Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Taking a hiatus

Benshapiro
Posts: 4,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:15:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.

Goodbye, Ben. Best of luck to you.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
TheUncannyN
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:18:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.

Later, Ben. We had our disagreements, but I wish you the best in this endeavor. Hopefully you're questioning some of your own beliefs in the process.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:36:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have.

Good luck with your reading, Ben, and best wishes for your further inquiries.
dee-em
Posts: 7,696
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:45:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I hate to be a nay-sayer but, knowing Ben, his reading is going to be highly selective and the focus will be on shoring up and improving his existing arguments which he realizes have been found wanting. More Dembski, Meyer and Behe probably.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Fkkize
Posts: 2,293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:41:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/22/2015 12:45:56 AM, dee-em wrote:
I hate to be a nay-sayer but, knowing Ben, his reading is going to be highly selective and the focus will be on shoring up and improving his existing arguments which he realizes have been found wanting. More Dembski, Meyer and Behe probably.

Probably.

Good luck anyway, later Ben.
The problem with Capitalism is that people are not greedy enough.
tejretics
Posts: 6,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:01:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2015 9:49:52 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I'm posting this here because this is where I've been most active during my time on the site. I think it'd be beneficial for me to begin delving into some bookwork to help answer some of the questions that I have. Hopefully when and if I return I'll have a better understanding of things. I've also been spending an unhealthy amount of time on DDO so I may not return. Goodbye and best wishes to everybody.

Goodbye. Best of luck to you. You may want to see the upcoming debate, though.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...