Jump to topic:

enlightenment:Judas case.

olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 5:00:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This thread will seem to be hurt to all of us. But I thank God, enlightenment comes in time of confusion to those who loves Him.
The story of Judas Iscariot suicidal thoughts is very interesting to know. I apologize to everyone that this enlightenment will reconcile our mind, I say "our mind" means including me, of course it is an honest mistake because, I thought too that Gentorev is right, but when I read bulproof scenario seems that He is also right? That time I got confused, honestly speaking.

But this time an enlightenment about seems contradicting verses of the bible- Acts 1:18-20 and Matthew 27:3-10 will be reconcile. The conflict is how Judas Iscariot died?

In Matthew 27:5 it said in KJV and almost translation that Judas hanged himself. Which if we're going to recover the original word used, that would be " apagcho" which means "kill" not "hang". Therefore Luke and Matthew account are not contradict to each other.

Matthew will be " kill himself" while Luke tell us how Judas kill himself- falling headlong ( head first). Like a man jump from a building falling headlong and drop on the ground.

To God be the glory.....
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:51:43 AM
At 5/17/2015 5:00:06 AM, olivetwo wrote:
This thread will seem to be hurt to all of us. But I thank God, enlightenment comes in time of confusion to those who loves Him.
The story of Judas Iscariot suicidal thoughts is very interesting to know. I apologize to everyone that this enlightenment will reconcile our mind, I say "our mind" means including me, of course it is an honest mistake because, I thought too that Gentorev is right, but when I read bulproof scenario seems that He is also right? That time I got confused, honestly speaking.

But this time an enlightenment about seems contradicting verses of the bible- Acts 1:18-20 and Matthew 27:3-10 will be reconcile. The conflict is how Judas Iscariot died?

In Matthew 27:5 it said in KJV and almost translation that Judas hanged himself. Which if we're going to recover the original word used, that would be " apagcho" which means "kill" not "hang". Therefore Luke and Matthew account are not contradict to each other.

That is incorrect.

Matthew 27:5
http://www.blueletterbible.org...

apagcho:
- to throttle, strangle, in order to put out of the way or kill
- to hang one's self, to end one's life by hanging

Acts 1:18

lakao:
to crack, crackle, crash
to burst asunder with a crack, crack open

Matthew will be " kill himself" while Luke tell us how Judas kill himself- falling headlong ( head first). Like a man jump from a building falling headlong and drop on the ground.

To God be the glory.....

You contradiction has not been clarified. This problem can not be defined away. I have provided the verses and the definitions of the the pertinent words. I encourage you to explore.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:56:39 AM

To God be the glory.....

No building involved so your fairytale is as meaningless as the rev's. Every translation known to man says he hung himself, but you have determined that all of those language scholars are mistaken and you are the only person on the planet for 2000yrs who has translated it correctly.
Do you know the word hubris.
Just BTW do you understand that if you change the story it doesn't alter the fact that the passages are contradictory.
Just because the new story you concoct doesn't contradict is as meaningful as claiming the three little pigs doesn't contradict it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:32:17 AM

To God be the glory.....

YAWN!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:06:41 AM

To God be the glory.....

According to Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible, the Greek word used in Matthew 27: 5; is "apagchomia" which means, "To strangle self" something that does not happen by jumping off a cliff or high building.

The correct translation of Matthew 27: 5; is that Judas Hanged himself.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:08:58 AM
At 5/17/2015 6:51:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

That is incorrect.

apagcho:

lakao:
to crack, crackle, crash

To God be the glory.....

You contradiction has not been clarified. This problem can not be defined away. I have provided the verses and the definitions of the the pertinent words. I encourage you to explore.

Yes, apagcho word have a lot of meaning, that is why we are confused, because the word used is "hang" which is wrong, the right word would be "kill" . Word "kill" makes the sentence used by Matthew more accurate. It will reconcile to what Lukes says in his letter.
Judas Iscariot really crash (lakao), meaning from the top to the ground. When he crashed the position is headlong which mean head first, which is impossible when doing it by hanging. I am so sorry friend that would be hurt for us. This conflict is just simply to understand. Thanks be to God. No more argument from you Skep. Stick to your belief.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:14:26 AM
At 5/17/2015 8:08:58 AM, olivetwo wrote:

That is incorrect.

apagcho:

lakao:
to crack, crackle, crash

To God be the glory.....

Yes, apagcho word have a lot of meaning, that is why we are confused, because the word used is "hang" which is wrong, the right word would be "kill" . Word "kill" makes the sentence used by Matthew more accurate. It will reconcile to what Lukes says in his letter.
Judas Iscariot really crash (lakao), meaning from the top to the ground. When he crashed the position is headlong which mean head first, which is impossible when doing it by hanging. I am so sorry friend that would be hurt for us. This conflict is just simply to understand. Thanks be to God. No more argument from you Skep. Stick to your belief.

Like everybody else who tries to reconcile the passages you have failed.
As with all the others, concocting a new unrelated story has absolutely no effect on the contradiction.
Have you heard the word hubris?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:30:54 AM
At 5/17/2015 6:56:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

To God be the glory.....

No building involved so your fairytale is as meaningless as the rev's. Every translation known to man says he hung himself, but you have determined that all of those language scholars are mistaken and you are the only person on the planet for 2000yrs who has translated it correctly.
Just BTW do you understand that if you change the story it doesn't alter the fact that the passages are contradictory.
Just because the new story you concoct doesn't contradict is as meaningful as claiming the three little pigs doesn't contradict it.

Yes, no building involved. Might be a cliff or higher ground or a high tree maybe. And I guess I am not the only one who made this correct. Imagined after 2000 years ( according to you) this verses had been a great conflict to all the readers. But now I am
Glad that it is not conflict anymore. Stick to your belief my friend. No more argument just come to realized it. I am not forcing this to anybody. It just so happened it made it hurt to all of us. I do apologize.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:42:15 AM
At 5/17/2015 7:32:17 AM, JJ50 wrote:

To God be the glory.....

YAWN!

Sleep tight and come to realized the details I'd made. Sleep well my friend.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:52:37 AM

That is incorrect.

apagcho:

lakao:
to crack, crackle, crash

To God be the glory.....

Yes, apagcho word have a lot of meaning, that is why we are confused, because the word used is "hang" which is wrong, the right word would be "kill" .

Apagcho does not have a lot of meanings - I posted all two of them and both refer to restricting the airway either by strangling or hanging. It doesn't have other meanings that I am aware of. You are welcome to provide a definition that shows otherwise.

Word "kill" makes the sentence used by Matthew more accurate. It will reconcile to what Lukes says in his letter.

Judas Iscariot really crash (lakao), meaning from the top to the ground. When he crashed the position is headlong which mean head first, which is impossible when doing it by hanging.

Greek: prenes
Headlong (To Cast to Fall):
an adjective denoting "headlong, prone," is used with the verb ginomai, "to become," in Act 1:18, of the death of Judas, "falling headlong;" various suggestions have been made as to the actual details; some ascribe to the word the meaning "swelling up."

You should be reading that as *become* headlong (or prone). Also, we agree you cannot die by hanging AND bursting asunder. That is why this it is a contradiction, Olive. One of the accounts of Judas' death is untrue (if not both), but you don't have the luxury of Cherry picking the Bible... at least, not if you consider it to be inerrant.

I am so sorry friend that would be hurt for us. This conflict is just simply to understand. Thanks be to God. No more argument from you Skep. Stick to your belief.

My belief is that your claim of an inerrant Bible (and the Christian God) is unsupported, and I will continue in that.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:53:42 AM
At 5/17/2015 8:30:54 AM, olivetwo wrote:

To God be the glory.....

Yes, no building involved. Might be a cliff or higher ground or a high tree maybe. And I guess I am not the only one who made this correct. Imagined after 2000 years ( according to you) this verses had been a great conflict to all the readers. But now I am
Glad that it is not conflict anymore. Stick to your belief my friend. No more argument just come to realized it. I am not forcing this to anybody. It just so happened it made it hurt to all of us. I do apologize.

It really is such a sad situation that you and others need to change the story to prove that the story is not contradictory.
There is no contradiction between "the three little pigs" and Acts 1:18-20 .
Well done.
Have you heard of hubris?
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:17:29 AM
At 5/17/2015 8:53:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/17/2015 8:30:54 AM, olivetwo wrote:

To God be the glory.....

It really is such a sad situation that you and others need to change the story to prove that the story is not contradictory.
There is no contradiction between "the three little pigs" and Acts 1:18-20 .
Well done.
Have you heard of hubris?

Bulproof the translations made by some made us confused. And the translations made by some change the story, that makes us confused. Therefore the job of the true christian in this present times is to understand the conflict that made by the translators. And keep the original thoughts of the WORDS. Because the job of the enemy of God-the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures ( 2 peter 3:16 ). They try to destroy the truthfulness of the scriptures. But unto their own destruction.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:23:29 AM
At 5/17/2015 8:14:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

That is incorrect.

apagcho:

lakao:
to crack, crackle, crash

To God be the glory.....

Like everybody else who tries to reconcile the passages you have failed.
As with all the others, concocting a new unrelated story has absolutely no effect on the contradiction.
Have you heard the word hubris?

Keep your hubris bulproof.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:41:40 AM

To God be the glory.....

Apologetics - the art of ignoring the plain meaning of words to make the text say something completely different. It's a difficult skill to master. Congratulations.

Actually the credit probably shouldn't go to you other than that you undoubtedly had to search hard to find this apologetics response somewhere on the web. It doesn't much matter that it is so feeble that a word has to be redefined completely. Apologetics just requires some sort of answer, any answer. You don't even have to defend it. But you know that, of course.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:55:04 AM
At 5/17/2015 9:41:40 AM, dee-em wrote:

To God be the glory.....

Apologetics - the art of ignoring the plain meaning of words to make the text say something completely different. It's a difficult skill to master. Congratulations.

Actually the credit probably shouldn't go to you other than that you undoubtedly had to search hard to find this apologetics response somewhere on the web. It doesn't much matter that it is so feeble that a word has to be redefined completely. Apologetics just requires some sort of answer, any answer. You don't even have to defend it. But you know that, of course.

Has anyone one of you experts in ancient Greek, been able to find any biblical translation by the top scholars of the ancient Greek language, Where Matthew 27 : 5; is not translated as Judas went out and "HANGED " himself?

Night night.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:44:34 PM
At 5/17/2015 9:55:04 AM, Gentorev wrote:

To God be the glory.....

Has anyone one of you experts in ancient Greek, been able to find any biblical translation by the top scholars of the ancient Greek language, Where Matthew 27 : 5; is not translated as Judas went out and "HANGED " himself?

Um, no. I think that is the point. Olive is trying to redefine the Greek word as "kill" instead of "hang".

The Greek word 'apingchato' is used:

http://biblehub.com...

This word, when translated from Greek to English, is universally recognized as 'hanged himself':

http://biblehub.com...

(YLT has it as 'strangle himself').

Yet Olive insists, despite the evidence, that Matthew wrote 'killed himself'.
That's apologetics for you.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:57:17 PM

To God be the glory.....

Night night.

Nah, we don't need to reinterpret the Bible - It contradicts itself with no help from us.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:11:45 PM
And from Papias we get a third version of the story:

III
Judas walked about in this world a sad example of impiety; for his body having swollen to such an extent that he could not pass where a chariot could pass easily, he was crushed by the chariot, so that his bowels gushed out.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com...

Do you get the impression that these guys were making it up as they went along? Lol.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:41:21 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:11:45 PM, dee-em wrote:

III
Judas walked about in this world a sad example of impiety; for his body having swollen to such an extent that he could not pass where a chariot could pass easily, he was crushed by the chariot, so that his bowels gushed out.

Do you get the impression that these guys were making it up as they went along? Lol.

Yea! Like where do you find a chariot mentioned in the biblical explanation of the end result of the betrayal of Judas.

That sounds like an interpretation from bulpoof, but he would have used an army tank instead of a chariot.

The falling headlong had nothing to do with the death of Judas, he died from hanging, and when his dead body later fell to the ground, it split open spilling his bowels over the field, which was then acquired in his name with the blood money that was the wages for his betrayal.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:47:39 PM

III

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com......

Yea! Like where do you find a chariot mentioned in the biblical explanation of the end result of the betrayal of Judas.

That sounds like an interpretation from bulpoof, but he would have used an army tank instead of a chariot.

The falling headlong had nothing to do with the death of Judas, he died from hanging, and when his dead body later fell to the ground, it split open spilling his bowels over the field, which was then acquired in his name with the blood money that was the wages for his betrayal, as is revealed in the Holy Scripture.

See you around deee-em. The wife and I are heading off on Wednesday, so this will be my last post on this particular thread for some months.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:54:39 PM

To God be the glory.....

Night night.

Umm no I think that we all accept that passage.
The trouble is that there is another passage that contradicts that passage.

He either threw his money away and hung himself.
Or he used his money to buy a field and he walked there and fell over and his guts burst out.
Which story is true?
Those with an intellect know that both can't be.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:52:47 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:41:21 PM, Gentorev wrote:

III

Nowhere. Yet an early church father thought otherwise.

No, it's an early patriarch of the church. You are dodging.

The falling headlong had nothing to do with the death of Judas, he died from hanging, and when his dead body later fell to the ground, it split open spilling his bowels over the field, which was then acquired in his name with the blood money that was the wages for his betrayal.

You are merging two different stories into one. Neither story says this. One story has him dying by hanging himself. The other story has him falling headlong to his death in his field. There's an obvious contradiction, regardless of how feebly you try to marry the two accounts. You're engaging in apologetics - reading things into the text which simply aren't there.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:11:21 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:54:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

Or he used his money to buy a field and he walked there and fell over and his guts burst out.
Which story is true?

Well that's the other glaring aspect of the contradiction, isn't it? What did Judas do with the money he got from dobbing in Jesus? Did he:

A. Throw it in the temple (Matthew)
B. Buy Potter's Field (Luke)
C. Live the high life and get so fat that a chariot squished him in a narrow alleyway (Papias)
D. None of the above. The story is a fabrication.

The whole betrayal narrative is errant nonsense. The authorities had no need of a betrayer, let alone a need to offer a "Jesus - Wanted Dead or Alive" reward. Jesus was with the people and the Jewish authorities every day. He had no secrets. In other words this betrayal was totally unnecessary to the Jews or to the Romans. Everybody knew him well and could find him very easily. He taught and preached without secrets. Every day he was quarreling with the priests, the scribes, the Pharisees and the merchants in the temple. He taught everywhere and wrought miracles and wonders. What need of a betrayal?

It seems most likely that various unknown authors among whom are the authors of the gospels got involved in myth-making to purposely verify the so-called prophesies or they wrote reflections of other stories and myths. Therefore they had to improvise in order to make up the shape and form of Judas that would serve their fairy-tales, which in turn they push unto the gullible believers. Nothing in the Judas story makes sense.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:23:31 AM
Sorry my dear friends case close, according to Matthew Judas kill himself and luke explain how he kill himself. No contradictions, believe it or not.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:34:10 AM

III

That is wrong dee-em. Just as your thinking about the verse. Why still bothering yourself with the verse lobnl!
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:38:46 AM
At 5/21/2015 2:23:31 AM, olivetwo wrote:
Sorry my dear friends case close, according to Matthew Judas kill himself and luke explain how he kill himself. No contradictions, believe it or not.

By which you mean: "Believe my story, or your own eyes".

Huuuuuuuuge competition, btw.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:46:21 AM

To God be the glory.....

Uh mm...???
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:49:51 AM
At 5/17/2015 10:11:21 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/17/2015 8:54:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

Which story is true?

Well that's the other glaring aspect of the contradiction, isn't it? What did Judas do with the money he got from dobbing in Jesus? Did he:

A. Throw it in the temple (Matthew)
B. Buy Potter's Field (Luke)
C. Live the high life and get so fat that a chariot squished him in a narrow alleyway (Papias)
D. None of the above. The story is a fabrication.

Olive write: this is your confucion and I know this came from different translation. That was so sad.

The whole betrayal narrative is errant nonsense. The authorities had no need of a betrayer, let alone a need to offer a "Jesus - Wanted Dead or Alive" reward. Jesus was with the people and the Jewish authorities every day. He had no secrets. In other words this betrayal was totally unnecessary to the Jews or to the Romans. Everybody knew him well and could find him very easily. He taught and preached without secrets. Every day he was quarreling with the priests, the scribes, the Pharisees and the merchants in the temple. He taught everywhere and wrought miracles and wonders. What need of a betrayal?

It seems most likely that various unknown authors among whom are the authors of the gospels got involved in myth-making to purposely verify the so-called prophesies or they wrote reflections of other stories and myths. Therefore they had to improvise in order to make up the shape and form of Judas that would serve their fairy-tales, which in turn they push unto the gullible believers. Nothing in the Judas story makes sense.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 5:09:46 AM
At 5/21/2015 2:34:10 AM, olivetwo wrote:

III

That is wrong dee-em.

What is wrong? Are you denying that Papias wrote these words?

Just as your thinking about the verse.

My thinking? I'm just reading what is written.

Why still bothering yourself with the verse lobnl!

The verse in which text? Do you have any idea what you are saying?