Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If you worship and love the God of the bible

janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 1:36:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.

I am agnostic. Which means I don't know.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:44:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

Doesn't matter where it is, just that the Bible says it's where atheists burn for all eternity.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 3:05:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Everybody likes to be worshipped and adored. I'm sure God does give special treatment to those who worship him and adore him, even though he probably does try to hide this.

However, does he deserve the worship and adoration? Not from my perspective.


When you get down to it, there simply isn't much of a difference between the actions God has taken to achieve what he wants and what human tyrant do to get what they want. Both use deadly, unjustified force, both try to lower human morale, and both try to get their enemies to splinter up and fight each other (different religions, different races, different nationalities in perpetual conflict). This is a barbaric, unmerciful God with an intense lust for power.

Worshipping could help, but in the end are you truly making the planet better by doing so. I don't think so.

All you're doing is appeasing a violent monster.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 3:24:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 2:44:40 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

Doesn't matter where it is, just that the Bible says it's where atheists burn for all eternity.

LOL, what? So then your talking about the "Christians" doctrine of hell. Hell is a state of condition, it's not a place.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 3:35:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.

.... but His false saint named Brad certainly succeeded in staying alive, despite repeatedly claiming that God Himself had given him the date, place, and manner of death. Jesus predicted His own death - and it happened.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 5:53:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

Depends which God you're talking about. There are Three Gods in Judeo-Christianity being worshiped: EL Elyon, God Most High, Yahweh or YHWH, originally one of the sons of EL, and Jesus Christ, another Yahweh/EL combination God but this time reestablishing the right Son to Father spiritual relationship that Judah didn't respect when they created their man-made YHWH creature, the Fraud of Israel Bible god that really was a monster, a man-made monster god who had no qualms about commanding humans to ISIS Reaver killer ape potentials.

Like Jesus, I honor EL Elyon, God Most High, who isn't that Bible Fraud of Israel but actually the most ancient of male deity names on earth with altars to EL found 6,000 years old in Syria if memory serves. If Christians want to find out who Jesus' "Abba", His Daddy was, do find and read Semitic Languages Prof. John Gray's book on ancient Canaanites and the way they worshiped EL before the later Hebrews got their hands on His legend and did their Lucifer stunt raising Yahweh to EL's position in the Sinai Covenant, the "I AM" name change story of Moses. You worship Yahweh, you worship a lower tribal war god and doesn't it show! Abrahamic believers always at war some place on earth.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gray's book is Near Eastern Mythologies and every Christian on earth should read it to find Jesus' real spiritual heavenly Father. Judaism is worshiping a man-made god, YHWH, created by priests of Judah in a narcissistic tribal appropriation of the Universal Godhead that EL represented not only all through Canaan but in surrounding regions as well. Yahweh started off in Canaan as Yamm, river and judgment sea god, always at war with his archenemy, BAAL, for EL's attention and even EL's throne as the Most High. There is a Canaanite cuniform text showing where EL renames Yamm, Yah or Yahwe, and Yahweh continued to battle BAAL but in the hands of scribes and priests of Judah Yahweh got all gussied up as YHWH, the new upstart top god of Judah that Pauline Christians dumbly consented to worship alongside Jews instead of listening to Jesus when he cried out from the cross using Psalm 22 words, "My EL, My EL,...he did not cry out to Yahweh did he?
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:12:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There's not a single Canaanite text showing where EL orders any human punishment. EL ruled Creation and the world through the Elohim, the Divine Assembly of gods and goddesses. Yet in Canaan, it was to EL that Canaanites turned to for forgiveness of their sins and evidently EL gave it to them without all the heavy guilt tripping that goes along with Yahweh worship in place of EL. The ancient Canaanites loved EL but were so comfortable with Him they could make jokes about Him. EL the Compassionate One, EL the Kindly One, EL the Friendly One, these were Canaanite appellations of EL. Imagine "Yahweh the Friendly One" as if..no, these war gods just want Obedience to Orders. Where EL ruled with wisdom and compassion, war gods rule with force and fear. "Fear of the Lord" is what the Bible teaches and right there you know you are dealing with a lower level god as kings were not referred to as "Lords". Lords were vassals to kings, EL was King of the gods, not a Lord.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:21:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

Where would you be without these old outworn cliche Bible thumper stereotypes to throw your cliche anger and cliche passe mantras at? Why not look at the growing New Christianity instead of boring us with atheist backwardness attacking a Christianity that only exists where ignorance reigns over social intelligence. Unfortunately, that's most of America and a huge band below Europe and above central Africa, the hot and cold treeless desert sand, rock and gravel lands where Muhammadism flourishes. Or the jungle of Malaysia. Extreme climate places where there is either no water or too much, no life or too much of it. The Abrahamic religions came out of the desert and reflect ancient water hole control ideology.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:23:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 6:21:27 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

Where would you be without these old outworn cliche Bible thumper stereotypes to throw your cliche anger and cliche passe mantras at? Why not look at the growing New Christianity instead of boring us with atheist backwardness attacking a Christianity that only exists where ignorance reigns over social intelligence. Unfortunately, that's most of America and a huge band below Europe and above central Africa, the hot and cold treeless desert sand, rock and gravel lands where Muhammadism flourishes. Or the jungle of Malaysia. Extreme climate places where there is either no water or too much, no life or too much of it. The Abrahamic religions came out of the desert and reflect ancient water hole control ideology.

Let me guess, your in Christianity?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:49:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 3:35:09 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.

.... but His false saint named Brad certainly succeeded in staying alive, despite repeatedly claiming that God Himself had given him the date, place, and manner of death. Jesus predicted His own death - and it happened. : :

Why are you derailing this thread, Anna?
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 11:22:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

No, that is just life on Earth. It is tragedy for some people, but Hell as described in the Bible is eternal torment.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 11:50:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 9:49:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:35:09 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.

.... but His false saint named Brad certainly succeeded in staying alive, despite repeatedly claiming that God Himself had given him the date, place, and manner of death. Jesus predicted His own death - and it happened. : :

Why are you derailing this thread, Anna?

Taking the opportunity to blaspheme about "the false deity of Christians ... who couldn't even keep Himself alive" isn't exactly right on topic, Brad. The OP says, "THE God of the Bible." That would be the Christian God.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 1:15:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 11:22:06 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

No, that is just life on Earth. It is tragedy for some people, but Hell as described in the Bible is eternal torment.

Well that's because you don't understand parables, therefore, you don't understand the Bible.
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 6:13:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/3/2015 1:15:54 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 11:22:06 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

No, that is just life on Earth. It is tragedy for some people, but Hell as described in the Bible is eternal torment.

Well that's because you don't understand parables, therefore, you don't understand the Bible.

I don't believe the writers of the Bible thought of Hell as a parable. It's funny though, you guys can say ANYTHING, and will say anything, to try to cop-out of the nastiness of your book.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:24:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

I agree.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:01:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/3/2015 6:13:42 AM, janesix wrote:
At 5/3/2015 1:15:54 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 11:22:06 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 6:04:14 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 5:33:30 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:18:50 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:26:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:12 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/2/2015 1:35:26 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:51:36 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

"a place of eternal torment"????? what in the world are you talking about????

Hell, of course.

Oh goodness, are you one of those individuals who believe hell is under the earth?

I don't believe in Hell at all. Christians do.

Are there people in poverty?

Of course. What does that have to do with Hell and Christianity?

Ok, you believe there are people in poverty, therefore, you believe in hell because hell is a condition not a place. People in poverty is hell for them. That's what hell is. I'm sure you've heard people say, "I've been through hell", that's saying they've gone through some tough trials and tribulations in their life.

Christianity has painted a picture and has brainwashed people to believe that there is a red man under the earth, with a fork poking people, that's an illusion that Christianity created.

No, that is just life on Earth. It is tragedy for some people, but Hell as described in the Bible is eternal torment.

Well that's because you don't understand parables, therefore, you don't understand the Bible.

I don't believe the writers of the Bible thought of Hell as a parable. It's funny though, you guys can say ANYTHING, and will say anything, to try to cop-out of the nastiness of your book.

This^^^^^
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:34:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

It would be absurdly childish to assume that the biblical depictions of God are, or ever were, intended to be taken as a material fact except perhaps by young children who are not yet capable of understanding the function and purpose of myth, and metaphor, and parable. I realize that some severely stunted adults exist, and that they do believe in the literal reality of biblical depictions of God, but I don't think they constitute any large numbers. I think most of the people who read and appreciate the Bible can do so without falling pray to such intellectual retardation.

And for those who can't, well, what can we say? Someone's got to be on the low side of the Bell Curve, I guess.
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:40:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/3/2015 9:34:28 AM, PureX wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster.

It would be absurdly childish to assume that the biblical depictions of God are, or ever were, intended to be taken as a material fact except perhaps by young children who are not yet capable of understanding the function and purpose of myth, and metaphor, and parable. I realize that some severely stunted adults exist, and that they do believe in the literal reality of biblical depictions of God, but I don't think they constitute any large numbers. I think most of the people who read and appreciate the Bible can do so without falling pray to such intellectual retardation.

And for those who can't, well, what can we say? Someone's got to be on the low side of the Bell Curve, I guess.

" I think most of the people who read and appreciate the Bible can do so without falling pray to such intellectual retardation."

Unfortunately for the rest of us, I think you are wrong.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:44:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/2/2015 11:50:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/2/2015 9:49:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/2/2015 3:35:09 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:05:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 5/1/2015 11:57:10 PM, janesix wrote:
Then I suspect your morals.

A god who would create a place of eternal torment for his creations is immoral, and so is anyone who would worship and love such a monster. : :

Do you believe in a Creator? I'm not talking about the false deity of Christians named Jesus, who couldn't even keep himself alive.

.... but His false saint named Brad certainly succeeded in staying alive, despite repeatedly claiming that God Himself had given him the date, place, and manner of death. Jesus predicted His own death - and it happened. : :

Why are you derailing this thread, Anna?

Taking the opportunity to blaspheme about "the false deity of Christians ... who couldn't even keep Himself alive" isn't exactly right on topic, Brad. The OP says, "THE God of the Bible." That would be the Christian God. : :

The Christian gods are Jesus, Holy Spirit, virgin Mary and hell. Christians use these symbolic names to convince other people that they need to believe in these things to go to Heaven.
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:53:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/3/2015 9:40:31 AM, janesix wrote:
At 5/3/2015 9:34:28 AM, PureX wrote:

I think most of the people who read and appreciate the Bible can do so without falling pray to such intellectual retardation.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, I think you are wrong.

Keep in mind that we humans tend to find what we're looking for, because we're looking for it. And to overlook what we're not looking for, because we're not looking for it.

It's easy to spot the religious zealots in the crowd because they're the one shouting the loudest, and spewing the most absurd jargon. Just as it's easy to overlook the ten other Christians the zealot is standing among, who are not wild-eyes zealots, because they do not spew loud and absurd religious jargon at everyone else. In fact, you wouldn't even know many of them were Christians unless you asked. You would only know them to be kind, honest, tolerant, and optimistic people, much like anyone else.