Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Atheist Apocalypse.

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2010 10:15:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/6/2010 6:12:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I just thought that some of the atheists here might appreciate this. http://www.viruscomix.com...

Hehe.

See... we aren't all that bad.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Zeitgeist
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.

Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 9:58:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

Cool story, bro.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 10:03:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

Why do you believe there is no god?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Mason0612
Posts: 160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 11:29:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 10:03:34 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

Why do you believe there is no god?

Why do you believe there is no Zeus, Apollo, Alla, or flying spaghetti monster?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 11:43:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 10:03:34 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

Why do you believe there is no god?

No evidence.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 12:27:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 9:58:59 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

Cool story, bro.

My thoughts exactly.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 4:47:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Belief in God is like belief in Santa clause. Tell a child that santa doesnt exist, and he will cry, shout and wail. He will scream "NO, you are wrong! He does exist!" And his parents will come and say "Dont worry, santa does exist! That man is evil, dont listen to him!" The only difference between God and Santa, is that the parents know that santa doesnt exist and are lying to their children. But if the parents truly believed in santa as well, The beliefs would both be the same.
Mason0612
Posts: 160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 5:21:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 4:47:25 PM, tkubok wrote:
Belief in God is like belief in Santa clause. Tell a child that santa doesnt exist, and he will cry, shout and wail. He will scream "NO, you are wrong! He does exist!" And his parents will come and say "Dont worry, santa does exist! That man is evil, dont listen to him!" The only difference between God and Santa, is that the parents know that santa doesnt exist and are lying to their children. But if the parents truly believed in santa as well, The beliefs would both be the same.

Well said tkubok
Zeitgeist
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2010 10:37:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 10:03:34 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Why do you believe there is no god?

Firstly because there is no NEED for "god", and secondly because in antiquity assorted "he"'s were used by priests to retain power-by-association in that they used "him" to explain what was not obviously explainable such as where the rain came from and claimed respect by their supposed close relation to "him" or "them".
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 1:39:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Epic fav'd that comic.
"We were having a philosophical discussion and I asserted that the only demonstrable reality is individual consciousness, but he insisted on the existence of a priori moral values that transcended free will. So I hit him." - Walon Vau
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 2:28:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 11:43:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Why do you believe there is no god?

No evidence.

Mmm. Argument from ignorance fallacy, I believe.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:25:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 2:28:02 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/7/2010 11:43:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Why do you believe there is no god?

No evidence.

Mmm. Argument from ignorance fallacy, I believe.

Strictly speaking, yes. But the lack of evidence is still a perfectly good reason to disbelieve in God. You could say, sure, He might exist. Most atheists would admit that it is *possible.* However, the existence of God is no more likely than the existence of unicorns (and I would say less likely, because we know that horses exist and unicorns aren't so different from horses, while we've never seen evidence for anything even remotely like a pan-dimensional all-powerful sky daddy). It's reasonable to say "I believe there is no God" because the existence of a God is improbable. It's not reasonable to say "I know there is no God" unless you know for sure that God doesn't exist, but C_N didn't say that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:32:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 2:28:02 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/7/2010 11:43:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Why do you believe there is no god?

No evidence.

Mmm. Argument from ignorance fallacy, I believe.

No, I am not making a positive assertion.

For instance,
I do not believe in God because I can find no evidence for him.
There is no evidence for God, therefore he does not exist.

The latter would be argument from ignorance fallacy, not the former.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:39:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD

I think it's appropriate humor for everyone... Ah, bipartisan humor.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:41:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:39:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD

I think it's appropriate humor for everyone... Ah, bipartisan humor.

Yep, pretty much. It's so biased against atheism, calling them mass-murderers? O.o wtf? I'm just dying to find out what they have to say about Christianity and Islam.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:44:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:41:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:39:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD

I think it's appropriate humor for everyone... Ah, bipartisan humor.

Yep, pretty much. It's so biased against atheism, calling them mass-murderers? O.o wtf? I'm just dying to find out what they have to say about Christianity and Islam.

Well, I'll give it a try. Atheist = mass murdering douche bags. Islam = scary, oppressive terrorists. Christianity = Ah, it's so beautiful.... O.O
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:46:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:44:45 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:41:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:39:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD

I think it's appropriate humor for everyone... Ah, bipartisan humor.

Yep, pretty much. It's so biased against atheism, calling them mass-murderers? O.o wtf? I'm just dying to find out what they have to say about Christianity and Islam.

Well, I'll give it a try. Atheist = mass murdering douche bags. Islam = scary, oppressive terrorists. Christianity = Ah, it's so beautiful.... O.O

That's probably what it says too. xD
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:48:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:46:13 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:44:45 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:41:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:39:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:34:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 3:01:08 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 8/13/2010 2:32:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/12/2010 10:21:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most of the Atheists here will get a laugh out of this: http://www.conservapedia.com...

Conservapedia is always fun. ;)

You learn so much! My favorite: "Atheism and Mass murder"

I lol'd

Yep. As you know, I'm not even an Atheist and even I lol'ed. xD

I think it's appropriate humor for everyone... Ah, bipartisan humor.

Yep, pretty much. It's so biased against atheism, calling them mass-murderers? O.o wtf? I'm just dying to find out what they have to say about Christianity and Islam.

Well, I'll give it a try. Atheist = mass murdering douche bags. Islam = scary, oppressive terrorists. Christianity = Ah, it's so beautiful.... O.O

That's probably what it says too. xD

I wouldn't be terribly shocked. >.>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:49:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:48:23 AM, annhasle wrote:

I wouldn't be terribly shocked. >.>

They say they're reliable and trustworthy too when in reality they're like the Faux News of the internet.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:50:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/7/2010 1:12:49 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
I am at a total loss as to why otherwise reasonable and intelligent people believe in the utter nonsense of the existence of some "god" and "creation".

Its exactly because we are reasonable that we believe in him.

I know it's a "meme", but surely people can use their brains and reason that there IS no "god" and that just because we don't yet understand enough to cross all the t's and dot all the i's the very fact that the amount of not yet understood receding each year as our knowledge increases gives less and less space for any argument for a "god" to be used as an explanation is perfect justification to put all the "god" nonsense aside.

Look guys, THERE IS NO GOD. Deal with it. People around you go on about god? FORGET IT. They're still in denial, still; deluded by the nonsense they were fed with as fact.

STOP TRYING TO RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!

Things you don't understand? LEARN ABOUT THEM, or rely on people who DO understand.

People who DO understand? Well, who are they? Even Science doesn't entirely remove the possibility of there being a God, so who are you to conclude. Just because you don't know Him, por can't see him, doesn't mean he isn't here.


Things that are STILL not understood? THEY WILL BE and there will be no "god" involved either.

So smug.

Honestly, for the educated and intelligent people of a nation like the US to be so hung up on rubbish is both amazing and pathetic. In any other thing than religion it would be recognised for what it is. Manic delusion.

I'm not from the US , but still belief in God is universal.

i don't know why supposedly really intelligent and reasonable people like you have no work other than singlehandedly trying to convert the universe. You don't believe in God? Dont. Why wont you let us believe in Him. If believing in God makes me happy, makes me feel secure, who are you to break this 'illusion'?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:52:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 11:49:45 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/13/2010 11:48:23 AM, annhasle wrote:

I wouldn't be terribly shocked. >.>

They say they're reliable and trustworthy too when in reality they're like the Faux News of the internet.

Ugh, Fox... D:
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.