Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Do you really know? or just think you know?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:00:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The surest test of what anyone knows, or just thinks they know is this:

Revelation 3:14.
John 1:14
Colossians 1:12;16
Proverbs 8:22_31

What do these four scriptures tell you about Christ?

I know what they tell me, thanks to Jehovah, Christ and holy spirit.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:07:08 AM
At 4/25/2015 6:00:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You can quote from the Bible until you are blue in the face, but there is no evidence that what is written there has any veracity when it comes to ideas which aren't credible.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:42:27 AM
At 4/25/2015 6:07:08 AM, JJ50 wrote:

You can quote from the Bible until you are blue in the face, but there is no evidence that what is written there has any veracity when it comes to ideas which aren't credible.

Genesis 1:1 is absolute evidence that it can only have come from God, since it gives few, but absolutely accurate details which only God could know.

True it doesn't tell us how long it all took, but it does give us the exact order of creation as established by science. Despite the efforts to twist the meaning of verse 14 to mean something it cannot possibly mean.

Only God, his son, and the angels could have known that, since only they were there to witness it.

Of course people such as the "Young Earth" supporters do scripture no favours by insisting on using the wrong meaning of the word day, but if you use the meaning Moses was inspired to use, it is no problem.

Scripture truly gives us not the slightest hint as to how long it all took to happen, it could easily have been many billions of years from start to finish, though I don't trust mankind's dating methods either. They can only achieve their dates by ignoring certain possibilities, however remote, and they are not honest enough to admit it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 6:47:36 AM
At 4/25/2015 6:42:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Genesis 1:1 is absolute evidence that it can only have come from God, since it gives few, but absolutely accurate details which only God could know.

True it doesn't tell us how long it all took, but it does give us the exact order of creation as established by science. Despite the efforts to twist the meaning of verse 14 to mean something it cannot possibly mean.

Only God, his son, and the angels could have known that, since only they were there to witness it.

Of course people such as the "Young Earth" supporters do scripture no favours by insisting on using the wrong meaning of the word day, but if you use the meaning Moses was inspired to use, it is no problem.

Scripture truly gives us not the slightest hint as to how long it all took to happen, it could easily have been many billions of years from start to finish, though I don't trust mankind's dating methods either. They can only achieve their dates by ignoring certain possibilities, however remote, and they are not honest enough to admit it.

You are a child who's development was stunted my an overbearing father and an over indulgent mother. Your knowledge of science and the world is non existent, you live in a world of fantasy where you never die, I pity you.
Moses never existed.
Science proves that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:06:41 AM
At 4/25/2015 6:47:36 AM, bulproof wrote:

You are a child who's development was stunted my an overbearing father and an over indulgent mother. Your knowledge of science and the world is non existent, you live in a world of fantasy where you never die, I pity you.
Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

But then you have to think that don't you? Or you would have to admit that truth that, in reality it is the other way round.

Certainly Psychiatrists, and psychologists don't agree with your amateur, and very low standard psychological analysis, lol.

I think I'll take their combined opinions over yours any day, thanks all the same.

The trouble is that your determination to try and pull me down proves that you know the truth of what I say, lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:16:40 AM
At 4/25/2015 7:06:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

But then you have to think that don't you? Or you would have to admit that truth that, in reality it is the other way round.

Certainly Psychiatrists, and psychologists don't agree with your amateur, and very low standard psychological analysis, lol.

I think I'll take their combined opinions over yours any day, thanks all the same.

The trouble is that your determination to try and pull me down proves that you know the truth of what I say, lol.

I'm not trying to pull you down, whatever you mean by that, I'm merely passing comment on the posts you make on this forum.
They are the beliefs of a child who has never progressed beyond childhood.
For instance your incessant mantra of "you'll be sorry", is the childish retort of a put upon child with no other defense.
It is even more meaningless to adults than to your playground aggressors.
Daddy told you to grow some balls and mummy cuddled you and told you it would all be OK.
Your god has nothing to generate the fear you wish to instil because "your" god has no hell, only oblivion.
Your god has nothing with which to threaten me, hence your screech of "you'll be sorry" is as empty as a chocolate tea pot.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:44:57 AM
At 4/25/2015 7:16:40 AM, bulproof wrote:

Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

I'm not trying to pull you down, whatever you mean by that, I'm merely passing comment on the posts you make on this forum.
For instance your incessant mantra of "you'll be sorry", is the childish retort of a put upon child with no other defense.
Daddy told you to grow some balls and mummy cuddled you and told you it would all be OK.
Your god has nothing to generate the fear you wish to instil because "your" god has no hell, only oblivion.
Your god has nothing with which to threaten me, hence your screech of "you'll be sorry" is as empty as a chocolate tea pot.

Lol, go on, keep fooling yourself, because that is all you are doing.

Your assessment could not be much more wrong.

My mantra of "you'll be sorry", as you put it, is nothing more than a statement of fact, because you will. Even if you finally get with the program, you will be sorry you hadn't listen end earlier. I know I was.

Actually my father never told me anything remotely like that. For a start he never resorted to gutter language, but still we had a constant battle of wills, which usually ended up with a stalemate, lol.

I had as little fear of him as I did respect for him, in other words, none at all..

My mother wasn't the cuddling kind. Not that she didn't care, she just had little idea how to show it, besides which she had her hands full refereeing our constant battle of wills.

Just as one example, my father once told me if I wasn't home by 11pm I would be locked out.

Sure enough I was, so I just stood on the doorstep and rang the bell literally until it broke, at which he got up and let me in.

Basically you know nothing about me other than what you invent for yourself as an excuse not to listen and to bring me down to below your level, which you can never do, I don't have a ladder that reaches down that low, and there is a high fence around the hole you have dug for yourself that only opens from the inside.

No fella, you are the one with the childish, gutter level responses, lol.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:46:21 AM

The Bible was written by HUMANS, there is NO evidence any deity influenced it!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:58:14 AM
At 4/25/2015 7:46:21 AM, JJ50 wrote:

The Bible was written by HUMANS, there is NO evidence any deity influenced it!

There is a lot of evidence if you would only realise it.

Genesis 1:1 is evidence.

The accuracy of prophecy, even down to this time period, is evidence.

Its, occasionally painful, honesty, is evidence.

If you don't want to accept the evidence that is your choice. but it is there. It cannot possibly be the work of men alone, it is too harmonious from genesis 1 to Revelation 22, despite having been written over a period of well over 1,000 years, and by about 40 different authors. It still tells one story from beginning to end.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 8:05:47 AM
That isn't evidence, you just make it up as you go along, to suit your weird belief system!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 8:42:49 AM
At 4/25/2015 7:44:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

My mantra of "you'll be sorry", as you put it, is nothing more than a statement of fact, because you will. Even if you finally get with the program, you will be sorry you hadn't listen end earlier. I know I was.

Actually my father never told me anything remotely like that. For a start he never resorted to gutter language, but still we had a constant battle of wills, which usually ended up with a stalemate, lol.

I had as little fear of him as I did respect for him, in other words, none at all..

My mother wasn't the cuddling kind. Not that she didn't care, she just had little idea how to show it, besides which she had her hands full refereeing our constant battle of wills.

Just as one example, my father once told me if I wasn't home by 11pm I would be locked out.

Sure enough I was, so I just stood on the doorstep and rang the bell literally until it broke, at which he got up and let me in.

Basically you know nothing about me other than what you invent for yourself as an excuse not to listen and to bring me down to below your level, which you can never do, I don't have a ladder that reaches down that low, and there is a high fence around the hole you have dug for yourself that only opens from the inside.

So tell me child, why will I be sorry?
This should be fun.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:20:05 AM
At 4/25/2015 8:05:47 AM, JJ50 wrote:
That isn't evidence, you just make it up as you go along, to suit your weird belief system!

Nope, it is all there ion black and white and has been for over two thousand years. I have no need to make anything up.

I believe what I believe because it has proven true. Only truth brings freedom from lies.

Only truth has any benefit to it at all in the long term.

But of course you don;t dare believe that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:23:10 AM
At 4/25/2015 9:20:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I believe what I believe because it has proven true.
So you have seen people survive death?
Good for you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:23:18 AM
At 4/25/2015 8:42:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

This should be fun.

Because you will learn what you have missed out on, simple as that.

You have missed out on the inner peace and joy that is available now.

You will miss out, unless you wake up, on all the benefits that eternal life will bring that will like this life seem like a very poor imitation, which of course it is.

I don't know about you, but I have never settled for second best, when best is available to me.

Currently, second best is precisely what you are content with.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:35:30 AM
At 4/25/2015 9:23:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/25/2015 8:42:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

Moses never existed.
Science proves that.

This should be fun.

Because you will learn what you have missed out on, simple as that.
When will I learn that? When I'm in oblivion? You idiot, I won't exist to learn anything is your mantra. Not the sharpest bone on the cave floor are you?
You have missed out on the inner peace and joy that is available now.
I have all the inner peace and more joy than I can handle, because my children and grandchildren love me, unlike you. My joy is insurmountable, you can only wish for it.
You will miss out, unless you wake up, on all the benefits that eternal life will bring that will like this life seem like a very poor imitation, which of course it is.
This is what I keep asking you.
Miss out on what?
Living eternity worshiping an entity who destroyed hundreds of billions of humans for his own pleasure? You really are insane if you think an intelligent person would do that.
I don't know about you, but I have never settled for second best, when best is available to me.
You been a serial adulterer, so yes you have always settled for second best.
Currently, second best is precisely what you are content with.
I don't NEED gofundme to find love.
I have more than I can handle.
The blankets are calling, the boogieman is about.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:40:30 AM
All MCB is doing by posting his diatribe is making most of us thankful we don't see it his way!