Jump to topic:

Unconditional LOVE is of the FEW

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 4:21:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
ROMANCE is the word/concept/idea that I wanted to address, but as I thought on HOW to proceed with what I wanted to put forth. It seemed that we just as well get to the ROOT of the matter.

I make claim that so called ROMANCE is just as REAL as the feelings that a small child gets when they are EXCITED over some made up make believe concept or idea. Such as santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and other such made up make believe REALITIES that seem very REAL to the person at the TIME. And that EXCITEMENT feeling can come and go as the years go by. Just different made up make believe and pretend to motivate the person.

ROMANCE is as REAL as the so called holiday spirit and other concepts and ideas that EXCITE people and have them believing in make believe and pretend realities.

Now about that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE subject.

ONLY a FEW and FEW is just that, FEW...

have a TRUE grasp on WHAT IS unconditional love as they ARE that TRUE LOVE in human form.

If a person can't love THEMSELVES with a unconditional love,

THEN HOW can they have a understanding of the subject well enough to claim that they love others in minor forms?

The PROOF is in that most spend their LIVES falling in and out of LOVE with themselves and others.

Now IF a person DOESN'T have a CLEAR understanding of the BIGGER picture that IS available for those that SEEK the Truth that is NOT subjective or vague. The Truth that EXPOSES the deceptions and lies of a superstitious based society.

Then YOU are of the MANY just trying to make believe and pretend that you are something that you are NOT.

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

I have NO requirement for denial of the Truth as I AM of that Truth.

There is also no such reality as a diet.

It's just a word that has been placed on a popular CONCEPT.

Holidays are another made up concept that many worship.

THINGS and concepts as REAL as most pretend them to be or not to be.

I AM most overly wonderful and then some as I LOVE myself with unconditional LOVE and I can SEE the Truth and Reality beyond the superstitious confused of the many.

No need to reply as you will most likely stick your thumb in your mouth after you leap before doing a bit more thinking.

Try the counting to 10 thing and if that don't work, just keep counting as you may be better off.

But IF you feel moved to reply, have at it as that is what will be or not be.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 4:55:30 PM
At 5/26/2015 4:21:59 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
ROMANCE is the word/concept/idea that I wanted to address, but as I thought on HOW to proceed with what I wanted to put forth. It seemed that we just as well get to the ROOT of the matter.

I make claim that so called ROMANCE is just as REAL as the feelings that a small child gets when they are EXCITED over some made up make believe concept or idea. Such as santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and other such made up make believe REALITIES that seem very REAL to the person at the TIME. And that EXCITEMENT feeling can come and go as the years go by. Just different made up make believe and pretend to motivate the person.

ROMANCE is as REAL as the so called holiday spirit and other concepts and ideas that EXCITE people and have them believing in make believe and pretend realities.

Romance is indeed a real feeling, almost everyone can check it for themselves at a time on their life. What I believe you are trying to suggest, is that it lacks value because it is based on a farce. But I can't see your argument about why the person you love is a farce that doesn't deserve to be loved.

Now about that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE subject.

ONLY a FEW and FEW is just that, FEW...

have a TRUE grasp on WHAT IS unconditional love as they ARE that TRUE LOVE in human form.

I believe unconditional love is a rather stupid and self-destructive concept. IE if you love, say a rapist, you are not very smart due to your unconditional love, and thus the concept becomes really silly. The capcity of unconditional love is actually quite far from being a virtue.

If a person can't love THEMSELVES with a unconditional love,

THEN HOW can they have a understanding of the subject well enough to claim that they love others in minor forms?

Loving yourself unconditionaly can only lead to unacceptable selfishness and a total lack of capacity to correct your weaknesses, mistakes, etc.

The PROOF is in that most spend their LIVES falling in and out of LOVE with themselves and others.

Now IF a person DOESN'T have a CLEAR understanding of the BIGGER picture that IS available for those that SEEK the Truth that is NOT subjective or vague. The Truth that EXPOSES the deceptions and lies of a superstitious based society.

Then YOU are of the MANY just trying to make believe and pretend that you are something that you are NOT.

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

I have NO requirement for denial of the Truth as I AM of that Truth.

There is also no such reality as a diet.

It's just a word that has been placed on a popular CONCEPT.

Holidays are another made up concept that many worship.

THINGS and concepts as REAL as most pretend them to be or not to be.

I AM most overly wonderful and then some as I LOVE myself with unconditional LOVE and I can SEE the Truth and Reality beyond the superstitious confused of the many.

No need to reply as you will most likely stick your thumb in your mouth after you leap before doing a bit more thinking.

Try the counting to 10 thing and if that don't work, just keep counting as you may be better off.

But IF you feel moved to reply, have at it as that is what will be or not be.

I believe you are the one that is confussed. Try looking at the interesting point you have raised with a cold head.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 11:25:51 PM
Otokage: "Romance is indeed a real feeling, almost everyone can check it for themselves at a time on their life. What I believe you are trying to suggest, is that it lacks value because it is based on a farce. But I can't see your argument about why the person you love is a farce that doesn't deserve to be loved."

EE: I never said that "feelings" were not real. The feelings that small children have about their make believe and pretend realities is a real feeling about about concepts that are just made up and not of any REAL substance beyond the FUN and excitement.

You are trying to "side step" the FACT that what I AM putting forth is that the concept of romance, marriage and other related subjects, trends, fads, rituals and on and on....

...are ALL just as real and of substance as those small clueless children and their make believe and pretend realities that are VERY REAL to them until they move on to things like religion, romance, disco and such.

Otokage: "I believe unconditional love is a rather stupid and self-destructive concept. IE if you love, say a rapist, you are not very smart due to your unconditional love, and thus the concept becomes really silly. The capcity of unconditional love is actually quite far from being a virtue."

EE: You are trying to side step the Truth again with distraction and denial of what I put forth.

We can have a unconditional love for others, BUT that doesn't mean that we agree with the person in question, be they a rapist or some other RUDE and or selfish and destructive habits.

Having unconditional love doesn't mean that I have to LIKE all others and their choices, wants, lusts and such.

It has to do with a unconditional UNDERSTANDING. Just as I understand that those of the MANY can't help it that they are stuck in a rut as they are just going along with the flow that seems to make sense to them and the MANY others of the confused masses.

I understand children of all ages and sizes very well as I AM a grown and mature person that doesn't follow the ways of fantasy and fiction called good, also known as deceptions and lies called good.

Otokage: "Loving yourself unconditionaly can only lead to unacceptable selfishness and a total lack of capacity to correct your weaknesses, mistakes, etc."

EE: You are trying to claim that you understand something that you haven't a clue to. Much like a small child and santa and such.

Where I AM, there you may be also. But you have to CHOOSE to grow up and leave the childish ways behind you and get REAL.

Otokage: "I believe you are the one that is confussed. Try looking at the interesting point you have raised with a cold head."

EE: You seem to have been so "caught up" in my post and writing yours that YOU forgot to count to 10 or more.

I AM cool calm and collected. You are the hot head with the steam & day dreams.

the mirror of Truth and then some
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:29:11 PM
Love can be perceived as a romantic feeling which makes people get "butterflies" in their stomach or a "dizzy head" or feel like they are "walking on air" when in the presence of whoever or whatever makes them feel excited.

That is what I see you saying as you compare Romance to the excited feelings children get when they become excited over something.

Most people seem to equate feelings with the word Love. If they do not "feel" the feeling anymore, they seem to think they have lost the "Love" or "romance" they once had.

We all know how fleeting feelings can be and how different circumstances or environments can affect our feelings, eg Parties making people happy, funerals making people sad. etc.
It seems that most people are motivated by their own feelings and have no clue how to control or balance those very real feelings.

Love can also be perceived as a deliberate act of charity which does not necessarily need to involve emotional feelings at all but rather is based on ones natural empathy for those in need whether you even know them personally or not.

I disagree with Otokage regarding the concept of unconditional love being stupid and self-destructive.
To love others does not mean we must have some good feelings toward them or even like them personally.
It is possible be angry with people or even hate them and still have their best interests and those of others at heart.

My perception of unconditional love, is as an attitude which looks at the bigger picture. It gives others what they need which is not necessarily what they want. It is the kind of Love which has the strength to say NO when necessary and to correct others when necessary even if the correction might cause them pain and suffering as in the chastisement of a child or the punishment of a law breaker who needs to be corrected or placed in a correctional facility ( jail) for however long is necessary for them to reform.

Unconditional love is not the kind of love which gives everyone what they want or makes them feel good all the time.
It is the kind of love which is also called TOUGH LOVE which punishes acts which deserve punishment and forgives acts which deserve to be forgiven.
It is the kind of love which thinks about what is best for the other person and everyone else involved. It does not think about itself or how its actions can cause others to despise and reject it. It does not expect any reward or appreciation or thanks for its actions of TOUGH LOVE but does what is BEST for all even what is BEST for all causes the messenger of that unconditional love to be hated by those it is showing unconditional Love toward.

Conditional Love is the kind of love which says I will love, respect, appreciate, you IF you love me in return or IF you behave a certain way and I will not love you if you do not. It expects respect, love, forgiveness, appreciation, etc from others and refuses to treat others any different to how they treat the messenger of that kind of love.

Unconditional Love loves without expecting anything in return. It is the kind of love which says " I will love you in spite of what you do or what you think of me and I will correct you even if you hate me for it. I will do what is best for you even if I must risk being despised and rejected for it. I expect nothing from you at all.

To love yourself with unconditional love is to understand yourself. It is to know how to balance your own life and emotions.
It is to have the ability to judge yourself and correct yourself when necessary.

Otokage seems to think it can only lead to unacceptable selfishness and a total lack of capacity to correct your weaknesses, mistakes, etc.

I cannot see how that is possible when unconditional love includes having the capacity to correct your own errors in the first place. Obviously Otokage has a different perception, definition and understanding of unconditional Love than I do.

True love is not selfish. Therefore true unconditional love is also not selfish at all. It is objective and puts its own feelings and needs aside as it puts the needs of others first. That includes any needs for correction if that is what is appropriate. It doesn't just overlook all evil and pretend nothing is wrong.

Emotional love can be selfish and no one can love anyone unconditionally with emotional love which is based a fleeting feelings due to those feelings being conditional and subject to various circumstances. Emotional love is very subjective and vague.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 5:58:08 AM
I think the idea of 'love' means different things to different people. To me it means liking someone very much. I certainly couldn't love anyone unconditionally!
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 3:43:52 PM
At 5/30/2015 5:58:08 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think the idea of 'love' means different things to different people. To me it means liking someone very much. I certainly couldn't love anyone unconditionally!

EE: Those of the many are of your opinion and that is WHY the world is the way that it is.

Most LOVE what EXCITES their lazy daydream of reality. Most prefer the superstitious realm of make believe and pretend reality.

Most are WAITING for SOMEONE or SOMETHING ELSE to handle the BIG choices and responsibilities.

The J O B gets passed on to made up Gods, made up Sci-Fi theories and other popular concepts as well as the "world leaders" that the many allow to RULE over them as they all go about their Walt Disney, peter pan land sci-fi ?lives?

Unconditional LOVE is just unconditional understanding of ALL and proper BALLANCE.

I AM VERY balanced within myself as I LOVE myself unconditionally as I AM who I AM and I KNOW myself VERY well.

If a person can't LOVE themselves,
HOW can they LOVE others any better?

If a person is doubt plagued and confused,
HOW can they understand others or much of anything else?

a backwards world filled with backwards people seeking "reality" in the superstitious realm.

peek a boo

I see you...