Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why is shaking hands forbidden in Islam?

Chi_chillix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:15:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is taboo to shake the opposite sexs hands in Islam. Why??
We are the result of what we have thought
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 7:09:22 AM
Because women are held in inferior status. When we visited Egypt a few years ago it was very noticeable that Egyptian men would not talk to my female traveling companion but only to me unless she talked to them directly. Muhammadism talks about women's equality but they don't have it, are treated as second-class citizens unable to make major decisions over their lives as men hold all the important offices.

Judaism and Pauline Christianity are just now in our times shaking off centuries of Abrahamic prejudice against women but Islam has much farther to go in that direction. But it will go there as it will be Muslim women who change the face of Islam and return it to its original goal of establishing a true religion of peace. Ahmadiyyah Muslims already know how to do this but the vast majority of Sunni and Shiites are still stuck in oriental despotism because of unfamiliarity with democracy and human rights protection and all the legal precedents that happened to stop religious totalitarianism that consistently leads to intolerance and religious warfare.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 3:41:03 PM
At 5/10/2015 5:15:44 AM, Chi_chillix wrote:

its allowed only in certain conditions like shaking hands with his sister mother daughter.... and touching woman's hands stirring desire & emotions (same ruling for women also shaking men hands....)

but without even my religion i personally think its immoral to shake hands of other women than my wife... or looking at a woman what logic is that looking at women beside my wife ( i mean by lusting after...)
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:27:18 PM
At 5/10/2015 3:41:03 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

its allowed only in certain conditions like shaking hands with his sister mother daughter.... and touching woman's hands stirring desire & emotions (same ruling for women also shaking men hands....)

but without even my religion i personally think its immoral to shake hands of other women than my wife... or looking at a woman what logic is that looking at women beside my wife ( i mean by lusting after...)

So you can't even look at a woman without wanting to rape her?
It's no wonder your women are forced to wear potato sacks to protect themselves.
Do you have a particular type or colour of potato sack that get's your fired up and ready for rape?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 7:53:34 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:27:18 PM, bulproof wrote:

So you can't even look at a woman without wanting to rape her?
It's no wonder your women are forced to wear potato sacks to protect themselves.
Do you have a particular type or colour of potato sack that get's your fired up and ready for rape?

whats going with the "rape" thing i guess u obsess with that? what is the connection between what i wrote and u trying to suggest? and its not wonder in america 1 in 4 women got raped because they dont wear potato sacks they just literally going out naked with 100kg of makeup on their faces and boobs wanting to attract everybody like little kids wanting attention of everybody.
Never fart near dog
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 8:10:45 PM

Cooties.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 8:15:44 PM

Typical Arab misogynist mindset, can't see women as other human beings but instead objects of sexual desire, like some hormonal jacked-up juvenile who can't control himself. Women are human beings, you dolt. Start treating them as such.

LOL. Hilarious.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 8:28:07 PM
At 5/10/2015 8:15:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Typical Arab misogynist mindset, can't see women as other human beings but instead objects of sexual desire, like some hormonal jacked-up juvenile who can't control himself. Women are human beings, you dolt. Start treating them as such.

LOL. Hilarious.

Women in Iran and Iraq, who were once made to walk behind their husbands, now walk in front of them. It has nothing to do with their religious beliefs and everything thing to do with the amount of hidden land mines in those countries.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 8:33:13 PM
continued from post #8.

Are the remains of the women who are blown to pieces by the land mines or the bombs that they had strapped to themselves, allowed to be picked up by others than the fathers, brothers and husbands, of those suicide female terrorists?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 9:09:02 PM
Hand shakes developed to show no concealment of weapons and Muhammadans love their concealed and revealed knives. A religion of war of course has no problems with armed believers and none with the damage they cause in the name of Muhammad and his Allah war god.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 9:17:33 PM
Actually, poopoo, why don't you tell us about the left hand used for ask wiping? How does that factor in in hand shaking, like for left-handed people or ones with no right hands because they stole something and got it chopped off, the punishment fitting the crime you see, a life's time disability for a youthful mistake. Ah, these poor people, Muhammadans having to live under these hideous barbarisms and fascist ideas that disallow Muhammadans to complain to anyone. There's no allowance of Muhammadans saying "ah, farook this junk, I'm not going to kill anyone for any reason no matter who tells me to do so." Like joining the Mafia, or Scientology, you can't leave Muhammadism or fear for your life. "No compulsion in religion" is strictly for show as the whole Muhammadan religion is pure coercion to believe or face dire consequences in this life and the next.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 2:19:12 AM

dont play now as a smart guy when u see women and touch here you have no emotion stirring up? probably u r gay..... secondly its not ony for women its for men too the same rulling idiot.

LOL. Hilarious.

" LOL. Hilarious." means u touch and lust after women who r not your wife... no wonder in the west 50% r divorced everybody cheating on one another laugh is on you :) keep laughing at me lol what a moron.
Never fart near dog
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 7:04:52 AM
Poopoo, what do you think we Western non-Muslims think when we read about honor killings and the vast number of Muslim women mutilated because Muhammad ok'd the practice as being in line with the general enslavement of all Muslim women to one male's dictatorship from the grave.

America is God and humanity's vast experiment in mixing different cultures together without tremendous social friction happening. Our Civil War was the worst that friction ever got but actually it is amazing how little comparative violence is happening in America given the number of differing ethnic groups trying to fit in together in one cohesive society. We do pretty good given this tremendous social burden that older, more homogenous societies don't have to deal with although some are now learning what Americans have dealt with for centuries. Rape and pillage used to be universal war consequences and its a hard human behavior pattern to extinguish. It helps when one has a true Humanitarian Archetype for modeling how not to be a male exploiter of women. Mosaic Law praises men for not being born women. Paul told women to keep quiet in religious matters. Muhammad said they were banned from social governing positions as all three Abrahamic religions put women in second class position in their societies based on their religious laws.

If you love your mother and your Mother, you will abandon Abrahamic faiths that hate her and Her.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:51:15 AM
At 5/11/2015 2:19:12 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

dont play now as a smart guy when u see women and touch here you have no emotion stirring up?

Of course not, I treat women like humans, not like sex toys.

probably u r gay.....

No, just not a misogynist.

secondly its not ony for women its for men too the same rulling idiot.

Clearly, it's for the men who can't seem to control themselves and aren't capable of seeing women as anything but objects of sexual desire.

LOL. Hilarious.

" LOL. Hilarious." means u touch and lust after women who r not your wife... no wonder in the west 50% r divorced everybody cheating on one another laugh is on you :) keep laughing at me lol what a moron.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 8:53:49 AM
At 5/11/2015 2:19:12 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

dont play now as a smart guy when u see women and touch here you have no emotion stirring up? probably u r gay..... secondly its not ony for women its for men too the same rulling idiot.

LOL. Hilarious.

Sorry, I don't lust after women I shake hands with, they are usually called, "Creeps".
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:05:13 AM
The act of shaking someone's hand requires extending ones hand to grab something and then shaking it. And if you allow some stranger man or woman to reach out and grab your hand to shake they could just as easily grab some other part of you and shake it on the pretext of a greeting. The shaking can be short or long, vigorous or weak. To a premature ejaculator this is an accident waiting to happen.
All forms of grabbing by the hand, stroking and shaking is forbidden in Islam. That is what beards are for.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:29:44 AM

- That's not the case in a general sense. Two instances of shaking hands between opposite sexes are by consensus among all schools of thought in Shari'a:
> Permissible, in case the opposite sex is:
* From maharim (forbidden family members: mother, aunt, sister, mother-in-law. . .).
* An old men/women.
* An asexual/hermaphrodite/effeminate.
* A kids under the age of puberty.
> Prohibited, in case the opposite sex is other than the above categories & that shaking is done with a sexual desire, or if there is risk of seduction/attraction.

- Other than these two instance, there is a difference of opinion among the different schools of thought. Some allow shaking if there are no sexual risks to the act, some others don't.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:34:29 AM
At 5/11/2015 9:29:44 AM, Yassine wrote:

- That's not the case in a general sense. Two instances of shaking hands between opposite sexes are by consensus among all schools of thought in Shari'a:
* From maharim (forbidden family members: mother, aunt, sister, mother-in-law. . .).
* An old men/women.
> Prohibited, in case the opposite sex is other than the above categories & that shaking is done with a sexual desire, or if there is risk of seduction/attraction.

- Other than these two instance, there is a difference of opinion among the different schools of thought. Some allow shaking if there are no sexual risks to the act, some others don't.

In other words, some schools of thought don't treat women as sex toys while other schools of misogynist thought, do.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:42:25 AM
At 5/11/2015 9:05:13 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The act of shaking someone's hand requires extending ones hand to grab something and then shaking it. And if you allow some stranger man or woman to reach out and grab your hand to shake they could just as easily grab some other part of you and shake it on the pretext of a greeting. The shaking can be short or long, vigorous or weak. To a premature ejaculator this is an accident waiting to happen.
All forms of grabbing by the hand, stroking and shaking is forbidden in Islam. That is what beards are for.

omg, this is about the funniest thing I have ever read, especially the part about the premature ejaculator. I don't have any problems with different cultures and their greeting rituals, but as one who comes from a hand shake culture, your post brings forth some funny imagery. Maybe it is because I am raised that handshaking is a proper respectful way to greet someone and that the sexual connotations seem very strange. Even if I were a premature ejaculator, I can't seem to believe that shaking a hand would cause such a mess. lol
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:20:09 AM
At 5/11/2015 9:34:29 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

In other words, some schools of thought don't treat women as sex toys while other schools of misogynist thought, do.

- Please stop spamming my notifications.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:24:23 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:20:09 AM, Yassine wrote:

Responding to your posts is not spamming, so stfu.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:59:37 AM
At 5/11/2015 9:42:25 AM, slo1 wrote:

omg, this is about the funniest thing I have ever read, especially the part about the premature ejaculator. I don't have any problems with different cultures and their greeting rituals, but as one who comes from a hand shake culture, your post brings forth some funny imagery. Maybe it is because I am raised that handshaking is a proper respectful way to greet someone and that the sexual connotations seem very strange. Even if I were a premature ejaculator, I can't seem to believe that shaking a hand would cause such a mess. lol

Asians take it a step further. They bow instead of shaking hands. The act of bowing arches the body away from the greeter and moves the body parts further from the extended hand of the greeter. This cautious move has its vulnerabilities. It is an invitation to an attack from the rear.
The west has started rethinking the handshake realizing it is less than an ideal form of social greeting. It is now quite acceptable to fist bump instead of the traditional handshake. Fist bumping is more hygienic and has dual benefits. It protects the greeter from premature ejaculators and habitual masturbators.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:51:26 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:24:23 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

u keep responding to him when the says stop u idiot go to kindergarten to start life again your 50 years of living wasnt enough lol
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:26:09 PM
At 5/11/2015 9:29:44 AM, Yassine wrote:

* An old men/women.

How emotionally and intellectually retarded do you need to be believe that shaking hands is a sexual risk and causes sexual desire?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:57:57 PM
At 5/11/2015 10:59:37 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Asians take it a step further. They bow instead of shaking hands. The act of bowing arches the body away from the greeter and moves the body parts further from the extended hand of the greeter. This cautious move has its vulnerabilities. It is an invitation to an attack from the rear.
The west has started rethinking the handshake realizing it is less than an ideal form of social greeting. It is now quite acceptable to fist bump instead of the traditional handshake. Fist bumping is more hygienic and has dual benefits. It protects the greeter from premature ejaculators and habitual masturbators.

Germ-a-phobs have begun reconsidering the handshake. The west it is still very much the culture. It is as sexual as washing dishes is. I find that cultures that are sexually repressed get turned on by odd things. You can focus on the avoidance of premature ejaculators and masturbators and I'll spend my time on more worthwhile things.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:24:51 PM
At 5/11/2015 12:26:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

How emotionally and intellectually retarded do you need to be believe that shaking hands is a sexual risk and causes sexual desire?

- I see, nothing has changed about this 'Forum'. Too many claims & no arguments!
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:34:27 PM
At 5/11/2015 11:51:26 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 5/11/2015 10:24:23 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

u keep responding to him when the says stop u idiot go to kindergarten to start life again your 50 years of living wasnt enough lol

This coming from a guy who gets sexually aroused by touching someones hand. You're one very creepy guy.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:35:33 PM
At 5/11/2015 1:24:51 PM, Yassine wrote:

- I see, nothing has changed about this 'Forum'. Too many claims & no arguments!

And, still the same old Islamic propaganda and misogyny from the Muslims.

Just can't treat women like humans, can you. Pathetic.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 2:58:43 PM
At 5/11/2015 12:57:57 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 5/11/2015 10:59:37 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Germ-a-phobs have begun reconsidering the handshake. The west it is still very much the culture. It is as sexual as washing dishes is. I find that cultures that are sexually repressed get turned on by odd things. You can focus on the avoidance of premature ejaculators and masturbators and I'll spend my time on more worthwhile things.

Appears you don't have a problem making contact with soiled hands.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2015 1:04:36 AM
At 5/11/2015 1:24:51 PM, Yassine wrote:

I see you still don't understand the difference between a question and a claim.
You'd be amazed how much an education can help with that.