to God a form of sacrifice, a lot of people don't understand sacrifice, they may view it as something evil or despicable but quite the opposite. Sacrifice is the peak of spiritual perfection and sacrifice is giving and God is a giving God, that is His nature, to sacrifice and to sacrifice is love.

Picture God for the fun of it as an all consuming fire, that fire burns your body just like a real fire would. You are a vessel of flesh, lets say inside that vessel of flesh is a burning flame as well. Your mission in this case is to get closer to the all consuming fire and when you make it inside your flame will join the all consuming fire.
All of us on this side of existence are headed in that direction even though it may not seem like it, as long as you are alive anything can happen. Everything you know to be true can change in a blink of an eye.
What are you burning when you get closer to God? I can't answer that because we all have to burn different things, that is why a theist can only point the way, we cannot give you perfect knowledge because you have to learn some things alone, no one can give you perfection. There are things I've had to let go of or change that I wasn't even aware of but it's fun nonetheless.
You see we can't stand in front of the God head in this body and remain alive, this is actually not a joke, that's why our relation with God is spiritual, because there is a process by which we abide in God, our nasty flesh would burn up and disintegrate, because God is like a fire, God is a refiner.

Once you have step one down begin following your insticts, stop thinking and listen, let yourself go and obey what your impressions are, that could be to pray, cry, repent, love, praise ,call someone and tell them a message I don't care just let it happen. So this is just a practical idea for those who may discern truth here or are in need of a change.

If you think this is dumb and you could care less about sacrifice then take a walk, no one needs to hear it just pass on by but for those that are interested this is just an idea and a suggestion, but I know it is important and in the end you may be glad I was here. I've been doing these things since I was a youngster, I am only unique in the sense that I have always desired spiritual things rather than material. The material is fun and good but it doesn't contain the full package, God bless you.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 8:54:21 AM
At 4/18/2015 8:16:39 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Once you have step one down begin following your insticts, stop thinking and listen, let yourself go and obey what your impressions are, that could be to pray, cry, repent, love, praise ,call someone and tell them a message I don't care just let it happen. So this is just a practical idea for those who may discern truth here or are in need of a change.

The bolded bit is critical kiddies. Check your brain in at the door. Then you too can join the club, er cult, er religion.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 8:57:14 AM
Fire fantasies and sacrifice, seems more like some barbaric voodoo ritual. You might want to get some professional help there.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 8:59:19 AM
At 4/18/2015 8:49:44 AM, dee-em wrote:
A summary for atheists: If you try hard enough you can convince yourself that what you imagine is actually real.

Next.

What he said^^^
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 9:14:18 AM
A summary for atheists: If you try hard enough you can convince yourself that what you imagine is actually real.

Next.

Exactly!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:23:30 PM

Next.

How is having alone time convincing yourself what you imagine is real? that makes no sense, as I said not to think but to listen.

Next.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:26:37 PM
At 4/18/2015 8:54:21 AM, dee-em wrote:

The bolded bit is critical kiddies. Check your brain in at the door. Then you too can join the club, er cult, er religion.

Meaning stop the chatter, in the moment so one can have clarity, apparently that went over your head.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:29:20 PM
At 4/18/2015 8:57:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Fire fantasies and sacrifice, seems more like some barbaric voodoo ritual. You might want to get some professional help there.

The brain dead see what the brain dead see. You see a barbaric ritual when there is none lol, good job.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:31:50 PM
At 4/18/2015 9:14:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Next.

Exactly!

Read post number 8 goof ball.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:41:28 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:26:37 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Meaning stop the chatter, in the moment so one can have clarity, apparently that went over your head.

It just so happens that I like walks in the forest, yet never felt the need to pray, cry, repent or praise and none of them have anything to do with "truth".
I guess you think of non-belivers as lost sheep, alone and anxious or something like that.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:49:42 PM

When you have alone time you are also offering to God a form of sacrifice, a lot of people don't understand sacrifice, they may view it as something evil or despicable but quite the opposite. Sacrifice is the peak of spiritual perfection and sacrifice is giving and God is a giving God, that is His nature, to sacrifice and to sacrifice is love.

Sacrifice: an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure, offer or kill as a religious sacrifice.

Picture God for the fun of it as an all consuming fire, that fire burns your body just like a real fire would. You are a vessel of flesh, lets say inside that vessel of flesh is a burning flame as well. Your mission in this case is to get closer to the all consuming fire and when you make it inside your flame will join the all consuming fire.

You see we can't stand in front of the God head in this body and remain alive, this is actually not a joke, that's why our relation with God is spiritual, because there is a process by which we abide in God, our nasty flesh would burn up and disintegrate, because God is like a fire, God is a refiner.

"To dream of that you are being burned by fire, indicates that your temper is getting out of control. "

http://www.dreamedictionary.com...

"If you yourself are burnt during your dream, it speaks of your inner state of unrest. You"re fired up, you"re feeling heated"you"re angry or experiencing overwhelming negative emotions."

http://www.psychicsuniverse.com...

"To dream that you being burned alive represents feelings of never being cared about ever again. Despair. Other people rubbing in their neglect, abandonment, or ill will towards you. Insensitivity you feel from others. Bleakness, hardship, or something a situation that devoid of all freedom. "

http://www.dreambible.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:50:39 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:41:28 PM, Fkkize wrote:
At 4/18/2015 1:26:37 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

It just so happens that I like walks in the forest, yet never felt the need to pray, cry, repent or praise and none of them have anything to do with "truth".
I guess you think of non-belivers as lost sheep, alone and anxious or something like that.

You can enjoy creation just like all of us, I'm talking about spiritual not nature. To set intentions towards God by getting alone is one way to take a step, if that's not your deal then it wasn't for you.
And no I don't really think of you as anything, I have nothing but good thoughts towards you.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:52:37 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:50:39 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
I have nothing but good thoughts towards you.

You see, this is exactly what many people find creepy about Christians.
:
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:55:11 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:49:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Sacrifice: an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure, offer or kill as a religious sacrifice.

Not talking about killing animals silly lol I already know the definitions given, so without saying my reference is OFFERING, offering means to give, as I stated.

"To dream of that you are being burned by fire, indicates that your temper is getting out of control. "

I didn't have a dream about it, it was an illustration but nice try.

http://www.dreamedictionary.com...

"If you yourself are burnt during your dream, it speaks of your inner state of unrest. You"re fired up, you"re feeling heated"you"re angry or experiencing overwhelming negative emotions."

It was an illustration, ever use one??

http://www.psychicsuniverse.com...

"To dream that you being burned alive represents feelings of never being cared about ever again. Despair. Other people rubbing in their neglect, abandonment, or ill will towards you. Insensitivity you feel from others. Bleakness, hardship, or something a situation that devoid of all freedom. "

http://www.dreambible.com...

Never ever dreamed any of it, it was an illustration but nice try.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 1:56:26 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:52:37 PM, Fkkize wrote:

I'm not creepy, and I'm also not a typical Christian. And I don't see how that was creepy.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 2:01:22 PM
For me at least, the most logical "1st step" to accepting God into my life would be finding evidence of his existence, and since that hasn't happened, I doubt this whole quiet contemplation thing will be of very much "help".
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 2:12:50 PM
At 4/18/2015 1:56:26 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

I'm not creepy, and I'm also not a typical Christian. And I don't see how that was creepy.

To be fair not all Christians are like that (looking at you Mhykiel). Some people interpret the 'I love all of you' attitude as arrogance, since they find it to be a kind of 'natural instinct' to dislike some other people. They think someone like you feels too good for such profound emotions.
:
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:01:28 PM
At 4/18/2015 2:12:50 PM, Fkkize wrote:

To be fair not all Christians are like that (looking at you Mhykiel). Some people interpret the 'I love all of you' attitude as arrogance, since they find it to be a kind of 'natural instinct' to dislike some other people. They think someone like you feels too good for such profound emotions.

But yes some Christians are creepy lol, I've known plenty I've seen some weird stuff.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:03:41 PM

I'd say "spend more time studying the New Testament." I'm not sure what you are advocating.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:20:40 PM
At 4/18/2015 2:01:22 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:
For me at least, the most logical "1st step" to accepting God into my life would be finding evidence of his existence, and since that hasn't happened, I doubt this whole quiet contemplation thing will be of very much "help".

Well that's part of it, there are two dimensions one physical and the other spiritual. You find this commonality throughout almost every belief but the point is that we examine the two at different levels, the material is just one stage of existence. Since the two are not the same in nature we experience them differently. The physical is outward but the spiritual inward, for humans anyway.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:29:04 PM
At 4/18/2015 3:03:41 PM, annanicole wrote:

I'd say "spend more time studying the New Testament." I'm not sure what you are advocating.

That's not bad advice, I've been doing that since I was a kid but spending time with God is spending time with God, whether you read, listen or pray. The atheist already know the NT, that's not the problem. We need to seek God in our own lives, that's what connects it with reality, otherwise it's just a label.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:43:47 PM
For those of you who are curious as to what could you possibly do to take a "first step" to abide in God I'll give you a practical idea you can utilize. Now I'm sure that is real comical for some of you but hey, we are all headed in the same direction just some are further behind and for those further behind this may seem just hilarious but it will come back to you so maybe be a little more serious.
For those of you who just repeat the same things in every thread I'll just be ignoring you.

Where did you get your degree on "how to abide in God"? I suppose you have one right? If not, I don't think why anyone will take seriously your wannabe guide, with all due respect.

Step one......ALONE time. Bingo that's right there ya go, alone time, now let me explain why.

When you are alone, you are the most close to God as you can be, the reason is you have less distraction pulling you in other directions and less to repel God with, in other words it is harder to deceive yourself or to attempt to manipulate God with all kinds of chatter but if you're one of those people who might say "I don't repel God because I don't believe in God" that's fine I understand but you will lol, you most certainly will try to repel God at some point because to get closer to God burns, but when you endure the burn you get a hundred fold in return, there are no descriptions.

God burns? Wait, which God are we talking about? http://media.tumblr.com...

Spending alone time for spiritual reasons may seem humiliating but that is good, you are putting yourself in a position to receive.

when you are submissive you can receive better

................... Are we still talking about religion?

now I'm not talking fear here I'm talking attitude and flexibility. When you have alone time it puts you in a different frame of mind because you are stuck with yourself, there is nowhere to run, you are forced to listen but this must be practiced.
I'm not asking for prayer unless you want, I'm telling you just get alone first.
Look at the examples we have that are left from spiritual masters like Jesus, this guy could tell you about alone time lol. If you think this is bad try fasting in the woods for 40 days.

All of us on this side of existence are headed in that direction even though it may not seem like it, as long as you are alive anything can happen. Everything you know to be true can change in a blink of an eye.
What are you burning when you get closer to God? I can't answer that because we all have to burn different things, that is why a theist can only point the way, we cannot give you perfect knowledge because you have to learn some things alone, no one can give you perfection. There are things I've had to let go of or change that I wasn't even aware of but it's fun nonetheless.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

If you think this is dumb and you could care less about sacrifice then take a walk, no one needs to hear it just pass on by but for those that are interested this is just an idea and a suggestion, but I know it is important and in the end you may be glad I was here. I've been doing these things since I was a youngster, I am only unique in the sense that I have always desired spiritual things rather than material. The material is fun and good but it doesn't contain the full package, God bless you.

I don't need the material, nor God, the love of my family, friends, lovers and pets, is sufficient. So technicaly I win.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 3:53:47 PM

Spending alone time for spiritual reasons may seem humiliating but that is good, you are putting yourself in a position to receive, when you are submissive you can receive better, now I'm not talking fear here I'm talking attitude and flexibility. When you have alone time it puts you in a different frame of mind because you are stuck with yourself, there is nowhere to run, you are forced to listen but this must be practiced.

You assume that the problem is that non-religious don't spend time alone? Introverts spend more time alone, and tend to have higher IQs. The non-religious are most commonly found among high IQ people. So, if non-religious people are more likely to have high IQs, high IQ people tend to be introverted and introverts spend more time alone than extroverts, one can say that more alone time would actually result in non-religious beliefs.
TheUncannyN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:38:26 PM

Spending alone time for spiritual reasons may seem humiliating but that is good, you are putting yourself in a position to receive, when you are submissive you can receive better
No
stop thinking and listen
No

This is why you're not taken seriously. Your position hinges on the same thing fairy tales do: suspension of disbelief. The tragic thing is that you believe it's justified (or should be justified) in your case. Adolescent egocentrism for grown ups. And contrary to your belief, not everyone is a mindless sheep in need of herding and a sadomasochistic relationship like you apparently are.

You haven't even adequately defended your position in your previous threads (read: diatribes), so why should we listen to you now?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:01:53 PM
At 4/18/2015 3:53:47 PM, Harper wrote:

You assume that the problem is that non-religious don't spend time alone? Introverts spend more time alone, and tend to have higher IQs. The non-religious are most commonly found among high IQ people. So, if non-religious people are more likely to have high IQs, high IQ people tend to be introverted and introverts spend more time alone than extroverts, one can say that more alone time would actually result in non-religious beliefs.

I am an introvert.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:05:33 PM
At 4/18/2015 3:29:04 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

That's not bad advice, I've been doing that since I was a kid but spending time with God is spending time with God, whether you read, listen or pray. The atheist already know the NT,

I've never met one who did.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:11:30 PM
At 4/18/2015 6:38:26 PM, TheUncannyN wrote:

Spending alone time for spiritual reasons may seem humiliating but that is good, you are putting yourself in a position to receive, when you are submissive you can receive better
No
stop thinking and listen
No

This is why you're not taken seriously. Your position hinges on the same thing fairy tales do: suspension of disbelief. The tragic thing is that you believe it's justified (or should be justified) in your case. Adolescent egocentrism for grown ups. And contrary to your belief, not everyone is a mindless sheep in need of herding and a sadomasochistic relationship like you apparently are.

My position hinges on the same thing as fairy tales do lol? Since when is clearing ones mind in quiet a fairy tale?

How am I a mindless sheep BTW? I'd like you to explain that.

You haven't even adequately defended your position in your previous threads (read: diatribes), so why should we listen to you now?

You mean the thread I said was not arguments but suggestions?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:14:45 PM
At 4/18/2015 7:05:33 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/18/2015 3:29:04 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

That's not bad advice, I've been doing that since I was a kid but spending time with God is spending time with God, whether you read, listen or pray. The atheist already know the NT,

I've never met one who did.

LOL, okay well you got me there.