Jump to topic:

The nature of God

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 9:20:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? Always benevolent for instance. Or is god ever changing without a fixed nature, ultimate potential?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 11:05:25 PM
At 4/25/2015 9:20:20 PM, drpiek wrote:
Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? Always benevolent for instance. Or is god ever changing without a fixed nature, ultimate potential? : :

Us saints are only taught who we are in this program called Eternal Life. Our Creator has not revealed to us who He is outside this program. He just calls Himself the Creator, King, Savior, Truth, Almighty God, and Lord of us all through His prophets and us saints.

But He has taught me that we're living in a virtual reality that isn't real at all. It's only a program designed by Him and His computing language is nothing but invisible vibrations ( waves ) that His scientists have finally discovered, but only as planned by Him.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 11:53:51 PM
Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? Always benevolent for instance. Or is god ever changing without a fixed nature, ultimate potential?

If God is perfect, how can he change? A change wouldn't be a change without it making him different in some way. You can't become more perfect (otherwise you weren't perfect to begin with) and any other change could only make him less than perfect. Therefore God cannot change.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:03:31 AM

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

As far as god's nature, no I do not think it changes. God is eternal. His nature is righteous, loving, and about restoration. Those attributes do not change.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 3:01:01 AM

According to the Bible God is love

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

And think that doesn"t change. Especially if this is about God the Father:

For I, Yahweh, don't change; therefore you, sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
Mal. 3:6
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 3:39:55 AM
At 4/26/2015 3:01:01 AM, 12_13 wrote:

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.

Mal. 3:6 : :

The love of God is a symbolic word that means something totally different than a human emotion.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 4:14:02 AM

That depends on how people define and perceive God in their own minds.

You could ask the very same question about Mother Nature.
Are you asking about an invisible supernatural mythical person or about the principles of nature and the universe?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:03:22 AM

Yes, and it is the way dictated by his 4 major attributes:

Love.
Wisdom.
Justice.
Mercy.

Everything Jehovah does is dictated by those 4 attributes and he expects us to do all we can to be the same.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 10:33:05 AM
At 4/26/2015 7:03:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Love.
Wisdom.
Justice.
Mercy.

Everything Jehovah does is dictated by those 4 attributes and he expects us to do all we can to be the same.

What a lie! There is NOTHING in the Bible which suggests the deity has any of those attributes, just the opposite!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 11:11:42 AM
At 4/26/2015 10:33:05 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Love.
Wisdom.
Justice.
Mercy.

What a lie! There is NOTHING in the Bible which suggests the deity has any of those attributes, just the opposite!

Only because you haven't read it properly.

Like most people, you can't have, or you would know how dumb that statement is in reality.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 11:48:13 AM

God behaves no differently than a gangster or dictator. If you don't do what He says, you will be witness to His wrath, which can be shown with ample examples from the Bible of just how cruel and petty an entity with such power can be. He's quite nasty.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 12:50:20 PM
At 4/26/2015 11:11:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Love.
Wisdom.
Justice.
Mercy.

Like most people, you can't have, or you would know how dumb that statement is in reality.

It is you who reads the Bible with rose coloured spectacles if you think the deity depicted there is good!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:22:37 PM
At 4/26/2015 3:39:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:

The love of God is a symbolic word that means something totally different than a human emotion.

How is the love of a God symbolic? Love is an emotion just like sadness is also an emotion.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:32:57 PM
At 4/25/2015 11:05:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? Always benevolent for instance. Or is god ever changing without a fixed nature, ultimate potential? : :

Us saints are only taught who we are in this program called Eternal Life. Our Creator has not revealed to us who He is outside this program. He just calls Himself the Creator, King, Savior, Truth, Almighty God, and Lord of us all through His prophets and us saints.

How do you love someone who you don't know anything about. If God did not reveal to you who He is. Then what you love is a myth.

How can His program be Eternal Life when you are waiting for the flesh of Brad to be killed. Eternal life means living forever. That people die daily proves this Eternal Life program does not exist.

But He has taught me that we're living in a virtual reality that isn't real at all. It's only a program designed by Him and His computing language is nothing but invisible vibrations ( waves ) that His scientists have finally discovered, but only as planned by Him.
Virtual reality isn't real but if they are invisible vibrations then what scientists have discovered can be measured and therefore is real.

You need to sort out the confusing in your head and come up with a few coherent statements that are logical or you will continue to be seen as a delusional mentally ill homeless lost soul a victim of alcohol addiction.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 2:04:18 PM
At 4/26/2015 12:50:20 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/26/2015 11:11:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Love.
Wisdom.
Justice.
Mercy.

It is you who reads the Bible with rose coloured spectacles if you think the deity depicted there is good!

Not at all. I simply look behind what was done to find out the reasons why.

You see what was done and make your own assumptions about it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 6:16:17 PM
At 4/26/2015 1:22:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:

How is the love of a God symbolic? Love is an emotion just like sadness is also an emotion. : :

The love of God is His invisible creation where His program called Eternal Life exists. We are all experiencing the love of God forever and ever.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 6:20:25 PM
At 4/26/2015 1:32:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:

How do you love someone who you don't know anything about. If God did not reveal to you who He is. Then what you love is a myth.

His Voice ( my created existence ) and our Creator are ONE. I've known Him since these words were spoken into my mind, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". Then, 29 1/2 years later, one year after He had me start testifying to His knowledge, I learned who I was as the Word ( His Voice ). Whatever I say is what our Creator is speaking to you.

How can His program be Eternal Life when you are waiting for the flesh of Brad to be killed. Eternal life means living forever. That people die daily proves this Eternal Life program does not exist.

Virtual reality isn't real but if they are invisible vibrations then what scientists have discovered can be measured and therefore is real.

You need to sort out the confusing in your head and come up with a few coherent statements that are logical or you will continue to be seen as a delusional mentally ill homeless lost soul a victim of alcohol addiction.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 6:26:04 PM

How is the love of a God symbolic? Love is an emotion just like sadness is also an emotion.

lust is an emotion like sadness. It is fleeting, temporary and knee jerk reaction to situation.

I think this is a very different kind of love I have for my children or my wife. I can be happy, sad, mad, ect.. temporarily with anyone of them. But I love them, is non changing and constant with them.

By love I mean the attitude that their well-being means a lot to me. Even if I have to suffer a bit for them to achieve so.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:29:16 PM
At 4/26/2015 6:16:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

How is the love of a God symbolic? Love is an emotion just like sadness is also an emotion. : :

The love of God is His invisible creation where His program called Eternal Life exists. We are all experiencing the love of God forever and ever.
You are confusing our love of God with God's love of us. Just like you kept confusing the thoughts of God which means us thinking of a God to God's thought which is what God is thinking. We know you have the English skills in writing and speaking at about the fourth grade level. But you have no excuse when you claim you are speaking for Him unless you have been lying to us all along.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:37:44 PM
At 4/26/2015 7:29:16 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/26/2015 6:16:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You are confusing our love of God with God's love of us. : :

God is so in love with your flesh and the rest of the flesh on this planet that he planned to kill them all during this age. Do you like that kind of love?

Just like you kept confusing the thoughts of God which means us thinking of a God to God's thought which is what God is thinking. We know you have the English skills in writing and speaking at about the fourth grade level. But you have no excuse when you claim you are speaking for Him unless you have been lying to us all along.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:47:35 PM
At 4/26/2015 6:20:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:

His Voice ( my created existence ) and our Creator are ONE. I've known Him since these words were spoken into my mind, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". Then, 29 1/2 years later, one year after He had me start testifying to His knowledge, I learned who I was as the Word ( His Voice ). Whatever I say is what our Creator is speaking to you.

You don't even know how to count. The Creator and His voice are one and the same. His words are spoken into your mind so you are separate from Him. So that makes two. He has you testifying to His knowledge. Again there is separation between Him and you. That makes two. Learn to count.

Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:58:59 PM

How does one describe a spirit? It is not a material thing, so any material words used to describe it must be merely figurative.

Figurative of what? Figurative of the only things we can learn to know about him, all of which have only to do with the nature of who he is.

Does god have a nature? We only know him by his nature as we have no other way to know him.

Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? If he didn't have the same base of moral character he would not be the same god from one minute to the next.

That does not prevent him from being able to love in one moment. That does not prevent him from being able to hate in another moment.

He has given us the chance in love to love him in return but when we refuse he can hate us.

Psalms 34:21 "Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

Psalms 11:5 "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Proverbs 6:16 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 "A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 "An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 8:21:25 PM
At 4/26/2015 7:58:59 PM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:

How does one describe a spirit? It is not a material thing, so any material words used to describe it must be merely figurative.

Figurative of what? Figurative of the only things we can learn to know about him, all of which have only to do with the nature of who he is.

Does god have a nature? We only know him by his nature as we have no other way to know him.

Does god have a nature, a way, that is unchanging? If he didn't have the same base of moral character he would not be the same god from one minute to the next.

That does not prevent him from being able to love in one moment. That does not prevent him from being able to hate in another moment.

He has given us the chance in love to love him in return but when we refuse he can hate us.

Psalms 34:21 "Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

Psalms 11:5 "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Proverbs 6:16 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 "A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 "An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Jesus was guilty of both.

Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Jesys was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy according to the commandment God gave to Moses not to suffer false prophets.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 8:37:36 PM
At 4/26/2015 7:47:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You don't even know how to count. The Creator and His voice are one and the same. His words are spoken into your mind so you are separate from Him. So that makes two. He has you testifying to His knowledge. Again there is separation between Him and you. That makes two. Learn to count.

There's no equipment or mathematics that can prove our Creator created a computing language that are nothing but invisible waves.

You need to sort out the confusing in your head and come up with a few coherent statements that are logical or you will continue to be seen as a delusional mentally ill homeless lost soul a victim of alcohol addiction. : :

Only God's chosen believers will hear His Voice and learn how they were created and formed into illusions. You antichrists were made not to believe the knowledge we saints possess and speak from.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 8:44:28 PM
At 4/26/2015 8:37:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/26/2015 7:47:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:

There's no equipment or mathematics that can prove our Creator created a computing language that are nothing but invisible waves.

You are finally catching up with reality. All that science fiction stuff you have been talking about are just illusions and not real.

You need to sort out the confusing in your head and come up with a few coherent statements that are logical or you will continue to be seen as a delusional mentally ill homeless lost soul a victim of alcohol addiction. : :

Only God's chosen believers will hear His Voice and learn how they were created and formed into illusions. You antichrists were made not to believe the knowledge we saints possess and speak from.

You don't possess any knowledge.

You are by your own admission:"The flesh called bornofgod in this forum is the liar that God has to keep under control by humbling him. bornofgod is Brad Holkesvig in the flesh that God is using to reveal Himself and His knowledge. Brad Holkesvig is the flesh that is going to be killed according to God's plan. Brad Holkesvig is nothing but an illusion and a liar. I could care less about Brad Holkesvig and his life here in this world which will be destroyed by Me, very soon. "
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 10:39:16 PM
At 4/26/2015 8:21:25 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Jesus was guilty of both.

Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy according to the commandment God gave to Moses not to suffer false prophets.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

There was no real brotherhood for Jesus to interfere with. The pious religious leaders of Judaism had destroyed that brotherhood themselves long before Jesus was even born. What they had left was slavery.

Matthew 23:4 "For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers."

Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy according to their corrupted interpretations of what he did. And soon they were made to answer for what they did.

It is quite obvious that God left them into the hands of the Roman armies to suffer for what they did. Their great city was destroyed to ruins including it's temple. And while waiting for that punishment from God to finish it's course history records that they became so desperate for food that they even ate their own children.