Jump to topic:

A Christian Nation

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:54:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
They designed it, they built it and they largely run it, but they are always the first to complain that everything is all screwed up and on a downward spiral.

Sounds to me like we shouldn't let you Christians design and build anything else let alone fix something you built that does not work right in the first place.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 9:06:42 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:54:57 PM, Accipiter wrote:
They designed it, they built it and they largely run it, but they are always the first to complain that everything is all screwed up and on a downward spiral.

Sounds to me like we shouldn't let you Christians design and build anything else let alone fix something you built that does not work right in the first place.

Check your history. Many if not a majority of the Founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians, and they took pains to be sure that no Christian wording or dogma made it into the Constitution and the tried to be sure it stayed that way with the Bill of Rights. They had experienced first hand what can happen when the state and the church are one and intentionally built that wall to keep them apart, a wall that the current crop of right wing politicians seem intent on dismantling despite numerous failed attempts in the past.

One even went so far as to say that people should disregard the SCOTUS if it rules that same sex marriage was unconstitutional. Sad, really, when he celebrated when SCOTUS decided that Chik Fil A didn't have to provide birth control to its employees as part of its health care package because the owner was Christian. I guess the court's only right when they agree with him.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:08:43 PM
At 5/7/2015 12:58:14 PM, mmorado wrote:
im trying to figure out why people think we are a christian nation, when we never was.

It's called wishful thinking and revisionist history.
mmorado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 1:32:12 PM
At 5/7/2015 1:08:43 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 5/7/2015 12:58:14 PM, mmorado wrote:
im trying to figure out why people think we are a christian nation, when we never was.

It's called wishful thinking and revisionist history.

Thats true
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 6:12:37 PM
Yes I know it's not a Christian nation but some Christians think that it is and my post is designed to be an argument against the Christians who think it is.

They are essentially complaining about how poorly what they made is performing.

I am saying we should recognize what they are saying and not give them a chance to design, build or even try to fix anything else because by their own admission their work sucks.

When I said they largely run it just ask yourself how many atheist politicians you can name.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 6:45:52 PM

I don't want to violate the TOS by calling you what you really are, so I'll just say this:

Basically what you're saying is equivalent to sabotaging the engine of a woman's car and saying "See? I told you women are too dumb to drive!" when the car messes up.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:42:39 PM
At 5/7/2015 6:45:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I don't want to violate the TOS by calling you what you really are, so I'll just say this:

Basically what you're saying is equivalent to sabotaging the engine of a woman's car and saying "See? I told you women are too dumb to drive!" when the car messes up.

So what you are saying is America has been sabotaged? Sounds like a conspiracy.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:34:08 AM

Are Christians running the show or is God running it?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:49:29 AM
At 5/8/2015 2:34:08 AM, baddebater wrote:

If god were running it would Christians ceaselessly complaine about it?
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:59:42 AM
At 5/7/2015 6:45:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The only sabotage here is Christians trying to rewrite history and subvert the measures set up by the founding fathers to keep religion and government separate. How many times do the courts have to say that you can't mix the two before Christians learn that it's not their right to tell others how to live?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:03:16 AM
Yes, America is a Christian Nation. It's known as a Christian Nation now around the world because Evangelical Christians managed to create that image for America a long time ago--and our actions as a nation reflect Pauline Christian hypocrisy quite accurately. But once the New Christianity that is developing now as we have entered into the New Age will unite the original peoples here with the Christian faith in such a way as to cement forever Spirit of Christ consciousness in America, the land of the free..
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:08:58 AM
God has moved. Gotten fed up with whole "Holy Land" scene which it never ever was, always a land of bloodshed over who owns this, who controls that. Even ownership of God. Well, the Holy Land got its Sign of the Messiah and that's all it gets as God and the Messiah have moved across the seas to America where a new center of Spirit of Christ is unfolding in our times for leadership in the New Age because we always have led it here for the world since the 1960's.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:56:47 AM
At 5/8/2015 8:49:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:

If god were running it would Christians ceaselessly complaine about it? ::

What do you think Christians have been doing all this time while God has been running the show?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:29:35 PM
At 5/8/2015 11:56:47 AM, baddebater wrote:

What do you think Christians have been doing all this time while God has been running the show?

You are absolutely right Christians will always complain because they are to shallow to realize that they are complaining about themselves.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:34:15 PM
At 5/8/2015 9:08:58 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
God has moved. Gotten fed up with whole "Holy Land" scene which it never ever was, always a land of bloodshed over who owns this, who controls that. Even ownership of God. Well, the Holy Land got its Sign of the Messiah and that's all it gets as God and the Messiah have moved across the seas to America where a new center of Spirit of Christ is unfolding in our times for leadership in the New Age because we always have led it here for the world since the 1960's.

That's very strange thinking. Are you a member of the Mormon cult or something?
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:56:04 PM
At 5/8/2015 2:29:35 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 5/8/2015 11:56:47 AM, baddebater wrote:

You are absolutely right Christians will always complain because they are to shallow to realize that they are complaining about themselves. : :

They like to blame each other and everyone else but God for running the show.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:15:19 PM
At 5/8/2015 2:34:15 PM, Accipiter wrote:

What's so "very strange" about it? What is really strange is how Abrahamic believers could go 2500 years without ever questioning the fact Abraham was insane. Proof? If Abe tried to pull his murderous intent to knife and fry his son to appease a voice in his head in our times? Where would Abe land? In prison for the criminally insane. And yet Abraham's willingness to kill his own family member to serve a god voice is rendered "righteousness" to all Abrahamic believers. And you think spiritual awakening in America is strange..go figure..

And no, I am not a Mormon. Joe Smith did get a whiff of the coming spiritual transfer to the New World (="New Earth") but being a Gentile he didn't get the right spiritual information and still attached his Mormon theology back to Old World Bible beliefs. Salvation is of us Jews and when Gentiles get into the picture you get spiritual deformation and that ends up usually as deaths to innocents one way or another.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:08:32 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:15:19 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 5/8/2015 2:34:15 PM, Accipiter wrote:

What's so "very strange" about it? What is really strange is how Abrahamic believers could go 2500 years without ever questioning the fact Abraham was insane. Proof? If Abe tried to pull his murderous intent to knife and fry his son to appease a voice in his head in our times? Where would Abe land? In prison for the criminally insane. And yet Abraham's willingness to kill his own family member to serve a god voice is rendered "righteousness" to all Abrahamic believers. And you think spiritual awakening in America is strange..go figure..

And no, I am not a Mormon. Joe Smith did get a whiff of the coming spiritual transfer to the New World (="New Earth") but being a Gentile he didn't get the right spiritual information and still attached his Mormon theology back to Old World Bible beliefs. Salvation is of us Jews and when Gentiles get into the picture you get spiritual deformation and that ends up usually as deaths to innocents one way or another.

Wow, so what you are saying is that you are F ing insane?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 12:23:17 AM
No, you're saying that because you've run out of rational argument and are resorting to slander and ad hominen personal attack, the defense of intellectual cowards. You need to broaden your knowledge base, dude, before going off against theists who know their stuff far better than you are ever likely to. Until you wake up spiritually from your slumber you are lost in any argument with people who actually have had spiritual contact with God. Many Bible thumpers profess such contact but it usually turns out their "contact" is contact high with fellow Bible thumpers believing together that contact high in group fellowship is spiritual contact with God. It's not, usually. But sometimes it is when the real deal shows up after a couple of thousand years of no Jewish Christian prophesy leadership.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 5:08:26 AM
At 5/9/2015 12:23:17 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
No, you're saying that because you've run out of rational argument and are resorting to slander and ad hominen personal attack, the defense of intellectual cowards. You need to broaden your knowledge base, dude, before going off against theists who know their stuff far better than you are ever likely to. Until you wake up spiritually from your slumber you are lost in any argument with people who actually have had spiritual contact with God. Many Bible thumpers profess such contact but it usually turns out their "contact" is contact high with fellow Bible thumpers believing together that contact high in group fellowship is spiritual contact with God. It's not, usually. But sometimes it is when the real deal shows up after a couple of thousand years of no Jewish Christian prophesy leadership.

Don't you worry mate. We are at the close of the sixth day, soon begins the Great Sabbath of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow. The day of the Lord, when the fiery wrath of the Lord will be revealed, before which day of wrath, he will send Elijah, to choose the required number of Jews and Gentiles , who are to take the thrones that are prepared for them, to rule as Kings for a thousand years.

Coming soon is the great tribulation, when the Lord will gather the nations around Jerusalem who wish to drive his chosen people into the sea. If not for his intervention, no flesh would survive, but for the sake of his elected few, among which, you appear to be not counted, he will shorten those days, then all the survivors of the nations will send their representatives to Jerusalem each year to worship the Lord as King and to pay tribute, and woe betide the nation that refuses to do so.