Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Historical account of Mathew

Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:26:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?

If the event really happened it was so remarkable you would have expected it to be chronicled by many others, rather than just the followers of Jesus!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 3:34:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth? : :

Names of the visible flesh of this world are not important to understanding how we were created or how we'll be experiencing life in the next age after this world is destroyed. Each person will experience the world being destroyed as their flesh perishes in this age. Over 7 billion bodies of God's created people will perish together in less than one hour when the whole earth begins to shake violently, which will start very soon.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 7:50:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 3:34:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth? : :

Names of the visible flesh of this world are not important to understanding how we were created or how we'll be experiencing life in the next age after this world is destroyed. Each person will experience the world being destroyed as their flesh perishes in this age. Over 7 billion bodies of God's created people will perish together in less than one hour when the whole earth begins to shake violently, which will start very soon.

Can you say anything other than your broken record? A joke maybe? something truly inciteful that isn't your typical preaching?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 8:58:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 7:50:45 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 3:34:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth? : :

Names of the visible flesh of this world are not important to understanding how we were created or how we'll be experiencing life in the next age after this world is destroyed. Each person will experience the world being destroyed as their flesh perishes in this age. Over 7 billion bodies of God's created people will perish together in less than one hour when the whole earth begins to shake violently, which will start very soon.

Can you say anything other than your broken record? : :

Yes, I have a lot of knowledge to share with people who listen to our Creator's voice.

A joke maybe? : :

Two guys at a bar were arguing about life. One claimed we'll live forever and the other claimed we'll die and be dead forever. To settle the matter, the bartender gave them both new wine and told them to drink of it until they learned they're both right.

Something truly inciteful that isn't your typical preaching? : :

There was a man on a long journey who was looking for paradise. Another man was on a long journey looking for a place called hell. The third man walked around his house several times and enjoyed life.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:52:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth?

Here we go again, Bennett feeding the BOG troll who only uses these discussion topics to peddle his doomsday crapola and when we complain of his spamming his death to all humanity and the earth drivel to the "moderator" he tells us BOG can do this, railroad every Debate thread to direct to his doomsday/saints spiel as if we wanted to hear this junk posted on every topic.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In Matthew 10: 1-4; Among the Apostles mentioned there, is James the son of Zebedee, who was put to death by Herod Agrippa who succeeded Herod Antipas the son of Herod the Great, and Herod Agrippa ruled from 37 to 44 AD.

The other James who was an Apostle named in Matthew 10: 1-4; is James the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, who Paul names as the brother of the Lord and the only exception of all the Apostles that he saw when he returned to Jerusalem.

And of James the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, who was the first to sit on the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision in Jerusalem, we learn from Josephus, Eusebius, and Hegesippus, that he was murdered in 62 AD, at the instigation of one of the same Sadducee sect that had his brother Jesus murdered, and that James the righteous was succeeded by Simeon the son of Cleophas/Alpheaus.

Simeon the son of Cleophas/Alpheaus, was succeeded by 13 other Bishops of the circumcision, among who, several others, like Simeon and James, appear to have been blood relatives of Jesus.

In 132 AD, with the second Jewish revolt, the line was extinguished. Epiphanius of Salamis, in his Panarion, mentions Judah Kyriakos, the great grandson of Jude=(Thomas Didymus Jude) as the last Jewish Bishop of Jerusalem that lived beyond Bar Kokhba"s revolt.

It was not uncommon for men of Galilee in those days to carry three names, Hebrew, Greek , and Aramaic. Alexander Helios, the son of Mark Anthony, who sired Joseph the biological father of Jesus, would have been seen as a father of renown. Alpheaus and Cleophas, in Young" s Analytical concordance, Universal Subject Guide, are said to be one and the same person. Cleophas, the Masculine form of Cleopatra, is the Greek, meaning: "Of a renown father," and Alpheaus, is the Aramaic of the same meaning: "Of a renown father" Joseph is the Hebrew name of the son of Alexander Helious+Heli, a man of renown, being the son of Mark Anthony and Cleopatra.

Thomas means "TWIN" in Aramiac, as does Didymus mean "TWIN" in Greek. A local tradition of eastern Syria identifies the Apostle Jude with Jude Thomas (The Twin) also known as Thomas (Aramaic) Didymus (Greek) Jude (Hebrew).

Matthew 13: 55; "Isn"t he the carpenter"s son? Isn"t Mary his mother, and aren"t James, Joseph, Simeon and Judas his brothers."

Knowing that in ART, Thomas Didymus Jude, the son of Alpheaus/Cleophas, is depicted with a, carpenters rule and square. In "The Acts of Thomas, sometime called by its full name, "The Acts of Judas Thomas," 2nd-3rd century CE, "The Apostles cast lots as to where they should go, and to Thomas, twin brother to Jesus fell India. Thomas was taken to King Goddophares the ruler of Indo-Pathian Kingdom as an architect and carpenter by Habban."

We must now ask the question, "Who is the Carpenter to whom Mary was married at that time, when her family consisted of James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Was it Joseph the son of Jacob from the tribe of Judah, who was her first husband, or was it Alpheaus/Cleophas the second husband of Mary and the Father of James the biological son of Mary and the youngest boy in the family, plus Simon and Judas, who is also called Thomas Didymus Jude, meaning twin?

Isaiah 57: 1; Good people die and no one understands or even cares. But when they die, no calamity can hurt them. Those who lead good lives find peace and rest in death.

If only those who lead good lives find peace and rest in death, then there remains a state of mental anguish and torment for those who lead wicked lives.

This is revealed in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man told by Jesus.

All must die once then go off into judgement, where those who fall asleep in righteousness after paying the blood price for their inherited sin and any mistakes they might have made, over whom the second death has no power, are separated from the unrighteous, and are gathered to the living evolving spirit of our Father in the bosom of Abraham.

The parental spirit that dwelt behind the veil of the flesh, within the inner-most sanctuary of his chosen successor Jesus, died in the process of involution, releasing the spirits of the righteous upon who he had evolved, up until the time of the birth of Jesus, from the least to the greatest, to whom Jesus was obedient, growing and evolving with each awakening until, he who was the Compilation of all those spirit became Jesus.

When on the cross, Jesus cried out, My God=Father, my God, why have you abandoned me, he then gave up his spirit, and all those of who his Father=parental spirit was their compilation, rose from their graves and three days later they went into the city and showed themselves as the risen Christ.

One would expect the risen body to appear to the family of Jesus first, and this is exactly what we see.

The first to see one of they, who were of body of the risen Christ, the 365 day old unblemished Lamb of God, (ENOCH) reborn on earth as Jesus who was offered up for our sake, were his Mother, Mary the wife of Cleophas and her "Adelphe" Mary Magdalene, who, although looking straight at him, thought that he was the gardener, until he spoke her name.

The next to who one of the risen body of Christ appeared, were Cleophas who is also called Alpheas, who is the biological father of James the youngest of Mary's three biological sons, and James was the first to sit on the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision.

It was Cleophas, the husband of Mary, who, with his son Simon, 'to another marriage,' who inherited the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision after his half brother, 'James the righteous,' was killed at the instigation of the same Sadducee sect that had murdered his full brother Jesus.

Although Cleophas and Simon walked and talked with one of the risen body of Christ for some kilometres, they did not recognise him for who he was, until Simon saw the manner in which he broke the bread, Cleophas then returned to Jerusalem, where eleven of the disciples, which included Simon Peter and Simon the Patriot, were cowering in a darkened room, the only one absent that evening when Jesus appeared in that dimly lit room in the form that they recognised as Jesus, was Thomas Jude another half brother of Jesus, who was called the Twin, although nowhere does the bible say that he was an actual twin or whether he just held a striking resemblance to someone else. But back to Cleophas, who said to the eleven, "He has risen, he appeared to Simon," who was of course Simon the brother of Jesus who succeeded "James the younger" as the head of the church founded by Jesus.

Then there were the seven disciples who were fishing on Lake Galilee having no success at all, when someone on the bank told them to throw their net on the right side of the boat in which they caught 153 fishes, sitting down to eat with the person who had a fire prepared with fish on it and some bread, not one of the seven disciples of Jesus who had walked and talked with him, dared to ask who he was, but they understood that he was of the risen body of Christ. Even when he ascended up into heaven as a cloud, some of the 11 disciples doubted that it was he.

Perhaps the reason why Thomas Didymus jude held such a striking resemblance to Jesus, was because they shared a common father.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.
olivetwo
Posts: 262
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:06:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?

Well if you believe with Matthew as a local Historian of the Jews, then this would be a HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS. Along with Paul letter and all early Christians testimony about the resurrections. With your specific inquiry, I think this is the only DOCS that we have. But Faith should be added in order to understand.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:19:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 1:06:13 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?


Well if you believe with Matthew as a local Historian of the Jews, then this would be a HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS. Along with Paul letter and all early Christians testimony about the resurrections. With your specific inquiry, I think this is the only DOCS that we have. But Faith should be added in order to understand.

Adding faith is what invalidates the documentation, simply believing it because it aligns with your faith is not real evidence. If this event really occurred we'd expect to see other, non-christian historians write about it. That Gospel of Mathew was written roughly 80 years after the event and no one knows the author. Hardly a timely or credible historian.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:27:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:52:52 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 4/24/2015 3:13:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:55:39 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation? : :

Antichrists loved remarkable stories they added to their new testament.

Do you have a list of the all the saints that had lived on earth?

Here we go again, Bennett feeding the BOG troll who only uses these discussion topics to peddle his doomsday crapola and when we complain of his spamming his death to all humanity and the earth drivel to the "moderator" he tells us BOG can do this, railroad every Debate thread to direct to his doomsday/saints spiel as if we wanted to hear this junk posted on every topic.

You're just as useless as BoG. Another deluded preacher.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 2:39:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.

And where did you get your information from youngen? Paul had written all his epistles before he died in Rome at the orders of Nero in the mid 60 CE. Luke the physician who wrote the Book of Acts and whose Gospel was written after Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter , was in Rome with Paul.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 2:49:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 2:39:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.

And where did you get your information from youngen? Paul had written all his epistles before he died in Rome at the orders of Nero in the mid 60 CE. Luke the physician who wrote the Book of Acts and whose Gospel was written after Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter , was in Rome with Paul.

So you dont contest the accuracy of Mathew? How disappointing. By the way, who wrote luke and acts? Can you point to a nameable author?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 5:55:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 2:49:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 2:39:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.

And where did you get your information from youngen? Paul had written all his epistles before he died in Rome at the orders of Nero in the mid 60 CE. Luke the physician who wrote the Book of Acts and whose Gospel was written after Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter , was in Rome with Paul.

So you dont contest the accuracy of Mathew? How disappointing. By the way, who wrote luke and acts? Can you point to a nameable author?

Luke the physician, and I can't point to him, cos I don't know where they buried him.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:13:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?

No that is not what it describes, nor is that even possible. It is not even an eye witness account.

Matthew is simply reporting what other, very frightened people thought they say.

The most likely scenario is simply that the violence of the tremor shook cadavers out of the tombs and people's terrified imaginings did the rest. However there is much debate about what actually happened.

Matthew 27:51-53American Standard Version (ASV)

51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent;
52 and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised;
53 and coming forth out of the tombs after his resurrection they entered into the holy city and appeared unto many.

Matthew says they were raised. He does not say exactly how, or whether they were raised by the quake. He certainly doesn't say they walked, and I am sure that Josephus would have remarked on it if that was what happened.

It says they entered into the holy city, but again it does not say how, so they could as easily have rolled down the road, and most certainly did.

Had it been a significant spiritual event there would have been mention of it by at least one other Apostle since the scriptural rule is that "at the mouth of two or more witnesses, all matters are proved".

Therefore anything that is recorded, even in scripture, which only has one account of it must be taken as of interest but not of great spiritual significance. It may be, as in this case, included only to give us an idea of the severity of the quake.

Taking it as more than it is, is usually the result of considering any scripture in isolation, and not in the light of the principles embedded throughout the bible.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:17:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:26:25 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?

If the event really happened it was so remarkable you would have expected it to be chronicled by many others, rather than just the followers of Jesus!

It happened, but not in the way described by the OP. As you say, there would have been more than one account in scripture, as there is for anything that is of spiritual significance.

The scriptural rule is "At the mouth of two or more witnesses all matters must be proven".

Which is why the trial of Christ before the Sanhedrin failed, since they could not get two witnesses to agree significantly.

There is much danger in considering any passage of scripture by itself, for that reason, every scripture must be considered in the light of the whole of the bible.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:34:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 2:49:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 2:39:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.

And where did you get your information from youngen? Paul had written all his epistles before he died in Rome at the orders of Nero in the mid 60 CE. Luke the physician who wrote the Book of Acts and whose Gospel was written after Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter , was in Rome with Paul.

So you dont contest the accuracy of Mathew? How disappointing. By the way, who wrote luke and acts? Can you point to a nameable author?

Luke wrote Luke, it says so in the title. It also tells us precisely who he was writing it to. IN effect it is less a book, more a very long letter.

As far acts, it probably has more than one source, though it was collated and written down by Luke, one of scriptures researchers.

I don;t contest the accuracy of any scripture.

I do however frequently contest people's wrong understandings of what it tells us and why.

For instance, scripture plainly reveals that Christ made two mistaken statements.

Why?

It would have been so easy to to include them, and many people wish it had, they try so hard to deny the obvious truth by distorting scripture one way or another.

There can only be three reasons, apart from showing the honesty of scripture.

1: It is evidence that, whilst on earth, God's son was truly human, 100%, thus demonstrating there was nothing whatever fraudulent about the Ransom he paid for our sakes.

2: It shows, as it also reveals in the case of the Apostles, that inspired men, even if they are God's son, can make mistakes if they don't follow the spirit for any reason.

3: It also proves that even God's own son wasn't told everything, so why should we be?

Of course the latter has another significance.

If Christ really were God incarnate, as some would like us to think, there would not have been a single thing he did not know. Therefore he would have been lying when he said:

Matthew 24:36 American Standard Version (ASV)

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Not only does Christ here separate himself from the father, he tells us plainly that there were things his father withheld, even from him.

One of many scriptural nails in the Trinity teaching or any variants thereof.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:43:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 5:55:51 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 2:49:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 2:39:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:25:36 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:22:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:44:41 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:22:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:14:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:00:09 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 11:30:38 PM, Gentorev wrote:


Wow this has nothing to do with the OP.

What I have written, reveals that those who rose from their graves,as recorded in Matthew 27: 52;, were the spirits of the righteous who were released when the indwelling parental spirit within the tabernacle which was the body of Jesus, ceased to be.after having duplicated himself in the man Jesus, who did not die.

And is there any historical evidence to corroberate this happening? Others saw these spirits.

Of course others saw those spirits of which the anointed one was their compilation, didn't you read my post, one of those who were of the body of the anointed one, first appeared to the women at the the tomb, then to Cleophas and Simon his son, then to the seven who were fishing in Lake Galilee, but none of those people to who one of the body of the Christ appeared recognised him as Jesus.

You must try to comprehend that which you read matey.

.... Because you seem to be ignoring the point of the OP I'll ask again: IS THERE ANY CREDIBLE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THIS EVENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE? DO ANY HISTORIANS OFF THE DAY NOTE THIS GRAND EVENT HAPPENING? IS THERE ANY LEGITIMATE NON-BIASED HISTORICAL ACCOUNT?

All you did was reiterate and explain what the event was. But I'm asking if there's any evidence that it actually happened. Such an amazing event, the dead rising en mass, would surely be recorded by local historians.

To the believer, there is no more credible evidence than the words recorded by the Gospel authors, who in the main, recorded the words of those who had walked and talked with the man Jesus. To the unbelievers it wouldn't matter even if Josephus the historian recorded the event, they would still not believe.

They were written several decades after jesus' life time. Your faith makes you believe them, nothing more. So Josephus did not record such an event? How strange. You would think he would.

You either believe the Holy Scriptures or you reject the truths that are recorded therein.

Ha.

And where did you get your information from youngen? Paul had written all his epistles before he died in Rome at the orders of Nero in the mid 60 CE. Luke the physician who wrote the Book of Acts and whose Gospel was written after Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter , was in Rome with Paul.

So you dont contest the accuracy of Mathew? How disappointing. By the way, who wrote luke and acts? Can you point to a nameable author?

Luke the physician, and I can't point to him, cos I don't know where they buried him.

Oooo sarcasm, lol
bulproof
Posts: 25,249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:32:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 6:17:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It happened, but not in the way described by the OP. As you say, there would have been more than one account in scripture, as there is for anything that is of spiritual significance.

No that's not what is being said.
If corpses were to spring forward from their graves and wander the streets of Jerusalem then it would nave been recorded in documents other than the only "gospel" that allegedly records it.

Recorded history proves, beyond doubt, that it never happened.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 8:52:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?

There is no mention of the dead rising from the graves in contemporary records or from contemporary historians in regards to this event.

Stories like this should encourage complete rejection of the god of the Bible. There is good reason to expect evidence from extra-Biblical sources, yet there are none. When evidence should be expected and there is none, then absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Sadly, there are many stories in which god is said to be involved and expected evidence is lacking - Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Exodus, etc., etc., etc.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 8:54:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 1:06:13 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 4/24/2015 2:01:26 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
Mathew 27:52 and onward describes an event that during the resurrection of Christ other humans where resurrected and walked among the people. This seems like a remarkable event, and surly would be recorded by local historians. Is there any evidence of this mass resurrection? Historical documentation?


Well if you believe with Matthew as a local Historian of the Jews, then this would be a HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS. Along with Paul letter and all early Christians testimony about the resurrections. With your specific inquiry, I think this is the only DOCS that we have. But Faith should be added in order to understand.

The Bible cannot be the claim and the evidence. That is circular.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:52:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/25/2015 7:32:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/25/2015 6:17:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It happened, but not in the way described by the OP. As you say, there would have been more than one account in scripture, as there is for anything that is of spiritual significance.

No that's not what is being said.
If corpses were to spring forward from their graves and wander the streets of Jerusalem then it would nave been recorded in documents other than the only "gospel" that allegedly records it.

Recorded history proves, beyond doubt, that it never happened.

No, recorded history simply doesn't mention it. That does not prove it never happened. All it means is that historians didn't want us to know about it.

Nothing unusual there.