Total Posts:90|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What did Adam do wrong?

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:19:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Obeying the deity is like obeying the evil Hitler, or any other tyrant!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:21:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 3:19:40 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Obeying the deity is like obeying the evil Hitler, or any other tyrant! : :

Hitler did exactly as our Creator planned for him to say and act out. It's very difficult for religious people to accept a Creator who they love with emotions rather than understand what the love of God means.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:27:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 3:21:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 3:19:40 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Obeying the deity is like obeying the evil Hitler, or any other tyrant! : :

Hitler did exactly as our Creator planned for him to say and act out. It's very difficult for religious people to accept a Creator who they love with emotions rather than understand what the love of God means.

If that is true your version of the deity is pure evil, there is NOTHING good about it!
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:30:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Adam technically didn't do anything wrong, Eve brought him the fruit, and being a husband whom trusts his wife (that was literally created for him to keep him company), he ate of what she brought him.

Eve, to me, didn't do terribly much wrong either, as she didn't know what deception was, that was contained in the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The two were like children, and not surprisingly, were duped. Do you blame the kids for not being prepared, or do you blame the parents?

Anyhoo, Pandora, Eve, Box, Tree, what evs.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:34:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 3:27:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 3:21:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 3:19:40 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Obeying the deity is like obeying the evil Hitler, or any other tyrant! : :

Hitler did exactly as our Creator planned for him to say and act out. It's very difficult for religious people to accept a Creator who they love with emotions rather than understand what the love of God means.

If that is true your version of the deity is pure evil, there is NOTHING good about it! : :

He's the Creator of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil but He planned on destroying it once He gets done teaching us how He created everything. Once this world is destroyed, all the memories will die with it. When we awaken in our new bodies in Paradise, we won't remember how good and evil things were in the first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:35:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

Adam did nothing wrong.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:35:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 3:30:41 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Adam technically didn't do anything wrong, Eve brought him the fruit, and being a husband whom trusts his wife (that was literally created for him to keep him company), he ate of what she brought him.

Eve, to me, didn't do terribly much wrong either, as she didn't know what deception was, that was contained in the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The two were like children, and not surprisingly, were duped. Do you blame the kids for not being prepared, or do you blame the parents? : :

Our Father ( Creator ) and Mother ( Invisible Creation ) is to blame for everything.

Anyhoo, Pandora, Eve, Box, Tree, what evs.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:51:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

Hey JJ50 what a great question! However I think your understanding of Scripture is flawed. You claim God didn't "want" Adam to eat from the Tree of Knowledge; but that is impossible because if God doesn't "want" something to happen it is impossible for it to happen. The fact that Adam ate from the Tree proves that God wanted him to eat from it, despite what He commanded them.

First, we are told

"And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9

We see that it was God Himself who planted the Tree of Knowledge. Notice where He put the Tree. Right in the "midst" (middle) of the Garden. He then commands Adam not to eat from it. God commands us to do a lot of things that He knows we won't follow. However, He has an awesome plan, so any act against His apparent Will is all in accordance with His Perfect Will.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? "Genesis 3:1

This verse shows that it is God Himself who created the Serpent and God made Him more subtil (crafty) than any other creature. The Serpent deceived Eve because God wanted Eve to be decieved. By deceiving Eve, God brought about the means for us to obtain Knowledge of Good and Evil. This Knowledge is absolutely necessary to distinguish mankind from the other beasts.

God is making man in His perfect Image. The process is not yet complete, but it will be at the Consummation of the the Ages. There has only been one Man who has fulfilled this purpose, and God has exalted Him above all things because of His humility and obedience, Yeshua the Messiah.

"Having made known unto us the MYSTERY of HIS WILL, according to HIS GOOD PLEASURE which he hath PURPOSED IN HIMSELF:
That in the dispensation of the FULNESS OF TIMES he might gather TOGETHER IN ONE ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in HEAVEN, and which are on EARTH; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL

Thanks for the question, I hope you got the answer you was looking for. God bless you friend.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 5:17:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Hello bornofgod, it is good to meet you. Your name is very familiar to me. Have I read from you on bible-truths.com or perhaps city-data.com? I see there are several posts that your name is the last to respond. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the revealed Word of God causes mouths to shut. I'm curious to know why you believe the account of the Garden is symbolic? I do understand there are a lot of symbolic and spiritual truths contained in Genesis, but I've always understood them to be a literal account foreshadowing what was to come. Perhaps the word "day" is symbolic when concerning how long it took God to create the world, but regardless, I see no problem with taking the account literal. There appears to be equal evidence concerning that matter. Thank you for your time and God bless you.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 5:39:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 3:51:36 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

Hey JJ50 what a great question! However I think your understanding of Scripture is flawed. You claim God didn't "want" Adam to eat from the Tree of Knowledge; but that is impossible because if God doesn't "want" something to happen it is impossible for it to happen. The fact that Adam ate from the Tree proves that God wanted him to eat from it, despite what He commanded them.

First, we are told

"And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9

We see that it was God Himself who planted the Tree of Knowledge. Notice where He put the Tree. Right in the "midst" (middle) of the Garden. He then commands Adam not to eat from it. God commands us to do a lot of things that He knows we won't follow. However, He has an awesome plan, so any act against His apparent Will is all in accordance with His Perfect Will.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? "Genesis 3:1

This verse shows that it is God Himself who created the Serpent and God made Him more subtil (crafty) than any other creature. The Serpent deceived Eve because God wanted Eve to be decieved. By deceiving Eve, God brought about the means for us to obtain Knowledge of Good and Evil. This Knowledge is absolutely necessary to distinguish mankind from the other beasts.

God is making man in His perfect Image. The process is not yet complete, but it will be at the Consummation of the the Ages. There has only been one Man who has fulfilled this purpose, and God has exalted Him above all things because of His humility and obedience, Yeshua the Messiah.

"Having made known unto us the MYSTERY of HIS WILL, according to HIS GOOD PLEASURE which he hath PURPOSED IN HIMSELF:
That in the dispensation of the FULNESS OF TIMES he might gather TOGETHER IN ONE ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in HEAVEN, and which are on EARTH; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL

Thanks for the question, I hope you got the answer you was looking for. God bless you friend.

So if the deity wanted Adam to eat the fruit, why did the evil so and so punish him for it?
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 7:31:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 5:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/22/2015 3:51:36 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

Hey JJ50 what a great question! However I think your understanding of Scripture is flawed. You claim God didn't "want" Adam to eat from the Tree of Knowledge; but that is impossible because if God doesn't "want" something to happen it is impossible for it to happen. The fact that Adam ate from the Tree proves that God wanted him to eat from it, despite what He commanded them.

First, we are told

"And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9

We see that it was God Himself who planted the Tree of Knowledge. Notice where He put the Tree. Right in the "midst" (middle) of the Garden. He then commands Adam not to eat from it. God commands us to do a lot of things that He knows we won't follow. However, He has an awesome plan, so any act against His apparent Will is all in accordance with His Perfect Will.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? "Genesis 3:1

This verse shows that it is God Himself who created the Serpent and God made Him more subtil (crafty) than any other creature. The Serpent deceived Eve because God wanted Eve to be decieved. By deceiving Eve, God brought about the means for us to obtain Knowledge of Good and Evil. This Knowledge is absolutely necessary to distinguish mankind from the other beasts.

God is making man in His perfect Image. The process is not yet complete, but it will be at the Consummation of the the Ages. There has only been one Man who has fulfilled this purpose, and God has exalted Him above all things because of His humility and obedience, Yeshua the Messiah.

"Having made known unto us the MYSTERY of HIS WILL, according to HIS GOOD PLEASURE which he hath PURPOSED IN HIMSELF:
That in the dispensation of the FULNESS OF TIMES he might gather TOGETHER IN ONE ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in HEAVEN, and which are on EARTH; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh ALL THINGS after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL

Thanks for the question, I hope you got the answer you was looking for. God bless you friend.

So if the deity wanted Adam to eat the fruit, why did the evil so and so punish him for it?

Another great question! However the question is asked out of the ignorance of what the Scriptures reveal to us. That's okay, please allow me to try to clear up a few things.

God is our Father. He does not "punish" us for the sake of inflicting us with pain. What loving father could do such a thing? Our Father subjects us to chastisement, or "remedial punishment". He does so because we now have the knowledge of Good and Evil, and our weak hearts are accustomed to choosing Evil.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked (Hebrew anash- weak, sick)" Jeremiah 17:9

He is making us in His Image. Everyone who has ever lived will one day be the son of God. We have the "Knowledge" of Good and Evil but we lack the "Wisdom" to know how to use our Knowledge prudently. That is why God left us His Word, so that we may know what is Righteous and Good.

"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for WHEN thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS of the WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS." Isaiah 26:9

In the end of all ages, God is going to reconcile the entire world to Himself, so that He will be all in all.

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:28

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:19

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:22

I hope that clears things up for you. Thank you for continuing to discuss this with me and God bless you friend.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 9:40:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Their myth declares that he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge"he acquired a mind and became a rational being. It was the knowledge of good and evil"he became a moral being. He was sentenced to earn his bread by his labor"he became a productive being. He was sentenced to experience desire"he acquired the capacity of sexual enjoyment. The evils for which they damn him are reason, morality, creativeness and joy.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 9:58:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Without a knowledge of right and wrong there can be no knowledge of obedience and disobedience.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 11:50:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

I wouldn"t say Adam did wrong. I think he did stupid thing, when he didn"t ask all directly from God, but instead rejected God and chose the hard way to learn what evil and good really means.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:30:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 5:17:54 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:54:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience! : :

If you take the symbolic story of creation literally according to what's written in Genesis, you would have an excuse to keep disobeying the Voice of the Lord and His commandments.

Adam had no idea that the visible world wasn't real and everyone after him that was birthed into this world except our Creator's saints have been deceived by what they observe.

Hello bornofgod, it is good to meet you. Your name is very familiar to me. Have I read from you on bible-truths.com or perhaps city-data.com? I see there are several posts that your name is the last to respond. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the revealed Word of God causes mouths to shut. I'm curious to know why you believe the account of the Garden is symbolic? I do understand there are a lot of symbolic and spiritual truths contained in Genesis, but I've always understood them to be a literal account foreshadowing what was to come. Perhaps the word "day" is symbolic when concerning how long it took God to create the world, but regardless, I see no problem with taking the account literal. There appears to be equal evidence concerning that matter. Thank you for your time and God bless you. : :

I was a member in those particular forums you mentioned until I was permanently banned, like the rest of the ones God directed me to,

It's necessary to learn how God created you to understand the symbolic messages in the Bible. This thread God had me put together will help you understand who you are;

Who are we?
http://www.debate.org...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:22:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

The moral of the story is,

Adam and Eve Chose to exercise their own will, and in doing so they went against Gods will, Thinking their own path is a better path than Gods.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:27:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 1:22:02 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!


The moral of the story is,

Adam and Eve Chose to exercise their own will, and in doing so they went against Gods will, Thinking their own path is a better path than Gods.

Then, they never had a free will to exercise in the first place, because having a "free" will means there shouldn't be consequences, especially the severe consequences God dishes out.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 1:37:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 1:27:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/22/2015 1:22:02 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!


The moral of the story is,

Adam and Eve Chose to exercise their own will, and in doing so they went against Gods will, Thinking their own path is a better path than Gods.

Then, they never had a free will to exercise in the first place,

Yes they did, because they chose to do their own will, Not Gods.

because having a "free" will means there shouldn't be consequences,

No you can't create world where people have free will, and there are no consequences, it's the opposite, You can only create a world with no consequences, if you don't give the people free will.

especially the severe consequences God dishes out.

Maybe the consequences are there for us to grow stronger.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:32:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!

Adam's sin s were:

1: He joined his wife in "eating the fruit" whatever that represented.

2: He said and did nothing to correct her, and apparently his teaching of her had been insufficient for her to resist Satan's lies.

3: Rather than trusting in Jehovah to sort the situation out, he simply sided with his wife against Jehovah.

The last of the three was the worst, and is the one the vast majority commit in these days especially.

If one just gets to know Jehovah well enough to know he is 100% trustworthy, and therefore trusts in him, Jehovah can forgive anything other than intentional, and repeated sin.

I trust in him 100% and can attest to how he rewards such trust.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 2:49:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 1:37:29 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/22/2015 1:27:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/22/2015 1:22:02 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!


The moral of the story is,

Adam and Eve Chose to exercise their own will, and in doing so they went against Gods will, Thinking their own path is a better path than Gods.

Then, they never had a free will to exercise in the first place,

Yes they did, because they chose to do their own will, Not Gods.

Isn't that what free will is about, the capacity to make a choice, that the choice you make is what you reasonably and rationally think is best for yourself?

because having a "free" will means there shouldn't be consequences,

No you can't create world where people have free will, and there are no consequences, it's the opposite, You can only create a world with no consequences, if you don't give the people free will.

I was hoping you might explain why a world where people have free will with no consequences cannot be made, especially considering you just said Adam and Eve exercised their free will? Please explain your statement.

especially the severe consequences God dishes out.

Maybe the consequences are there for us to grow stronger.

How does one grow stronger if they're banished to eternal damnation?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:50:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 9:58:20 AM, bulproof wrote:
Without a knowledge of right and wrong there can be no knowledge of obedience and disobedience.

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:43:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/22/2015 1:22:02 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/22/2015 2:45:29 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the mythical Adam actually existed what did the guy do which was so wrong? I think it was quite laudable to tell the deity to stick it, and eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Any deity which wanted its 'pawns' to stay in blissful ignorance certainly wasn't worthy of obedience!


The moral of the story is,

Adam and Eve Chose to exercise their own will, and in doing so they went against Gods will, Thinking their own path is a better path than Gods. : :

Most people don't know that God's will means God's plan. No man has ever chosen to listen to the Voice of God and obey all His commandments. He planned everything before He created anything.

God chose His prophets, saints and His believers who listen to us saints. Do we saints, prophets and believers have free will in this case?

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
2: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
9: For he has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of his will, according to his purpose which he set forth in Christ

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

James 2:
5: Listen, my beloved brethren. Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to those who love him?

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 3:29:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it extremely sad that anyone could believe the Adam and Eve myth and all the other less than credible stories in the Bible to be literally true. :(
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 4:50:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 3:29:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I find it extremely sad that anyone could believe the Adam and Eve myth and all the other less than credible stories in the Bible to be literally true. :(

OK, your choice, but you'll find it even sadder that you didn't one day, since they aren't myths.

I find it even sadder that people haven't the honesty of heart to recognise the existence of God, but then that is precisely how Christ said it would be so I may be sad about it, but I'm not surprised.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 4:57:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 3:29:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I find it extremely sad that anyone could believe the Adam and Eve myth and all the other less than credible stories in the Bible to be literally true. :(

At 4/23/2015 4:50:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
OK, your choice, but you'll find it even sadder that you didn't one day, since they aren't myths.

I find it even sadder that people haven't the honesty of heart to recognise the existence of God, but then that is precisely how Christ said it would be so I may be sad about it, but I'm not surprised.
Like the latest non Polytheist god you preach about that led you to - Beg for $handouts on the Net.

Led you to forge documents pretending you now have a Legal wife

Led you to repeatedly contemplate literal Suicide!

Oh! that fallible one! LMAO@MCB!
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 5:41:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 4:50:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/23/2015 3:29:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I find it extremely sad that anyone could believe the Adam and Eve myth and all the other less than credible stories in the Bible to be literally true. :(

OK, your choice, but you'll find it even sadder that you didn't one day, since they aren't myths.

I find it even sadder that people haven't the honesty of heart to recognise the existence of God, but then that is precisely how Christ said it would be so I may be sad about it, but I'm not surprised.

There is NO evidence that any deity exists, or that the stuff related to Jesus in the Bible has any veracity!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 5:53:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/23/2015 4:57:46 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/23/2015 3:29:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I find it extremely sad that anyone could believe the Adam and Eve myth and all the other less than credible stories in the Bible to be literally true. :(

At 4/23/2015 4:50:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
OK, your choice, but you'll find it even sadder that you didn't one day, since they aren't myths.

I find it even sadder that people haven't the honesty of heart to recognise the existence of God, but then that is precisely how Christ said it would be so I may be sad about it, but I'm not surprised.
Like the latest non Polytheist god you preach about that led you to - Beg for $handouts on the Net.

Led you to forge documents pretending you now have a Legal wife

Led you to repeatedly contemplate literal Suicide!

Oh! that fallible one! LMAO@MCB!

I have never forged anything since I forged excuses to miss school, lol.

I have never claimed that my marriage was legally registered, so as always you have to stoop to lies to do what the truth cannot.

No, my was the only thing that prevented me actually doing it, lol.