Jump to topic:

Where are heaven and hell?

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 8:09:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For those who believe in the Christian idea of an afterlife, where exactly are heaven and hell situated?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 8:25:33 AM
At 4/21/2015 8:09:49 AM, JJ50 wrote:
For those who believe in the Christian idea of an afterlife, where exactly are heaven and hell situated?

Christians see heaven as a berth above the atheists so they can look down on them rotting in hell below.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 8:39:29 AM
At 4/21/2015 8:25:33 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Christians see heaven as a berth above the atheists so they can look down on them rotting in hell below.

LOL!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 5:07:51 PM

In the Bible. ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 8:06:09 PM

I believe that if Heaven and Hell are synonymous with right and wrong, then that concept comes from within all of us.
Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 8:17:46 PM

Eventually you'll find out where one of the two is!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:11:25 AM
For those who believe in the Christian idea of an afterlife, where exactly are heaven and hell situated? : :

The hell idea came from misinterpreted prophecies by antichrists who have no idea who our Creator is. They don't understand what heaven means, either.

This means there is no such a place called hell. All the flesh of this world will die in it so if you want to call this world hell, it's a much better description than a place where bad people will burn and suffer for their sins but remain alive through it.

Heaven is God's thoughts spoken into His computing language where all visible objects are formed from according to His program called Eternal Life. We're living in ACT I of His program but it will soon end. Then we'll awaken to ACT II that will go on for eternity.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 3:30:47 AM
At 4/21/2015 8:17:46 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

I suspect not, as I am of the opinion that when we die we all cease to be!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 7:28:17 AM
At 4/21/2015 8:17:46 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

http://www.jandmranch.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:19:36 PM
I was going to stay out of this since I don't profess to Christian beliefs but I couldn't resist. Heaven and hell exist only in the minds of believers who need both a carrot and a stick to make sure they behave as their God demands without question. Oh, and in some literature, all fictional.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:26:16 PM

Clouds and puppy's or burning sulfur and lots of word problems. Take your choice.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 12:29:03 AM

I think the first line of reasoning to resolve is, WHAT is Heaven and Hell.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 12:55:53 AM

Heaven and hell are conditions, not places. The real saints are in hell right now. We are at the bottom of everyone else; we are getting killed left and right by police officers; we are discriminated because of our skin color; we don't have the same rights as everyone else does; we get the left overs of everything. Heaven is when the world is at peace and we are rulers of the earth again; when we return to being the Princes and Princesses of the world, when our captives go into captivity (Revelation 13:10), that is going to be heaven for us.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 12:58:52 AM
At 4/22/2015 3:11:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:
For those who believe in the Christian idea of an afterlife, where exactly are heaven and hell situated? : :

The hell idea came from misinterpreted prophecies by antichrists who have no idea who our Creator is. They don't understand what heaven means, either.

This means there is no such a place called hell. All the flesh of this world will die in it so if you want to call this world hell, it's a much better description than a place where bad people will burn and suffer for their sins but remain alive through it.

Heaven is God's thoughts spoken into His computing language where all visible objects are formed from according to His program called Eternal Life. We're living in ACT I of His program but it will soon end. Then we'll awaken to ACT II that will go on for eternity

So God's thoughts are a place?????????????????????????? You really must stop acting like you are Jesus and/or a saint because you are misinterpreting the Bible.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:22:10 AM
The word, "heaven", in both the Old and the New Testament, merely means "high" or "lofty".

So it could very well be more a condition or state of being than an actual place.

But it could also be both.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:27:45 AM
At 4/24/2015 12:58:52 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Heaven is God's thoughts spoken into His computing language where all visible objects are formed from according to His program called Eternal Life. We're living in ACT I of His program but it will soon end. Then we'll awaken to ACT II that will go on for eternity

So God's thoughts are a place?????????????????????????? You really must stop acting like you are Jesus and/or a saint because you are misinterpreting the Bible.

And you have the correct interpretation do you? LOL!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:52:58 AM

So God's thoughts are a place?????????????????????????? You really must stop acting like you are Jesus and/or a saint because you are misinterpreting the Bible. : :

I'm the only one on this planet who understands everything written in the Bible.
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 4:38:26 AM
At 4/24/2015 2:52:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I'm the only one on this planet who understands everything written in the Bible.
No no no. You're a demo operator to keep DDO traffic alive. LOL
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:42:05 AM

Hell, as described in scripture, is the easiest one to answer. You can find it in every cemetry or burial ground.

Why?

Because in scripture hell (Hades or Sheol) is nothing more than the grave.

Heaven is a little more difficult to place, because it isn't a part of the physical realm.

Some understand it to be outside the entire universe.

Some understand it to be another dimension entirely.

Some say it is both.

Whatever, if you read the biblical descriptions of it, it is indeed another realm entirely which is almost as incompatible with the physical world as anti-matter would be with matter.

The only way a spirit being can come down to earth is to materialise a physical body, as Christ did after his resurrection as a spirit in order to come to earth and strengthen his followers, or as the disobedient angels did, before the flood, to come to earth, and take human women as wives and father the Nephilim.

The only way those few who go to heaven to rule with Christ can do so is by "putting on incorruption" in other words being given a spirit body, if "body" is an adequate description of how they end up.

Sorry, but that is the best I can do because scripture does not, maybe even cannot, describe it any clearer.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:46:04 AM
At 4/24/2015 4:38:26 AM, Dazz wrote:

No no no. You're a demo operator to keep DDO traffic alive. LOL

Is that why he has been banned once and is under threat of permanent ban?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:03:23 AM

For those with a scientific idea of the atom, where exactly is the electron in its orbit around the nucleus of the atom situated?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:23:09 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:03:23 AM, ethang5 wrote:

For those with a scientific idea of the atom, where exactly is the electron in its orbit around the nucleus of the atom situated?

As far as I am aware the electron/s are free p[articles orbiting round the nucleus in the empty space between it and the Atom outer wall.

What that spaces is called I cannot remember.

That is why there is no such thing as a truly solid substance.

Some scientists believe that if you too all of the "nothing" out of every atom in every human on the planet you could put them in a normal sized matchbox, if you could find one strong enough to hold what would be a tremendously massive object. After all, if all you are losing is the "nothing" from each person's atoms you are retaining the mass.

I have always found the fact that the atom is basically the same design as a solar system on a micro-miniature scale amusing, to say the least.

Talk about economy of design. If it works, don;t change it any more than needed.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:39:07 AM
At 4/24/2015 4:38:26 AM, Dazz wrote:

No no no. You're a demo operator to keep DDO traffic alive. LOL : :

It won't be long before your body is demolished for good.

Psalm 22
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:51:25 AM

So God's thoughts are a place?????????????????????????? You really must stop acting like you are Jesus and/or a saint because you are misinterpreting the Bible. : :

LOL. I am sure glad somebody does.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:53:51 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:51:25 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:

LOL. I am sure glad somebody does. : :

I represent the spiritual side of humanity. No man understood that "spirit" means information, also known as the thoughts of our Creator.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:55:13 AM

LOL. I am sure glad somebody does.

I can point you to millions who understand it better, lol. Including myself.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:55:14 AM
Poor Brad, it is quite clear to everyone one else but him, that he doesn't have a grip on reality!
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:55:46 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:03:23 AM, ethang5 wrote:

In their various orbits as determined by the number of electrons and protons.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:59:06 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:53:51 AM, bornofgod wrote:

LOL. I am sure glad somebody does. : :

I represent the spiritual side of humanity. No man understood that "spirit" means information, also known as the thoughts of our Creator.

You and I actually agree on that point. That is why Jesus told us that the following:

John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."