Jump to topic:

Taking a hiatus

Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:15:26 AM
At 4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.

Goodbye, Ben. Best of luck to you.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
TheUncannyN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:18:49 AM

Later, Ben. We had our disagreements, but I wish you the best in this endeavor. Hopefully you're questioning some of your own beliefs in the process.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:36:08 AM
I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have.

Good luck with your reading, Ben, and best wishes for your further inquiries.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:45:56 AM
I hate to be a nay-sayer but, knowing Ben, his reading is going to be highly selective and the focus will be on shoring up and improving his existing arguments which he realizes have been found wanting. More Dembski, Meyer and Behe probably.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:41:20 AM
At 4/22/2015 12:45:56 AM, dee-em wrote:
I hate to be a nay-sayer but, knowing Ben, his reading is going to be highly selective and the focus will be on shoring up and improving his existing arguments which he realizes have been found wanting. More Dembski, Meyer and Behe probably.

Probably.

Good luck anyway, later Ben.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:01:13 AM

Goodbye. Best of luck to you. You may want to see the upcoming debate, though.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass