Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Ask a Jew

Gentorev
Posts: 4,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 12:04:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2015 11:16:14 PM, davidpneff wrote:
Ever wonder why Jews believe what we believe or why we have certain customs? I would be happy to help!

Are you a Jew by being simply converted to the Jewish religion? Are you a Jew belonging to the tribe of Judah from which tribe the Jews are named? If Not, are you an Israelite, who practises the Religion that was established by Moses, and from which of the thirteen tribes do you belong?
The Tongue---the sharp two edged S-word that divides the spirit from the soul.
dee-em
Posts: 8,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 6:29:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2015 11:16:14 PM, davidpneff wrote:
Ever wonder why Jews believe what we believe or why we have certain customs? I would be happy to help!

Why did God create males with a foreskin on their penis if he wanted them to live their lives without one?
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:05:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So that a sexual ritual linking testosterone with aggression would arise to bring attention to that sexual linkage. Circumscribing or limiting sexual partners and aggression is part of social education now and circumcision was the first form of that education. Plus a circumcised penis is less likely to contract diseases according to clinical statistics.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:09:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2015 11:16:14 PM, davidpneff wrote:
Ever wonder why Jews believe what we believe or why we have certain customs? I would be happy to help!

Why do Jews believe in Zionism, a European religious racist theology pitting European Jews (Jewish convert descendants) against Arab Gentile Palestinians?
Harikrish
Posts: 14,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 7:37:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/7/2015 7:05:07 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
So that a sexual ritual linking testosterone with aggression would arise to bring attention to that sexual linkage. Circumscribing or limiting sexual partners and aggression is part of social education now and circumcision was the first form of that education. Plus a circumcised penis is less likely to contract diseases according to clinical statistics.

It is quite likely circumcision was a way to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Circumcision has been found quite effective against the Aids. But the real reason was the Jews practiced anal sex and circumcision helped in personal hygiene. Muslims also practice circumcision but anal sex is forbidden in their scriptures. There are 450 million Arabs and only 14 million Jews. Circumcision has not reduced the birth rate among Muslims because it does not interfere with normal sex. But anal sex has kept the Jewish population low.
dee-em
Posts: 8,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 9:00:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/7/2015 7:05:07 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
So that a sexual ritual linking testosterone with aggression would arise to bring attention to that sexual linkage.

What?

Circumscribing or limiting sexual partners and aggression is part of social education now and circumcision was the first form of that education.

Sorry, what was it teaching?

Plus a circumcised penis is less likely to contract diseases according to clinical statistics.

How does that answer my question?
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.