Total Posts:120|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

…paranoia

Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:20:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
After rereading select parts of the bible, I got the "is-this-he-right-religion" paranoia.

Jesus directly contradicts the Old Testament idea that any prophet or messiah who bares word different to that of the convenient of Moses is a false Prophet. This makes Jesus a false prophet. I have known this for some time but this is the first time I'm actually concerned about it.

Jesus lied to us!!

What do?

And no, I am not turning atheist.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.

God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:32:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.


God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.

Oh ok. So you do still believe in God. I feel like there isn't really enough proof to confirm it either way.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:34:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.


God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.

But Jesus IS God... and, according to the Bible, God never lies. And the Bible is the word of God - both the Bible and preachers agree. How dare you distrust the LORD!
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:35:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:32:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Oh ok. So you do still believe in God. I feel like there isn't really enough proof to confirm it either way.

Great, this is what integration with the non believers does.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:36:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:32:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Oh ok. So you do still believe in God. I feel like there isn't really enough proof to confirm it either way.

Agnosticism is an epistemological stance. You still have to answer the question "do you believe in God" regardless of whether he can be proven or not.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:38:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:36:37 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:32:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Oh ok. So you do still believe in God. I feel like there isn't really enough proof to confirm it either way.

Agnosticism is an epistemological stance. You still have to answer the question "do you believe in God" regardless of whether he can be proven or not.

I do believe in God, but there's no proof to confirm it.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:38:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.


God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.

I can't believe you.

Christianity is founded upon the life and message of Jesus Christ.

Personally, I prefer the New Testament over the Old Testament. The Old Testament is filled with violence, discrimination, contradictions, etc.

Why would you consider valuing the Old Testament over Jesus and the New Testament? Jesus was a compassionate, perfect human being. He cared for everyone, and still cares. He still cares about you, even though you come on this forum and have the nerve to post such a blasphemous opinion.

NT > OT in respects to what being a Christian is about.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:39:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Jesus came to tell us that we don't need to follow all of the inappropriate and ritualistic rules of the Old Testament. He informed us that all we must do is repent for our sins, believe in Him, and treat others the way we want to be treated.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:42:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

Zets, you don't have to be Jewish to be a Jew. Most sects accept converts.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:42:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:38:49 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.


God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.

I can't believe you.

Christianity is founded upon the life and message of Jesus Christ.

Personally, I prefer the New Testament over the Old Testament. The Old Testament is filled with violence, discrimination, contradictions, etc.

Why would you consider valuing the Old Testament over Jesus and the New Testament? Jesus was a compassionate, perfect human being. He cared for everyone, and still cares. He still cares about you, even though you come on this forum and have the nerve to post such a blasphemous opinion.

NT > OT in respects to what being a Christian is about.

Religious preference in regard to God's moral Law is not valued in 'niceness'.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:43:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

I am so angry right now. You are not a Christian if you deny Jesus and believe that Jesus is not the way to heaven.

Why believe the Old Testament over the life of Jesus Christ? Jesus is what Christianity is about. Old Testament passages discriminate, create rules that are ridiculous in themselves, and serve as a background on how people before Jesus' time used to behave (those who were Jewish and the like). Jesus came to tell us that we don't need to follow most of those outdated laws - and He is right.

Jesus died on the cross for doubters like you ...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:44:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:42:43 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:38:49 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:31:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:29:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you're not atheist, you could be agnostic. I feel I could be too.


God exists, Jesus is a liar.

Not agnostic.

I can't believe you.

Christianity is founded upon the life and message of Jesus Christ.

Personally, I prefer the New Testament over the Old Testament. The Old Testament is filled with violence, discrimination, contradictions, etc.

Why would you consider valuing the Old Testament over Jesus and the New Testament? Jesus was a compassionate, perfect human being. He cared for everyone, and still cares. He still cares about you, even though you come on this forum and have the nerve to post such a blasphemous opinion.

NT > OT in respects to what being a Christian is about.

Religious preference in regard to God's moral Law is not valued in 'niceness'.

That's all you have to say? I assume you agree with everything else.

Many of God's words in the Old Testament are unjust and unfair; actions speak louder than words, and Jesus was the action.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:44:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:38:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I do believe in God, but there's no proof to confirm it.

Soo... you haven't really changed your position at all. You've been a Theist the whole time and still are, you just happen to recognize that you can't prove your belief in God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:45:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:44:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:38:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I do believe in God, but there's no proof to confirm it.

Soo... you haven't really changed your position at all. You've been a Theist the whole time and still are, you just happen to recognize that you can't prove your belief in God.

I am questioning Islam again though.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:46:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:42:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

Zets, you don't have to be Jewish to be a Jew. Most sects accept converts.

That's like Christian Gay Marriage. Jewish Liberals do not follow wholw Judaism and in the eye's of Yahweh, are not Jewish.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:47:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:46:09 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:42:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

Zets, you don't have to be Jewish to be a Jew. Most sects accept converts.

That's like Christian Gay Marriage. Jewish Liberals do not follow wholw Judaism and in the eye's of Yahweh, are not Jewish.

I know a Conservative Jew. He says as long as they're done correctly that conversions are 100% accepted.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:48:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:46:09 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:42:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

Zets, you don't have to be Jewish to be a Jew. Most sects accept converts.

That's like Christian Gay Marriage. Jewish Liberals do not follow wholw Judaism and in the eye's of Yahweh, are not Jewish.

How about you look at things in your own eyes? Believe and interpret the way you want to; life is about perceiving things for yourself. Objective morality, no matter how much you say it is real, does not exactly exist. Take into account of all the religions in existence currently.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:48:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Zet, "Jew" is not a race. It's a religion. You can easily convert. In fact, they seek converts.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:48:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:46:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Deism for you.

Most of the Founding Fathers were Deist.

Belief that a God created the universe, but is not involved with our lives on Earth.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:49:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:46:01 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Even atheists (Geo and the like) respect the nature of Jesus Christ and what He believed in.

Why hate Jesus? He has done nothing but loved us.

If God is a crazy Antithesis of Christ I will still have to follow him.

If I want everlasting happiness I'll do what he says this is how religion works.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:49:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:48:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Zet, "Jew" is not a race. It's a religion. You can easily convert. In fact, they seek converts.

I keep wondering why you value some of the bigotry presented in the Old Testament over the value of Jesus and the New Testament?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:49:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:48:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Zet, "Jew" is not a race. It's a religion. You can easily convert. In fact, they seek converts.

You know, I'm beginning to think that I could possibly be Jewish. I need to look into it more though.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:51:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:49:13 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:46:01 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Even atheists (Geo and the like) respect the nature of Jesus Christ and what He believed in.

Why hate Jesus? He has done nothing but loved us.

If God is a crazy Antithesis of Christ I will still have to follow him.

If I want everlasting happiness I'll do what he says this is how religion works.

The only way to the Father is through the Son. Belief in Jesus Christ is the pathway to heaven.

Do what He says? You mean stone adulterers, homosexuals, disobedient children, etc.? That's what you'll have to do if you follow all of the guidelines in the Old Testament. You'll have to follow hundreds of rituals that don't serve a purpose, and you'll be missing out on the teachings of Jesus Christ and what this religion is really about. You can't prove that heaven exists; you have never died.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2010 2:51:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/2/2010 2:43:11 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:40:14 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/2/2010 2:34:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
- You believe Moses and the Old Testament are true
- You believe Jesus is a false prophet because he contradicts the OT

That makes you a Jew.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion but I can't be a Jew because I'm not Jewish.

0

I have an idea though, I'll still be Christian but Jesus better have an explanation for his mess up in the afterlife.

If I fail I can say it's Jesus' fault and go to Purgatory.

I am so angry right now. You are not a Christian if you deny Jesus and believe that Jesus is not the way to heaven.
I know that but assuming Jesus read the OT, he lied, the holy Jesus, lied. Lying is a sin.

Why believe the Old Testament over the life of Jesus Christ? Jesus is what Christianity is about. Old Testament passages discriminate, create rules that are ridiculous in themselves, and serve as a background on how people before Jesus' time used to behave (those who were Jewish and the like). Jesus came to tell us that we don't need to follow most of those outdated laws - and He is right.

Jesus died on the cross for doubters like you ...

Jesus says he died on the cross for doubters like me.
'sup DDO -- july 2013