Jump to topic:

BOG was banned unfairly.

baddebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:49:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm Brad Holkesvig, alias bornofgod and now baddebater. About three weeks ago I was temporarily banned because I was accused of derailing threads. Once the ban was lifted, I came back in to keep sharing the knowledge that I possess, which is disliked by several members in this forum. A week went by and I was accused of derailing the threads once again and was permanently banned as bornofgod.

I waited a week and got the idea to start a new profile named baddebater to see what would happen if I started a new thread called "Gospel of Thomas". It wasn't long before a few members started derailing this thread and actually started arguing with each other that had nothing to do with the topic.

The derailing of threads in this forum is something I've noticed ever since I started sharing my knowledge in here almost two years ago. It appeared that no one was getting warned or banned for derailing threads so I actually liked this forum because of it. This made it possible for me to share my knowledge without being banned as I was in many internet forums that I've been involved in over the past seven years.

When I stopped posting in myspace.com in the spring of 2010 and got involved with many other forums afterwards, it didn't take me long to find out that it only took a member or two in each forum to get me banned because they didn't like the knowledge I was spreading throughout the forum. They would always use some kind of excuse to get rid of me but never for the reason of derailing threads. Derailing of threads is a very common practice in all forums that is almost impossible for moderators to keep control of. It's usually the one or two members who complain to the moderator about someone they don't like to get them banned. They will use any excuse they can to get rid of this disliked member. I have seen this happen many times in the past seven years.

I find it quite hypocritical to be banned for derailing threads when I see that my one and only thread under the new profile name of baddebater was derailed almost immediately by members who wanted me banned a long time ago. They continue to derail the thread as they provoke me with their thoughts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

If I am banned again for derailing threads and these other members get to keep on derailing other threads in this forum, then you will know that it wasn't because I was derailing threads that I was banned. I was banned because of the information I was sharing in this forum that was disliked by the few who are constantly derailing threads without being banned themselves.

If you are in favor of banning members in this forum for derailing threads, then you better attack this problem fairly and start banning the rest of the members who are derailing threads. Otherwise, you better allow me to remain in this forum that I've been involved in for the past two years.

I haven't harmed anyone in this forum or purposely derailed threads. My posts that I share in each thread before other members begin to challenge me are almost always on topic. They may not appear to be on topic by other members but that's because I have a much different perspective than most members have. I have the perspective directly from the knowledge of God. This allows me to understand the deeper knowledge about the past, the present and the future.

For example; when a new thread appears in this forum about the Bible being the inerrant word of God, I know for sure that it isn't. The thoughts I post in a thread like that would show that the true word of God is actually our created existence in the mind ( thoughts ) of God and that the original scriptures came from the word of God. This will allow a new member to see my perspective other than the typical arguments that always appear in these types of threads. I get a lot of good replies when I post from God's perspective that appears to be off topic to members who don't like me.

If you allow me to remain in this forum, I can't promise that I can remain on topic when I post. That all depends on the other members who go off topic to challenge me in each thread that I'm posting in. I was trying to keep other members from derailing threads after my temporary banishment, but I was banned instead.

I noticed that after I was banned, members kept derailing threads as usual without getting banned themselves. This proves to me that my banishment had nothing to do with derailing threads. It was all about the few members in this forum who didn't like the knowledge I share. This is unfair.

If you think it was unfair for me to be banned because of derailing threads, then share your thoughts in this thread.

God bless you all,
Saint Brad
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 3:20:33 AM
You will be banned again for violating your previous ban, and rightly so.

Despite your protestations you were a serial derailer of threads and your permanent ban was entirely justified since you continued derailing even after being warned.

Yes, other threads get derailed but not in the way you do it (immediately you enter a thread) and not by members who do nothing else but preach nonsense.

You have a mental illness. There are people that can help you. All you have to do is seek that help.

Bye Brad.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 3:55:40 AM
At 5/13/2015 3:20:33 AM, dee-em wrote:

I am happy to report that for once I agree with you. Granted, that may be once out of one thousand posts - but it's still once.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 4:13:29 AM
At 5/13/2015 2:49:44 AM, baddebater wrote:
I'm Brad Holkesvig, alias bornofgod and now baddebater. About three weeks ago I was temporarily banned because I was accused of derailing threads. Once the ban was lifted, I came back in to keep sharing the knowledge that I possess, which is disliked by several members in this forum. A week went by and I was accused of derailing the threads once again and was permanently banned as bornofgod.

I waited a week and got the idea to start a new profile named baddebater to see what would happen if I started a new thread called "Gospel of Thomas". It wasn't long before a few members started derailing this thread and actually started arguing with each other that had nothing to do with the topic.

The derailing of threads in this forum is something I've noticed ever since I started sharing my knowledge in here almost two years ago. It appeared that no one was getting warned or banned for derailing threads so I actually liked this forum because of it. This made it possible for me to share my knowledge without being banned as I was in many internet forums that I've been involved in over the past seven years.

When I stopped posting in myspace.com in the spring of 2010 and got involved with many other forums afterwards, it didn't take me long to find out that it only took a member or two in each forum to get me banned because they didn't like the knowledge I was spreading throughout the forum. They would always use some kind of excuse to get rid of me but never for the reason of derailing threads. Derailing of threads is a very common practice in all forums that is almost impossible for moderators to keep control of. It's usually the one or two members who complain to the moderator about someone they don't like to get them banned. They will use any excuse they can to get rid of this disliked member. I have seen this happen many times in the past seven years.

I find it quite hypocritical to be banned for derailing threads when I see that my one and only thread under the new profile name of baddebater was derailed almost immediately by members who wanted me banned a long time ago. They continue to derail the thread as they provoke me with their thoughts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

If I am banned again for derailing threads and these other members get to keep on derailing other threads in this forum, then you will know that it wasn't because I was derailing threads that I was banned. I was banned because of the information I was sharing in this forum that was disliked by the few who are constantly derailing threads without being banned themselves.

If you are in favor of banning members in this forum for derailing threads, then you better attack this problem fairly and start banning the rest of the members who are derailing threads. Otherwise, you better allow me to remain in this forum that I've been involved in for the past two years.

I haven't harmed anyone in this forum or purposely derailed threads. My posts that I share in each thread before other members begin to challenge me are almost always on topic. They may not appear to be on topic by other members but that's because I have a much different perspective than most members have. I have the perspective directly from the knowledge of God. This allows me to understand the deeper knowledge about the past, the present and the future.

For example; when a new thread appears in this forum about the Bible being the inerrant word of God, I know for sure that it isn't. The thoughts I post in a thread like that would show that the true word of God is actually our created existence in the mind ( thoughts ) of God and that the original scriptures came from the word of God. This will allow a new member to see my perspective other than the typical arguments that always appear in these types of threads. I get a lot of good replies when I post from God's perspective that appears to be off topic to members who don't like me.

If you allow me to remain in this forum, I can't promise that I can remain on topic when I post. That all depends on the other members who go off topic to challenge me in each thread that I'm posting in. I was trying to keep other members from derailing threads after my temporary banishment, but I was banned instead.

I noticed that after I was banned, members kept derailing threads as usual without getting banned themselves. This proves to me that my banishment had nothing to do with derailing threads. It was all about the few members in this forum who didn't like the knowledge I share. This is unfair.

If you think it was unfair for me to be banned because of derailing threads, then share your thoughts in this thread.

God bless you all,
Saint Brad

Bye bye bogdebater.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 5:46:07 AM
At 5/13/2015 3:55:40 AM, annanicole wrote:

I am happy to report that for once I agree with you. Granted, that may be once out of one thousand posts - but it's still once.

His account has been closed (again). Some people just can't be told.

I look forward to the next 1,000 posts to see what we agree on then. :-)
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 6:09:38 AM

Despite your protestations you were a serial derailer of threads and your permanent ban was entirely justified since you continued derailing even after being warned.

Yes, other threads get derailed but not in the way you do it (immediately you enter a thread) and not by members who do nothing else but preach nonsense.

You have a mental illness. There are people that can help you. All you have to do is seek that help.

Bye Brad.

+1
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:04:38 AM
At 5/13/2015 6:38:23 AM, JJ50 wrote:
No doubt that poor deluded guy will create another account!

It doesn't matter how many accounts he creates. He will give himself away because he has a compulsive obsessive need to preach his 'gospel'. He can't help himself.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:54:43 AM
At 5/13/2015 7:04:38 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/13/2015 6:38:23 AM, JJ50 wrote:
No doubt that poor deluded guy will create another account!

It doesn't matter how many accounts he creates. He will give himself away because he has a compulsive obsessive need to preach his 'gospel'. He can't help himself.

It's not as if he was hard to spot.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 8:26:44 AM
I'm Brad Holkesvig, alias bornofgod and now baddebater.

Thought so.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 9:01:28 AM
At 5/13/2015 8:26:44 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Thought so.

Is it too early to say we made an honest man out him by our dogged determination not to believe Him when He said I AM The Voice of God. ( http://www.debate.org... ) My appeal to stand up or stand by Him ( http://www.debate.org... )was of no avail. Now we will never know what was BoG's true identity or if His many personalities were deliberately staged to confuse, since God is the author of confusion( http://www.debate.org... )Have we forced Him to relinquish His authority (http://www.debate.org...)
Will we get another opportunity to deal with the Christian paradox (http://www.debate.org...). Or should we expect His return?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:12:02 AM
At 5/12/2015 3:24:07 PM, baddebater wrote:
At 5/12/2015 2:52:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That's just what Braddebater would have said, too. Or. maybe it was Bogdebater. You must be bursting at the seams to start repeating your mantra... a never ending parade of insane sock puppets. : :

Who is Braddebater and Bogdebater?

At 5/12/2015 7:40:39 PM, baddebater wrote:

I am baddebater, not Braddebator or Bogdebater.

At 5/12/2015 11:44:42 PM, baddebater wrote:

Who is B.O.G.?

God bless you all,
Saint Brad

You see Brad, you're not only under a bunch of various delusions, you're also under the delusion we're all just a bunch of morons who can't see right through your thinly veiled disguises.

See professional, Brad, you really need it "Bad"
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:37:33 AM
I think it's unfair because people derail threads all the time without consequences. I think people should be able to express their opinions here no matter what they might be.

As for the accusations that you might be mentally ill - I'm not sure what the relevance is. If they mean that anyone with a mental illness should be silenced then I couldn't disagree more. But I think they're just trying to dismiss your arguments in a weak way.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:45:32 AM
But you've never annoyed me. I don't find your beliefs particularly confronting and you've never derailed a thread I've been in. But there are clearly people here who are upset at your beliefs. Maybe the mods think that a bunch of upset users is enough to ban someone. from the outside it seems a bit silly though.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:55:55 AM
At 5/13/2015 11:45:32 AM, Garbanza wrote:
But you've never annoyed me. I don't find your beliefs particularly confronting and you've never derailed a thread I've been in. But there are clearly people here who are upset at your beliefs. Maybe the mods think that a bunch of upset users is enough to ban someone. from the outside it seems a bit silly though.

It does seem a little silly for you to comment on BoG's banning when you never participated in any of his threads or discussions. Just because you cover your nose doesn't mean your fart doesn't stink.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:56:51 AM
At 5/13/2015 11:45:57 AM, sdavio wrote:
Bring back BOG!

And the same goes for you too.

It does seem a little silly for you to comment on BoG's banning when you never participated in any of his threads or discussions. Just because you cover your nose doesn't mean your fart doesn't stink.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:22:37 PM
The problem I have been having with my hollandaise sauce is getting the butter too warm before adding to the egg-yoke. See, the balance is in getting the sauce to warm very slowly, and when the butter is melted, but NOT too hot, it works!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:56:09 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:22:37 PM, TBR wrote:
The problem I have been having with my hollandaise sauce is getting the butter too warm before adding to the egg-yoke. See, the balance is in getting the sauce to warm very slowly, and when the butter is melted, but NOT too hot, it works!

If you keep your judgement as balanced you won't end up with the egg in your face. Try adding the egg yoke to the butter.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:58:43 PM

If you keep your judgement as balanced you won't end up with the egg in your face. Try adding the egg yoke to the butter.

When whisking, if the sauce separates, adding just a touch of water (sometimes hot, sometimes cold) can bring it back. Again, its a delicate balance, and I find it is almost all about temperature.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:11:43 PM
Saint Brad, if you're reading this, I'd advise you to join this debate website:
http://www.edeb8.com...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:27:20 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:58:43 PM, TBR wrote:

When whisking, if the sauce separates, adding just a touch of water (sometimes hot, sometimes cold) can bring it back. Again, its a delicate balance, and I find it is almost all about temperature.

Do you use a double boiler? I find that's the best way to heat it. What kind of seasoning to you use? I find a touch of Cayenne pepper adds a nice little bite.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:38:46 PM

You have a low opinion of the Mods. Do you have any justification for this?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:42:00 PM

Do you use a double boiler? I find that's the best way to heat it. What kind of seasoning to you use? I find a touch of Cayenne pepper adds a nice little bite.

I used a double boiler, but now find a small sauce pan watched carefully is BETTER.

As for the Cayenne. My wife LOVEs a little cayenne. What I do now is sprinkle a little on top of the sauce after applying to eggs, or whatever we are serving.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:49:21 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:42:00 PM, TBR wrote:

I used a double boiler, but now find a small sauce pan watched carefully is BETTER.

As for the Cayenne. My wife LOVEs a little cayenne. What I do now is sprinkle a little on top of the sauce after applying to eggs, or whatever we are serving.

I'm not a huge fan of Eggs Benedict so I primarily prepare it for my wife and son. They both like a bit of spice.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 3:09:25 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:42:00 PM, TBR wrote:

I am a vegetarian. Do you have a recipe with an egg substitute?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 3:38:59 PM

I am a vegetarian. Do you have a recipe with an egg substitute?

I don't think its possible to make without eggs, I am sorry.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 3:46:44 PM
Nice job announcing your new account, doof.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 4:56:44 PM
At 5/13/2015 11:55:55 AM, Harikrish wrote:

It does seem a little silly for you to comment on BoG's banning when you never participated in any of his threads or discussions.

I have participated in discussions with bornofgod. Even if I hadn't, I don't see why that would somehow rule me out from commenting on his ban. Enforcement of rules relevant for everyone.

Just because you cover your nose doesn't mean your fart doesn't stink.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 5:01:06 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:38:46 PM, ethang5 wrote:

You have a low opinion of the Mods. Do you have any justification for this?

What makes you think I have a low opinion of the mods? Unless you think that pointing out that thread deraillment is common on this site and largely umpunished is having a low opinion. But to me it seems just an obvious statement of fact. Do you disagree?