Theocrats

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:58:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are two kinds of Theocrats.

1: Those who, like Muslims believe in following a government on earth made up of others in their faith.

2: Those who choose to be ruled by Jehovah, through his son, from heaven.

Jehovah's Witness are of the latter kind, which is what all true followers of Christ must be.

They recognise only Jehovah's kingdom under Christ as having the right to rule this earth.

Daniel 2:44
ASV(i) 44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 5:06:40 PM
At 4/29/2015 2:58:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

1: Those who, like Muslims believe in following a government on earth made up of others in their faith.

Jehovah's Witness are of the latter kind, which is what all true followers of Christ must be.

They recognise only Jehovah's kingdom under Christ as having the right to rule this earth.

ASV(i) 44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Even if that does turn out to be the case, I still don't like the idea of God controlling me.
You can call me Mark if you like.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:27:57 AM
At 4/29/2015 5:06:40 PM, debate_power wrote:

Even if that does turn out to be the case, I still don't like the idea of God controlling me.

He doesn't intend to control us, he asks us to control ourselves and use our free will wisely.

In the and that is all the worship he wants.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:31:20 AM

ASV(i) 44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. : :'

The JW's have no clue what this prophecy is about.