Jump to topic:

If homosexuality is a sin...

GDBH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:07:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And sin is human nature, doesnt that mean homosexuality is natural?
The measure of a good politician these days seems to be his ability to bull$hit.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:13:06 PM
At 4/24/2015 1:07:53 PM, GDBH wrote:

If nothing is better than heaven, and peanut butter is better than nothing then peanut butter is better than heaven.
GDBH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:53:29 PM
At 4/24/2015 1:13:06 PM, Geogeer wrote:

If nothing is better than heaven, and peanut butter is better than nothing then peanut butter is better than heaven.

I dont get it
The measure of a good politician these days seems to be his ability to bull$hit.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:55:31 PM
At 4/24/2015 1:53:29 PM, GDBH wrote:

I dont get it

Precisely...
Fuzzed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:02:46 PM
It never says in the bible that homosexuality is a sin.

It Sodom, in fact, god gives a dozen reasons why Sodom will be destroyed, none of them are homosexuality.
When the townsfolk come to rape the two angel's hiding with Lot, its not in anyway made clear that the idea is foul because its gay sex, the point of the issue is that a persons guest is his responsibility, and guests are to be protected by the host. Its a sign of a good man.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:26:07 PM
At 4/24/2015 2:02:46 PM, Fuzzed wrote:

It Sodom, in fact, god gives a dozen reasons why Sodom will be destroyed, none of them are homosexuality.
When the townsfolk come to rape the two angel's hiding with Lot, its not in anyway made clear that the idea is foul because its gay sex, the point of the issue is that a persons guest is his responsibility, and guests are to be protected by the host. Its a sign of a good man.

I think the bible is false, but to claim that it does not oppose homosexuality is false. Read Leviticus, and realize that the bible pretty much opposes everything.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 2:40:28 PM

Sin is not human nature. It is in our nature to be able to abide God's law: Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves.."

Sin has it's own nature with which it deceives you: Hebrews 3:12-13 "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

You are yet laboring in man's butchery of Paul's words in Romans 7.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 3:19:35 PM
And sin is human nature, doesnt that mean homosexuality is natural? : :

Every visible object of this world will be destroyed by the end of this age so it makes no difference if you see homosexuality as a sin or not. Some people like to dwell on what is visible instead of knowing the invisible Creator and His invisible creation.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:45:11 PM

No. All sin goes against God's design, desire. This makes it unnatural.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:48:41 PM

That's a ridiculous comment...

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:56:15 PM
At 4/24/2015 2:40:28 PM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:

Sin is not human nature. It is in our nature to be able to abide God's law: Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves.."

Sin has it's own nature with which it deceives you: Hebrews 3:12-13 "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

And all have sinned. Even you young fellow and you are as deserving of death as any person who loves one of their own gender.

He married he, the man of his dreams
She married she, and now it would seem
That all the self-righteous, who've never known love
Call down God's wrath from the heavens above.

I think that the majority of men have indulged in oral and, or anal sex with some woman at some time in their life. So it is not the sexual acts of the homo-sexuals that they condemn, but the fact that they would dare to fall in love with a member of their own gender.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:39:13 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:56:15 PM, Gentorev wrote:

And all have sinned. Even you young fellow and you are as deserving of death as any person who loves one of their own gender.

I think that the majority of men have indulged in oral and, or anal sex with some woman at some time in their life. So it is not the sexual acts of the homo-sexuals that they condemn, but the fact that they would dare to fall in love with a member of their own gender.

That is right.

I grew up in a world that believed it was in their nature to sin, where few tried not to and many acted as if they had no belief in God.

That is impossible odds for any child to have to face and so we all have sinned.

But now with the help of God's education of us in Christ we know that is not our nature and we can break the addictions caused of having believed that lie which said it was our nature.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:42:25 AM
At 4/25/2015 1:39:13 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:

That is right.

I grew up in a world that believed it was in their nature to sin, where few tried not to and many acted as if they had no belief in God.

That is impossible odds for any child to have to face and so we all have sinned.

But now with the help of God's education of us in Christ we know that is not our nature and we can break the addictions caused of having believed that lie which said it was our nature.

It's your god who says it's your nature.
Are you calling your god a liar?
LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 1:42:59 AM
At 4/24/2015 1:53:29 PM, GDBH wrote:

I dont get it

Nothing > Heaven
Peanut butter > Nothing
then by the transitive property: Peanut Butter > Heaven > Nothing
PB > Heaven
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 2:21:37 AM

So let them have his two daughters/concubines in stead
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 2:43:49 AM

Response: If by natural you mean according to nature, then yes, homosexuality is natural. Yet making choices is natural as well. So having homosexual feelings is not a sin. The actual act of having sex with the same sex is a sin.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 2:45:40 AM
At 4/25/2015 1:42:25 AM, bulproof wrote:

That is right.

LOL

Someone has mislead you.

Show me one scripture where God says it is our nature to sin.

I bet you cannot do it.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 3:03:37 AM
What you will come up with is a scripture you do not understand for your failure to investigate it further.

And that one verse is, Ephesians 2:3 "Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

But if we compare that to other scripture we find out how that came about and we find that did not have to be our nature but was a nature we adopted through ignorance.

Would you care to see that or are you content to believe your half truths? I will show you anyway.

Here is what caused that nature to take us over: Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:.."

That is why we need to use the context to help us understand. That nature was the result of (1) walking according to the course of this world, and (2) thus being manipulated in ourselves by the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.

So we were not born having that nature, were we. To have that nature we first had to (1) walk according to the course of this world, and (2) through that walking after the world be manipulated in ourselves by the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.

I will go slowly for you and pause there. But the scriptural evidence for what I am telling you is found many places in the Bible, so I have hardly even begun.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 3:29:06 AM
This by the way is that deceitfulness of sin which Hebrews 3:13 speaks of. When we dabble with sin it deceives us. And it is in that deceived state that we manifest sin's nature as a puppet or slave of sin.

here is how sin does that to us: Matthew 13:22 ""He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."

Hebrews 3:13 "But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

deceitfulness = enticing nature. The enticing nature of sin is as the enticing nature of riches, they both can cause us to become self-centered, concerned with only our own comforts in the form of material luxuries and pleasures.

When we are hardened by falling prey to that deceitfulness we then image that deceitfulness. We are but mirrors reflecting the image of our master.

If our master's nature is sin then we reflect that nature: Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 "And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts [they themselves allowed] of their own hearts, ....."

Why did i type in "[they themselves allowed]" there in verse 24?

Because that is what Paul is saying: Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.."

When man sins, man always sins for that same reason, "they did not like to retain God in their knowledge": Deuteronomy 32:5 ""They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation."

John 8:42 ""Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me."

John 14:21a ""He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me:..."

John 14:24 ""He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:..."
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 4:38:22 AM
Beyond the reality that the Bible does not teach it, why is it important that we lay the false idea of being born with an inherited sin nature to rest in the scrapyard it belongs in?

For the reason that no person gives 100% effort to do things that deep inside them they believe are impossible.

Addicts of all kinds, whether of sexual addition, gambling, thrill seeking, or drugs, must believe that it is in themselves to conquer or they will not. Even if they manage for a moment, that erroneous belief that it is man's nature to sin sooner or later reels them back in. But most will merely feign recovery because of that belief that they like all people cannot help what they do, after all, they have been taught to believe that it is every man's nature to sin.

The attitude toward helpful criticism from others becomes, "You are no better than me!" And with that they feel that because they are really no different from everyone else they can just shrug off their mistakes and move on past them, never really taking time to learn a full lesson from those mistakes.

What is the full lesson we should learn from our mistakes? That full lesson is how to take responsibility for our mistakes so as to be able not to repeat them again. But if that belief is, "Oh, it is just natural for me to screw up", then all they take with them is a tendency to try to do the same thing differently the next time and that becomes what they consider taking responsibility to be. Learning to sin responsibly. What an oxymoron.

From there it becomes, according to they way they understand it, that it cannot be sin because it is natural. And so they do the unnatural, only ever trying to do it better and safer, now believing that it is natural.

Genesis 6:12 ""And God saw the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth." (ASV)

Luke 6:39 ""And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?"

Matthew 23:24 ""Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 4:45:55 AM
At 4/25/2015 4:38:22 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:
Beyond the reality that the Bible does not teach it, why is it important that we lay the false idea of being born with an inherited sin nature to rest in the scrapyard it belongs in?

Absolutely correct. It is the little taproot of half a dozen other errors.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 4:53:33 AM
We know the biblical God is 50/50 with homosexuality, darn it even promotes their filthy works and makes it a Law to obey! -

e.g. "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. ? (Matt. 7:12) ESV Homosexual promoting Story book
Fuzzed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 5:22:44 AM
At 4/25/2015 3:29:06 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:
This by the way is that deceitfulness of sin which Hebrews 3:13 speaks of. When we dabble with sin it deceives us. And it is in that deceived state that we manifest sin's nature as a puppet or slave of sin."

Aye, agreed.. we do become puppets to sin, but not sin itself but rather the context that we must not criticize the concept or evolve in our understanding of it, so at to better allow obedience through control of never asking or wondering.

We see now that homosexuality is mired in genetics, science.
MRI scans of tran-sexuals has proven that their brains function far more as a womans might then a mans..

Yet these things, these pearls of great wisdom allowed to us by fact and proof are delayed or outright mocked because they do not fit an aged agenda written at a time when we were the center of the universe, slave ownership was legal (and had laws within the Old Testament), and allowed those who did not agree to feel heavy discrimination and even danger of health and life.
Fuzzed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 5:25:56 AM
At 4/25/2015 2:21:37 AM, Nicoszon_the_Great wrote:

So let them have his two daughters/concubines in stead

Exactly.
If anyone wishes to read into the scenario as homosexuality being the leading sin of the issue , then they must therefor accept that the same story postulates that of homosexuality and the rape of ones own daughters, that rape is preferable to homosexuality and homosexuality - the act of sexual intercourse between two grown adult men or women - is a heavier burden and sin and therefor you must demand that homosexuality be put into law as the far worse crime.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 5:33:39 AM
At 4/25/2015 4:38:22 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:

For the reason that no person gives 100% effort to do things that deep inside them they believe are impossible.

Addicts of all kinds, whether of sexual addition, gambling, thrill seeking, or drugs, must believe that it is in themselves to conquer or they will not. Even if they manage for a moment, that erroneous belief that it is man's nature to sin sooner or later reels them back in. But most will merely feign recovery because of that belief that they like all people cannot help what they do, after all, they have been taught to believe that it is every man's nature to sin.

The attitude toward helpful criticism from others becomes, "You are no better than me!" And with that they feel that because they are really no different from everyone else they can just shrug off their mistakes and move on past them, never really taking time to learn a full lesson from those mistakes.

What is the full lesson we should learn from our mistakes? That full lesson is how to take responsibility for our mistakes so as to be able not to repeat them again. But if that belief is, "Oh, it is just natural for me to screw up", then all they take with them is a tendency to try to do the same thing differently the next time and that becomes what they consider taking responsibility to be. Learning to sin responsibly. What an oxymoron.

From there it becomes, according to they way they understand it, that it cannot be sin because it is natural. And so they do the unnatural, only ever trying to do it better and safer, now believing that it is natural.

Genesis 6:12 ""And God saw the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth." (ASV)

From the book of Jubilees.......And he (ENOCH) was taken from amongst the children of men, and we conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgement of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (God whose name was Hide Thyself) brought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden;

Enoch the great accuser spent three days in the valley of man, where he learned through suffering to accept each person for who they are, before duplicating himself in the body of his chosen successor, Jesus, who descended through time where he was reborn as Noah, and now sits in the throne of our Father Enoch, within the inner most sanctuary, behind the veil of the flesh of the post flood body of mankind, gathering to himself all the spirits of Good people who fall asleep in righteousness after paying the blood price for their inherited sin and any mistakes they may have made in life. Over they, the second death has no power.

From the "Book of Enoch the Prophet" CVI: 1-6, "Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore a son (and Lamech was the PHYSICAL Father to Noah the giant) And his body was as white as snow and as red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair on his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright. And thereupon he (Jesus) arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and conversed with the Lord of righteousness (Enoch). And his father Lamech was afraid of him, (Just as Eve was terrified when she first saw Cain the shinning one and thought to kill him) and Lamech fled and ran to his father Methuselah. And he said to him: "I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different, and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious. And it seems that he is not sprung from me, but from the angels. And I fear that in his days, a wonder may be wrought on the earth.

Reuben in his Last Testament to his children, stated that the sons of God "The Observers or watchers," Could not take on human form, but would possess the bodies of the men while they were with their wives, and from there they were able to pass on their issue, and giants were born of those unions.

Luke 6:39 ""And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?"

They certainly shall my friend, they certainly shall.

Matthew 23:24 ""Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel."

They certainly do, they are capable of believing that some supposed ever virgin gave birth to an immortal and eternal alien, and yet reject the simple truth, that Jesus was born of the flesh as are all human beings, and was born the first of the many sons of JHVH the Lesser, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the spirit of the Lord, which descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, THIS DAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN THEE."
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:53:23 AM

Doesn't follow. Define "nothing" and that will be obvious.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:59:53 AM
At 4/25/2015 2:43:49 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: If by natural you mean according to nature, then yes, homosexuality is natural. Yet making choices is natural as well. So having homosexual feelings is not a sin. The actual act of having sex with the same sex is a sin.

When did you choose to be heterosexual? Or did you?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:02:50 AM
At 4/25/2015 2:45:40 AM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:42:25 AM, bulproof wrote:

That is right.

LOL

Someone has mislead you.

Show me one scripture where God says it is our nature to sin.

I bet you cannot do it.

To paraphrase:
No man is righteous no not one.
We are god's creation (allegedly) who else made us this way.
You lose your bet.
LOL
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 8:01:56 AM
At 4/25/2015 4:28:54 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Only nasty bigots believe the totally natural homosexuality is wrong!

Do you always shame those who disagree with you?