Jump to topic:

Atheist Testimony: A living testimony

olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 1:08:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This thread mean no HARM. I am just invited all the ATHEIST of this site to put all their testimony why you don't believe that GOD doesn't exist. Now let excluded the BIBLE, that might be one of your reason. No bible at all. This will be aside from the Bible. Non Atheist can join, If they encountered an ATHEIST testimony. This is just for Testimony, please don't derail the thread. Just want to listen their point of view outside the Bible.

Have Fun!!!!!!!
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 1:56:36 AM
At 5/2/2015 1:08:37 AM, olivetwo wrote:
This thread mean no HARM. I am just invited all the ATHEIST of this site to put all their testimony why you don't believe that GOD doesn't exist. Now let excluded the BIBLE, that might be one of your reason. No bible at all. This will be aside from the Bible. Non Atheist can join, If they encountered an ATHEIST testimony. This is just for Testimony, please don't derail the thread. Just want to listen their point of view outside the Bible.

Have Fun!!!!!!!

Lets start from the other end of the spectrum, and work our way down.

Its a big flippin' universe. I can't honestly say what is out there beyond my own limited scope and influence. Its huge. Massive. The size of just our solar system defies human comprehension for understanding of that sheer amount of void AND mass, and that is just "locally" in the realm of things we have seen "up close".

So, we have this big existence conjured into existing by a... creature? entity? Persona? ... of such unimaginable power, that all that we see and understand is something He/She/It (they?) made by force of will alone.

^^^ All of that, I can roll along with. But... "religion", at least those interested in your submission don't stop there. Here is where it gets interesting.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, but decided to populate it. Again, I can roll along with that.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, but decided to also create a special place of eternal bliss and reward. Why? Dunno, but it did.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe also created servitors. For reasons. Not sure why an entity like that needs help, but here we are.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, the servitors, the special place of reward, but also engineered a sub-sub creature that it gave free will to, much like it itself did. There are reasons for this, to be sure, but they sort of conflict with "omniscience", so lets stick a pin in that for a few.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, the servitors, the special please of reward, the sub sub creature with free will, but then it also created a place of eternal torment, that it would send the sub sub creature with free will to should it not do what the Entity wants.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe created the servitors, the place of reward and punishment, the sub sub creature... but then decided not to reveal itself in any meaningful way. Point of fact, It rely on the imperfect translations, hoped the inherent flaws of the sub sub creature wouldn't muck up the message it might have indirectly delivered, killed off the sub sub creature en masse (not specifically due to the sub sub creature's mistakes), but professes undying love to said sub sub creature, and nothing but the best for it. Even after it creates a place of eternal torment for those that don't, can't, or won't follow the tenements indirectly revealed countless thousands of years ago.

My question about "God" is why must and how must He/She/It (They?) be exactly as described by those least qualified (that being humans) to do so?

Is it more reasonable that such an entity exists exactly as described with all the same motives, agendas and literary foils (against all convention and common sense)...

or that...

Is it more reasonable that such an entity doesn't exist as described.
Such an entity may have SOME of the qualities mentioned.
Such an entity is not at all as described,
Or that such an entity doesn't exist to begin with.

Couple my suggestion with my opener: its a big fire-truckin' universe, and the hard evidence of such a He/She/It (They?) can only be found in the philosophical questions of us pondering our own existence, and the qualities we give to He/She/It (They?) to satisfy the questions we might have beyond our own life, and the existence around us.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:03:20 AM
At 5/2/2015 1:56:36 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

Its a big flippin' universe. I can't honestly say what is out there beyond my own limited scope and influence. Its huge. Massive. The size of just our solar system defies human comprehension for understanding of that sheer amount of void AND mass, and that is just "locally" in the realm of things we have seen "up close".

So, we have this big existence conjured into existing by a... creature? entity? Persona? ... of such unimaginable power, that all that we see and understand is something He/She/It (they?) made by force of will alone.

^^^ All of that, I can roll along with. But... "religion", at least those interested in your submission don't stop there. Here is where it gets interesting.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, but decided to populate it. Again, I can roll along with that.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, but decided to also create a special place of eternal bliss and reward. Why? Dunno, but it did.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe also created servitors. For reasons. Not sure why an entity like that needs help, but here we are.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, the servitors, the special place of reward, but also engineered a sub-sub creature that it gave free will to, much like it itself did. There are reasons for this, to be sure, but they sort of conflict with "omniscience", so lets stick a pin in that for a few.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe, the servitors, the special please of reward, the sub sub creature with free will, but then it also created a place of eternal torment, that it would send the sub sub creature with free will to should it not do what the Entity wants.

This creature/entity/persona not only created the universe created the servitors, the place of reward and punishment, the sub sub creature... but then decided not to reveal itself in any meaningful way. Point of fact, It rely on the imperfect translations, hoped the inherent flaws of the sub sub creature wouldn't muck up the message it might have indirectly delivered, killed off the sub sub creature en masse (not specifically due to the sub sub creature's mistakes), but professes undying love to said sub sub creature, and nothing but the best for it. Even after it creates a place of eternal torment for those that don't, can't, or won't follow the tenements indirectly revealed countless thousands of years ago.

My question about "God" is why must and how must He/She/It (They?) be exactly as described by those least qualified (that being humans) to do so?

Is it more reasonable that such an entity exists exactly as described with all the same motives, agendas and literary foils (against all convention and common sense)...

or that...

Couple my suggestion with my opener: its a big fire-truckin' universe, and the hard evidence of such a He/She/It (They?) can only be found in the philosophical questions of us pondering our own existence, and the qualities we give to He/She/It (They?) to satisfy the questions we might have beyond our own life, and the existence around us.

Wow, that was so deep....
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:10:09 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:03:20 AM, olivetwo wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Ats what she said.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:11:51 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:10:09 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Ats what she said.
are you an ATHeiST?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:14:55 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:11:51 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:10:09 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Ats what she said.
are you an ATHeiST?

Funny capital letters aside, yes.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:38:03 AM
I am just invited all the ATHEIST of this site to put all their testimony why you don't believe that GOD doesn't exist.

Olive, I'm sure you'll have many responses to this. I don't mean to present a whole account, but will summarise some thoughts.

Regarding a deistic creator of the universe, I doubt that the universe was created intelligently and purposefully with any definition of intelligence and purpose meaningful to man. Scale and complexity are not in themselves measures of intelligence; and anyone insisting that the universe is evidence of purpose has a burden to at least define the purpose it is supposed to evidence. I have yet to see a credible claim in this respect; nor can I conceive one. So I am a skeptical agnostic with respect to deism.

Regarding theism, that's a human claim to moral and intellectual authority by revelation. Claims to theological authority are grandiose, and therefore need independent evidence of matchless intellectual and moral acuity for legitimacy. However, when assessed independently, the intellectual and moral acuity of claimants is not matchless. Claimants' thought is typically vague, banal, plagiarised, ignorant, and frequently conflicted and outright wrong.

So is there a better explanation for revelation than that it's true?

As it happens there is. We now have sufficient psychosocial understanding of revelation that it can be induced in some unbelievers on demand. (See for example the video linked at right.) So we must now accept empirically that revelation isn't evidence of transcendental insight, but does offer diagnostic criteria supporting psychosocial delusion. We also know that revelation has been falsified for political purposes time and again.

Thus claims based on the authority of revelation where claimants are unable to pass simple, independent tests for moral or intellectual acuity can be ignored without further evidence. To the best of my knowledge that's every faith ever studied.

Finally, I believe that not to reject and oppose invalid theological claims is morally, socially and intellectually dangerous. Enduring religions become adept at claiming authority over people when they are vulnerable and least capable of critical thought: the young, the anguished, the insecure, the ignorant and desperate. They have a pathology of exploiting vulnerability without accountability to their adherents, and of never letting go. So however innocently it might begin, religion quickly becomes a tool for man's oppression of man, and religious hegemonism constantly undermines, co-opts and opposes those qualities that I think best help man liberate himself and his fellows -- in particular: compassion, fraternity and empirical inquiry.

I hope that may be useful.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 6:25:17 AM

Have Fun!!!!!!!

You have the wrong description for an atheist.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:56:20 AM

Have Fun!!!!!!! : :

At one time in my life, just before our Creator spoke into my mind, I would have considered myself an atheist. At that time, when I was 25 years old, I viewed the people on this planet as rejects from other civilizations that lived on other planets other than this one. The rejects were people who committed crimes in these other civilizations or for other reasons that none of us had the answers for. This explained to me why we all look differently and why we acted so violently towards one another.

Since that moment our Creator came into my mind to let me know who He was, I've been on a totally different path to the point where I am now being used by Him to testify to His knowledge and learn who we really are. Since then, I have been used by our Creator to find people He has chosen to listen to the knowledge He wants them to hear. The people our Creator has chosen to listen to His Voice are not typically religious at all. Most of them have learned that religious people are hypocrites or have never believed in the religious dogma that is taught by religious leaders.

I have met several people who our Creator has put in my path who thought they were atheists until they started listening to this knowledge that I possess. They are learning that the gods of religious people are only imaginary gods that they were forced to obey as they were growing up in their religious homes and communities. Most atheists I have met are way more open-minded to hear the Truth than most theists who believe in religious dogma that is taught to them by false prophets. Once theists accept the lies of these false prophets, it's very difficult for them to believe that our Creator is not religious at all.

I can understand people's thoughts from their point of view because of my atheist viewpoint I once had in the past and my experience as a Christian for a few years after our Creator got me involved in it back in 1984.

Now that I know I possess the knowledge of our Creator, I can help anyone who listens to this knowledge get to understand that the labels they put on themselves in this world such as being an atheist, Christian, Muslim, agnostic, etc. are meaningless to our Creator. So any testimony in this thread by an atheist could be very deceiving to those who read them. It could very well be that anyone of these atheists in this forum were meant to listen to the knowledge of our Creator that I've been sharing.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:49:36 AM
At 5/2/2015 9:56:20 AM, bornofgod wrote:

At one time in my life, just before our Creator spoke into my mind, I would have considered myself an atheist. At that time, when I was 25 years old, I viewed the people on this planet as rejects from other civilizations that lived on other planets other than this one. The rejects were people who committed crimes in these other civilizations or for other reasons that none of us had the answers for. This explained to me why we all look differently and why we acted so violently towards one another.

Since that moment our Creator came into my mind to let me know who He was, I've been on a totally different path to the point where I am now being used by Him to testify to His knowledge and learn who we really are. Since then, I have been used by our Creator to find people He has chosen to listen to the knowledge He wants them to hear. The people our Creator has chosen to listen to His Voice are not typically religious at all. Most of them have learned that religious people are hypocrites or have never believed in the religious dogma that is taught by religious leaders.

I have met several people who our Creator has put in my path who thought they were atheists until they started listening to this knowledge that I possess. They are learning that the gods of religious people are only imaginary gods that they were forced to obey as they were growing up in their religious homes and communities. Most atheists I have met are way more open-minded to hear the Truth than most theists who believe in religious dogma that is taught to them by false prophets. Once theists accept the lies of these false prophets, it's very difficult for them to believe that our Creator is not religious at all.

I can understand people's thoughts from their point of view because of my atheist viewpoint I once had in the past and my experience as a Christian for a few years after our Creator got me involved in it back in 1984.

Now that I know I possess the knowledge of our Creator, I can help anyone who listens to this knowledge get to understand that the labels they put on themselves in this world such as being an atheist, Christian, Muslim, agnostic, etc. are meaningless to our Creator. So any testimony in this thread by an atheist could be very deceiving to those who read them. It could very well be that anyone of these atheists in this forum were meant to listen to the knowledge of our Creator that I've been sharing.

And yet, another thread derailed by your insanity. Could you be any more dishonest with your intent? That's okay, the mods don't give a flying fvck.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 11:22:11 AM

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Umm no it wasn't, to a sixteen yr old perhaps, but not to a thinking adult.
You won't find any of those in religious circles unfortunately.
You do have many years for an opportunity of enlightenment, I wish you luck.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 12:09:54 PM
At 5/2/2015 10:49:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And yet, another thread derailed by your insanity. Could you be any more dishonest with your intent? That's okay, the mods don't give a flying fvck. : :

Why are you derailing this thread with your accusations against me?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:01:46 PM

Have Fun!!!!!!!

Underlined above: double negative. To be clear, I don't think god exist.

As far as your question - I see no need for me to justify rejection of arbitrary claims for god. If there were evidence god existed then you could rightly ask why non believers reject god, but this is not the case.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 2:56:40 PM
At 5/2/2015 12:09:54 PM, bornofgod wrote:

And yet, another thread derailed by your insanity. Could you be any more dishonest with your intent? That's okay, the mods don't give a flying fvck. : :

At 3/31/2015 7:02:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Proselytizing:

The policy on proselytizing is this:

Please refrain from using other threads as an opportunity to preach. Comments that are unrelated to the broader discussion of a thread and are only intended to bring attention to a specific religious message detracts from the quality of the forums in the same way that spam does. Accordingly, proselytizing in response to threads will be flagged as spam.

Basically, don"t hijack threads to spread your gospel- create a new thread related to your topic, don"t spam the board with new threads on ANY topic.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:26:13 PM
At 5/2/2015 2:56:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/2/2015 12:09:54 PM, bornofgod wrote:

At 3/31/2015 7:02:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
MODERATOR UPDATE:

Proselytizing:

The policy on proselytizing is this:

Please refrain from using other threads as an opportunity to preach. Comments that are unrelated to the broader discussion of a thread and are only intended to bring attention to a specific religious message detracts from the quality of the forums in the same way that spam does. Accordingly, proselytizing in response to threads will be flagged as spam.

Basically, don"t hijack threads to spread your gospel- create a new thread related to your topic, don"t spam the board with new threads on ANY topic.

http://www.debate.org... : :

You have clue what proselytizing means.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 4:28:11 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:38:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
I am just invited all the ATHEIST of this site to put all their testimony why you don't believe that GOD doesn't exist.

Olive, I'm sure you'll have many responses to this. I don't mean to present a whole account, but will summarise some thoughts.

Regarding a deistic creator of the universe, I doubt that the universe was created intelligently and purposefully with any definition of intelligence and purpose meaningful to man. Scale and complexity are not in themselves measures of intelligence; and anyone insisting that the universe is evidence of purpose has a burden to at least define the purpose it is supposed to evidence. I have yet to see a credible claim in this respect; nor can I conceive one. So I am a skeptical agnostic with respect to deism.

Regarding theism, that's a human claim to moral and intellectual authority by revelation. Claims to theological authority are grandiose, and therefore need independent evidence of matchless intellectual and moral acuity for legitimacy. However, when assessed independently, the intellectual and moral acuity of claimants is not matchless. Claimants' thought is typically vague, banal, plagiarised, ignorant, and frequently conflicted and outright wrong.

As it happens there is. We now have sufficient psychosocial understanding of revelation that it can be induced in some unbelievers on demand. (See for example the video linked at right.) So we must now accept empirically that revelation isn't evidence of transcendental insight, but does offer diagnostic criteria supporting psychosocial delusion. We also know that revelation has been falsified for political purposes time and again.

Thus claims based on the authority of revelation where claimants are unable to pass simple, independent tests for moral or intellectual acuity can be ignored without further evidence. To the best of my knowledge that's every faith ever studied.

Finally, I believe that not to reject and oppose invalid theological claims is morally, socially and intellectually dangerous. Enduring religions become adept at claiming authority over people when they are vulnerable and least capable of critical thought: the young, the anguished, the insecure, the ignorant and desperate. They have a pathology of exploiting vulnerability without accountability to their adherents, and of never letting go. So however innocently it might begin, religion quickly becomes a tool for man's oppression of man, and religious hegemonism constantly undermines, co-opts and opposes those qualities that I think best help man liberate himself and his fellows -- in particular: compassion, fraternity and empirical inquiry.

Thanks Sir......
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 4:33:22 AM

That was cool, I guess?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 4:34:38 AM

And yet, another thread derailed by your insanity. Could you be any more dishonest with your intent? That's okay, the mods don't give a flying fvck.

DanneJeRusse, are you an Atheist?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 4:37:08 AM
At 5/2/2015 11:22:11 AM, bulproof wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Thanks Bulproof! I know you are an Atheist, if I am not mistaken, tell me your experienced.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 4:50:02 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:38:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

I like the video....
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 9:08:58 AM
At 5/6/2015 4:34:38 AM, olivetwo wrote:

No, I'm a human.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:46:40 AM
Just what kind of 'Testimony' are you looking for? Unlike conversions to religion atheism is usually not 'amazing' or 'transformative'. It is a realization that religion in general is not sensible or logical and that there is no evidence to support any of their base beliefs in a supernatural deity or deities. For me it was gradual, taking a few years before I finally shed the last vestige of my Southern Baptist upbringing and accepted the logical conclusion that I had been wrong for much of my existence. It was an epiphany of sorts but still felt like the conclusion of a very long research project.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:59:17 AM
At 5/6/2015 4:37:08 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 5/2/2015 11:22:11 AM, bulproof wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

or that...

Thanks Bulproof! I know you are an Atheist, if I am not mistaken, tell me your experienced.

I know you are an Atheist
and
if I am not mistaken

Are mutually exclusive.
I grew up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:16:39 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:46:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
Just what kind of 'Testimony' are you looking for? Unlike conversions to religion atheism is usually not 'amazing' or 'transformative'. It is a realization that religion in general is not sensible or logical and that there is no evidence to support any of their base beliefs in a supernatural deity or deities. For me it was gradual, taking a few years before I finally shed the last vestige of my Southern Baptist upbringing and accepted the logical conclusion that I had been wrong for much of my existence. It was an epiphany of sorts but still felt like the conclusion of a very long research project.

Ditto.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:47:09 PM
At 5/6/2015 9:08:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/6/2015 4:34:38 AM, olivetwo wrote:

No, I'm a human.

Oh, that's fine. Thanks a lot you are a human.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 12:59:24 AM

That is a testimony, I guess?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:03:58 AM
At 5/2/2015 2:01:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

As far as your question - I see no need for me to justify rejection of arbitrary claims for god. If there were evidence god existed then you could rightly ask why non believers reject god, but this is not the case.

Skepticalone ;....To be clear, I don't think god exist.

Then, why do you think that God don't exist?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:33:35 AM
At 5/7/2015 1:03:58 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 5/2/2015 2:01:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Have Fun!!!!!!!

Skepticalone ;....To be clear, I don't think god exist.

Then, why do you think that God don't exist?

That was covered in my previous answer, Olive, but I will try to make it a bit more clear.

Without objective evidence, there is no reason to have an objective conclusion. Theist have no objective evidence God exists, thus I reject their conclusion as unjustified.

It seems silly to ask why someone disbelieves a claim for which there is no support.

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 8:33:40 AM
At 5/7/2015 12:59:24 AM, olivetwo wrote:

This is probably as close as you're going to get to 'testimony' from any atheist. We don't have 'divine revelations' or 'Christ suddenly filling our heart' or anything dramatic like that. While I can't speak for every atheist, for me it was just a realization logic and reason are sufficient to live a good life and I didn't need a mythical sky god, a cruel and jealous sky god at that, to tell me how to treat others. See, atheism is a stance based on thought and reason, not emotion and 'revelation' that cannot be proven in any objective fashion. It is not just another religion so please do not think of it as such.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 10:38:21 PM
At 5/7/2015 8:33:40 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 5/7/2015 12:59:24 AM, olivetwo wrote:

This is probably as close as you're going to get to 'testimony' from any atheist. We don't have 'divine revelations' or 'Christ suddenly filling our heart' or anything dramatic like that. While I can't speak for every atheist, for me it was just a realization logic and reason are sufficient to live a good life and I didn't need a mythical sky god, a cruel and jealous sky god at that, to tell me how to treat others. See, atheism is a stance based on thought and reason, not emotion and 'revelation' that cannot be proven in any objective fashion. It is not just another religion so please do not think of it as such.

I call it. Testimony. Thanks!