Jump to topic:

Contradictions in the Bible.

olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 5:24:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Now, this one is for all. Tell me your top 10 list of contradictions in the Bible.

Rules.
1. Nobody must dare to answer.
2. Don't derail the thread, please. Be professional.
3. No One to post the same verses, unless with different questions or different thoughts.
4. Can put thought after the verses were given-explanation why is it Contradict to each other.
5. Have Fun!
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:27:16 AM
At 5/6/2015 5:24:44 AM, olivetwo wrote:
Now, this one is for all. Tell me your top 10 list of contradictions in the Bible.

Rules.
3. No One to post the same verses, unless with different questions or different thoughts.
4. Can put thought after the verses were given-explanation why is it Contradict to each other.
5. Have Fun!

I fail to understand why you are not aware of the paradox you have created. Rule number one states, "nobody must dare to answer," yet your introductory statement reads, "tell me your top ten list of contradictions in the bible. Is it an attempt at irony?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:32:58 AM

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

I'll give you the number 1 contradiction of them all....CHRISTIANITY!!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:37:26 AM

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Too many to list.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 12:08:43 PM
I am not obsessed with the contradictions. I wouldn't expect anything else from a work built like the Bible. What is more problematic is the content.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 5:02:06 PM

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

1st Chronicles GNB 2: 18; "Jesse had two daughters, Zeruiah and Abigail. Other bibles state that Zeruiah and Abigail were the sisters to David. One is a correct translation, while the other is an erroneous interpretation, which hides a vital truth.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 8:44:22 PM

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Acts 9: 7; states that the men who were with Saul heard the voice that spoke to him but didn't see anyone, while in Acts 22: 9; it is said that the men who were with Saul did NOT hear the voice that spoke to Saul.

This is an apparent contradiction which can easily be explained, by any serious bible student. Anyone care to try?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 11:59:08 PM
At 5/6/2015 10:01:37 AM, dee-em wrote:

Rules.

Then what is the point?

Then we tackle that on different thread if you would like? But not here! Just looking for something to discuss, Dee-em I told this so many times, I mean no harm. Let us just enjoy the benefits of this site.

I am just wondering some members here are so lack of considerations? Bad thinking, I guess the right word to say, so sorry!
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 12:03:34 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:27:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

I fail to understand why you are not aware of the paradox you have created. Rule number one states, "nobody must dare to answer," yet your introductory statement reads, "tell me your top ten list of contradictions in the bible. Is it an attempt at irony?

I don't see any paradox my friend, might be of how you interpret the message?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 12:08:28 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:27:16 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Then tell me what is the right way to say?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:08:33 AM
At 5/6/2015 11:37:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Too many to list.

Just give me your Top Ten list.
Dichasium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 4:21:17 AM
At 5/6/2015 12:08:43 PM, TBR wrote:
I am not obsessed with the contradictions. I wouldn't expect anything else from a work built like the Bible. What is more problematic is the content.
I thought I was replying to bullitproof but it seems not. (I've just joined and haven't got the hang of this site yet). Anyway, Epicurus could not anser his own questions because he failed to understand the concept of impartial universal love (as do atheists).
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 5:04:04 AM
Surely this olive person should have much better things to do if they are only 16, like schoolwork, rather than posting rather immature threads on this forum?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 5:45:49 AM
At 5/6/2015 11:59:08 PM, olivetwo wrote:
At 5/6/2015 10:01:37 AM, dee-em wrote:

Rules.

Then what is the point?

Then we tackle that on different thread if you would like? But not here! Just looking for something to discuss, Dee-em I told this so many times, I mean no harm. Let us just enjoy the benefits of this site.

This site is for discussion. You want something to discuss but nobody must answer. How does that make sense?

I am just wondering some members here are so lack of considerations? Bad thinking, I guess the right word to say, so sorry!

Your English is such that I have no clue what you are trying to say. Never mind.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 3:51:32 AM
At 5/7/2015 5:04:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Surely this olive person should have much better things to do if they are only 16, like schoolwork, rather than posting rather immature threads on this forum?

School work. yes. And immature threads, ask Dee-em?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 3:58:25 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:32:58 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Yes, that is correct. All saying that they are Christian, contradict each other. That is why Atheist convinced that there is no God. It is because to them that say they are Christians but not. And you are one of those victims.

Thanks to that reply, that is someday I will put on a new thread.

" THE COMPARISON "

Soooon.........
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:01:53 AM
At 5/6/2015 12:08:43 PM, TBR wrote:

Me too, TBR. Thanks for giving me a way to do another thread. The Title is ...

" The problematic content of the Bible? "

Watch out for it!
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:05:41 AM
War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

I saw this online.....

http://infidels.org...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 7:54:16 AM

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

But what if they aren't really contradictions?

In fact there isn not one real contradiction in scripture, simply a lot of misunderstood scriptures and some reporting differences that don't actually contradict each other.

The bible is the word of God. He does not contradict himself so if we find what why think is a contradiction we need to aske ourselves where we have gone wrong.

However if we are not allowed to answer, and correct misunderstandings there is no point whatever to this thread.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 9:15:55 AM
At 5/10/2015 7:54:16 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

In fact there isn not one real contradiction in scripture, simply a lot of misunderstood scriptures and some reporting differences that don't actually contradict each other.

The bible is the word of God. He does not contradict himself so if we find what why think is a contradiction we need to aske ourselves where we have gone wrong.

However if we are not allowed to answer, and correct misunderstandings there is no point whatever to this thread.

Mad, you contradicting what the bible says doesn't make the original contradiction not contradictory.
The bible claims that Judas committed suicide by hanging himself.
The bible claims that Judas fell over and his guts burst open.
Tell the lies that you need to claim in order that these contradictions are not contradictions and supply the scriptural passages that support such claims.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 9:17:33 AM
At 5/10/2015 4:05:41 AM, olivetwo wrote:
War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

I saw this online.....

http://infidels.org...

Joseph was a very common name in those days as it is today and there are many by the name Joseph in the bible. You appear to be confusing Joseph the son of Heli, with Joseph the son of Jacob, who had no sexual contact with Mary until after she had given birth to Jesus, the first of her three biological sons, which Joseph is the son of Jacob and is about the 24th descendant to Solomon through the cursed line of Jehioachin, while the Joseph who is the biological father of Jesus, was the son of Alexander Helios=Heli, who is the 40th descendant of Nathan the half brother to Solomon.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 9:32:30 AM
At 5/10/2015 3:58:25 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 5/6/2015 10:32:58 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Yes, that is correct. All saying that they are Christian, contradict each other. That is why Atheist convinced that there is no God. It is because to them that say they are Christians but not. And you are one of those victims.

Thanks to that reply, that is someday I will put on a new thread.

" THE COMPARISON "

Soooon.........

Oh I'm not a victim. I believe in the one True God of Israel and Jesus the Christ. I believe in the God and Jesus of the Bible, not the gods of Christianity, they worship pagan idols.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 11:30:32 AM
At 5/10/2015 9:15:55 AM, bulproof wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Mad, you contradicting what the bible says doesn't make the original contradiction not contradictory.
Tell the lies that you need to claim in order that these contradictions are not contradictions and supply the scriptural passages that support such claims.

No, they are not contradictions, they are two consecutive halves of the same event. He hanged himself but failed to kill himself because either the rope, or whatever he hanged himself from, broke and pitched him down into the valley.

As I said, if yu think you have found a contradiction, as you did, you need to ask yourself where you have gone wrong.

However you seem incapable of doing that. Hardly surprising really.

That would be obvious if you had a brain to think with. But then................................

I have not contradicted what the Bible says, everything I teach comes from the bible.

I may have contradicted a few people's wrong understandings, but I have not contradicted scripture, and never will.
Pro-lifeConservative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 11:50:03 AM
At 5/6/2015 5:02:06 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

1st Chronicles GNB 2: 18; "Jesse had two daughters, Zeruiah and Abigail. Other bibles state that Zeruiah and Abigail were the sisters to David. One is a correct translation, while the other is an erroneous interpretation, which hides a vital truth.

Actually, David was the son of Jesse. So, Jesse having daughters who are sisters to Jesse's son is correct. There is no contradiction there, or anywhere in the Bible!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
"For no man can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 1:27:57 PM
At 5/10/2015 11:30:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/10/2015 9:15:55 AM, bulproof wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

No, they are not contradictions, they are two consecutive halves of the same event. He hanged himself but failed to kill himself because either the rope, or whatever he hanged himself from, broke and pitched him down into the valley.
Show me the passage that claims a valley.
Why would his guts burst open if he failed to hang himself and provide the evidence from scripture that supports this claim.
As I said, if yu think you have found a contradiction, as you did, you need to ask yourself where you have gone wrong.
No! I have provided the contradiction, you need to supply the scripture that proves the contradiction wrong.
However you seem incapable of doing that. Hardly surprising really.
I've provided the contradiction and you have failed to refute it using your holy scripture.

That would be obvious if you had a brain to think with. But then................................
Pathetic childish retorts are all you have. Try to support your claim.
I have not contradicted what the Bible says, everything I teach comes from the bible.
Who gives a rat's toss. The bible contradicts itself and you are incapable of refuting that statement using the bible.
I may have contradicted a few people's wrong understandings, but I have not contradicted scripture, and never will.
Your hubris may be impressive to you and the jehovians, but it is meaningless within this context.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 1:30:44 PM
At 5/10/2015 11:50:03 AM, Pro-lifeConservative wrote:
At 5/6/2015 5:02:06 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Rules.
5. Have Fun!

Actually, David was the son of Jesse. So, Jesse having daughters who are sisters to Jesse's son is correct. There is no contradiction there, or anywhere in the Bible!

Try the alleged death of Judas.