Jump to topic:

Is there a pre-tribulation rapture

Preceptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 1:29:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
From my understanding of scripture there is not a pre-tribulation rapture of the church. I think makes this clear numerous times like in 1 Thessalonians 4-5. Also when researching the word tribulation in scripture it appears to always be for the saint's or elect. I have a lot of study on this topic from many points of view. I like to get a open discussion on this topic. Please feel free to post your opinion unless it is useless sarcasm which no one needs or cares for.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 2:31:43 AM
At 4/20/2015 1:29:14 AM, Preceptor wrote:
From my understanding of scripture there is not a pre-tribulation rapture of the church. I think makes this clear numerous times like in 1 Thessalonians 4-5. Also when researching the word tribulation in scripture it appears to always be for the saint's or elect. I have a lot of study on this topic from many points of view. I like to get a open discussion on this topic. Please feel free to post your opinion unless it is useless sarcasm which no one needs or cares for.

The Bible can be interpreted in any way you wish. To think a book full of myths and legends has much veracity is crazy in my opinion.

If you don't want your posts challenged I suggest you don't post on this forum!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 6:30:07 AM
Summary: Early Christians had some weird ideas a couple of thousand years ago. Let's discuss whether this mad interpretation is correct or that one.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:27:35 AM
With 1 Thes 4:16-18 giving us such a clear description of the rapture, you would have to conclude that some people are just playing games with the Word of God.
Their logic fails because there are a huge number of words that don't appear in the Bible, including the word "Bible." Because God's Word was originally written in Hebrew and Greek, one could truthfully say that no English words are in the Bible.
Enjoy
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:40:19 AM
At 4/20/2015 8:27:35 AM, Rant wrote:
With 1 Thes 4:16-18 giving us such a clear description of the rapture, you would have to conclude that some people are just playing games with the Word of God.
Their logic fails because there are a huge number of words that don't appear in the Bible, including the word "Bible." Because God's Word was originally written in Hebrew and Greek, one could truthfully say that no English words are in the Bible.
Enjoy

You have not one shred of evidence that what is stated in the Bible has anything to do with a deity!