Jump to topic:

Christianity is Not a Religion

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:33:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I do not have religion, I hate religion. I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

GOD is the I AM and through faith and Christ alone am I saved!

In Him all things were made and through Him all things are completed. Yes! Because Jesus has saved me, I have changed and I am a new creature. All PRAISE and all GLORY to Christ!

toodlepip
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:37:09 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:33:08 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I do not have religion, I hate religion. I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

In Him all things were made and through Him all things are completed. Yes! Because Jesus has saved me, I have changed and I am a new creature. All PRAISE and all GLORY to Christ!

toodlepip

Opposite day?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:40:13 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:37:09 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

toodlepip

Opposite day?

We're adapting new ideologies for the day. After all, you can't be too stubborn. Compromise is the name of the game in modern society. We have to be completely open to the thoughts and ideas. You have to remember that the individual mind is nothing unless it can contribute to the progress of humanity as a whole by helping to add to the collective knowledge we've accrued over the ages.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:46:03 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:40:13 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

toodlepip

Opposite day?

We're adapting new ideologies for the day. After all, you can't be too stubborn. Compromise is the name of the game in modern society. We have to be completely open to the thoughts and ideas. You have to remember that the individual mind is nothing unless it can contribute to the progress of humanity as a whole by helping to add to the collective knowledge we've accrued over the ages.

Sweet, then i'm Buddhist!
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:49:43 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:46:03 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

toodlepip

Opposite day?

Sweet, then i'm Buddhist!

Lol. Just in case you didn't catch, by the way, My ideology is now to have no ideology. :P I'm a spineless relativist, in simple terms. Whatever's popular... After all, who am I to hold an opinion against the majority?
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:51:45 AM

But here's a serious question regarding compromise.

What should one do when faced with someone who will not, can not compromise, and is expounding a thing that is totally alien to your values that include compromise?

And yes, I'm meaning Islam.

Islam can't compromise with other religions. At best it will tolerate people holding certain other religious beliefs but only on its terms. It will not, no it CAN not treat them as being equally valid.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:56:18 AM
Praise the Lord God !
I agree, religion has no place in the Christian life, all it does is add to what the bible teaches in an effort to justify itself and survive.

Do we need anything other than the blood of Christ ?, Noooooooooo,,
I also am a new creature, I came from a life unmanageable to a life managed by the grace of God,

I woke one morning and never wanted another Cig after being a smoker for 40 years, that was a year ago,
I drank to excess, now I last had a drink (Half glass of wine with a meal) 8 month ago.
I gambled all my life, but not any more,
I thank the Lord because I know it wasn't me who stopped these things, I tried for years and got nowhere, but now they have gone and I did nothing - no effort on my part to remove them from my life.

One of the gifts of the spirit is temperance (self control) ..(2 Peter 1:4/6)

I needed no religion to be born of God, and nor does anyone else !
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 2:01:43 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:51:45 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:

What should one do when faced with someone who will not, can not compromise, and is expounding a thing that is totally alien to your values that include compromise?

If they won't compromise, they just have to be made malleable, that's all. Everyone has a price, and everyone can be persuaded. It just takes negotiation, that's all! Diplomacy! That's compromise put into practice. :)

I'm not Islamic. But who am I to question their ideals?

Islam can't compromise with other religions. At best it will tolerate people holding certain other religious beliefs but only on its terms. It will not, no it CAN not treat them as being equally valid.

Who am I, one individual, to argue against something spiritually held by so many people? I'm only a slice of our great collective. Surely, my lone mind cannot be of a greater capacity than theirs.

(By the way, you apparently missed the gist of my comment. See: http://www.debate.org...)
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 2:50:50 AM
At 8/8/2010 2:01:43 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
If they won't compromise, they just have to be made malleable, that's all. Everyone has a price, and everyone can be persuaded. It just takes negotiation, that's all! Diplomacy! That's compromise put into practice. :)

Nice idea, but wrong. When you're dealing with people to whom there is no price on earth worth risking eternity for, and where compromise is impossible, and in Islam it is, then the only thing to be discussed diplomatically are the terms of your surrender.

You're someone who stands to be subjugated under Islam unless you DO question their aims (not ideals) and not only question them, confront them and face them down.

Who am I, one individual, to argue against something spiritually held by so many people? I'm only a slice of our great collective. Surely, my lone mind cannot be of a greater capacity than theirs.

You are (presumably) not a Mohammedan and so you do not live in the same collective as they do.

To think that Islam is a part of the same collective as Judaism, Christianity, in fact anything other than Islam is at once to fail to understand one of the pillars of Islam.

You can learn and having learned then become a part of those of us who for a variety of reasons ranging from Christian recognition that Islam is Blasphemy, to people such as myself who detest human freedoms being oppressed by a cruel inhuman cult and actively oppose Islam at every possible opportunity. You can learn, and having learned inform.

Your "gender bender" day is and was not lost on me. In fact to understand a thing to act as Devils Advocate and test your own understanding about it by arguing in its favour is a very powerful tool indeed but is very hard to do honestly. But it's very worthwhile and it can yield surprising results.

It's similar to a management technique based on including planning for total loss, and then planning courses of action for dealing with total loss scenarios cropping up in a program. It's saved my bacon a few times!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:08:24 AM

toodlepip

Amen brother praise the Lord!

Only the bible can guide us, only Jesus can save us, only God can rule us! We must hold close to our guns until the end of the days!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:10:33 AM
At 8/8/2010 1:51:45 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:

If it's not in the bible then it's name is not on the guest list. It's the Lords way or the devils.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:11:31 AM
Praise the Lord!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:15:48 AM
At 8/8/2010 6:11:31 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Praise the Lord!

Just so I'm clear on this, it's really about mocking those who are opposite to us versus trying to actually walk in their shoes? The former would be far easier than the latter of course, but for what exact purpose? Just for fun, right?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 6:28:47 AM
At 8/8/2010 6:15:48 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/8/2010 6:11:31 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Praise the Lord!

Just so I'm clear on this, it's really about mocking those who are opposite to us versus trying to actually walk in their shoes? The former would be far easier than the latter of course, but for what exact purpose? Just for fun, right?

I think the purpose was just a bit of fun, but for me personally it has degenerated into mockey. To be fair I am assuing the very opposite of what I am, that's difficult to take seriously.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 9:59:41 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Christianity...is a monotheistic religion"
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 10:39:40 AM
Opposite day at it's greatest. This is like watching a train wreck... I just hope no one seriously regrets what they say today because people on DDO hold grudges like twelve year old girls...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 11:37:47 AM
At 8/8/2010 9:59:41 AM, wjmelements wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Christianity...is a monotheistic religion"

Wikipedia isn't a credible source. Everyone knows that it has a liberal bias.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 12:33:17 PM
At 8/8/2010 6:08:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

toodlepip

Amen brother praise the Lord!

Only the bible can guide us, only Jesus can save us, only God can rule us! We must hold close to our guns until the end of the days!

Give me proof that God and Jesus exist.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2010 1:22:25 PM
At 8/8/2010 2:50:50 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
At 8/8/2010 2:01:43 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Nice idea, but wrong. When you're dealing with people to whom there is no price on earth worth risking eternity for, and where compromise is impossible, and in Islam it is, then the only thing to be discussed diplomatically are the terms of your surrender.

Or theirs. Too much idealism these days is dangerous.

You're someone who stands to be subjugated under Islam unless you DO question their aims (not ideals) and not only question them, confront them and face them down.

Who am I to question whether they're right or wrong? Whoever ends up winning the spiritual conflict must obviously be correct. Compared to whoever comes out on top, my feeble opinion is negligible. I guess I'll tell you what I think later.

You are (presumably) not a Mohammedan and so you do not live in the same collective as they do.

To think that Islam is a part of the same collective as Judaism, Christianity, in fact anything other than Islam is at once to fail to understand one of the pillars of Islam.

That's why we all need to come together as one glorious whole. We should stop trying to selfishly worship our own deities, like Allah, and God, and the Individual, and realize that the only good we have is the common good.

You can learn and having learned then become a part of those of us who for a variety of reasons ranging from Christian recognition that Islam is Blasphemy, to people such as myself who detest human freedoms being oppressed by a cruel inhuman cult and actively oppose Islam at every possible opportunity. You can learn, and having learned inform.

I'm happy to learn. I try to stay as open-minded as possible. I don't even have an ideology - I don't want to tie myself down to some stagnant ideal while there are so many other unknown ideas to consider!

Your "gender bender" day is and was not lost on me. In fact to understand a thing to act as Devils Advocate and test your own understanding about it by arguing in its favour is a very powerful tool indeed but is very hard to do honestly. But it's very worthwhile and it can yield surprising results.

It's similar to a management technique based on including planning for total loss, and then planning courses of action for dealing with total loss scenarios cropping up in a program. It's saved my bacon a few times!

I guess it never occurred to you that I'm not at all being serious in my Devil's Advocacy.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 10:00:05 AM

toodlepip

They say impersonation is the greatest form of flattery, so.. thanks.

2 Peter 3:3
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
The Cross.. the Cross.