wingsuit flying

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 4:55:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
wingsuit flying

Until about an hour ago I had no clue whatsoever that there were people that wanted to FLY like a bird so passionately that they jump from high places with a suit like a flying squirrel.

Now some might say, "what does this have to do with religion?".

The question is:

Why do people want to try and BE something that they are NOT.

I may be a bit prejudiced on the topic as I'm a land lover first and a traveler of air, sea and space as little as possible.

I find it interesting that there are many that dream of living on or under the water, flying around in the sky or outer space when they haven't advanced much from crawling on dry land in a grown up way with the many popular beliefs in make believe and pretend realities that many people day dream about.

Seems that many are just pigs wearing lipstick that dream of flying so that the rapture can happen and other assorted superstitious based concepts.

I AM that and what I AM.

I have no requirement or need to try and be something that I AM not.

works for me the most overly wonderful and then some EE
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 5:14:11 AM
Or... maybe they wanna glide for fun/challenge/fame?

If people want to improve themselves, they would naturally want to be something they are not, however I agree that they should be rational on what they try to be.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 5:33:33 AM
At 5/19/2015 5:14:11 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Or... maybe they wanna glide for fun/challenge/fame?

If people want to improve themselves, they would naturally want to be something they are not, however I agree that they should be rational on what they try to be.

The problem is that people get LOST in their make believe and pretend realities and very FEW ever GROW UP and leave the childish ways behind them.

The proof can be seen all around us. A world filled with confused lazy day dreamers that want someone or something else to take the responsibility for when fantasy anf fictional based "reality" goes wrong.

Not enough REAL grown ups in this world, never was and never will be as most LOVE their deceptions and lies called good.

How does pretending to be a "grown up" or whatever else you are not create advancement but in illusion?

That applies to who it does apply.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 6:25:04 AM
At 5/19/2015 4:55:43 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
wingsuit flying

Until about an hour ago I had no clue whatsoever that there were people that wanted to FLY like a bird so passionately that they jump from high places with a suit like a flying squirrel.

The question is:

I may be a bit prejudiced on the topic as I'm a land lover first and a traveler of air, sea and space as little as possible.

I find it interesting that there are many that dream of living on or under the water, flying around in the sky or outer space when they haven't advanced much from crawling on dry land in a grown up way with the many popular beliefs in make believe and pretend realities that many people day dream about.

Seems that many are just pigs wearing lipstick that dream of flying so that the rapture can happen and other assorted superstitious based concepts.

I AM that and what I AM.

https://www.youtube.com...

.....because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, ...................are the ones who do.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 10:33:50 AM
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

Your thread is quite timely, a couple of them were just killed in Yosemite...

http://www.npr.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 2:34:19 PM
At 5/19/2015 6:25:04 AM, ethang5 wrote:
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

.....because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, ...................are the ones who do.

My internet connection is so slow that I can't see what youtube and other video content links have.

You will have to tell me what the youtube video is about.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 2:41:21 PM
At 5/19/2015 10:33:50 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

Your thread is quite timely, a couple of them were just killed in Yosemite...

http://www.npr.org...

That is how I found out about the concept. From a news article I read.

I was aware of base jumping with parachutes and hang gliders and such, but people wearing flying squirrel suits was a new one for me.

Makes about as much SENSE as seeing who can hold their breath the longest to win a award or such.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 4:07:00 PM
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

It seems as though you have mostly achieved self-actualization, which is great. The problem is that you seem overly concerned and crotchety about the path that others choose to take, even when it doesn't affect you at all. Being secure in your own identity really should be enough for you.

And if someone succeeds in "being something they are not," are they still NOT that thing? (Rhetorical question, btw)

On that note, this thread should probably be in the philosophy section...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 5:57:05 PM
People are much like dogs, some don't know that it is not wise to play in the middle of a busy road. Some get hit and live, some with injury and such. Some get killed and some "get lucky" until their "luck" runs out.

A dog is a dog and even a trained dog is still just a dog, but it can now be called a trained dog as it knows how to do tricks and such even though much like a human it doesn't understand much beyond the treats and rewards received for doing tricks and such.

Most people are much like a trained parrot, they say things for rewards and such, BUT haven't much of a clue beyond that and are not interested in getting one or 2.

When I say that it is not wise for people to try and be something that they are NOT and will NEVER be but within some superstitions based concept.

I see people trying to be what they were NOT BORN to be.

What am I?

For all the words that man has made up and the descriptions that are available.

I AM a human anomaly that should not exist in popular "understanding".

There are NO perfect boxes to try and place me within as I don't play that popular game as I don't have a requirement for it.

There are the MANY and there are the FEW.

I AM of those few that those of the many try and believe only exist in some other "realm", place or TIME.

Those that know me as best as can be tell me that I'm much the same as I have always been. I can see and realize what would be viewed as changes in my lifeline, but the MAIN person that I AM has always been much the same from the day I was born on this earth.

Seek the ONE Truth that is NOT subjective and vague and you will find what you seek.

Seek deceptions and lies called good by their many names and you will find what you get, and/or get what you find.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 6:07:16 PM
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

LOl--Hey, if you're too scared or not fit enough to do adrenaline-pumping sports like squirrel suit flying and bungee jumping, that's cool. Just admit it and feel no need to denigrate is who do enjoy it.

BTW: guys who do the wing-suits are NOT trying to be birds/ They don't flap their wings and put on feathers and eat bird seed and live in nests and try to chirp. LOL.

They are merely participating in an activity they love. I too am an adrenaline junkie.

Are pilots trying to be something they are not?

Am I trying to be a mountain goat because I like to climb rocks?

Or a fish because I like to swim?

Or a deer because I run marathons?

Doing something other animals is NOT trying to morph yourself into being them. It is simply emulating an activity that is healthy and fun..and a hell of a rush, besides.

You only go around once, amigo. Might as well squeeze as much enjoyment out of life as you can. It sure beats sitting at home on a computer and whining about others doing stuff you secretly wish you could, but don't really have the cojones for.

Que no?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 6:29:23 PM
Jeb Corliss- Grinding the Crack.

Anyone who doesn't find this awe inspiring is brain dead.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 7:19:14 PM
At 5/19/2015 6:29:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
Jeb Corliss- Grinding the Crack.

Anyone who doesn't find this awe inspiring is brain dead.

I concur bul. But, you wouldn't see me doing that, skydiving is worse enough. LOL
Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 8:01:20 PM
At 5/19/2015 2:34:19 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 5/19/2015 6:25:04 AM, ethang5 wrote:
wingsuit flying

The question is:

I AM that and what I AM.

My internet connection is so slow that I can't see what youtube and other video content links have.

You will have to tell me what the youtube video is about.

The video shows pictures of innovative people who some believed were "crazy"
It starts off with a man holding an apple and the words 'Think different" with the apple logo of apple computers above it. It flicks through various people including Einstein, Ghandi and others, as the commentator says "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, trouble makers, the round pegs in square holes. The ones who see things differently. They are not fond of rules and have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. "

That's it in a nutshell.

Some people live life dreaming about changing the world and pretending to change it while others actually change the world.
There are always FEW leaders and MANY followers who want to be like the leaders but never quite make it.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 8:41:38 PM
wingsuit flying

Adrenalin junkies with do what it takes to "get high" on natural adrenalin.
Hang gliding, parachute jumping, wing suit flying, bunjee jumping, etc are all adrenalin pumping sports.

The question is:

Maybe they are trying to NOT BE what they ARE because they hate what they are and cannot accept the negative side of themselves?
The religious try to NOT BE a sinner because they hate being one?
They try to NOT BE a hypocrite because they hate being one?

Land lovers have their feet firmly on the ground even though the giants amongst them have their heads in the clouds. :-)
Land lovers also travel through air, water and space as well as anyone else does. You can still do all those things with your feet firmly on the ground.
Besides that, the land you love is floating around in space. Therefore you cannot have your feet on land without floating around in space with the land itself. ;-)

Life is just a dream for some people.
It is a nightmare for others.

They don't like being trapped in the reality of their own bodies so they need to imagine flying out of them into the land where they are free to live happily ever after without a body to feel pain and suffering etc.

I AM that and what I AM.

So is everything and everyone else, even those who pretend to be something they are not. They are great pretenders who convince themselves they are not pretenders... Hypocrites of the highest order.

Neither does anyone else who is content to be what they are.
Only those who are not content with who and what they are, seem to have a requirement to be "something else".

Works for all who love themselves as they are regardless of whether others love them or not.