Jump to topic:

Hitler considered himself a Christian

debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 3:48:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And he also probably believed he would be saved, too. I think that if the Christian God were around, he'd receive the salvation he would be due:

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Taken from this site:
http://www.nobeliefs.com...

While I don't deny the fact that all Christians are not Nazis, I hope that members of this site and others think twice before they mention "atheist regimes" and list Hitler's regime as an example. I merely do this in the spirit of correctness.

Any thoughts?
You can call me Mark if you like.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 5:52:41 PM
At 5/2/2015 3:48:04 PM, debate_power wrote:
While I don't deny the fact that all Christians are not Nazis, I hope that members of this site and others think twice before they mention "atheist regimes" and list Hitler's regime as an example. I merely do this in the spirit of correctness.
Any thoughts?

Nazism had its own Christian nationalistic movement called 'Positive Christianity', incorporating Nazi ideology, racial purity and Christian ideas. One could view it as a theological wing of a political ideology as easily as the reverse. As well as allaying fears of christians, it offered an opportunity to incorporate religious belief into Nazism and gradually Nazify it.

We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Germanic race. The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within on the framework: The good of the state before the good of the individual -- NSDAP Party Programme Feb 2, 1920

Like many dictators, Hitler was an egregious opportunist. While he identified as Christian in public (such as in the April 12, 1922 speech you quoted, DP), historians believe he was hostile to Christianity in private.

But the problem here is that it's hard to entirely separate politics and religion. Religion is frequently a nationalistic force, and even an atheistic dictator like Stalin used the church when it suited him (and reciprocally, the church let him, in order to regain part of its power.)

More broadly, there's nothing in atheism to say one shouldn't be a cruel, totalitarian oppressor, but there's also nothing in atheism to say that such a thing is right. On the other hand, there's plenty in monotheism to say that persecution, murder and genocide are okay if you have a divine mandate for it, and it's not hard to cook up a mandate theologically, since theology is so facile at cooking up nearly anything.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 10:21:39 PM
And he also probably believed he would be saved, too. I think that if the Christian God were around, he'd receive the salvation he would be due:

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

Taken from this site:

Any thoughts? : :

The U.S. military is full of men who use Christianity as an excuse to antagonize and kill the enemy for economic reasons. There isn't any difference between Nazis and the U.S. corporate militants.

God has planned to kill all flesh by the end of this age so we will never experience Christianity, Nazis, corporations and men's governments in the New Heaven and Earth.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 2:28:44 AM
If the holocaust was the will of God, he couldn't have chosen a better man to accomplish his will.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 5:48:45 AM
At 5/2/2015 10:21:39 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Taken from this site:

The U.S. military is full of men who use Christianity as an excuse to antagonize and kill the enemy for economic reasons. There isn't any difference between Nazis and the U.S. corporate militants.

God has planned to kill all flesh by the end of this age so we will never experience Christianity, Nazis, corporations and men's governments in the New Heaven and Earth.

Some street corner doomsday prophets use Christianity as an excuse to kill everyone on earth in their morbid sick and twisted fantasies. Not for economic reasons but for pure egotistical ones, public recognition, any form is OK as all bad boys seeking such have learned.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 5:54:44 AM
At 5/3/2015 2:28:44 AM, Gentorev wrote:
If the holocaust was the will of God, he couldn't have chosen a better man to accomplish his will.

The Iranians ask "What holocaust?" All of WW II was a holocaust for 61 million people, what makes one group special? And they have a point. Btw, Hitler believed in the Thule Group's Aryan White Brotherhood theosophy akin to Blavasky's theosophy of Ascended Masters. About as "Christian" as Mormonism or Branch Davidians or Santaria for that matter.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:54:07 AM

Lol the guy was no genius, just sounds like a twisted meaning not even really relevant to anything Christian or spiritual, he sounds like a retarded "Christian" if one at all, probably more catholic if anything. This is not a fella who knows a lick of beans about spirituality, you gotta watch these stupid political leaders and their motives it's all the same crap.
Jesus tearing through His Fathers house turning over a few tables simply because it was not supposed to be a place of business is no example to persecute Jews LOL that's just idiocy, Jesus never "summoned" us to persecute anyone and his method was nothing like Hitler quite the opposite, Jesus knew that the power of love was greater than hate and force that it why He submitted to his capture rather than have him and his men fight.This is just a poor example in my opinion and is common among politics these people are con men not spiritual men. Real spiritual men don't need material power and this type of mentality, a real spiritual man knows how the spirit operates and understands humility, sacrifice, meekness, discipline, self control, meditation and prayer, love ect.

Taken from this site:

Any thoughts?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:00:24 AM
At 5/3/2015 5:54:44 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

The Iranians ask "What holocaust?" All of WW II was a holocaust for 61 million people, what makes one group special? And they have a point. Btw, Hitler believed in the Thule Group's Aryan White Brotherhood theosophy akin to Blavasky's theosophy of Ascended Masters. About as "Christian" as Mormonism or Branch Davidians or Santaria for that matter.

Yeah I heard this too, interesting but I'm not sure I buy into it for one, Hitler shows zero signs of having any spiritual aspects to himself at all. This guy has no concept of spirituality or spiritual principles, just shows signs of being a racist political idiot, this has nothing at all to do with the spiritual.
The "ascended masters" are those who serve and give to humanity, this system of belief is based on the opposite of what Hitler was attempting to accomplish so while I'm not saying you're wrong I just see no signs of it being true.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:10:17 AM
At 5/3/2015 8:00:24 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yeah I heard this too, interesting but I'm not sure I buy into it for one, Hitler shows zero signs of having any spiritual aspects to himself at all. This guy has no concept of spirituality or spiritual principles, just shows signs of being a racist political idiot, this has nothing at all to do with the spiritual.
The "ascended masters" are those who serve and give to humanity, this system of belief is based on the opposite of what Hitler was attempting to accomplish so while I'm not saying you're wrong I just see no signs of it being true.

A brief description...
"An Ascended Master, in such an understanding, has become God-like and a source of unconditional "Divine Love" to all life, and through the Ascension has united with his or her own "God Self," the "I AM Presence."
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:18:57 AM
We all live in an envelope of our own BS. It's called "ego". So it doesn't really matter what any one of us believes or proclaims about ourselves. What matters is who we become because of those beliefs and proclamations. Or sometimes, in spite of them.

Hitler did not act alone. A whole nation followed him. And he did not die in 1945. There are still plenty of Hitlers walking among us, today. And maybe even inside of us.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:13:38 AM
At 5/3/2015 5:48:45 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 5/2/2015 10:21:39 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Taken from this site:

Some street corner doomsday prophets use Christianity as an excuse to kill everyone on earth in their morbid sick and twisted fantasies. Not for economic reasons but for pure egotistical ones, public recognition, any form is OK as all bad boys seeking such have learned. : :

The knowledge of God that I possess has taught me how God will end this first age and how we'll be experiencing life in Paradise.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 4:46:23 AM

World war 11, was not the holocaust mate. The holocaust was, in the main, Hitler's attempt to wipe out the Jewish race. Admittedly, not all victims that were rounded up in Hitler's net, were Jews, but all Jews caught in his net were victims. No one can deny that Jewish people were the primary targets of the Nazis. But neither should the other victims of the Nazis, ie, prisoners of war, homosexuals, mentally retarded people, conscientious objectors, etc, etc, be forgotten.