Total Posts:70|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The deity can do nothing wrong!

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 7:20:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

Once you outsource your morality to an imaginary being, anything is possible.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 7:58:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 7:20:27 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

Once you outsource your morality to an imaginary being, anything is possible.

Exactly, and that is why some believers have done terrible things using their version of the deity as an excuse!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:52:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

And you know that for a fact? LOL!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:55:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 8:52:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

And you know that for a fact? LOL! : :

Yes I do.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 9:10:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 8:52:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

And you know that for a fact? LOL!

I'd recommend taking everything BoG says with a huge amount of salt. He lives in his own little delusion that he's one of God's saints and that God is just a computer programmer and we're just characters in one of his games.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 4:23:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

I'm sorry, but I don't find that reassuring.
You can call me Mark if you like.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:15:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so.

It's worse than that, JJ. If you believe a transcendental being is the sole source of moral authority, and hold that your theology is divinely-inspired and inerrant, then any immorality in your theology becomes unquestionable. This mightn't force religious zealots into persecution, murder and genocide, but it protects them from any criticism or self-examination when they do it.

Among the worst intellectual abuses of theological paternalism is its insistence that the faithful cannot contest their own -- often archaic and inhumane -- moral doctrines.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 5:47:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 8:55:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:52:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

And you know that for a fact? LOL! : :

Yes I do.

LIAR!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.

All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 8:55:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.

All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.
An omnipotent, omniscient god is not limited by choice. His choices are infinite and therefore claiming your pathetic god had NO Choice is the cowardice of the believers who can't accept that their god is non existent.
It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.
We can all see who is dumb, mad, and it's you.
Is your god omnipotent and omniscient or are his CHOICES restricted as you claim.
A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.
Your god did not protect the early christians from the roman and jewish persecution and slaughter in the Colosseum.
So now you claim that your god isn't a god at all.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Posts: 11,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 9:04:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Isn't it strange the biggest failures who have hit bottom in the socio-economic scales society uses to gauge individual success appear to know the most about a heavenly deity. It is as though with personal failure comes increase knowledge of God. But oddly knowledge of God isn't sufficient to lift them out of their destitute condition. So what practical purpose can it be applied towards if it cannot even help those that possess it?
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 9:15:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ahh yes!!
But in another thread poor little mad is adamant that he can't and hasn't learned anything from success. He has only ever learned from failure because he has never experienced success.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 9:18:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:55:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.

All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.
An omnipotent, omniscient god is not limited by choice. His choices are infinite and therefore claiming your pathetic god had NO Choice is the cowardice of the believers who can't accept that their god is non existent.
It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.
We can all see who is dumb, mad, and it's you.
Is your god omnipotent and omniscient or are his CHOICES restricted as you claim.
A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.
Your god did not protect the early christians from the roman and jewish persecution and slaughter in the Colosseum.
So now you claim that your god isn't a god at all.

Just because no-one else can limit him, does nto mean he cannot limit himself.

Jehovah limits himself according to his primary qualities of Love, Justice, Wisdom and Mercy.

He uses self control, as he asks us to do.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 9:32:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.

This is an awfully unimaginative argument. The funny thing about God in the Bible is that he breaks the rules of nature when it either benefits those he wants (Jesus's miracles for example) or kills people in more imaginative ways (sending bears to kill children). However he can't manage to break the rules of nature to achieve non-violent resolution to problems.

The plagues in Egypt offer a perfect example: your have ten plagues, each more imaginative than the previous, sent by God to kill Egyptians until they freed the Israelites. Except there is one problem: a loving God could have put all Egyptians to sleep for a week to allow the Israelis to gather their stuff and leave. Heck, he could have sent angels to carry them out. Instead he sends an angel of death to kill tens/hundreds of thousands of children.

So we have to ask ourselves: are the actions of God in the Bible the actions of a loving God who had at his disposal the means of resolving situations without killing children and decided against it or are they the reflections of a Bronze Age people who invented a God that reflected their own morality (nothing wrong with killing children of your enemies). The later seems much more likely.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 9:36:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 9:18:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:55:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.

All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.
An omnipotent, omniscient god is not limited by choice. His choices are infinite and therefore claiming your pathetic god had NO Choice is the cowardice of the believers who can't accept that their god is non existent.
It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.
We can all see who is dumb, mad, and it's you.
Is your god omnipotent and omniscient or are his CHOICES restricted as you claim.
A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.
Your god did not protect the early christians from the roman and jewish persecution and slaughter in the Colosseum.
So now you claim that your god isn't a god at all.

Just because no-one else can limit him, does nto mean he cannot limit himself.

Jehovah limits himself according to his primary qualities of Love, Justice, Wisdom and Mercy.

He uses self control, as he asks us to do.

Only a fool of the lowest order could convince themselves of that.
You claim that your pathetic god had NO CHOICE you didn't claim that he didn't want to, which is your new pathetic claim.
Your omnipotent god had NO CHOICE according to you.
You, are as always just lying to defend the god you believe has no capacity to defend itself.
You really are pathetic.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 10:48:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 9:32:58 AM, Floid wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.


This is an awfully unimaginative argument. The funny thing about God in the Bible is that he breaks the rules of nature when it either benefits those he wants (Jesus's miracles for example) or kills people in more imaginative ways (sending bears to kill children). However he can't manage to break the rules of nature to achieve non-violent resolution to problems.


Maybe that's because I don't deal in imagination, only facts.

How can Jehovah break the rules of Nature? He wrote and controls them.

No, because the only way he could do that would be to remove people's free will, and turn us all into robots. A very unloving act indeed.

Death for them is the only other option, as it will be at Armageddon when all who oppose his people, wherever they live on the earth will be destroyed.

The plagues in Egypt offer a perfect example: your have ten plagues, each more imaginative than the previous, sent by God to kill Egyptians until they freed the Israelites. Except there is one problem: a loving God could have put all Egyptians to sleep for a week to allow the Israelis to gather their stuff and leave. Heck, he could have sent angels to carry them out. Instead he sends an angel of death to kill tens/hundreds of thousands of children.

Most of the plagues were, as Jehovah said, to demonstrate his power and ability, and all were deliberately weak enough for the Magic-practising priests to counter.

The most important thing they revealed is that what Jehovah threatens, he does if pushed into it. A lesson we need to remember today.

To be honest I doubt there were many more than 10,000 children who qualified as first-borns, and for all we know Israelite children also died if the did not obey the commands. Apparently some Egyptians did obey, their children were saved, and the were among the millions who left Egypt.


So we have to ask ourselves: are the actions of God in the Bible the actions of a loving God who had at his disposal the means of resolving situations without killing children and decided against it or are they the reflections of a Bronze Age people who invented a God that reflected their own morality (nothing wrong with killing children of your enemies). The later seems much more likely.

He had no acceptable and effective alternatives or he would have used them, simple as.

Every nation he destroyed was given a way out. Some took that way out, such as the Ninehvites and the Gibeonites for instance.

He also accepted individuals who came over to his people's side, the most dramatic example being Rahab, the prostitute of Jericho, who was rewarded for saving the Israelite spies not only by herself and those of her household who listened to her but also included her in the line which led to the Messiah.

Just as he offered those pre-flood a way out, and is offering everyone today a way out of what is coming.

Is it his fault if people refuse to listen? Of course not since he forces no-one, nor should he.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 10:54:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 9:32:58 AM, Floid wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.


This is an awfully unimaginative argument. The funny thing about God in the Bible is that he breaks the rules of nature when it either benefits those he wants (Jesus's miracles for example) or kills people in more imaginative ways (sending bears to kill children). However he can't manage to break the rules of nature to achieve non-violent resolution to problems.

The plagues in Egypt offer a perfect example: your have ten plagues, each more imaginative than the previous, sent by God to kill Egyptians until they freed the Israelites. Except there is one problem: a loving God could have put all Egyptians to sleep for a week to allow the Israelis to gather their stuff and leave. Heck, he could have sent angels to carry them out. Instead he sends an angel of death to kill tens/hundreds of thousands of children.

So we have to ask ourselves: are the actions of God in the Bible the actions of a loving God who had at his disposal the means of resolving situations without killing children and decided against it or are they the reflections of a Bronze Age people who invented a God that reflected their own morality (nothing wrong with killing children of your enemies). The later seems much more likely.

And that is your problem floid.
The god of the bible takes great PLEASURE in killing children, it's how he demonstrates his love and is why abortion is his greatest gift to humanity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 11:14:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 4:23:38 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

I'm sorry, but I don't find that reassuring. : :

That's okay my friend. I'm not here to force you to believe anything I understand very well. If you have any questions, I will give you an answer but only if it can be answered. There are many people who ask questions to try stump me and those can't be answered in the way they expect to be answered.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 11:19:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 5:47:48 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:55:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:52:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 4/30/2015 8:36:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human! : :'
'
Since our Creator is responsible for everything He planned, created and formed, then all the killings man witnesses in this world are what He made us believe in.

Don't worry, everything you see is an illusion. In the next age, we won't be witnessing any death, destruction, decay, disease, accidents, etc.

And you know that for a fact? LOL! : :

Yes I do.

LIAR! : :

I know for a fact we're living in a virtual reality. The Creator of everything revealed this information to me directly from His program called Eternal Life. Those who die in this virtual world with no knowledge to know how they were created won't lose anything they didn't have. They will awaken in the new program called the New Heaven and Earth with new bodies without remembering anything that happened in the first part of God's program. Since memory is only information that can be destroyed ( deleted ) by our Creator, we won't have to worry about waking up in Paradise thinking about all the good and bad things we experienced in this world.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 12:32:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:30:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:15:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:01:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 5/1/2015 6:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

You don't believe in euthanasia for any reason then?

I believe a person has the right to take their own life with help, if necessary.

But you don;t believe they should be killed if there is not other way to prevent s slow, lingering but inevitable death? Not in circumstances such as they had back then?

You would rather these children were left to starve to death? because that was the only option, a slow, painful death over days, or even weeks.

Because your god of total LOVE destroyed the parents in his total exercise of his love and so as a result of his overwhelming love he then needed to destroy children in order to demonstrate his overwhelming love.
How many of your children have you KILLED in a demonstration of your love, or don't you love your children?
Fuk you are dumb.

All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

Stop them from what?! Living on their own land? Stop them from refusing to relinquish their home to total strangers/invaders? You don't take anything to its fundamental philosophical root because you start with "Goddidit/Godsaidit" so it's automatically good. With that starting point, any iniquity or injustice automatically gets whitewashed, since that's the one thing you will not question. Thus, there is NO morality that applies to your deity...

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

It IS you that is dumb. It is ALWAYS you that is dumb.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.

The deity in question was not "protecting" ANYONE. He was sending the Hebrews in to invade the lands of another people, according to the story. The people in that story used their deity to justify imperialistic invasion, and you consider that justified because "Goddidit/Godsaidit!" You don't even bother to consider whether or not the ORIGINAL edict was right/wrong, just/unjust, fair/unfair, moral/immoral. You assume the positive just because a bunch of ancient imperialistic mystics CLAIM that "Goddidit/Godsaidit." There's not even any evidence that the deity exists, let alone that one issued the edict that the land belonged to the Hebrews because he "said so." You are an absolutely BLIND FAITH follower. And a stoopid one, at that.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 12:59:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:14:42 AM, bornofgod wrote:

That's okay my friend. I'm not here to force you to believe anything I understand very well. If you have any questions, I will give you an answer but only if it can be answered. There are many people who ask questions to try stump me and those can't be answered in the way they expect to be answered.

Wow, it didn't take you very long to start derailing threads with your insanity again.

Of course, the mod has already sanctioned this and applauded your efforts.

It's called lip service and the mods here are not very good at it as their platitudes are thinly veiled.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 1:05:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 9:32:58 AM, Floid wrote:
At 5/1/2015 8:36:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
All done to protect his loyal ones, he was really given no choice. Death was the only thing that would stop them.

It isn't me who is dumb if you can't see that.

A God who won;t protect his own when he has the ability is no God at all.


This is an awfully unimaginative argument. The funny thing about God in the Bible is that he breaks the rules of nature when it either benefits those he wants (Jesus's miracles for example) or kills people in more imaginative ways (sending bears to kill children). However he can't manage to break the rules of nature to achieve non-violent resolution to problems.

The plagues in Egypt offer a perfect example: your have ten plagues, each more imaginative than the previous, sent by God to kill Egyptians until they freed the Israelites. Except there is one problem: a loving God could have put all Egyptians to sleep for a week to allow the Israelis to gather their stuff and leave. Heck, he could have sent angels to carry them out. Instead he sends an angel of death to kill tens/hundreds of thousands of children.

Let us not forget that numerous times the Pharaoh was about to let them go when God hardened his heart to prevent it. What was the value in that, just so he could find another way to torment the people who lived there? That's about the most sadistic, psychotic thing that one can imagine yet this being is called holy, good, and love.

So we have to ask ourselves: are the actions of God in the Bible the actions of a loving God who had at his disposal the means of resolving situations without killing children and decided against it or are they the reflections of a Bronze Age people who invented a God that reflected their own morality (nothing wrong with killing children of your enemies). The later seems much more likely.
GDBH
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 1:18:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/30/2015 6:19:13 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I was gobsmacked by a remark on this forum, apparently the deity can do nothing wrong, even murdering children, because it must have a good reason for doing so. YE GODS! Anyone believing that to be true would have to be as sick as the psycho depicted in the Bible!

I suppose there are other Biblical literalists on this forum who would excuse the deity for killing children, or any other deed, which would be illegal and evil if committed by a human!

Next time someone gives me that crap, I'll compare that to using the same double standard in favor of their fave politicians. ):3
The measure of a good politician these days seems to be his ability to bull$hit.