Jump to topic:

Question about hell and Satan

Oneofmany
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:55:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi new to the forum. I am an atheist and I have spent some time thinking about the concepts of Christianity . So I post the questions to this forum. Question 1 Why do most Christians believe Satan is a One dimensionally evil being ? He was an angel created by god and I assume he had both the capacity for both good and evil, remember he was not the only angel cast out. Secondly why do they think Hell is a place of torture and fire ? Satan was desires to replace god and rule heaven, I assume he thinks heavens a desires kingdom.One does not cereate a kingdom the exact opposite of something you covet,you emulate it.Also along this line If you want souls it's easier to convince them to join your side if your afterlife is not eternal flame? And lastly why do they think that Atheist will burn in hell? Satan isn't exactly a follower of divine decree and being an outcast himself is likely to be sympathetic to Atheist.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 3:00:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 1:55:07 AM, Oneofmany wrote:
....Secondly why do they think Hell is a place of torture and fire ? Satan was desires to replace god and rule heaven, I assume he thinks heavens a desires kingdom.One does not cereate a kingdom the exact opposite of something you covet,you emulate it.Also along this line If you want souls it's easier to convince them to join your side if your afterlife is not eternal flame? And lastly why do they think that Atheist will burn in hell? Satan isn't exactly a follower of divine decree and being an outcast himself is likely to be sympathetic to Atheist.

Bible tells that hell is place where soul and body are destroyed:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"
Matt. 10:28-31

And it I place of fire:

The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also..
Revelation 20:10

It is a punishment for:

As therefore the darnel is gathered up and burned with fire; so will it be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth.
Mat. 13:40-42

So it is not Satan"s kingdom, where he could rule. It is the punishment for him.

And the fire doesn"t seem to be like natural fire, because:

And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
James 3:6

Satan is outcast, because he does evil things, lies for example. Why would anyone be sympathetic for liar who wants you to be destroyed?