Jump to topic:

A Warning from Yama

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:06:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Now many of you may already have a little voice in your head that tells you summoning demons is a bad idea. It is. Maybe you're lucky enough not to even buy into such and stay away from it entirely (Thank you atheists).

Anyway. A new craze has emerged on social media called the #CharlieChallenge. It is a ritual that involves summoning a Mexican demon by the name of Charlie. Since Charlie is actually Carlitos in Spanish (Though names do not change because they're spoken in different countries), the ritual in itself is likely a hoax. Even so it still presents a danger.

The very act of attempting to summon things beyond your understanding can have grave consequences. They might not be paranormal in nature, but the human mind itself can be a very dangerous thing. A believer in such might genuinely come to believe themselves possessed by a demon and act accordingly.

Yama's guide to actually banishing a demon should such be required (Disclaimer: I have no idea if anything I've seen from movies works):
1. State that you wish to end the game
2. Banish the creature with its summoned name (Charlie in this case)
3. If you believe in a God, say a prayer
4. Burn everything from the ritual and reflect on how stupid you've been

In summary, don't do stupid things like summoning demons. Atheists and theists can agree on that one thing.

Satanists can go plug their heads in fire.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:33:05 PM
Too late. I've been trying to summon the female version Charlize Charlize for some time now. Ms Theron hasn't manifested yet though.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 7:33:35 PM
As an atheist, I'm very concerned about these videos.

Speaking personally, I believe it's imperative that children are taught how to conduct demon-summonings properly, under clinical conditions, using the appropriate experimental controls and collecting empirical data diligently.

This is necessary to encourage critical thought and an appropriate respect for a scientific approach to the paranormal, and will also ensure the right data are collected for posterity, should their vulnerable bodies be unexpectedly torn apart for demon-kibble.

Thank you for your attention.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:16:27 PM
At 5/25/2015 7:33:35 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
As an atheist, I'm very concerned about these videos.

Speaking personally, I believe it's imperative that children are taught how to conduct demon-summonings properly, under clinical conditions, using the appropriate experimental controls and collecting empirical data diligently.

This is necessary to encourage critical thought and an appropriate respect for a scientific approach to the paranormal, and will also ensure the right data are collected for posterity, should their vulnerable bodies be unexpectedly torn apart for demon-kibble.

Thank you for your attention.

Haha, this made my day.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 1:43:56 AM
How laughable. Any demon lacking the telepathic Kung fu to freeze my thoughts to prevent me from crying like a baby for is hardly worth summoning. I'm kickin' it with gods. I'm stepping to Shiva like I'm somebody, and yeah I get my butt kicked, but I still go back. I'm playing chess with the devil and yes I've yet to win, but he's always laughing at me, and I think it's because he cheats. Nah just kidding...I don't cry.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 2:32:26 AM
At 5/25/2015 6:06:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Now many of you may already have a little voice in your head that tells you summoning demons is a bad idea. It is. Maybe you're lucky enough not to even buy into such and stay away from it entirely (Thank you atheists).

Anyway. A new craze has emerged on social media called the #CharlieChallenge. It is a ritual that involves summoning a Mexican demon by the name of Charlie. Since Charlie is actually Carlitos in Spanish (Though names do not change because they're spoken in different countries), the ritual in itself is likely a hoax. Even so it still presents a danger.

The very act of attempting to summon things beyond your understanding can have grave consequences. They might not be paranormal in nature, but the human mind itself can be a very dangerous thing. A believer in such might genuinely come to believe themselves possessed by a demon and act accordingly.

Due to your post, I am tempted to summon things beyond my understanding in order to see if any of it is real, or if it is a bunch of nonsense.

Yama's guide to actually banishing a demon should such be required (Disclaimer: I have no idea if anything I've seen from movies works):
1. State that you wish to end the game
2. Banish the creature with its summoned name (Charlie in this case)
3. If you believe in a God, say a prayer
4. Burn everything from the ritual and reflect on how stupid you've been

In summary, don't do stupid things like summoning demons. Atheists and theists can agree on that one thing.

Satanists can go plug their heads in fire.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."