Seek biblical a answer

the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 3:22:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The answer to this question can be found in one chapter of biblical scriptures:

What does God do in an attempt to help us believe that he is God, according to scripture ?

No need to provide a explanatory answer, what I'm looking for is the scripture Ref's. use any means available to find the answer, first correct post wins,

Three Clues (take 'em or leave 'em.)
A - He tells us this is the reason for him doing it
B - he describes part of our human nature
C - the answer can be found in the OT, but, I also say "it can be found in the OT, though this part of the OT is actually a form of the NT". -

If I get a response I will continue to quiz,
For me this is Just a bit of fun whilst learning.

Scriptures of the week = Join the dots

Heb 10:14 "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified".
Eccl 3:14 "I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him".

When we are forgiven of our sins, we cannot be unforgiven, when we are cleansed we cannot be uncleaned.= "we are saved"..
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2010 11:56:54 PM
At 7/31/2010 3:25:44 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 11:02:53 AM
At 7/31/2010 3:22:34 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

What does God do in an attempt to help us believe that he is God, according to scripture ?

No need to provide a explanatory answer, what I'm looking for is the scripture Ref's. use any means available to find the answer, first correct post wins,

C - the answer can be found in the OT, but, I also say "it can be found in the OT, though this part of the OT is actually a form of the NT". -

Heb 10:14 "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified".
Eccl 3:14 "I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him".

When we are forgiven of our sins, we cannot be unforgiven, when we are cleansed we cannot be uncleaned.= "we are saved"..

how about these Ezekiel 20:44 "'You will know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, O house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.'"
Ezekiel 6:13 "And they will know that I am the LORD, when their people lie slain among their idols around their altars, on every high hill and on all the mountaintops, under every spreading tree and every leafy oak--places where they offered fragrant incense to all their idols."

is that ruffly the scriptural language you are looking for? where god says through his prophet 'then you'll/they will know that I am the Lord'?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2010 3:01:12 PM
how about these Ezekiel 20:44 "'You will know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, O house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.'"
Ezekiel 6:13 "And they will know that I am the LORD, when their people lie slain among their idols around their altars, on every high hill and on all the mountaintops, under every spreading tree and every leafy oak--places where they offered fragrant incense to all their idols."

is that ruffly the scriptural language you are looking for? where god says through his prophet 'then you'll/they will know that I am the Lord'?

No but I think you provided a brilliant answer, and I am more than happy to accept it, thanks for participating, I'm impressed !

The answer I was referring to can be found In Isa,
first allow me to explain one of the clues I provided,
Isa is known as the "miniature bible" or "the bible in miniature" I contains 66 chapters (bible has 66 books) the first 39 refers to the OT and the remaining 33 covers the NT = the 40TH verse begins with talking about John the Baptizer as does the NT,
The answer I had in mind was - ;
God tells us things before they come to pass, this way we cannot give credit to any other source, = we know God alone has caused these things to happen,

Isa 48
4Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;

5I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

6Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

7They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.

8Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb.

We can point to many things and know God caused it or them,
Here is an example.
Matt 11:21 & 23
and here is a link for you to see what has happened to them,
http://en.wikipedia.org..., just Google the other two cities and the results are the same, - derelict (other town etc situated in the same region are thriving or have been rebuilt, but these three mentioned by Jesus are not.
Praise the Lord !
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 3:18:06 AM
At 7/31/2010 3:22:34 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Why are you 'not saying' what your religion is?
The Cross.. the Cross.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 8:24:01 AM
At 8/2/2010 3:18:06 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Answer -: I have no religion. nor will I at anytime.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 10:56:47 AM
At 8/2/2010 8:24:01 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

How about this: "Ezekiel 25:17: The path of righteous man is beset on all sides be the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children everywhere. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, at those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know My name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!" I just thought it was some cold-blooded sh!t to say to a motherf_cker 'fore I popped a cap in his @ss. But I saw some sh!t this mornin' made me think twice...
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 12:40:56 PM

when you use the term 'religion' are just meaning an organized agreed upon beliefs by a group, or that you do not believe in God? because generally on this website people mean the second when they say they have no religion but you speak as though you have faith in the new and old testament.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 1:20:57 PM
At 8/2/2010 12:40:56 PM, Marauder wrote:

when you use the term 'religion' are just meaning an organized agreed upon beliefs by a group, or that you do not believe in God? because generally on this website people mean the second when they say they have no religion but you speak as though you have faith in the new and old test

My beliefs are in God, not religion,
I have no need to allow religion to come between me and My understanding, relationship, or worship of God,
I am nondenominational, every religion adds to the bible in an effort to survive, I'm not interested in their survival, quite the opposite !
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:11:50 PM
To you in person there is no biblical proof.

The bible is the unquestionable word of God, his prophets and his apostles. That is all.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:22:16 PM
At 8/2/2010 2:11:50 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

The bible is the unquestionable word of God, his prophets and his apostles. That is all.

Are you saying there is no proof for the bible being true ?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:29:40 PM
At 8/2/2010 2:22:16 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Err...why is that surprising?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:55:41 PM
At 8/2/2010 2:29:40 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:22:16 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Err...why is that surprising?

I'm not surprised, I just wanted it clarified, but I'm not sure what parts you have no faith in,
I mean we know Israel exists, and existed at the time the book was written, what else do you want ? , I expect loads but what ?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 3:30:04 AM

Then why do you attribute authority to the Bible?
The Cross.. the Cross.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 3:41:21 AM
At 8/3/2010 3:30:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Then why do you attribute authority to the bible

Are you of the impression that a person needs to have religion in their life to believe the bible to be the word of God ?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 3:48:49 AM
At 8/3/2010 3:41:21 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Are you of the impression that a person needs to have religion in their life to believe the bible to be the word of God ?

Well, true Christianity is anti-religion; EVERYONE else (including atheists) have religion. (religion=IF I keep to this set of rules/ideals I can live with myself)

But in the context of our profile page, in the context of how the world views religion, are YOU a Christian?
The Cross.. the Cross.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2010 4:00:17 AM
At 8/3/2010 3:48:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Well, true Christianity is anti-religion; EVERYONE else (including atheists) have religion. (religion=IF I keep to this set of rules/ideals I can live with myself)

But in the context of our profile page, in the context of how the world views religion, are YOU a Christian?

Yes !
I am a Christian who's life had became totally unmanageable, and now puts total Trust, (God given faith) in the shed blood of Jesus for my salvation and now has a life that is easily manageable !
I did nothing and continue to do nothing of my own works to contribute to my salvation, it is a free gift.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 2:46:35 AM
At 8/3/2010 4:00:17 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
At 8/3/2010 3:48:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Yes !
I am a Christian who's life had became totally unmanageable, and now puts total Trust, (God given faith) in the shed blood of Jesus for my salvation and now has a life that is easily manageable !
I did nothing and continue to do nothing of my own works to contribute to my salvation, it is a free gift.

AMEN Brother!
The Cross.. the Cross.