Jump to topic:

The Voice of God (record it!!)

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:39:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The bible offers us examples of what the voice of a God sounded like. They didn't have recorders and cell phones then to record His voice so we have to rely on their descriptions. But today just about everyone carries a cell phone. So it is rather odd no one has produced a recording of God's voice.

Here is what God's voice sounds like according to the bible.

"We imagine that we would personally like to hear the powerful voice of God the Father and the mighty voice of Jesus Christ. What do they sound like? The Bible gives us an idea:

" Like the sound of very loud thunder (Job 40:9; Psalm 29:3; 77:18; 104:7; Revelation 14:2).
" Like the sound of harps (Isaiah 30:31-32; Revelation 14:2).
" Like the sound of trumpets (Exodus 19:16, 19; Hebrews 12:19; Revelation 1:10; 4:1)."

We have several members who claimed to be instructed by the Holy Spirit and even God Himself. Can they confirm the voices they heard matches the description of the bible verses? And can they also record those voices the next time so we may hear it as spoken.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:54:33 AM
At 4/29/2015 9:39:12 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The bible offers us examples of what the voice of a God sounded like. They didn't have recorders and cell phones then to record His voice so we have to rely on their descriptions. But today just about everyone carries a cell phone. So it is rather odd no one has produced a recording of God's voice.

"We imagine that we would personally like to hear the powerful voice of God the Father and the mighty voice of Jesus Christ. What do they sound like? The Bible gives us an idea:

" Like the sound of very loud thunder (Job 40:9; Psalm 29:3; 77:18; 104:7; Revelation 14:2).
" Like the sound of trumpets (Exodus 19:16, 19; Hebrews 12:19; Revelation 1:10; 4:1)."

We have several members who claimed to be instructed by the Holy Spirit and even God Himself. Can they confirm the voices they heard matches the description of the bible verses? And can they also record those voices the next time so we may hear it as spoken.

Priceless.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 4:57:51 PM
To those Christians who claim their prayers are answered. What does the one answering your prayers sound like? Will you recognize the voice if you heard it played on tape? Did it have Greek or Aramaic accent?
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 5:05:26 PM
At 4/29/2015 4:57:51 PM, Harikrish wrote:
To those Christians who claim their prayers are answered. What does the one answering your prayers sound like? Will you recognize the voice if you heard it played on tape? Did it have Greek or Aramaic accent?

I was a Christian once, and when I prayed I never heard anything besides my thoughts.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 7:06:49 PM
At 4/29/2015 5:05:26 PM, debate_power wrote:

I was a Christian once, and when I prayed I never heard anything besides my thoughts.

If you are no longer a Christian then those thoughts were definitely not from God.

"God never says anything contravening what He has already said in the Bible, and He usually confirms what He has said."

That only eliminates God from the equation.

Check 1. - ....very hard for me to understand "voices" some of them sound like the person I'm talking to.

These are all classic examples of hallucinations.

Check 2. -...I get to feeling i can hear others thoughts...

This is an example of delusional thinking

Check 3. In schizophrenia, the part of the brain that causes auditory hallucinations is the same part that generates verbal thoughts.

If you are flip flopping between hearing voices and others thoughts that would be the worst case.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 7:41:59 PM

Ditto.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SteveGlover
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 7:45:58 PM
The bible is all up in yo head...hence why the sound of god's voice varies from person to person...because it's all up in their head too.
Don't judge me....
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:15:26 PM

http://www.hark.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:47:40 PM

We have several members who claimed to be instructed by the Holy Spirit and even God Himself. Can they confirm the voices they heard matches the description of the bible verses? And can they also record those voices the next time so we may hear it as spoken. : :

Everything comes from the Voice of God, even your voice.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:55:25 PM

I was a Christian once, and when I prayed I never heard anything besides my thoughts. : :

I heard the Voice of God 4 1/2 years before He forced me into Christianity back in June of 1984. Even though I knew God and knew His Voice very well before He finally forced me out of Christianity in the spring of 1992, He had a much different plan for me later on. Now I've writing and speaking for Him and through those testimonies, I have finally learned that my created existence is His Voice. In fact, everything visible and invisible is His Voice, also known as His love.

Did you read my thread, "What is the love of God"?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:55:10 PM
At 4/29/2015 8:55:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I was a Christian once, and when I prayed I never heard anything besides my thoughts. : :

I heard the Voice of God 4 1/2 years before He forced me into Christianity back in June of 1984. Even though I knew God and knew His Voice very well before He finally forced me out of Christianity in the spring of 1992, He had a much different plan for me later on. Now I've writing and speaking for Him and through those testimonies, I have finally learned that my created existence is His Voice. In fact, everything visible and invisible is His Voice, also known as His love.

You have been asked to describe the voices you heard so we can compare it with what is known. I don't suppose you taped God's voice or you would have plastered it all over Utube. Please stay on topic. You are not the only one claiming to have heard God. We have some very sober people convinced God was answering their prayers.
You said God had you on the floor 8 different times. Did He talk to you at any one of those times and what did He sound like?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:09:46 PM
At 4/29/2015 9:55:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You have been asked to describe the voices you heard so we can compare it with what is known. I don't suppose you taped God's voice or you would have plastered it all over Utube. Please stay on topic. You are not the only one claiming to have heard God. We have some very sober people convinced God was answering their prayers.
You said God had you on the floor 8 different times. Did He talk to you at any one of those times and what did He sound like? : :

His voice was always the same except it could get very loud at times when He was disciplining me. After each episode that He put my body to the floor, His voice was very comforting.

Now He just gives my body a desire to go somewhere so it can find His chosen believers who see His whiteboard with one of His messages written on it. When the believer comes to see Brad about the message, our Creator begins to speak through Brad. The believer listens to His Voice and believe it's our Creator speaking.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:20:58 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:09:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You said God had you on the floor 8 different times. Did He talk to you at any one of those times and what did He sound like? : :

His voice was always the same except it could get very loud at times when He was disciplining me. After each episode that He put my body to the floor, His voice was very comforting.

Now He just gives my body a desire to go somewhere so it can find His chosen believers who see His whiteboard with one of His messages written on it. When the believer comes to see Brad about the message, our Creator begins to speak through Brad. The believer listens to His Voice and believe it's our Creator speaking.

So why do the earlier videos say it is Brad Holkesvig speaking?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:28:56 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:20:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:

So why do the earlier videos say it is Brad Holkesvig speaking? : :

The illusion you see moving his lips is named Brad Holkesvig who is speaking for our Creator.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:35:53 PM

Here is another to add to your list.
* Like the sound of many waters. ( Rev 1:15)

The voice of God sounds exactly the same as the voice of Mother Nature.

People who believe they hear from a supernatural invisible God are only really listening to their own inner thoughts, intuition and conscience.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:51:14 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:35:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:

People who believe they hear from a supernatural invisible God are only really listening to their own inner thoughts, intuition and conscience. : :

Most people don't understand the symbolism in the prophecies.

Everything visible and invisible was spoken into existence by our Creator's Voice.

God SAID, "Let there be light". He didn't have to make information called light with his hands. He simply SPOKE the wavelengths of energy into existence that we know as "LIGHT".
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:57:25 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:51:14 PM, bornofgod wrote:

People who believe they hear from a supernatural invisible God are only really listening to their own inner thoughts, intuition and conscience. : :

Everything visible and invisible was spoken into existence by our Creator's Voice.

God SAID, "Let there be light". He didn't have to make information called light with his hands. He simply SPOKE the wavelengths of energy into existence that we know as "LIGHT".

All gods are mythical Brad including you invisible creator.
All of them are merely personifications of some aspect of life.
The God of the bible is merely a personification of life itself just like Mother nature is a personification of Nature.
It is really very simple to understand if you want to understand it and face the reality that all invisible supernatural characters are mythical.
However, I do understand that is extremely hard for people who are lost in fantasy land communicating with their invisible idols.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:58:37 PM

People who believe they hear from a supernatural invisible God are only really listening to their own inner thoughts, intuition and conscience.

Priceless atheist gibberish of the ignorant atheist trying to make sense of the fact the Spirit is as indwelling as outside our skins and minds when the Spirit comes calling. The atheist has no conception of spiritual experience like this one who actually thinks seeing a rainbow or a pretty sunset is equivalent to contact with God. Sorry, but sunsets and rainbows don't leave calling cards with Messages in them. God does.

Someday, Skyangle, try to understand that without spiritual experience of God atheists know nothing about it, are outside the experiential knowledge of what's it's like. So your opinions about spiritual experiences you've never had are worthless jabber. Unfortunately, unlike agnostics who don't have any religion to sell, atheists are filled with egos that just can't stand spiritually advanced human beings because they're jealous of them, they know Something's missing in their lives but egos don't want to admit it. Yet atheists are drawn like moths to the Light where they thrash around the source and get burned to death. Moths, Nature's creatures, can't take the Light but spiritual conscious human beings can and have. Most all our basic culture and laws began in religious visions, something atheists trying to link schizophrenia to spiritual consciousness always forget lest their whole smear job fall to pieces in historical fact.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 11:05:37 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:58:37 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Priceless atheist gibberish of the ignorant atheist trying to make sense of the fact the Spirit is as indwelling as outside our skins and minds when the Spirit comes calling. The atheist has no conception of spiritual experience like this one who actually thinks seeing a rainbow or a pretty sunset is equivalent to contact with God. Sorry, but sunsets and rainbows don't leave calling cards with Messages in them. God does.

Someday, Skyangle, try to understand that without spiritual experience of God atheists know nothing about it, are outside the experiential knowledge of what's it's like. So your opinions about spiritual experiences you've never had are worthless jabber. Unfortunately, unlike agnostics who don't have any religion to sell, atheists are filled with egos that just can't stand spiritually advanced human beings because they're jealous of them, they know Something's missing in their lives but egos don't want to admit it. Yet atheists are drawn like moths to the Light where they thrash around the source and get burned to death. Moths, Nature's creatures, can't take the Light but spiritual conscious human beings can and have. Most all our basic culture and laws began in religious visions, something atheists trying to link schizophrenia to spiritual consciousness always forget lest their whole smear job fall to pieces in historical fact.

I see I attracted an ignorant moth to my light.
The poor little moth thinks it is a spiritual guru.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 11:43:45 PM
At 4/29/2015 8:31:41 PM, dee-em wrote:
If you don't hear the voice of Morgan Freeman then it isn't God.

Precisely! LOL.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 1:43:53 AM
Saint Brad, SkyAngel, and CelestialTorah all on the same thread at the same time!
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:06:28 AM
At 4/30/2015 1:43:53 AM, annanicole wrote:
Saint Brad, SkyAngel, and CelestialTorah all on the same thread at the same time!

Where's MCB to complete the cast of Mad Men?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:12:26 AM
At 4/30/2015 2:06:28 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/30/2015 1:43:53 AM, annanicole wrote:

Where's MCB to complete the cast of Mad Men?

He'll roll out of bed in about 2 hrs, make sure Armageddon hasn't started, and join them.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 3:30:57 AM

Nobody on here (and nobody not on here) literally hears any "voices from God" or the "voice of God". Likewise, despite their bold claims, nobody on here has any direct, immediate, literal "Holy Spirit influence". As goes the claim, so must go the demonstration - and I doubt we are gonna see any demonstrations.

I'd 10 to 1 rather try to reason with someone who is agnostic (claims to just not know) than I had with someone who thinks God or the Spirit or anything is directly influencing them.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:57:53 AM

Very true. But religious experiences are generally *subjective*. Objective experiences are rare and probably not true.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:55:25 AM

If people hear voices thinking it to be that of any deity, they should get medical help p.d.q!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 7:53:23 AM
At 4/29/2015 10:57:25 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/29/2015 10:51:14 PM, bornofgod wrote:

All gods are mythical Brad including you invisible creator.
All of them are merely personifications of some aspect of life.
The God of the bible is merely a personification of life itself just like Mother nature is a personification of Nature.
It is really very simple to understand if you want to understand it and face the reality that all invisible supernatural characters are mythical.
However, I do understand that is extremely hard for people who are lost in fantasy land communicating with their invisible idols. : :

The God of the Bible is an imaginary one if you believe the Bible is the Word of God.

The Creator that I speak for is not in the Bible and never has been. He's the ONE who spoke everything visible and invisible into existence. We do not know who He is because He has never taught me who He is other than the ONE who created me and everything else that we experience.

You, however, are totally deceived by what you read in this world because you believe what you see is our true reality. This world and the flesh are what deceives people of their true reality as only being information.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:04:41 AM
Oh good grief, we have people here who believe in a Creator that has produced everything we see and we get a little spooked at the idea that God might interact in ways with Humans wow, could yal get real please lol.

We live in a world where there is "spirit" all around us, there are layers on every level if you could see the spiritual dimensions it would fry your little pea brains, there are all kinds of things going on in the spirit and some of us pick up on some of these things it is inevitable not spooky or weird get over it.

There are very intelligent and sober minded people who have spiritual experience you can't just put everyone in some box you pretend answers questions or you will lose balance. Yes we have mentally ill people and those people need to be hospitalized and treated because these aspects in their life are debilitating not healthy.
However there is much gratification and a healthy uplifting environment walking a spiritual lifestyle where one seeks God in what they do, it's simple. I personally don't hear voices in my head but I do listen and follow what I believe to be truth, the spirit brings life and joy to ones self and those around them who might need something that is all it is about, giving and receiving. We can see and learn more from the spirit because it reveals things we wouldn't normally pick up on because it is outside ourselves, it is a larger view.

Those of you who read and know the scriptures and yet are shocked by spiritual occurrence you need to wake up lol, Jesus was a spiritual dude, Paul was and just about ALL of them where spiritual people with spiritual understanding, there is nothing weird or spooky about it, it's jus a part of it.
If you encounter a real honest believer who has knowledge of spiritual things you have found someone you can trust and learn from, this kind of person could change your life and what you think so don't be so hasty to label people.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:07:19 AM
At 4/29/2015 10:28:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/29/2015 10:20:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:

So why do the earlier videos say it is Brad Holkesvig speaking? : :

The illusion you see moving his lips is named Brad Holkesvig who is speaking for our Creator.

Why is Brad Holkesvig the person in the video an illusion?
He looks like all the other Brad pictures and videos of Brad Holkesvig. For it to be an illusion the image of Brad Holkesvig seen should be a misrepresentation of what Brad Holkesvig really is. But the two are the same.

Are you using the word illusion correctly?