Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Inspiration, or Revelation?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well do you know the difference?

One thing that has become very clear to me during my time on here is that few, if any, do.

Revelation is when something comes directly from either God or one of his Angelic servants into the mind of the one receiving it, and must be written down verbatim.

Such event are inevitably preceded by phrases like "This is what Jehovah says" or some such, making clear that it is a direct revelation.

However the majority of scripture is, as Paul said, "Inspired of God".

I've never had a direct revelation, and I am not sure how I would react if I did. I know that young Samuel was very confused when he got his first one, and kept thinking it was Eli calling him.

However inspiration I do get, and usually when I am posting on here, though occasionally I don't use it properly, being human. Inspiration doesn't stop you making mistakes unfortunately.

Inspiration can put an idea in your head, it can lead you to recognising the truth or otherwise of something, or it can simply inspire you to look in a particular place. It does not link you directly to God's thoughts.

However the most important thing about inspiration is no-one who does get it, gets it for their own benefit, it is purely to benefit Jehovah and other humans.

All of those that God's son, the Christ, accepts as his servants get a certain level of inspiration, even some who Jehovah wants to become his servants may get some inspiration to help them see where to look, and it is most definitely how Jehovah opens up people's eyes to the truth if he can see something in their hearts he can use, if their hearts are not, as Jesus put it, herdened, or "waxed gross" as some translations word it.

Matthew 13:10-15
ASV(i) 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive: 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:01:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true.

The closed mind will be one in which it has found a single book that it considers 100% truth and under no circumstances allows any other information to enter it unless it agrees with the book.

That would be you, MCB.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:06:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Well do you know the difference?

One thing that has become very clear to me during my time on here is that few, if any, do.

Revelation is when something comes directly from either God or one of his Angelic servants into the mind of the one receiving it, and must be written down verbatim.

Such event are inevitably preceded by phrases like "This is what Jehovah says" or some such, making clear that it is a direct revelation.

However the majority of scripture is, as Paul said, "Inspired of God".

I've never had a direct revelation, and I am not sure how I would react if I did. I know that young Samuel was very confused when he got his first one, and kept thinking it was Eli calling him.

However inspiration I do get, and usually when I am posting on here, though occasionally I don't use it properly, being human. Inspiration doesn't stop you making mistakes unfortunately.

Inspiration can put an idea in your head, it can lead you to recognising the truth or otherwise of something, or it can simply inspire you to look in a particular place. It does not link you directly to God's thoughts.

However the most important thing about inspiration is no-one who does get it, gets it for their own benefit, it is purely to benefit Jehovah and other humans.

All of those that God's son, the Christ, accepts as his servants get a certain level of inspiration, even some who Jehovah wants to become his servants may get some inspiration to help them see where to look, and it is most definitely how Jehovah opens up people's eyes to the truth if he can see something in their hearts he can use, if their hearts are not, as Jesus put it, herdened, or "waxed gross" as some translations word it.

Matthew 13:10-15
ASV(i) 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive: 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

But that is not true. Jesus ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the messiah. So how were the people to know what Jesus was? Who was going to tell them?

Mark 8:
27 Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?"

28 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets."

29 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

Peter answered, "You are the Messiah."

30 Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 1:44:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Well do you know the difference?

One thing that has become very clear to me during my time on here is that few, if any, do.

Revelation is when something comes directly from either God or one of his Angelic servants into the mind of the one receiving it, and must be written down verbatim.

Such event are inevitably preceded by phrases like "This is what Jehovah says" or some such, making clear that it is a direct revelation.

However the majority of scripture is, as Paul said, "Inspired of God".

I've never had a direct revelation, and I am not sure how I would react if I did. I know that young Samuel was very confused when he got his first one, and kept thinking it was Eli calling him.

However inspiration I do get, and usually when I am posting on here, though occasionally I don't use it properly, being human. Inspiration doesn't stop you making mistakes unfortunately.

Inspiration can put an idea in your head, it can lead you to recognising the truth or otherwise of something, or it can simply inspire you to look in a particular place. It does not link you directly to God's thoughts.

However the most important thing about inspiration is no-one who does get it, gets it for their own benefit, it is purely to benefit Jehovah and other humans.

All of those that God's son, the Christ, accepts as his servants get a certain level of inspiration, even some who Jehovah wants to become his servants may get some inspiration to help them see where to look, and it is most definitely how Jehovah opens up people's eyes to the truth if he can see something in their hearts he can use, if their hearts are not, as Jesus put it, herdened, or "waxed gross" as some translations word it.

Matthew 13:10-15
ASV(i) 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive: 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true.

God's written word itself inspires. That is what Jesus meant when he said, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

As those words are of God's wisdom rather than man's, it can be said that God inspires.

1 John 2:14 "I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

Matthew 13:14 ""And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. ................
19 "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. .............
23 "But he that received seed into the good ground [of his heart] is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

James 1:25 "... whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

anointing = "an unguent or smearing" as in, having God's word etched or smeared into a man's heart because of the spirit of inspiration which is upon it, to which the man's mind and heart have been alerted to become attentive.

In Strong's definition, an "unguent" = "a healing salve"

Men need to set aside their puffed up idea that God is showing them preferential treatment. That inspiration mainly comes by feeding upon his word which is spirit strong.

God can, did, and probably yet does direct certain ministries by his spirit on the word of angels. But that is not the seed which gets sown in the soil of a meek man's heart. That seed is the seed spoken of at Matthew 13 and is the compelling righteousness of his right words.

James 1:25 "... whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

That word does born us of God. We were born first of the words of man, meaning who we are is by the mold of man's wisdom, but we must shake that off and be born instead of God's wisdom as to who we are, else we cannot be God's legitimate children.

1 Corinthians 15:48 "As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 "And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Colossians 3:9 "Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 "And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 "Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 3:16:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is the power of words to anoint us as with a healing salve:

Proverbs 1:23 ""Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

God's words are his spirit (per Jesus' words at John 6:63) being poured out upon us."

That as I said before does not mean God cannot or does not use his spirit in other ways, but when it comes to our being born as God's children it is his words which transform us to his image, even as the fallen man's word transformed us aside from that image unto the image of corruptible man (Romans 1:23).

We see at Proverbs 4:3-9; 21-27 that God's words are as that anointing, that unguent Strong's speaks of.

"Proverbs 15:26 "The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.
Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

God's words are as that anointing, that unguent.

It was brought up in one of these many threads that scriptures like 1 Corinthians 15:48-49 are being wrongly interpreted as by fleshly material minds.

"As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly."

The fleshly material mind sees that as saying that we are to become literal spirit bodied creatures. And the fleshly material mind has a difficult time seeing what is said there any other way. In fact, that fleshly material thinking tendency is so bad that some have even concluded that Adam was first created a spirit being and converted to flesh after he sinned. It is difficult for the fleshly material mind to grasp that Adam could be created in the flesh and yet be the image of God by the spirit of God's words which molded his character.

A person is not just a body. In fact we often speak of how bodies existing comatose with not active mind are but empty shells and no longer a person at all.

So what makes the person? The person is the shaped character which rules that body. That person decides how all that body feels and experiences is to be interpreted. By that person we learn of the personality which accompanies the body. And by that personality (or character) we are then able to say that we have met the person, knowing something about that person.

The problem with interpreting 1 Corinthians 15:48-49 as being about body type is that if that were true then Adam never was God's image. And if Adam never was that image of God then he could not have fallen from that image and therefore what Adam did could not have been called sin.

So we cannot have it both ways. Either Adam was created in God's image and the stepping aside from that image unto a corruptible image constitutes sin, or the scriptures lied and Adam never was that image and therefore never committed any sin.

When you decide how you will interpret 1 Corinthians 15:48-49 you must bear that in mind. And if you decide that the Bible did not lie and Adam was first created in God's image, then you must see that 1 Corinthians 15:48-49 does not mean our literal body type but means the image of our person or personality.

As we have born the image of the earthly shaped person or personality shaped of the earthly man's wisdom, so also we shall bear the image of the heavenly person or personality, shaped of the heavenly man's wisdom.

You must see that the glory of the body, (which is the personality which makes the person who he is), is what is being talked about: 1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

"As is the earthy [in terms of the glory the earthly person bears], such are they also that are earthy [of person]: and as is the heavenly [in terms of the glory the heavenly person bears], such are they also that are heavenly [of person]. And as we have borne the image of the earthy [in terms of the glory the earthly person bears], we shall also bear the image of the heavenly [in terms of the glory the heavenly person bears]."

The fact is, this array is being compared not to just living animate things in heaven but even to the inanimate stars and planets, all which bear the mark of God's glory as a distinguishing factor. So we cannot be consistent to that context when we make 1 Corinthians 15:48-49 only bout literal body types.

It is not speaking about their type but about the glory that they bear of God and that we must also bear of God.

This won't be a quick process to get this error corrected but as one commenter said, If we don't begin addressing it then it won't begin being corrected.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 1:44:13 PM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Well do you know the difference?


God's written word itself inspires. That is what Jesus meant when he said, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

No, the written word of itself doesn't, otherwise all believers would get the same message from it, but they don't. That is not what Jesus meant at all, as you would understand if you weren't denying your need for God's spirit.

As Paul said we need God's spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16
ASV(i) 11 For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him? even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God. 12 But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things that were freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in words which mans wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words. 14 Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

If you rely on your reading of the words alone then you are breaking a cardinal rule of scripture:

Proverbs 3:5
ASV(i) 5 Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:

You also need Jehovah's wisdom, as James rightly tells us:

James 1:5-8
ASV(i) 5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord; 8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.


As those words are of God's wisdom rather than man's, it can be said that God inspires.

1 John 2:14 "I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

Matthew 13:14 ""And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. ................
19 "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. .............
23 "But he that received seed into the good ground [of his heart] is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

James 1:25 "... whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

anointing = "an unguent or smearing" as in, having God's word etched or smeared into a man's heart because of the spirit of inspiration which is upon it, to which the man's mind and heart have been alerted to become attentive.

In Strong's definition, an "unguent" = "a healing salve"

Men need to set aside their puffed up idea that God is showing them preferential treatment. That inspiration mainly comes by feeding upon his word which is spirit strong.

God can, did, and probably yet does direct certain ministries by his spirit on the word of angels. But that is not the seed which gets sown in the soil of a meek man's heart. That seed is the seed spoken of at Matthew 13 and is the compelling righteousness of his right words.

James 1:25 "... whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

That word does born us of God. We were born first of the words of man, meaning who we are is by the mold of man's wisdom, but we must shake that off and be born instead of God's wisdom as to who we are, else we cannot be God's legitimate children.

1 Corinthians 15:48 "As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 "And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Colossians 3:9 "Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 "And have put on the ne (lost to teh Charater limit).

No. you are relying too much on man's words and not enough on God, and you are completely missing the true understanding of scripture.

For instance in all of those scriptures Jesus was speaking to ones who had already accepted God's spirit, where you have not.

It too have accepted Jehovah's spirit, through his son who became the Christ, and that spirit does precisely what Paul said it would and guides me to the deep things, the hidden things of God to which you are not privy.

He does that so that I can help such as you to find that spirit.

4 scriptures. Tell me what you understand from them.

Revelation 3:14.

John 1:14

Colossians 1:16

1 Corinthians 11:3

If they don't tell you that the accepted version of John 1:1 is wrong then you have a problem, because they contradict it, as do many other scriptures.

And they do all need to be taken and considered together.

Oh, and I don;t care what strong says, I care only what scripture says, and I don't need strong to tell me. I just need enough different translations to compare.

I wonder what you will make of them.
Rosco_P_Coletrain
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2015 7:25:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No. you are relying too much on man's words and not enough on God, and you are completely missing the true understanding of scripture.

If that were true it is certainly something I would want to know.

At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For instance in all of those scriptures Jesus was speaking to ones who had already accepted God's spirit, where you have not.

You are wise beyond my being able to contend with.

At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It too have accepted Jehovah's spirit, through his son who became the Christ, and that spirit does precisely what Paul said it would and guides me to the deep things, the hidden things of God to which you are not privy.

How fortunate for you.

From there all you did was change to another subject.

I did not address whether Jesus is God or is not God. But that is what you have turned to discussing by the scriptures you gave.

Why? Is the subject at hand too much to address?

You chose the OP 'Inspiration, or Revelation.'

I am telling you that until you know what it means to be inspired you cannot explain it. And so I am speaking about what being born again really means.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 7:21:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 7:25:09 PM, Rosco_P_Coletrain wrote:
At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No. you are relying too much on man's words and not enough on God, and you are completely missing the true understanding of scripture.

If that were true it is certainly something I would want to know.

It is true, most definitely

1 Corinthians 2:11-16
ASV(i) 11 For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him? even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God. 12 But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things that were freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in words which mans wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words. 14 Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, and he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Put simply, that says that you need Jehovah's spirit to understand what he and his servants, followers of his son, are saying. Because God shares with us what onyl he knows.

Hence we also get:

James 1:5-8
ASV(i) 5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord; 8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.

Basicalkly, as that stresses we need to recognise that we need Jehovah's wisdom, and ask for it for the right purpose and in full faith that he will provide it.

But never think you aren't good enough, it is more easy to be too good,than too weak.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30
ASV(i) 26 For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong; 28 and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory before God. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:

Do you have the courage to be viewed by the world as such a one as God chooses, because as you can tell from the way some people on here treat me, you will be.



At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For instance in all of those scriptures Jesus was speaking to ones who had already accepted God's spirit, where you have not.

You are wise beyond my being able to contend with.

No, I am not wise. If I was Jehovah and his son could not use me. I simply accept the wisdom that God offers.



At 4/26/2015 5:40:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
It too have accepted Jehovah's spirit, through his son who became the Christ, and that spirit does precisely what Paul said it would and guides me to the deep things, the hidden things of God to which you are not privy.

How fortunate for you.

Fortunate? no, Blessed? Yes. I read in scripture the requirements of being one that Jehovah, though I didn't know his name at the time, could use, and worked at applying them in my life, as all who wish to serve Jehovah and Christ have to.

Even as a child that is what I wanted, though it took me over 20 years to find out who and how.


From there all you did was change to another subject.

I did not address whether Jesus is God or is not God. But that is what you have turned to discussing by the scriptures you gave.

Why? Is the subject at hand too much to address?

No, I addressed it, and the rest of my post was related, though maybe not directly. Everything in scripture is related to inspiration or revelation, and knowing which is which and who is who is extremely important.


You chose the OP 'Inspiration, or Revelation.'

I am telling you that until you know what it means to be inspired you cannot explain it. And so I am speaking about what being born again really means.

Oh I know exactly what inspiration means, since I am a fortunate recipient, and I strongly suspect that actually you don't know what being born again means, as well as what it can, and cannot bring you.

I suspect that because of the way you use the phrase. And to me it shows that you would not be able to correctly understand the question I put to you. I have never met a "Born Again" Christian yet, and I have met many, even worked for some in my employment, who understood the true relationship between God and Christ, which means they immediately fall foul of John 17:3.

They tend to believe, in my experience, that being born again means a guaranteed route to heaven.

According to scripture, there are no guarantees except for those who actively remain faithful to death, and do Jehovah's will. we actively bring about Christ's judgement on ourselves by what we teach, what we do, and how we live.

Matthew 7:21-23; Matthew 10:23

Just out of interest, does eternal life on earth, the basic promise of scripture, not appeal to you?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:09:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Dream on. Have you checked Gofundme.com.? You might have to live out your destitute life to the end in very much the same bare bone existence because no one is giving you a free ride. You forced a mother of three to quit her job only to abandon her without any livelihood. Your solution to make amends...Gofundme.com.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:16:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Scripture teaches that you are not destined for that, but I can see why it would appeal to you.
Absolutely no need to think, for which you are eminently suited.
Too bad you don't qualify.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:26:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:16:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Scripture teaches that you are not destined for that, but I can see why it would appeal to you.
Absolutely no need to think, for which you are eminently suited.
Too bad you don't qualify.

Oh I still have chance.

If I didn't I would not get Jehovah's spirit either, and I definitely get that.

The only thing scripture actually says is that I am now solely under the Judgement of Jehovah, it doesn't say whether that judgement will be positive or negative.

That is basically down to me.

As long as I live by the rules, which I do, and as long as I can produce which show my faith, and I do, I should be OK., because those are what Jehovah's son will judge me on.

And don't forget this judgement is only to choose those who are worthy of a second chance after Armageddon.

After Armageddon, both the dead, and the survivors get a second chance under immeasurably better conditions, and then comes the final test, the final judgement.

That's what scripture teaches, and what the JWs teach also, though I cannot say that all JWs understand that, and I have known some who wouldn't want to accept that either.

But then if they don't they will fall foul of Matthew 7:1-5, and won't make it themselves.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:36:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:09:54 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Dream on. Have you checked Gofundme.com.? You might have to live out your destitute life to the end in very much the same bare bone existence because no one is giving you a free ride. You forced a mother of three to quit her job only to abandon her without any livelihood. Your solution to make amends...Gofundme.com.

Lol, oh you do love getting things wrong don't you.

Imelda is a mother of 1, not 3 though she was supporting a sister and brother also.

I have taken over supporting the three of them, but not the brother who realised as soon as I came on the scene that he had to break with tradition and get himself a job, so he did.

The reason for the Gofundme.com page was, and is, because supporting her has taken all my money so far and that is why I was unable to go there in march so in desperation I put up that page, and asked Jehovah to bless it if he wished me to succeed that way.

I don;t regret supporting her, or persuading her, not forcing her, lol, she didn't even need much persuading, to leave her job as a Maid, which had kept her away from her daughter for 5 years.

Nor do I regret buying her the house I bought her last November, she, Paula, and Maris, now live in much better conditions, and surrounded by the family they love.

I have also financed a training course for her so that she can work as a beautician.

Oh, I have nothing to be ashamed of. No exploitation, nothing, in fact my friends are concerned that she is not exploiting me, but I know she isn't, as time will prove. I am fulfilling my role as an absentee "husband" and she is fulfilling hers as an absentee "wife", so, no worries.

That is why you continually have to resort to lies, half truths and ridiculous exaggerations to criticise me, lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:39:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:26:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:16:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Scripture teaches that you are not destined for that, but I can see why it would appeal to you.
Absolutely no need to think, for which you are eminently suited.
Too bad you don't qualify.

Oh I still have chance.

If I didn't I would not get Jehovah's spirit either, and I definitely get that.

The only thing scripture actually says is that I am now solely under the Judgement of Jehovah, it doesn't say whether that judgement will be positive or negative.

That is basically down to me.

As long as I live by the rules, which I do, and as long as I can produce which show my faith, and I do, I should be OK., because those are what Jehovah's son will judge me on.

And don't forget this judgement is only to choose those who are worthy of a second chance after Armageddon.

After Armageddon, both the dead, and the survivors get a second chance under immeasurably better conditions, and then comes the final test, the final judgement.

That's what scripture teaches, and what the JWs teach also, though I cannot say that all JWs understand that, and I have known some who wouldn't want to accept that either.

But then if they don't they will fall foul of Matthew 7:1-5, and won't make it themselves.

That can't possibly be true.
The jehovians teach that jehova will destroy totally the disfellowshiped jehovian ergo that is what scripture teaches.
JEHOVIANS ONLY TEACH WHAT SCRIPTURE TEACHES.........madman
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:45:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:36:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:09:54 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Dream on. Have you checked Gofundme.com.? You might have to live out your destitute life to the end in very much the same bare bone existence because no one is giving you a free ride. You forced a mother of three to quit her job only to abandon her without any livelihood. Your solution to make amends...Gofundme.com.

Lol, oh you do love getting things wrong don't you.

Imelda is a mother of 1, not 3 though she was supporting a sister and brother also.

I have taken over supporting the three of them, but not the brother who realised as soon as I came on the scene that he had to break with tradition and get himself a job, so he did.

The reason for the Gofundme.com page was, and is, because supporting her has taken all my money so far and that is why I was unable to go there in march so in desperation I put up that page, and asked Jehovah to bless it if he wished me to succeed that way.

I don;t regret supporting her, or persuading her, not forcing her, lol, she didn't even need much persuading, to leave her job as a Maid, which had kept her away from her daughter for 5 years.

Nor do I regret buying her the house I bought her last November, she, Paula, and Maris, now live in much better conditions, and surrounded by the family they love.

I have also financed a training course for her so that she can work as a beautician.

Oh, I have nothing to be ashamed of. No exploitation, nothing, in fact my friends are concerned that she is not exploiting me, but I know she isn't, as time will prove. I am fulfilling my role as an absentee "husband" and she is fulfilling hers as an absentee "wife", so, no worries.

That is why you continually have to resort to lies, half truths and ridiculous exaggerations to criticise me, lol.

Is there any logic to your position? You were an absentee husband in 4 of your divorces. But to the one you are living in sin to whom you are not married you are fulfilling your role as a husband. You got in backwards and it is not by mistake, it was by deliberate choice.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 9:48:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:39:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:26:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:16:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Scripture teaches that you are not destined for that, but I can see why it would appeal to you.
Absolutely no need to think, for which you are eminently suited.
Too bad you don't qualify.

Oh I still have chance.

If I didn't I would not get Jehovah's spirit either, and I definitely get that.

The only thing scripture actually says is that I am now solely under the Judgement of Jehovah, it doesn't say whether that judgement will be positive or negative.

That is basically down to me.

As long as I live by the rules, which I do, and as long as I can produce which show my faith, and I do, I should be OK., because those are what Jehovah's son will judge me on.

And don't forget this judgement is only to choose those who are worthy of a second chance after Armageddon.

After Armageddon, both the dead, and the survivors get a second chance under immeasurably better conditions, and then comes the final test, the final judgement.

That's what scripture teaches, and what the JWs teach also, though I cannot say that all JWs understand that, and I have known some who wouldn't want to accept that either.

But then if they don't they will fall foul of Matthew 7:1-5, and won't make it themselves.

That can't possibly be true.
The jehovians teach that jehova will destroy totally the disfellowshiped jehovian ergo that is what scripture teaches.
JEHOVIANS ONLY TEACH WHAT SCRIPTURE TEACHES.........madman

Wrong again as I have shown you elsewhere.

Neither JWs nor scripture teach what you wish to say.

Only God can make a final judgement and that won;'t happen until it is due.

Both Jehovah, and therefore the JWs and scripture, recognise that people can change, so someone who is "condemned" today can be repentant and be "saved" tomorrow, and of course the other way round also applies.

Sorry fella, try as you like, I have seen and experienced too much for my faith to be dented, let alone broken.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 11:14:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 9:48:48 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:39:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:26:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 9:16:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/27/2015 8:40:08 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/27/2015 7:31:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of living forever, even in some sort of 'paradise' is appalling!

Well no problem then, but I can't help but wonder why.

To me, having all the time in the world to exchange experience with brothers and sisters who may have lived thousands of years ago, is not only brilliant, but an endless delight, because by the time you've gone round them all they will all have a lot more stories to share.

Since I love God's creation, being able to enjoy watching it, and even get close to it, appeals immeasurably.

No, having an eternity to enjoy, in the peak of physical condition, in absolute peace and security, with absolutely nothing to worry about, and knowing that everyone throughout the earth has exactly the same blessings, no hunger, no thirst, no sickness. suits me fine thanks.

But if you don't want it, then fine.

If your world is so small that what is happening to others throughout the earth doesn't bother you, then all I can say is, enjoy it while you can.

Scripture teaches that you are not destined for that, but I can see why it would appeal to you.
Absolutely no need to think, for which you are eminently suited.
Too bad you don't qualify.

Oh I still have chance.

If I didn't I would not get Jehovah's spirit either, and I definitely get that.

The only thing scripture actually says is that I am now solely under the Judgement of Jehovah, it doesn't say whether that judgement will be positive or negative.

That is basically down to me.

As long as I live by the rules, which I do, and as long as I can produce which show my faith, and I do, I should be OK., because those are what Jehovah's son will judge me on.

And don't forget this judgement is only to choose those who are worthy of a second chance after Armageddon.

After Armageddon, both the dead, and the survivors get a second chance under immeasurably better conditions, and then comes the final test, the final judgement.

That's what scripture teaches, and what the JWs teach also, though I cannot say that all JWs understand that, and I have known some who wouldn't want to accept that either.

But then if they don't they will fall foul of Matthew 7:1-5, and won't make it themselves.

That can't possibly be true.
The jehovians teach that jehova will destroy totally the disfellowshiped jehovian ergo that is what scripture teaches.
JEHOVIANS ONLY TEACH WHAT SCRIPTURE TEACHES.........madman

Wrong again as I have shown you elsewhere.

Neither JWs nor scripture teach what you wish to say.

Only God can make a final judgement and that won;'t happen until it is due.

Both Jehovah, and therefore the JWs and scripture, recognise that people can change, so someone who is "condemned" today can be repentant and be "saved" tomorrow, and of course the other way round also applies.

Sorry fella, try as you like, I have seen and experienced too much for my faith to be dented, let alone broken.

Sorry little fella, but this is what scripture teaches.

"(3)"Disfellowshiping means the casting of a member out of Gods household; and if one should remain in this disfellowshiped condition till he died, it would mean his everlasting destruction as a person who is rejected by God. Staying away from meetings leads in that very direction." Watchtower 1965 Dec 15 p.751"

EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 11:23:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Well do you know the difference?

One thing that has become very clear to me during my time on here is that few, if any, do.

Revelation is when something comes directly from either God or one of his Angelic servants into the mind of the one receiving it, and must be written down verbatim.

Such event are inevitably preceded by phrases like "This is what Jehovah says" or some such, making clear that it is a direct revelation.

However the majority of scripture is, as Paul said, "Inspired of God".

I've never had a direct revelation, and I am not sure how I would react if I did. I know that young Samuel was very confused when he got his first one, and kept thinking it was Eli calling him.

However inspiration I do get, and usually when I am posting on here, though occasionally I don't use it properly, being human. Inspiration doesn't stop you making mistakes unfortunately.

Inspiration can put an idea in your head, it can lead you to recognising the truth or otherwise of something, or it can simply inspire you to look in a particular place. It does not link you directly to God's thoughts.

However the most important thing about inspiration is no-one who does get it, gets it for their own benefit, it is purely to benefit Jehovah and other humans.

All of those that God's son, the Christ, accepts as his servants get a certain level of inspiration, even some who Jehovah wants to become his servants may get some inspiration to help them see where to look, and it is most definitely how Jehovah opens up people's eyes to the truth if he can see something in their hearts he can use, if their hearts are not, as Jesus put it, herdened, or "waxed gross" as some translations word it.

Matthew 13:10-15
ASV(i) 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive: 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true. : :

Not ONE Christian has been INSPIRED by our Creator to write or speak for Him where He REVEALS His knowledge in a way for them to understand who they are.

However, He has drawn some of His believers to Himself who call themselves Christians through indirect ways without them ever opening up a Bible or getting direct revelations from our Creator like He did with all us saints and prophets.

It's Christians like you who have never heard the Voice of the Lord or have been inspired by Him to write and speak for Him. You cannot know our Creator unless He reveals Himself and His invisible Word to you directly within your mind. The mind is where all the thoughts of God exist but the thoughts of His people come to them through His tree of the knowledge of good and evil which have deceived them from the tree of life ( His direct thoughts that we saints have revealed to us ).
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2015 12:23:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 11:23:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/26/2015 6:16:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Well do you know the difference?

One thing that has become very clear to me during my time on here is that few, if any, do.

Revelation is when something comes directly from either God or one of his Angelic servants into the mind of the one receiving it, and must be written down verbatim.

Such event are inevitably preceded by phrases like "This is what Jehovah says" or some such, making clear that it is a direct revelation.

However the majority of scripture is, as Paul said, "Inspired of God".

I've never had a direct revelation, and I am not sure how I would react if I did. I know that young Samuel was very confused when he got his first one, and kept thinking it was Eli calling him.

However inspiration I do get, and usually when I am posting on here, though occasionally I don't use it properly, being human. Inspiration doesn't stop you making mistakes unfortunately.

Inspiration can put an idea in your head, it can lead you to recognising the truth or otherwise of something, or it can simply inspire you to look in a particular place. It does not link you directly to God's thoughts.

However the most important thing about inspiration is no-one who does get it, gets it for their own benefit, it is purely to benefit Jehovah and other humans.

All of those that God's son, the Christ, accepts as his servants get a certain level of inspiration, even some who Jehovah wants to become his servants may get some inspiration to help them see where to look, and it is most definitely how Jehovah opens up people's eyes to the truth if he can see something in their hearts he can use, if their hearts are not, as Jesus put it, herdened, or "waxed gross" as some translations word it.

Matthew 13:10-15
ASV(i) 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive: 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

There are may such people on here I'm afraid, and interestingly they are usually the ones who go on most about others having closed minds, lol, when in reality theirs are not only closed, but locked and bolted.

Ironic, but true. : :

Not ONE Christian has been INSPIRED by our Creator to write or speak for Him where He REVEALS His knowledge in a way for them to understand who they are.

However, He has drawn some of His believers to Himself who call themselves Christians through indirect ways without them ever opening up a Bible or getting direct revelations from our Creator like He did with all us saints and prophets.

It's Christians like you who have never heard the Voice of the Lord or have been inspired by Him to write and speak for Him. You cannot know our Creator unless He reveals Himself and His invisible Word to you directly within your mind. The mind is where all the thoughts of God exist but the thoughts of His people come to them through His tree of the knowledge of good and evil which have deceived them from the tree of life ( His direct thoughts that we saints have revealed to us ).

But you said God has not revealed himself to anyone. You are just his mouthpiece.

You wrote:"Us saints are only taught who we are in this program called Eternal Life. Our Creator has not revealed to us who He is outside this program. He just calls Himself the Creator, King, Savior, Truth, Almighty God, and Lord of us all through His prophets and us saints."

Brad wrote:"I did lose some memory skills while I was drinking alcohol as a young person but God doesn't have me use any memory to speak for Him. All I have to do is open up my mouth and start speaking all the words He puts into His mind for me to speak with."