Total Posts:166|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God does not really want humans to know him

Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think that's one reason why there is so much confusion about God; we just don't know him. Of course you have those believers who like to claim they know God; you know, they claim God talks to them; they claim they have seen God, all kinds of things which just are not true, in my view.

God is not talking to any of us. Not now. And none of us have seen him. God wants this world to be just like it is now, lost, confused and turned out!

If he wanted it to be any other way, then it would be.

What we are witnessing, is how thousands of believers would act, if God was not in them or with them. And that is why religion is so messed up.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:41:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:28:06 AM, Double_R wrote:
Or God may just not exist...

Well I think he created the human consciousness, and its obvious to me that he created thousands of humans and with held his existence from their consciousness. Like Atheist; Atheist are Atheist, because they are supposed to be Atheist; that's how God wanted it, in my view.

We can only be conscious of, those things we are conscious of.

And there are whole segments of humanity that God blanked their consciousness of him. He did not want them to know he exist.

Its the same with so many religions, he has blanked them of the truth, and only allowed them confusion.

Everything is, as God wanted it to be. And that's why we can't change it.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.

I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:00:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
I think that's one reason why there is so much confusion about God; we just don't know him. Of course you have those believers who like to claim they know God; you know, they claim God talks to them; they claim they have seen God, all kinds of things which just are not true, in my view.

At 5/17/2015 11:41:04 AM, Mickiel wrote:

Well I think he created the human consciousness, and its obvious to me that he created thousands of humans and with held his existence from their consciousness.

Marvelous contradiction there, Mickiel. How do you know God exists and how is it obvious he created "thousands" of humans?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:09:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.



I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...

Not sifting through all those pages, but it seems hardly necessary. You listed a number of arguments to support your assertion, many of which are well known and fail to substantiate the claim. I can only assume the same for the rest. But not to derail this thread, I agree with you that there is no God who wants humans to know him and those who claim to know him are delusional.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:11:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:00:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
I think that's one reason why there is so much confusion about God; we just don't know him. Of course you have those believers who like to claim they know God; you know, they claim God talks to them; they claim they have seen God, all kinds of things which just are not true, in my view.

At 5/17/2015 11:41:04 AM, Mickiel wrote:

Well I think he created the human consciousness, and its obvious to me that he created thousands of humans and with held his existence from their consciousness.

Marvelous contradiction there, Mickiel. How do you know God exists and how is it obvious he created "thousands" of humans?

lol not to mention this...

At 5/17/2015 11:41:04 AM, Mickiel wrote:
Everything is, as God wanted it to be.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:24:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:09:00 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.



I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...

Not sifting through all those pages, but it seems hardly necessary. You listed a number of arguments to support your assertion, many of which are well known and fail to substantiate the claim. I can only assume the same for the rest. But not to derail this thread, I agree with you that there is no God who wants humans to know him and those who claim to know him are delusional.

Right on the very first page, Mickiel writers this hilarious post:

"Again to recap, is God real? Well you can research these leads;

Causality
Morality
The Cosmological Argument
The Ontological Argument
The Modal Argument
Chirality
The Bones of the Apostle Peter under the Vatican Bacilica
The Anthropic Principles
Paleontology
Irreducible Complexity
DNA
The Second Law of Thermodynamics
Life Spans
Metamorphosis
Entrophy
Proteins
Biblical Archaeology
The Apostle Peters house
Hezekiahs Tunnel
Membranes
The Kalam Cosmological Argument
Laws of Conservation
The Higgs Boson
The Dead Sea Scrolls
Biological Evolution
Human language
The Ideographic trail of Consciousness, and Consciousness itself
Biogenesis
Human Emotion
The bones of Caiaphas and Simon the Cyrenian
Soteriology
Civilization
The origin of religion itself
The Law of Perpetual Transmutation
The Law of Mentality
The size of Quasars

All these can lead to a revelation that God is real, through real indept research. "

I'm sure you meant "inept research", yes?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:39:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God being real or not is a human question, God is not human, he is not even in the conversation. Atheist are evidence that God is real, and solid evidence that he does not yet want us to know him. It does not mean anything to God that we know him now. In Isaiah 40:17 , " All nations before him are as nothing, they are counted by him as " Less than nothing and meaningless." This is what God thinks of Atheist and Theist opinions of him; they are less than nothing and meaningless to him; because he has other things in store for us all. Good things, so it matters not to him that we grope in the dark.

God could prove himself through Atheism and science, if he wanted to; because the proof is there. Science started out as a " Search for the divine", but they grew tired of church regulated science and they left the church, which started the scientific revolution; but science was a child of the church; just as there could be no Atheism, without Theism; Atheism is the child of Theism.

And man is the child of God.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:46:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:09:00 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.



I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...

Not sifting through all those pages, but it seems hardly necessary. You listed a number of arguments to support your assertion, many of which are well known and fail to substantiate the claim. I can only assume the same for the rest. But not to derail this thread, I agree with you that there is no God who wants humans to know him and those who claim to know him are delusional.

Why be lazy, the pages are there; so often I hear Atheist cry for evidence, when its provided they clam up and don't even read it. Because in their consciousness, its not worth reading; they would rather not read it, because they got their " Rather's wrong." Both knowing and not knowing God has to do with delusion, because its other worldly; alienated; sectioned off. Its more of delusion than reality, because God made it so.

The question is Why?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:53:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:46:34 PM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 12:09:00 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.



I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...

Not sifting through all those pages, but it seems hardly necessary. You listed a number of arguments to support your assertion, many of which are well known and fail to substantiate the claim. I can only assume the same for the rest. But not to derail this thread, I agree with you that there is no God who wants humans to know him and those who claim to know him are delusional.



Why be lazy, the pages are there; so often I hear Atheist cry for evidence, when its provided they clam up and don't even read it. Because in their consciousness, its not worth reading; they would rather not read it, because they got their " Rather's wrong." Both knowing and not knowing God has to do with delusion, because its other worldly; alienated; sectioned off. Its more of delusion than reality, because God made it so.

The question is Why?

It sounds to me as if you are desperate to get people to read your diatribe, I reckon most of us have better things to do!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 1:04:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:39:51 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Atheist are evidence that God is real, and solid evidence that he does not yet want us to know him.

God could prove himself through Atheism and science, if he wanted to; because the proof is there.

This is just brain dead desperation, not even an inkling of any thought process whatsoever. Grasping at butterflies without at net.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 1:16:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:46:34 PM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 12:09:00 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:44:50 AM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:39:18 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is no evidence any deity exists.



I was once asked if God was real; I gave a 129 page answer;

http://www.forumgarden.com...

Not sifting through all those pages, but it seems hardly necessary. You listed a number of arguments to support your assertion, many of which are well known and fail to substantiate the claim. I can only assume the same for the rest. But not to derail this thread, I agree with you that there is no God who wants humans to know him and those who claim to know him are delusional.



Why be lazy, the pages are there; so often I hear Atheist cry for evidence, when its provided they clam up and don't even read it.

lol that's funny.

No one is clamming up at the Kalam cosmological argument, the ontological argument, morality, intelligent design, etc... They are all old tired attempts to argue for the impossible or the unknowable, mostly by trying to define God into existence or by begging the question. It is not worth my time because I have heard it all before and would much rather read arguments here where I can respond to them and just maybe have a productive dialog.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 1:26:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 12:39:51 PM, Mickiel wrote:
God being real or not is a human question
Wrong.
It's a human invention.

Unless you can produce a claim for the existence of gods from other than humans.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.

In Isaiah 45:15, "Verily you are a God that Hides yourself!" One of the best ways to hide the truth, is put out a line of self righteous religious humans to spread nonsense, and on the other side a bunch of Atheist who plaster the world with fables as proof of no gods. Perfect confusion results; and God is hidden.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 2:33:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
God does not really want humans to know him

I think that is not true. If it would be true, we would not have the Bible.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 2:53:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.

In Isaiah 45:15, "Verily you are a God that Hides yourself!" One of the best ways to hide the truth, is put out a line of self righteous religious humans to spread nonsense, and on the other side a bunch of Atheist who plaster the world with fables as proof of no gods. Perfect confusion results; and God is hidden.

Not strange how the godbotherers are so afraid of reality.
We all die.
Humans have been doing it for 2 million years, I'm really sorry about your pretend garden.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 3:05:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 2:33:11 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
God does not really want humans to know him

I think that is not true. If it would be true, we would not have the Bible.

Well its true, but its more a matter of timing; he does not want us to know him now, but he does want us to eventually come to the knowledge of the truth. The revelation of God is just a matter of time. Notice 1 Tim. 2:3-4, " For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, Who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth." Now this is God's will; not religion, because religion teaches the insanity of eternal hell and limited salvation for only a few; God wants something totally different than that; God wants ALL men to come to know him and be with him, including Atheist and all unbelievers.

But religion does not know God, so they don't know this expressed desire of God.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 3:11:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
"The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I think you'll find that my quotes are much more recent and have much better provenance insight.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 3:21:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 2:53:56 PM, bulproof wrote:

Not strange how the godbotherers are so afraid of reality.
We all die.
Humans have been doing it for 2 million years, I'm really sorry about your pretend garden.

I think humans have been dying a lot longer than 2 million years; I am not one that agrees with Theist or Atheist, I disagree with both concerning the origin of man, but at least Theist gives man a future, there is no future in Atheism. I have no use for a concept that dies man out; its too dull and void; but neither do I have use for any religion that would punish a human alive for all eternity; which I consider to be insane.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 3:30:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 3:21:22 PM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 2:53:56 PM, bulproof wrote:

Not strange how the godbotherers are so afraid of reality.
We all die.
Humans have been doing it for 2 million years, I'm really sorry about your pretend garden.



I think humans have been dying a lot longer than 2 million years; I am not one that agrees with Theist or Atheist, I disagree with both concerning the origin of man, but at least Theist gives man a future, there is no future in Atheism. I have no use for a concept that dies man out; its too dull and void; but neither do I have use for any religion that would punish a human alive for all eternity; which I consider to be insane.

A future?
You jest.
The human species will cease to exist just as every species before it has.
YOU are not special, got that.
Humans thinking they are so special is how they invented gods and an afterlife.
WE ARE NOT FUKIN' SPECIAL.
The dinosaurs ruled this planet for 135 million years. Come back and tell me how special you are in 140 million years.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 4:04:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
I think that's one reason why there is so much confusion about God; we just don't know him. Of course you have those believers who like to claim they know God; you know, they claim God talks to them; they claim they have seen God, all kinds of things which just are not true, in my view.

God is not talking to any of us. Not now. And none of us have seen him. God wants this world to be just like it is now, lost, confused and turned out!

If he wanted it to be any other way, then it would be.

What we are witnessing, is how thousands of believers would act, if God was not in them or with them. And that is why religion is so messed up.

What is your understanding and knowledge about the spiritual if I may ask?

Religion is messed up because in most cases it moves in directions counter to the spirit, if it were the other way around you would have a different picture. Religion is a man made structure whereas the spirit is life and peace.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 4:14:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.

Speaking of speaking, what comes out of you is nothing short of verbal diarrhea, shovel fulls of manure, no thought process, no integrity, inquiry or honesty, no intelligence or intellect, just pure unadulterated crap. We little birdies are not threatened by it because it is ultimately laughable.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:28:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 4:14:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.


Speaking of speaking, what comes out of you is nothing short of verbal diarrhea, shovel fulls of manure, no thought process, no integrity, inquiry or honesty, no intelligence or intellect, just pure unadulterated crap. We little birdies are not threatened by it because it is ultimately laughable.

My knowledge and understanding is a growing work in progress. Nothing more than that.
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:31:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 4:04:51 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/17/2015 11:10:25 AM, Mickiel wrote:
I think that's one reason why there is so much confusion about God; we just don't know him. Of course you have those believers who like to claim they know God; you know, they claim God talks to them; they claim they have seen God, all kinds of things which just are not true, in my view.

God is not talking to any of us. Not now. And none of us have seen him. God wants this world to be just like it is now, lost, confused and turned out!

If he wanted it to be any other way, then it would be.

What we are witnessing, is how thousands of believers would act, if God was not in them or with them. And that is why religion is so messed up.

What is your understanding and knowledge about the spiritual if I may ask?

Religion is messed up because in most cases it moves in directions counter to the spirit, if it were the other way around you would have a different picture. Religion is a man made structure whereas the spirit is life and peace.

I disagree, humanity is so special, they remind me of the future; humans can be like God.

That's top of the line, in my view.

The Atheist view of man is bottom line. Boring; dead; strained.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:34:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 6:28:56 PM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 4:14:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.


Speaking of speaking, what comes out of you is nothing short of verbal diarrhea, shovel fulls of manure, no thought process, no integrity, inquiry or honesty, no intelligence or intellect, just pure unadulterated crap. We little birdies are not threatened by it because it is ultimately laughable.



My knowledge and understanding is a growing work in progress. Nothing more than that.

Currently, it appears nonexistent, just like your God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mickiel
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:37:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/17/2015 6:34:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/17/2015 6:28:56 PM, Mickiel wrote:
At 5/17/2015 4:14:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/17/2015 1:39:47 PM, Mickiel wrote:
Strange how Atheist speak with a majority voice, when they are a reduced minority; reminds me of the little bird that when threatened, it makes its tail bigger than itself. The tale of Atheism is bigger than itself, but its important in this blind " Covering" of the earth that hides God. Atheism is just the flip side of the same coin Theism.


Speaking of speaking, what comes out of you is nothing short of verbal diarrhea, shovel fulls of manure, no thought process, no integrity, inquiry or honesty, no intelligence or intellect, just pure unadulterated crap. We little birdies are not threatened by it because it is ultimately laughable.



My knowledge and understanding is a growing work in progress. Nothing more than that.

Currently, it appears nonexistent, just like your God.

I think God wants to appear non existent; still trying to figure out exactly why though. The Atheist barking in the corner does not know him, and the Theist barking from the roof tops is far from him;

God is a trip man!