Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Scriptural hallenge to TheWORDisLIFE

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 5:27:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You can claim what you like! I suspect if Jesus was around today, he would consider the JW cult to be the unpleasant garbage most of the rest of us believe it to be!
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:42:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Scripture teaches that armageddon will be completed in 1914 and no earthly governments or religions will survive.

Can you verify that scripture teaches this and if so why is it so patently WRONG?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 1:47:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 5:27:06 AM, JJ50 wrote:
You can claim what you like! I suspect if Jesus was around today, he would consider the JW cult to be the unpleasant garbage most of the rest of us believe it to be!

Since they teach what he taught, he could not do so.

One of his major teachings was obedience to the death if need be.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 1:55:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?

Mary did not confirm the bodily resurrection of Christ, the exact opposite in fact.

No=one can confirm what did not happen.,

Peter later confirmed at 1 Peter 3:18,19 that any who believed he had risen in the flesh were wrong.

That is backed up by the scriptural descriptions that show Christ doing things no body of natural flesh could do.

Had Christ been resurrected in the flesh then the ransom would not have been paid, and he would have been recognisable.

Your teachings on that maybe the most widely accepted ones, but they are logically impossible, and absolutely nothing in scripture is logically impossible..
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 1:56:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 10:42:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
Scripture teaches that armageddon will be completed in 1914 and no earthly governments or religions will survive.

Can you verify that scripture teaches this and if so why is it so patently WRONG?

You know very well that scripture teaches nothing of the sort. All you are doing is demonstrating what a blatant liar you are.
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:14:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 1:56:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/20/2015 10:42:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
Scripture teaches that armageddon will be completed in 1914 and no earthly governments or religions will survive.

Can you verify that scripture teaches this and if so why is it so patently WRONG?

You know very well that scripture teaches nothing of the sort. All you are doing is demonstrating what a blatant liar you are.

In that case it's you who is the liar since you claim that the jehovians only teach what scripture teaches and yet that is what they taught.
They taught a lie and you teach lies concerning their teachings.
Oh don't worry, I know that you are too dumb to understand.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 2:48:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 1:55:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?

Mary did not confirm the bodily resurrection of Christ, the exact opposite in fact.

No=one can confirm what did not happen.,

She said, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." That's hardly the "exact opposite" of confirmation.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:10:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 2:48:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 1:55:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?

Mary did not confirm the bodily resurrection of Christ, the exact opposite in fact.

No=one can confirm what did not happen.,

She said, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." That's hardly the "exact opposite" of confirmation.

The confirmation is in the fact that she thought he was the gardener because his materialised body was so different to the original.

There would have been absolutely no sense in resurrecting him in a different body of flesh, and even if tat had been the case it still makes what Christ claimed wrong.

The main point being that because of the "like for like" sacrifice needed to correct what Adam did, there is no way Christ could have been resurrected in the flesh because that would have negated the sacrifice.

But of course you have little or no idea how God's law works.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:14:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 3:10:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/21/2015 2:48:40 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 1:55:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?

Mary did not confirm the bodily resurrection of Christ, the exact opposite in fact.

No=one can confirm what did not happen.,

She said, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." That's hardly the "exact opposite" of confirmation.

The confirmation is in the fact that she thought he was the gardener because his materialised body was so different to the original.

"He is not here": WHAT wasn't there?
"for he is risen" WHAT was risen?
"even as He said" WHAT had He said about it?
"Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See what WHAT had laid?

Why don't you undertake to give us clear answers to the above questions in the context of Mary's statements?

There would have been absolutely no sense in resurrecting him in a different body of flesh, and even if tat had been the case it still makes what Christ claimed wrong.

The main point being that because of the "like for like" sacrifice needed to correct what Adam did, there is no way Christ could have been resurrected in the flesh because that would have negated the sacrifice.

But of course you have little or no idea how God's law works.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every. The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 6:30:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.

Actually, no, I'd lump animal sacrifice, the Jewish sabbath, the Jewish feast days, tithing, and the whole Jewish system into one big pile.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 6:32:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 6:30:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.

Actually, no, I'd lump animal sacrifice, the Jewish sabbath, the Jewish feast days, tithing, and the whole Jewish system into one big pile.

Ok, so then you're saying the rest of the Laws are done away with. The Bible, the book of the Israelites, says otherwise.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 6:42:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 6:32:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:30:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.

Actually, no, I'd lump animal sacrifice, the Jewish sabbath, the Jewish feast days, tithing, and the whole Jewish system into one big pile.

Ok, so then you're saying the rest of the Laws are done away with. The Bible, the book of the Israelites, says otherwise.

I'm saying that the Old Mosaic law was done away with, abrogated, taken away, fulfilled ... however one wants to put it. And in so doing, the Law of Christ was established.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 7:41:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 1:55:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/20/2015 2:42:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

I'll pick the bodily resurrection of Christ, as foretold by Jesus Himself in John 2: 19 and confirmed by Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matt 28: 1-6.

In the past, you have taken the infidel's position by saying, "Oh, that didn't happen. Jesus made a mistake." Yet Mary declared, "He is not here; for he is risen, even as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." See that? "Even as He said." Did .... ummm ... Mary get it wrong, too?

Mary did not confirm the bodily resurrection of Christ, the exact opposite in fact.

No=one can confirm what did not happen.,

Peter later confirmed at 1 Peter 3:18,19 that any who believed he had risen in the flesh were wrong.

That is backed up by the scriptural descriptions that show Christ doing things no body of natural flesh could do.

Had Christ been resurrected in the flesh then the ransom would not have been paid, and he would have been recognisable.

Your teachings on that maybe the most widely accepted ones, but they are logically impossible, and absolutely nothing in scripture is logically impossible..

Allan, you are clearly a good man with a big heart, but I tend to avoid your posts because you tenaciously cling to incorrect interpretations. Still, I'm curious. If Christ was not resurrected in the flesh, what was he resurrected as? And if nothing in scripture is logically impossible, then are you saying that it is logically possible for God to lie and still be God?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 9:48:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 6:42:27 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:32:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:30:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.

Actually, no, I'd lump animal sacrifice, the Jewish sabbath, the Jewish feast days, tithing, and the whole Jewish system into one big pile.

Ok, so then you're saying the rest of the Laws are done away with. The Bible, the book of the Israelites, says otherwise.

I'm saying that the Old Mosaic law was done away with, abrogated, taken away, fulfilled ... however one wants to put it. And in so doing, the Law of Christ was established.

Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing. That's it, the rest of the laws are still to be followed. But then again, the Old Covenant and New Covenant was written to the Israelites by the Israelites. So if you don't keep the laws, that's fine because only the Israelites are to keep them. I'm just exposing the hypocrisy of the Christian churches. Christians say they are followers of Christ, yet they never follow anything Christ did.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 10:11:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 9:48:38 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:42:27 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:32:58 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:30:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 6:10:04 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:58:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 5:52:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/21/2015 4:15:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 3:16:40 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/20/2015 4:10:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I claim that the JWs teach exactly what Christ and the Apostles taught, so here's your chance.

The only thing I ask is that you only bring out one point at a time, but please by all means bring out what you know about JWs beliefs and why you think they are wrong.

As I say, one belief at a time please.

To anyone else:: If you don't believe what anyone teaches you will be wasting your time posting, though you still have a right to, because it won't get a reply, this is intended as a discussion of scripture only, comparing beliefs and not lack of.

Again, please, just one at a time.

Why do JW's teach the Laws are done away with?

What laws?

If your asking what laws, then that means that you've been taught we don't have to keep any laws what so every.

No, it doesn't.

The only law that is done away with is animal sacrificing for sins and tithing.

That's two laws.

Animal sacrificing and tithing went hand in hand so technically they are one but if you want say two, then that's fine, either way, that's or those are the only laws done away with.

Actually, no, I'd lump animal sacrifice, the Jewish sabbath, the Jewish feast days, tithing, and the whole Jewish system into one big pile.

Ok, so then you're saying the rest of the Laws are done away with. The Bible, the book of the Israelites, says otherwise.

I'm saying that the Old Mosaic law was done away with, abrogated, taken away, fulfilled ... however one wants to put it. And in so doing, the Law of Christ was established.

Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

That's it, the rest of the laws are still to be followed. But then again, the Old Covenant and New Covenant was written to the Israelites by the Israelites. So if you don't keep the laws, that's fine because only the Israelites are to keep them. I'm just exposing the hypocrisy of the Christian churches. Christians say they are followers of Christ, yet they never follow anything Christ did.

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:06:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.

It's ok that you don't accept the truth of Our Book, the Israelites Bible, it wasn't made for you.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 12:23:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 11:06:35 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.

It's ok that you don't accept the truth of Our Book, the Israelites Bible, it wasn't made for you.

I do.... I simply do not accept BS spewed by you or MadCornish. No wonder he made a special thread here for just you and him: he apparently feels a special kinship to someone who can't read any better than he can.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:28:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 12:23:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/22/2015 11:06:35 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.

It's ok that you don't accept the truth of Our Book, the Israelites Bible, it wasn't made for you.

I do.... I simply do not accept BS spewed by you or MadCornish. No wonder he made a special thread here for just you and him: he apparently feels a special kinship to someone who can't read any better than he can.

Well, it's obvious you don't understand why he made this thread. I'm exposing the hypocrisy of JW's faith. Don't be mad at me, it's God's Word not mine. Who is salvation and repentance for? ISRAEL - Acts 5:31. God is not the author of confusion - 1 Corinthians 14:33
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:02:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.

Not really, his beliefs are as unscriptural as yours, mine are purely scriptural.

Guess that means he's more suited to you, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:04:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 2:28:16 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/22/2015 12:23:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/22/2015 11:06:35 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 5/22/2015 2:39:44 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/21/2015 11:47:03 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Really? That's not what Christ said. Christ only fulfilled the animal sacrificing for sins together with tithing.

Who said?

Now sure if you can read, but I said, "That's not what Christ said."

That's odd. We have entire letters to predominantly Gentile churches.

That's because the white man has deceived the entire earth. There are two types of Gentiles in the Bible; the heathen gentiles who will not obtain salvation and the Israelite Gentiles who were following the customs of the heathens that's why they were considered Gentiles.

The definition of "GENTILE" from the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary:
USUALLY it means a non-Israelite people. The key word is USUALLY. So in other words their were Israelites (primarily the Northern kingdom of Israel led by Ephraim that were also called the lost sheep because we were scattered abroad. Read Deut 28:64, John 11:47-52, and James 1:1) that were called GENTILES (Read Eph 2:11 and 1 Cor 12:2). The Northern kingdom of Israel headed by Ephraim were broken that it be not a people. (Read Isa 7:8-9). Also the Northern kingdom went to straight idolatry under Jeroboam (Read 1 Kings 12:26-30 and Hos. 4:17). So Ephraim (the 10 tribes of the house of Israel) was cast off from being his people because of idolatry and sin and became known as GENTILES in the New Testament being GRAFTED back in the fold with Judah (Jews) when you read Romans 11 and Hosea 1:6-11, and Hosea 2:23, 1 Peter 2:10, and Ezek. 37:15-22 and Judah ( Jews which consists of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) was still faithful to God. (Read Hosea 11:12) The Most High and Christ has never dealt with the HEATHEN GENTILES. (Read Psalms 147:19-20 and 2 Esdras 6:53-59). A279;

Pfffft. You'd be better suited to MadCornish.

It's ok that you don't accept the truth of Our Book, the Israelites Bible, it wasn't made for you.

I do.... I simply do not accept BS spewed by you or MadCornish. No wonder he made a special thread here for just you and him: he apparently feels a special kinship to someone who can't read any better than he can.

Well, it's obvious you don't understand why he made this thread. I'm exposing the hypocrisy of JW's faith. Don't be mad at me, it's God's Word not mine. Who is salvation and repentance for? ISRAEL - Acts 5:31. God is not the author of confusion - 1 Corinthians 14:33

The only thing you are exposing is your lack of knowledge, and even greater lack of understanding, of scripture.