Jump to topic:

The sins of the father's.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 7:12:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Listening to the news the other day, I was thinking that there is no stronger example of sins of the fathers being visited on, or passed on, from generation to generation, than the current problems with IS.

Since Islam claims its origins from Abraham through Ishmael, it is Abraham's sin with Hagar, borne of a lack of faith in Jehovah giving Sarah a son, that we have that problem today.

No sin with Hagar - no Ishmael
No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

Just shows how far ahead we have to think about the consequences of our actions, and even more so how much we need to rely on and trust Jehovah.

Just as Abraham's did, our actions can have unforeseen consequences way down to the line. Effects which Jehovah predicted to Hagar. He truly does see the end of our actions from the beginning in a way we could never hope to.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 7:53:03 AM
At 5/24/2015 7:12:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Listening to the news the other day, I was thinking that there is no stronger example of sins of the fathers being visited on, or passed on, from generation to generation, than the current problems with IS.

Reading this post, MCB, it occurred to me that there's no stronger example of confirmation bias than that of sanctimonious schadenfreude about people one hates.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:18:25 AM
At 5/24/2015 7:53:03 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Reading this post, MCB, it occurred to me that there's no stronger example of confirmation bias than that of sanctimonious schadenfreude about people one hates.

I don't hate anyone. True I hate the lies so many teach, and the things so many do, but all followers of Christ have to learn to separate the person from the deed.

Like my King, Christ, and his father, I take no pleasure in the sufferings of others. The exact opposite in fact.

Nor is there any confirmation bias. Islam itself claims decent from Ishmael, Abraham's illegitimate son.

Got to say it is you who sounds sanctimonious, to me anyway.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:20:06 AM
At 5/24/2015 8:18:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don't hate anyone. True I hate the lies so many teach, and the things so many do, but all followers of Christ have to learn to separate the person from the deed.

Like my King, Christ, and his father, I take no pleasure in the sufferings of others. The exact opposite in fact.

Nor is there any confirmation bias. Islam itself claims decent from Ishmael, Abraham's illegitimate son.

And your garbage isn't lies?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:24:10 AM
At 5/24/2015 8:20:06 AM, JJ50 wrote:

No, and nor is it garbage.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:28:28 AM
The bible states that the sins of the father will not be visited on the sons.
The bible states that the sins of the father will be visited on the sons.
The stupids claim this is not a contradiction.
I just laugh.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:48:50 AM

Since Islam claims its origins from Abraham through Ishmael, it is Abraham's sin with Hagar, borne of a lack of faith in Jehovah giving Sarah a son, that we have that problem today.

No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

Just shows how far ahead we have to think about the consequences of our actions, and even more so how much we need to rely on and trust Jehovah.

Just as Abraham's did, our actions can have unforeseen consequences way down to the line. Effects which Jehovah predicted to Hagar. He truly does see the end of our actions from the beginning in a way we could never hope to.

They might claim that, but as Abraham didn't exist, they can't inherit this so called sin.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 9:07:13 AM
I don't hate anyone.

if you did, how would you know? It seems to me that you're so busy judging, pronouncing and railing against this or that, that the hate might creep in undetected.

Having read many of your posts, the only things I feel confident that you don't hate are yourself, your sect, its adherents and your god.

And I don't think believing that everyone can become an adherent is the same as not hating them until they do.

In fact, I think you have great disregard for people, MCB, unless they believe as you do, or will listen to you. You seem uninterested in them as creatures of intellect or moral sensibility unless they are also creatures of your belief and moral sensibility.

Perhaps that's not hate. Perhaps it's only contempt.

But I'm not persuaded that it's love either, so much as paternalistic domination.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:04:40 AM

I think that's where you and I differ and something, that if were to come fruition, both of us could start agreeing upon. I don't hate anyone, either, and I'm sure we both would agree that the atrocities still being committed in the world are abhorrent, so we both have some common ground there. It's the hating of the teaching and the things others do which is the difference. I think that if you let go of that hatred and let bygones be bygones, you would open up those clogged communication channels with others, who would then be more open to what you had to say about Christ.

And, I think after reading about Christ, I'm convinced He wasn't the type of man to hate others ideas and beliefs, that's why He chose to always show love to others, instead.

As do we all. But, if people keep hearing about Armageddon, it creates suffering in others.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:07:28 AM
At 5/24/2015 8:28:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
I just laugh.

Since they are both from two different contexts they have different meanings and do not contradict.

In the first context you are quoting it was referring to the punishment for sins being born only by the one who committed them.

In the second context it was talking about the actual sin, and the effects of it being passed on from generation to generation.

Both statements are 100% true within their context..

Laugh away baby boy. You are the joke that we are all laughing at.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:21:36 AM
At 5/24/2015 10:04:40 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I think that's where you and I differ and something, that if were to come fruition, both of us could start agreeing upon. I don't hate anyone, either, and I'm sure we both would agree that the atrocities still being committed in the world are abhorrent, so we both have some common ground there. It's the hating of the teaching and the things others do which is the difference. I think that if you let go of that hatred and let bygones be bygones, you would open up those clogged communication channels with others, who would then be more open to what you had to say about Christ.

And, I think after reading about Christ, I'm convinced He wasn't the type of man to hate others ideas and beliefs, that's why He chose to always show love to others, instead.

As do we all. But, if people keep hearing about Armageddon, it creates suffering in others.

Armageddon will remove suffering in all those who listen to the warning.

Those who suffer will do so because of their own choice of refusing to listen.

If someone tells you not to touch something because it is hot, but you go ahead and touch it anyway, who is causing the suffering, you by ignoring the warning, or the one who warned you of the inevitable effects.

Armageddon is essential because it is the only way to remove, not only the suffering, but the root causes of that suffering, from everywhere but especially from those dying for want of food on a planet where the is more than enough food to feed them thrown away every day.

It will remove the suffering of war by removing the divisive governments that squabble of territory as well as the false religions that either cause, encourage, or support wars for their own reasons.

Do you realise that if everyone on the earth was truly Christian there could not possibly be any war, or starvation crime or anything else to disturb the peace, as Mahanda Ghandi noce remarked to a British Diplomat, and that is also the reason for his saying "I love Christianity, but hate Christians".

Why because 90% or thereabouts of those who call themselves Christians are hypocrites who do not follow Christ's commands.

That is why I tirelessly teach truth, because it is the only possible answer, and only Jehovah has the power to bring it about, and he will give his son that power when the time comes.

That is why the Good News of the Kingdom is indeed good news to those who love peace, but terrible news to all who are not prepared to accept the only way to achieve it.

You mock me, and mock the message, and in the process you mock Jehovah and his son, since it is their message.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:31:34 AM
At 5/24/2015 9:07:13 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
I don't hate anyone.

if you did, how would you know? It seems to me that you're so busy judging, pronouncing and railing against this or that, that the hate might creep in undetected.

Hate cannot creep in undetected to me. Holy spirit prevents that (Galatians 5:22,23)

Hatred is a fruit of Satan's spirit not of God's.

Having read many of your posts, the only things I feel confident that you don't hate are yourself, your sect, its adherents and your god.

Oh, I frequently hate myself, whenever I let Jehovah down in even the smallest way.

I do love Jehovah. When you get to know him it is impossible not to, and therefore I love his word.

Obviously, like Jehovah, I love all who teach God's words and strive to be loyal to him slightly more than those who do not, but that is inevitable.

However I love my fellow man enough to want them to share in what I have been given. That is what God's son did, and that is what all of his followers do.

And I don't think believing that everyone can become an adherent is the same as not hating them until they do.

In fact, I think you have great disregard for people, MCB, unless they believe as you do, or will listen to you. You seem uninterested in them as creatures of intellect or moral sensibility unless they are also creatures of your belief and moral sensibility.

Perhaps that's not hate. Perhaps it's only contempt.

But I'm not persuaded that it's love either, so much as paternalistic domination.

No I do not have contempt for people any more than Christ did, only for the ways they disrespect the God that Christ, the Apostles and I worship.

If I had contempt for them it would be all too easy for me to sit back and let them suffer, rather than give them the hope I try to give to all who carer to listen, and get insulted by Jehovah enemies for my trouble.

However sometimes it is impossible not to treat Jehovah enemies with a certain level of contempt, as did Jesus. Try reading Matthew 23 and see the example God's son set for us whilst on earth. See how he treated with contempt those who treated his father with contempt, and with love any who treated his father with love, even if they had been full of contempt in the past.

Christ is not only my King, he is my example in all things.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:33:05 AM
At 5/24/2015 8:48:50 AM, SNP1 wrote:

No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

They might claim that, but as Abraham didn't exist, they can't inherit this so called sin.

Except that he did. We have the word of God and his son on that, therefore he definitely existed.

As Jesus said, God's word is truth.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:42:10 AM
At 5/24/2015 10:33:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

Except that he did. We have the word of God and his son on that, therefore he definitely existed.

You assume its the word of this "god" that you assume exists.

Jesus didn't exist either
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:50:11 AM
At 5/24/2015 10:07:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I just laugh.

Since they are both from two different contexts they have different meanings and do not contradict.

In the first context you are quoting it was referring to the punishment for sins being born only by the one who committed them.

In the second context it was talking about the actual sin, and the effects of it being passed on from generation to generation.

We are all paying for Adam's sin. We all die because of Adams sin and he was the father of all mankind.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:06:23 PM
At 5/24/2015 10:50:11 AM, Harikrish wrote:
I just laugh.

We are all paying for Adam's sin. We all die because of Adams sin and he was the father of all mankind.

Yes, but Jesus sacrifice has paved the way for the end of that after Armageddon.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:06:51 PM
At 5/24/2015 10:42:10 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 5/24/2015 10:33:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

You assume its the word of this "god" that you assume exists.

Jesus didn't exist either

In your view.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:32:33 PM
At 5/24/2015 10:21:36 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If someone tells you not to touch something because it is hot, but you go ahead and touch it anyway, who is causing the suffering, you by ignoring the warning, or the one who warned you of the inevitable effects.

Armageddon is essential because it is the only way to remove, not only the suffering, but the root causes of that suffering, from everywhere but especially from those dying for want of food on a planet where the is more than enough food to feed them thrown away every day.

It will remove the suffering of war by removing the divisive governments that squabble of territory as well as the false religions that either cause, encourage, or support wars for their own reasons.

Do you realise that if everyone on the earth was truly Christian there could not possibly be any war, or starvation crime or anything else to disturb the peace, as Mahanda Ghandi noce remarked to a British Diplomat, and that is also the reason for his saying "I love Christianity, but hate Christians".

Why because 90% or thereabouts of those who call themselves Christians are hypocrites who do not follow Christ's commands.

That is why I tirelessly teach truth, because it is the only possible answer, and only Jehovah has the power to bring it about, and he will give his son that power when the time comes.

That is why the Good News of the Kingdom is indeed good news to those who love peace, but terrible news to all who are not prepared to accept the only way to achieve it.

You mock me, and mock the message, and in the process you mock Jehovah and his son, since it is their message.

Yes, your post here is a fine example of the insane rubbish that causes much suffering and conflict. Begone bearer of bad news.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 5:29:04 PM
At 5/24/2015 3:32:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, your post here is a fine example of the insane rubbish that causes much suffering and conflict. Begone bearer of bad news.

In your view.

Not in reality I'm afraid.

It is good news for the loyal, bad news for such as you are at present.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 5:46:44 PM
At 5/24/2015 3:06:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I just laugh.

Yes, but Jesus sacrifice has paved the way for the end of that after Armageddon.

Same architects same results. It is the same God and players that messed the current world. What is there to guarantee their stupidity will not carry on past Armageddon?
God might even lose the battle of Armageddon just as His chosen people were overcome by the powers of their enemies.
You are a good example of God's army. A wobbly lopsided aging suicidal clinically depressed serial adulterer looking for love on Mingle2 a free dating service and a little but of money on Gofundme,com to pay for some exotic Asians. Not the sort of soldier one can count on to be there when the fighting begins. JW are averse to any blood sport either the receiving or the spilling of blood.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 2:20:59 AM

No Ishmael - no Islam.
No Islam - no IS.

sorry but you sound stupid why somebody take others sins? do u punish your child for what u did wrong? if yes u r thrice stupid.

"NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT
DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON
HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY
RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS
HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS
CURSE." (from "Life of a Bengal Lancer)
Never fart near dog
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:09:55 AM
I just laugh.

Adam, like jebus are Historical MYTHS!

MCB is another confirmed agent of his Devil (e.g. 1 John 3:6 cf. 8)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 7:08:53 AM
I just laugh.

Since they are both from two different contexts they have different meanings</strong> and do not contradict.
Means they contradict each other.
That's right, the sins aren't visited on the sons.
That's right, the sins were visited on the sons.
Only a childish moron could even claim that, much less believe it.
Your pathetic childish reference to "baby boy" is evidence of your intellectual and emotional maturity locked in the ten year old you.
Just as your belief that death is just a long sleep, the stories told to children.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 7:27:12 AM
At 5/24/2015 8:24:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The evil JW spiel is always garbage and lies!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:10:45 AM
At 5/25/2015 7:27:12 AM, JJ50 wrote:

The exact opposite in fact.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:40:15 AM
At 5/25/2015 8:10:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/25/2015 7:27:12 AM, JJ50 wrote:

The exact opposite in fact.

Don't you blame your father for much of the abuse you suffered in your childhood. The sins of your father lives in you. You too ended up a serial adulterer and abandoned your children and wives. Why are you being so hypocritical? Your life is a pure example that proves the satanic verses in the bible apply to you. Even satan could quote scriptures which you do.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 3:03:14 PM

Ummm ... no. We just mock you. Your message has precious little in common with the message of Jesus, which explains why you have to claim that Jesus got this wrong, or Jesus got that wrong, then Paul messed up on this, and Luke messed up on that. Then on top of that, you'll claim that all of the Greek manuscripts - not the translations of them, mind you - are wrong too! No wonder about all you have left is some special, direct "Holy Spirit guidance" - and the truth is: you don't have that, either.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:46:05 PM
At 5/25/2015 3:03:14 PM, annanicole wrote:

Ummm ... no. We just mock you. Your message has precious little in common with the message of Jesus, which explains why you have to claim that Jesus got this wrong, or Jesus got that wrong, then Paul messed up on this, and Luke messed up on that. Then on top of that, you'll claim that all of the Greek manuscripts - not the translations of them, mind you - are wrong too! No wonder about all you have left is some special, direct "Holy Spirit guidance" - and the truth is: you don't have that, either.

Then I challenge me to show me what difference there is between the message I, and teh JWs as well as the Apostles teach and that of Jesus, because I can't find one.

Jesus made his father's name known.

He preached the Kingdom and salvation from his father.

He preached that the dead were not in a state of consciousness, but were, as he said of Lazarus, in a state of sleep.

The Apostles taught the same.

Jesus assured us that everything he taught had been taught to him by the father.

He taught that we should pray to the father, in his name, not to him.

He taught that we should make his father's name holy.

He taught that there are only two vital laws which, if kept would fulfil the whole of the Mosaic Law, and quoted:

Deuteronomy 6:5
ASV(i) 5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

and

Leviticus 19:18
ASV(i) 18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Note especially that the taught that we must worship Jehovah, not himself.

He taught both the heavenly Kingdom and the Paradise, which is the earthly Kingdom.

Luke 23:43
ASV(i) 43 And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in Paradise.

That of course is a scripture which, with the comma inserted where it is, is totally impossible,and would therefore make Jesus a liar. Insert the comma after today, if you insert one at all, and you get an accurate understanding.

Everything Christ and the Apostles taught, I, and the JWs teach. You have failed to demonstrate that to be false before but by all means try again
XVIII18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:17:50 PM
At 5/25/2015 5:46:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 5/25/2015 3:03:14 PM, annanicole wrote:

Then I challenge me to show me what difference there is between the message I, and teh JWs as well as the Apostles teach and that of Jesus, because I can't find one.

Jesus made his father's name known.

He preached the Kingdom and salvation from his father.

He preached that the dead were not in a state of consciousness, but were, as he said of Lazarus, in a state of sleep.

The Apostles taught the same.

Jesus assured us that everything he taught had been taught to him by the father.

He taught that we should pray to the father, in his name, not to him.

He taught that we should make his father's name holy.

He taught that there are only two vital laws which, if kept would fulfil the whole of the Mosaic Law, and quoted:

Deuteronomy 6:5
ASV(i) 5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

and

Leviticus 19:18
ASV(i) 18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Note especially that the taught that we must worship Jehovah, not himself.

He taught both the heavenly Kingdom and the Paradise, which is the earthly Kingdom.

Luke 23:43
ASV(i) 43 And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in Paradise.

That of course is a scripture which, with the comma inserted where it is, is totally impossible,and would therefore make Jesus a liar. Insert the comma after today, if you insert one at all, and you get an accurate understanding.

Everything Christ and the Apostles taught, I, and the JWs teach. You have failed to demonstrate that to be false before but by all means try again

Do you really believe in all of Leviticus?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:40:32 PM
At 5/25/2015 5:46:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You failed your own challenge? Yet another failure by MCB. Lol.