Jump to topic:

Gospel of Thomas

baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:05:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For there are five trees in Paradise for you; they do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not fall. Whoever knows them will not taste death."

Can anyone tell me what this means?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:26:48 AM
At 5/8/2015 3:05:52 AM, baddebater wrote:
For there are five trees in Paradise for you; they do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not fall. Whoever knows them will not taste death."

Can't you figure it out for yourself?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:34:06 AM

Are you aware of Google and Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:55:13 AM
At 5/8/2015 4:26:48 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Can't you figure it out for yourself? : :

I expect this kind of answer from someone who doesn't understand.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:00:37 AM
At 5/8/2015 4:34:06 AM, dee-em wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org... : :

If Google was the way to truth, I would have relied on it but I know better than to rely on men with no understanding.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:10:10 AM
At 5/8/2015 11:00:37 AM, baddebater wrote:

If Google was the way to truth, I would have relied on it but I know better than to rely on men with no understanding.

1. How do you know it was men?
2. How do you know they have no understanding?
3. How did you get your understanding?

I can give you the answer to 3. You got it from the Wikipedia of the Christian world, the Bible. Written by men. Men who claimed they have a way to truth. You uncritically accept it. Yet you complain about Google. Go figure.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 11:22:04 AM

That's an amazing coincidence, Scriptures was written by men with no understanding of the world around them.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 1:18:54 PM

Well...I am not gonna Google it or look it up. But instead go with my own idea. And what it means to me.

Being an Agnostic, whom is not really counting on their being an Afterlife, and of the opinion that since THIS life is the only one we can count on, so we should enjoy it to the fullest and be as sensual as we can, I think the "five trees" represent our Five Senses. And that if we use them to our utmost so as to enjoy all of the sensual delights of this world, we will not "taste death" which to me would be to be sensually dead. That is..someone who receives no enjoyment out of life.

I think that to be sensual is to be Spiritual. I can feel spiritual when I am an nature; or having great sex; or eating a juicy peach!

I know the Gnostics (where the Gospel of Thomas came from) were also of this type of belief. So I believe Thomas was speaking of our Five Senses when he wrote this. He probably just finished having great sex with a smoking hot babe on a bed or rose petals and was licking peach juice off of her taught, tanned, sleek belly.

Yes. Now THAT's paradise, baby.

Peace.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 1:42:55 PM

Amazing! They all got it wrong. The answer is simple: The five trees stand for the five books of Moses, and the "leaves" are scrolls or actual leaves in books. It stands for Torah knowledge but Judaism doesn't know the Celestial Torah so the five books of Moses are deficient in spiritual knowledge in themselves--otherwise Judaism would lead the religious world but they missed the Messiah boat following Judah's earthly torah substitute.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 1:46:20 PM
I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is a modern yet ancient form of Gnosis. I do know Gnostic exegesis and will be happy to interpret Gnostic meanings in Thomas and other Gnostic Gospels.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:37:50 PM
At 5/8/2015 11:10:10 AM, dee-em wrote:

1. How do you know it was men? : :

Most of the information that you get from the time these secret sayings were written came from men.

2. How do you know they have no understanding? : :

Because they can't understand these sayings by Thomas.

3. How did you get your understanding? : :

From the same source as the one who wrote these secret sayings in the Gospel of Thomas.

I can give you the answer to 3. You got it from the Wikipedia of the Christian world, the Bible. Written by men. Men who claimed they have a way to truth. You uncritically accept it. Yet you complain about Google. Go figure. ::

Why do you think I accept what Christians claim? Do you think I'm a follower of them?
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:41:12 PM
At 5/8/2015 11:22:04 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That's an amazing coincidence, Scriptures was written by men with no understanding of the world around them. : :

Is it possible the writers of the Bible understood more than you do?
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:47:40 PM
At 5/8/2015 1:42:55 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Amazing! They all got it wrong. The answer is simple: The five trees stand for the five books of Moses, and the "leaves" are scrolls or actual leaves in books. It stands for Torah knowledge but Judaism doesn't know the Celestial Torah so the five books of Moses are deficient in spiritual knowledge in themselves--otherwise Judaism would lead the religious world but they missed the Messiah boat following Judah's earthly torah substitute. : :

In your interpretation, Paradise is not a place. Is that correct?
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 2:53:41 PM
At 5/8/2015 1:46:20 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is a modern yet ancient form of Gnosis. I do know Gnostic exegesis and will be happy to interpret Gnostic meanings in Thomas and other Gnostic Gospels. : :

How many students do you have?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:21:50 PM
At 5/8/2015 2:47:40 PM, baddebater wrote:

Amazing! They all got it wrong. The answer is simple: The five trees stand for the five books of Moses, and the "leaves" are scrolls or actual leaves in books. It stands for Torah knowledge but Judaism doesn't know the Celestial Torah so the five books of Moses are deficient in spiritual knowledge in themselves--otherwise Judaism would lead the religious world but they missed the Messiah boat following Judah's earthly torah substitute. : :

No, it's a hypostasis, a mentality. The word actually refers to an orchard, i.e. like the Garden, it is a purposely cultivated place but only metaphorically. To desert, rock, sand and gravel dwelling believers, a Garden of Eden could be an oasis or a forest glen , someplace where trees and plants grow in profusion, unlike the desert.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:26:56 PM
At 5/8/2015 2:53:41 PM, baddebater wrote:
I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is a modern yet ancient form of Gnosis. I do know Gnostic exegesis and will be happy to interpret Gnostic meanings in Thomas and other Gnostic Gospels. : :

6 showed up time I taught at St. Stephen's Church here where I live. It's a tiny congregation though. I have dozens of followers of my spiritual visionary work, 500+ Nazareans honored me at Easter in Nazareth, Israel at the end of their annual Easter Procession through town. My Josephine Vision created a Josephine Bundle and Northern Cheyenne Keeper of it like the other two White Buffalo Calf Woman sacred Bundles. I am writing for future generations as ours are still mostly all caught up in Piscean Age religious and atheist ideas about God and the Spirit of Christ.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:56:01 PM

Amazing! They all got it wrong. The answer is simple: The five trees stand for the five books of Moses, and the "leaves" are scrolls or actual leaves in books. It stands for Torah knowledge but Judaism doesn't know the Celestial Torah so the five books of Moses are deficient in spiritual knowledge in themselves--otherwise Judaism would lead the religious world but they missed the Messiah boat following Judah's earthly torah substitute.

Amazing!

You--a self-proclaimed student of Gnosticism--could very well have it wrong! LOL

You should know that there is a good amount of evidence that indicates the early Gnostics rejected some, if not a good deal of, Mosaic Law.

Consider this, from the Wiki article on that cult........

"Although the term came into use only in the sixteenth century, the doctrine itself can be traced in the teaching of earlier beliefs.[9] Early Gnostic sects were accused of failure to follow the Mosaic Law in terms that suggest the modern term "antinomian". Some Gnostic sects did not accept parts of the Old Testament moral law. For example, the Manichaeans held that their spiritual being was unaffected by the action of matter and regarded carnal sins as being, at worst, forms of bodily disease[citation needed]. Marcionism, though technically not gnostic, rejected the Hebrew Bible in its entirety. Such deviations from the moral law were criticized by proto-orthodox rivals of the Gnostics, who ascribed various aberrant and licentious acts to them. A biblical example of such criticism can be found in Revelation 2:6"15, which criticizes the Nicolaitanes, an early Gnostic sect."

And anyway..why would one need the Torah in Paradise anyway? It would seem they already knew and followed all the requisite teachings if they were there in the first place.

So...I'm gonna stick with my Op interpretation of the "Five Trees" parable.

This is what I love about debating religion and philosopy. Unlike real science, where a layman can very rarely hold their own in debate with scientists, here, a lowly Agnostic like myself can hang right there and present equally viable ideas with self-proclaimed 'experts."

LOL.

Thanks!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:59:39 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:56:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Amazing!

You--a self-proclaimed student of Gnosticism--could very well have it wrong! LOL

You should know that there is a good amount of evidence that indicates the early Gnostics rejected some, if not a good deal of, Mosaic Law.

"Although the term came into use only in the sixteenth century, the doctrine itself can be traced in the teaching of earlier beliefs.[9] Early Gnostic sects were accused of failure to follow the Mosaic Law in terms that suggest the modern term "antinomian". Some Gnostic sects did not accept parts of the Old Testament moral law. For example, the Manichaeans held that their spiritual being was unaffected by the action of matter and regarded carnal sins as being, at worst, forms of bodily disease[citation needed]. Marcionism, though technically not gnostic, rejected the Hebrew Bible in its entirety. Such deviations from the moral law were criticized by proto-orthodox rivals of the Gnostics, who ascribed various aberrant and licentious acts to them. A biblical example of such criticism can be found in Revelation 2:6"15, which criticizes the Nicolaitanes, an early Gnostic sect."

And anyway..why would one need the Torah in Paradise anyway? It would seem they already knew and followed all the requisite teachings if they were there in the first place.

This is what I love about debating religion and philosopy. Unlike real science, where a layman can very rarely hold their own in debate with scientists, here, a lowly Agnostic like myself can hang right there and present equally viable ideas with self-proclaimed 'experts."

LOL.

Thanks!

OH...And this too........again, from Wiki..

According to the Naassenes, paradise was the human head. It has been suggested that the "five trees" may parallel the five human senses which produce one's internal world view and belief system - knowledge of which is a requirement for purification and thus enlightenment or return to paradise/unity. However, the body's five senses - more synonymous with lower level egoism and learned misperception, would more likely be referenced as an impediment to reunion with the divine.

I assure you I did not look at this article before my OP. Rather, only right after the above post.

LOL--I amaze myself sometimes. Must be my Catholic training! LOL.

Peace.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 3:59:39 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:56:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Amazing!

LOL.

Thanks!

OH...And this too........again, from Wiki..

According to the Naassenes, paradise was the human head. It has been suggested that the "five trees" may parallel the five human senses which produce one's internal world view and belief system - knowledge of which is a requirement for purification and thus enlightenment or return to paradise/unity. However, the body's five senses - more synonymous with lower level egoism and learned misperception, would more likely be referenced as an impediment to reunion with the divine.

I assure you I did not look at this article before my OP. Rather, only right after the above post.

LOL--I amaze myself sometimes. Must be my Catholic training! LOL.

Peace.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:12:04 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:21:50 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 5/8/2015 2:47:40 PM, baddebater wrote:

No, it's a hypostasis, a mentality. The word actually refers to an orchard, i.e. like the Garden, it is a purposely cultivated place but only metaphorically. To desert, rock, sand and gravel dwelling believers, a Garden of Eden could be an oasis or a forest glen , someplace where trees and plants grow in profusion, unlike the desert. : :

Are you a desert, rock, sand and gravel dwelling believer. If not, what do you believe in?
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:14:21 PM
At 5/8/2015 3:26:56 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

6 showed up time I taught at St. Stephen's Church here where I live. It's a tiny congregation though. I have dozens of followers of my spiritual visionary work, 500+ Nazareans honored me at Easter in Nazareth, Israel at the end of their annual Easter Procession through town. My Josephine Vision created a Josephine Bundle and Northern Cheyenne Keeper of it like the other two White Buffalo Calf Woman sacred Bundles. I am writing for future generations as ours are still mostly all caught up in Piscean Age religious and atheist ideas about God and the Spirit of Christ. : :

Where are you getting your knowledge to teach from?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 4:43:02 PM
A teacher?

Really?

Hmm...

Goes to show..what I was sayin' earlier about the diff between science and religion.

I learned that when I originally set-out to get my degree in Physics but instead switched to psych.

Just curious as to why you have not addressed my answer to the Five Trees? And also the quotes and links I provided supporting it?

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear"

LOL.

Or, vice versa.

Peace.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:37:24 PM
At 5/8/2015 4:14:21 PM, baddebater wrote:
At 5/8/2015 3:26:56 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

6 showed up time I taught at St. Stephen's Church here where I live. It's a tiny congregation though. I have dozens of followers of my spiritual visionary work, 500+ Nazareans honored me at Easter in Nazareth, Israel at the end of their annual Easter Procession through town. My Josephine Vision created a Josephine Bundle and Northern Cheyenne Keeper of it like the other two White Buffalo Calf Woman sacred Bundles. I am writing for future generations as ours are still mostly all caught up in Piscean Age religious and atheist ideas about God and the Spirit of Christ. : :

Where are you getting your knowledge to teach from?

Divine revelation and God-guided research over a 36 year period. God led me to find and recover the lost Celestial Torah astrological information and since no rabbis know it, I now teach it by default. Only those familiar with Egyptian religion's main concepts seem to know about the Taurowet/Torah/Tarot connection it appears until now when the full Celestial Torah religious symbolism has been decoded from its astrological base. You could say I teach Messianic Astrology although it is important to note the Christian and not Judaism origin of Messiah concept, one of several major spiritual errors that priests of Judah foisted on Jews and Pauline Christians following them as the Celestial Torah demands a Sage and Humanitarian Messiah and not another Warrior King. No David but a another bearing the Spirit of Christ.

I classify Celestial Torah Christianity within the Gnostic sects of Christianity because it is based on seeking and finding Knowledge of God and not based as Pauline Christianity is, on becoming a member of the Church organizations by swearing allegiance to the Bible stories and the Pauline doctrine of using Jesus as a virtual Get-Out-of-Hell magic card as Paul doesn't teach Christians to follow Jesus' teachings but only to use Jesus as a magic name for personal escape from hell. Following Jesus' teachings is secondary to Believing in the Story of death and resurrection. I don't go for Paul's theology but the Gospels exist as is, Paul's influence on them, and God used what was available in Piscean Age religious consciousness--Suffering/Martyrdom/anti-Body = spiritual purity so we too use what's available--the Gospels still packed with spiritual wisdom and of course the Celestial Torah information most clearly revealed.

The Abrahamic religions were God's pack horses carrying the spiritual goods in the saddle-bags for later decoding that the horses didn't know. We religious visionaries are all spiritual pack horses as later generations will know more than we do which is why it was always foolishness of egos to try to stop further revelations from occurring.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:55:44 PM
There's another major difference between Celestial Torah Christianity as a Gnostic theology and Classical Gnosticism: I discovered EL Elyon back in 1998 as EL was worshiped and conceived by ancient Canaanite believers in their God Most High, the same God Most High of the early Hebrews who worshiped EL through worshiping their tribal war god, Yahweh, one of the sons of EL in the Canaanite system. To make a long story short, priests of Judah pulled a Lucifer stunt which worked until lately which was elevating Yahweh to EL's top God position. This can be seen in the Sinai Covenant where Moses learns God's changed His name. EL's separate identity and character was subsumed into Yahweh, all fancied up as YHWH, blah blah blah, but still the old war god and as such disqualified from top spiritual leadership as EL led the ELohim, the Hebrew version of the ancient Canaanite Divine Assembly of gods, the Holy Family. War gods use force and fear to rule. EL Elyon used wisdom and compassion. A tip off of the true relationship is the constant usage of the word "Lord" for referring to Yahweh. Well, "Lords" were vassals of the King who was not a Lord but one higher in rank, the highest rank.

The old Gnostics didn't know about the EL/Yahweh switcheroo of Judah so they dealt with Yahweh as a Maker god of Creation who did a piss poor job of it, a botched job. I know EL as the Creator Father Face of the Godhead and Yahweh to me was purified by going through the spiritual crucifixion and resurrection sun god ritual via Yeishu/Yeshua/Jesus as Proxy for Yahweh. Jesus took the Fall for Yahweh, not for Humanity in the way Pauline Christians are taught to believe.

Once you know about EL Elyon, you know where Jesus' Abba, His "Daddy" is to be found and you know why Jesus' teachings are so different from the Fraud of Israel, YHWH.

"War is against my wish; Plant the seeds of peace in the heart of the earth."--Canaanite saying attributed to EL.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:11:56 PM
As a return of the old time Jewish prophesy tradition, I am here to "make straight the path to God" and that means clearing out the junk beliefs and highlighting the core ones that bear the spiritual stamp of God Most High and the Messiah as Son of God, Son of Man.

Judaism lost the ball when priests of Judah deliberately divorced the astrological coding from Torah study. This led to Judah's invention of "Word of God" scriptures to supersede the spiritual authority of the Celestial Torah astrological code that reveals the relationships between God Most High, symbolized as Saturn, to the Messiah, symbolized by the "Man" Face of the Merkabah, Ezekiel's Chariot of God composed of the Four Fixed Signs of the Zodiac: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, Ox, Lion, Eagle, Man. The "Man" Face of the symbolic Chariot of God is Aquarius which is the Sign of the Baptist, the one with the Living Waters to pour out upon humanity. I teach why Jesus constantly used "Son of Man" instead of "Son of God" in referring to himself as this is astrological code for his being the earthly representative of Aquarius, where God has been evolving the Humanitarian Archetype for guidance of both spiritual and secular human society.

The Gospel of Humanity reveals the identity of God and Celestial Torah Christianity reveals the Way in which God has embedded astrological coding to guide believers in our times when the Word(s) of God are in their End Times as reliable spiritual authority. God's Celestial Sign Language is still pure of man-made religious agendas and that's why we need it.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:17:20 PM
(7) Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."

Do any of you know what this Saying means? The Celestial Torah astrological code will help you decode its meaning.
themessage29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:40:25 PM
At 5/8/2015 6:17:20 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
(7) Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."

Do any of you know what this Saying means? The Celestial Torah astrological code will help you decode its meaning. : :

Tell me the Celestial Torah astrological code's meaning to it.
baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 7:48:09 PM
At 5/8/2015 6:17:20 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Do any of you know what this Saying means? The Celestial Torah astrological code will help you decode its meaning. : :

I want to hear what your interpretation of the lion is.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:50:32 PM
At 5/8/2015 6:17:20 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote.............. Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."

And where pray tell did Jesus say this? Perhaps in the malformed mind of a mental masturbating man? But it is not to be found in the Bible.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 8:56:29 PM
But if you wish to quote from Thomas, you do realise that it does not belong to the christian canon=the bible. and Thomas is the actually Jude the brother of Jesus.