Jump to topic:

If God exists...

AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 6:20:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am an agnostic seriously leaning towards full-out atheism. I have a series of questions about the existence of God that I think are really serious proofs of His nonexistence. I am ready to discuss on the following (and more if I can remember them).

If God exists...
1. Why are there so many interpretations of him? (All of the sects of Christianity, Judiasm, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, and the thousands of others)
2. Why do people fight each other about Him even though they all agree he exists?
3. WHERE IS HEAVEN? (This seems like a stupid question now that it's outside of my head, but when Armstrong went to the moon, he didn't pass through heaven)
4. Why does science majorly contradict half of the stuff in religious texts?
5. Is he omnipotent? (Because that seems seriously impossible as there are half a dozen theories disproving omnipotence)
6. Why are there so many stupid religious ideas? (e.g. CREATIONISM and yes it's stupid)
I'm probably going to think of more later on.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 7:31:57 PM
At 5/27/2015 6:20:37 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
I am an agnostic seriously leaning towards full-out atheism. I have a series of questions about the existence of God that I think are really serious proofs of His nonexistence. I am ready to discuss on the following (and more if I can remember them).

If God exists...

Define 'God' before you make any arguments whatsoever. Rule #1 when discussing God's existence?

1. Why are there so many interpretations of him? (All of the sects of Christianity, Judiasm, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, and the thousands of others)

Would be expected if Deism is true - and thus nowaday religions have little/nothing to do with God.

2. Why do people fight each other about Him even though they all agree he exists?

Way too complex issue for a forum post. And the answer isn't always religious anyway.

3. WHERE IS HEAVEN? (This seems like a stupid question now that it's outside of my head, but when Armstrong went to the moon, he didn't pass through heaven)

Not all religions posit heaven - nor does God's existence mandate it - albeit you have yet to define it.

See above.

5. Is he omnipotent? (Because that seems seriously impossible as there are half a dozen theories disproving omnipotence)

Present them.

6. Why are there so many stupid religious ideas? (e.g. CREATIONISM and yes it's stupid)

The same reason there are stupid ideas in general. People don't know or apply the same methods used to successfully solve complex topics and problems to preconceived notions including religion, and a whole host of stuff, e.g. Anti vaxxers, climate change denial, spiritualism, etc.
AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 7:10:52 PM
At 5/27/2015 7:31:57 PM, Envisage wrote:

If God exists...

Define 'God' before you make any arguments whatsoever. Rule #1 when discussing God's existence?
I'm asking this to all people of all faiths, which means different beliefs. I'm not going to provide exact definitions, I just want to have a discussion.

Would be expected if Deism is true - and thus nowaday religions have little/nothing to do with God.
I'm sure I'm misunderstanding you-you can't possibly be saying religions today don't care about God.

Way too complex issue for a forum post. And the answer isn't always religious anyway.
I didn't ask you to answer all of these questions. And I don't think it's too complex at all for a forum post.

Not all religions posit heaven - nor does God's existence mandate it - albeit you have yet to define it.
See first line in this reply.

See above.
See above.

Present them.
For example, the question: Can God create a rock so heavy he cannot lift?

The same reason there are stupid ideas in general. People don't know or apply the same methods used to successfully solve complex topics and problems to preconceived notions including religion, and a whole host of stuff, e.g. Anti vaxxers, climate change denial, spiritualism, etc.
You're just extending my question here. I asked why such stupid and disproven things are supposed to be the words of God and you replied by saying that it's religion.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 9:48:42 PM
If God exists...

Man created religions to create gods and beliefs that please them and also to lead the real Israelites away from the TMH God.

I always wondered that myself. Each religion has a different god and different beliefs. If you insult their god and their belief, they go mayhem.

The heaven of TMH God is out of this universe. The heaven that the so called "Christians" say they will go to when they die, is not the heaven the Bible speaks of. The picture of heaven Christianity has painted and brainwashed people with is the imagination of Christianity. You may have heard this prayer before.

Matthew 6:9-10

[9] After this maner therefore pray yee: Our father which art in heauen, hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdome come. Thy will be done, in earth, as it is in heauen.
The Kingdom is heaven. The Kingdom will be here on this earth. Heaven means ruler ship. There is ruler ship in heaven and just as there is ruler ship in heaven, there will be ruler ship here on this earth.

Science contradicts the book of the Israelites because Science was created by our enemy, the devil himself, which is actually men on this earth. Science says we evolved from apes, yet apes are still apes, there was no change of kind. Science can apparently predict when the world is going to end, which still hasn't happened. Science says an explosion created the universe, the planets, etc.... So I guess if I pop a fire cracker, planets will form...lol :D

There is a God in heaven making everything happen up there and down here. Just like the so called "white" man has power here on earth. The so called "white" man, which enslaved the real Israelites, calls the shots on everything, from which country he will invade and start war with, to what group of people he wants to have less rights and so forth.

Got me on that one because religion was not given to anyone, it was created by man.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:00:46 PM

If God exists...

1. The non-monotheistic religions developed apart from divine revelation. They developed myths which as Tolkien argued to CS Lewis:

...that myths, far from being lies, were the best way of conveying truths which would otherwise be inexpressible. 'We have come from God [continued Tolkien], and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of true light, the eternal truth that is with God.' Since we are made in the image of God, and since God is the Creator, part of the imageness of God in us is the gift of creativity. The creation -- or, more correctly, the sub-creation -- of stories or myths is merely a reflection of the image of the Creator in us. As such, although 'myths may be misguided, . . . they steer however shakily towards the true harbour...

http://socrates58.blogspot.ca...

Judaism believes in divine revelation up to Jesus. Christians believe in Divine revelation up to and including Jesus. The various Christian sects have adopted heresy from the one true Christian faith. Islam is essentially a fancy version of Arianism promulgated by Mohammed.

The claim of TRUTH creates conflict.

Where God resides.

Well it doesn't.

Yes.

There are many ways to read the bible. Traditionally it has been understood that one reads the bible literally until there is reason not to read it literally - particularly Genesis which is poetic in nature. The Bible is a book about God's relationship with mankind. Thus as the old saying goes, the bible is not about how the heavens move, but how to move to heaven.

Thus creationism was reasonable to accept until we understood more. As we understand more we come to a deeper understanding of God. It is like saying lightning happens because God wills it. And while that it true, it doesn't say how God chooses to accomplish this. Same with creation. How God chooses to accomplish his will is his choice.

You can also do the same with atheists. When Fr. Lemaitre first proposed the Big Bang the atheists disbelieved and mocked him - giving his proposal a ludicrous title - the Big Bang.
AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 3:43:32 PM
At 5/28/2015 9:48:42 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
If God exists...

Man created religions to create gods and beliefs that please them and also to lead the real Israelites away from the TMH God.
Sorry, TMH? (and also I think you're just extending my question here.)

I always wondered that myself. Each religion has a different god and different beliefs. If you insult their god and their belief, they go mayhem.
Exactly.

The heaven of TMH God is out of this universe.
OK
The heaven that the so called "Christians" say they will go to when they die, is not the heaven the Bible speaks of. The picture of heaven Christianity has painted and brainwashed people with is the imagination of Christianity. You may have heard this prayer before.

Matthew 6:9-10

[9] After this maner therefore pray yee: Our father which art in heauen, hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdome come. Thy will be done, in earth, as it is in heauen.
The Kingdom is heaven. The Kingdom will be here on this earth. Heaven means ruler ship. There is ruler ship in heaven and just as there is ruler ship in heaven, there will be ruler ship here on this earth.
Alright, follow-up question: How are dead souls supposedly transported to heaven?

Science contradicts the book of the Israelites because Science was created by our enemy, the devil himself, which is actually men on this earth. Science says we evolved from apes, yet apes are still apes, there was no change of kind. Science can apparently predict when the world is going to end, which still hasn't happened. Science says an explosion created the universe, the planets, etc.... So I guess if I pop a fire cracker, planets will form...lol :D
I'm sure you're joking on this one. Everything you've said about science seems incredibly ignorant. However, this gives me a new question about Satan/hell which I will present at the end of this post.

There is a God in heaven making everything happen up there and down here. Just like the so called "white" man has power here on earth. The so called "white" man, which enslaved the real Israelites, calls the shots on everything, from which country he will invade and start war with, to what group of people he wants to have less rights and so forth.
That still doesn't answer my question. How do you respond to the question of omnipotence in post #3?

Got me on that one because religion was not given to anyone, it was created by man.
OK

7. How does hell exist?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:58:54 PM

If God exists...

The question rather should be why wouldn't there be? With all the various cultures and so many different types of people it only seems obvious there would be.
There is really nothing wrong about this, rather natural.
I think I know where you are going with this but I'll leave it at face value for the time being.

Well in politics and government systems I think it's pretty obvious.
If you mean in forums like these and on the internet I think it is because we lose sight of what spirituality is and become locked in a fleshly mentality.
It is also the mentality of believers pointing fingers and claiming the others are going to hell. The more I apply spiritual principles to my life the more I see how evil this is and the divisions in the body it is causing.

Haha, well lets put it this way, heaven is not located between here and the moon lol. Actually according to Jesus and the scripture the Kingdom of heaven is a spiritual kingdom, so if that is the case then there is a good chance we would be unable to view that in a material body. Could be wrong about that but I would also have to believe that the kingdom of heaven would be situated at a pretty good distance away but that is just a guess.

Well that may be a bit of an exaggeration but for one the Bible is not a science book, it is a spiritual book written by spiritual men, not by modern scientists. The ideas expressed about creation in say the Bible are more directed to simply invoke imagery not really scientific based details, for that would have been impossible for them to communicate such things. Rather they say things like "God said let there be light", that is a simple illustration as opposed to breaking it all down with scientific terminology they wouldn't have known anything of.
Having said that I think the creation story in the Bible is about as close as we can get to getting a decent understanding of creation, I think it was meant to communicate simply and to the point.

No, God is a maximal Being. Yes there is a slight difference between the two terminologies. The Omni crap is just made up and causes more confusion than not.

Maximal "of or constituting a maximum; the highest or greatest possible". God is the greatest possible.

Give me an idea why you think creationism is stupid as opposed to a random chance occurrence, and don't tell me it's not random, it is lol. I don't want you to bite on words I just want a simple explanation.

AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 6:31:31 AM
At 5/29/2015 5:58:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

If God exists...

The question rather should be why wouldn't there be? With all the various cultures and so many different types of people it only seems obvious there would be.
I think I know where you are going with this but I'll leave it at face value for the time being.

I know what you mean by this, but the religions are way too different to claim they all worship the same god. Plus, all the Protestant sects came from Catholicism.

Expand please

If you mean in forums like these and on the internet I think it is because we lose sight of what spirituality is and become locked in a fleshly mentality.

I don't

It is also the mentality of believers pointing fingers and claiming the others are going to hell. The more I apply spiritual principles to my life the more I see how evil this is and the divisions in the body it is causing.

But if the main point of most religions is don't fight, (and don't pull Islamic State here because they're exploiting one line of the Quran). Plus see my top answer in this post.

Haha, well lets put it this way, heaven is not located between here and the moon lol. Actually according to Jesus and the scripture the Kingdom of heaven is a spiritual kingdom, so if that is the case then there is a good chance we would be unable to view that in a material body. Could be wrong about that but I would also have to believe that the kingdom of heaven would be situated at a pretty good distance away but that is just a guess.

OK

Well that may be a bit of an exaggeration but for one the Bible is not a science book, it is a spiritual book written by spiritual men, not by modern scientists.

So you're saying the people who wrote the Bible were uneducated and mistaken?

The ideas expressed about creation in say the Bible are more directed to simply invoke imagery not really scientific based details, for that would have been impossible for them to communicate such things. Rather they say things like "God said let there be light", that is a simple illustration as opposed to breaking it all down with scientific terminology they wouldn't have known anything of.

But even if it's taken figuratively, science contradicts a ton of it.

Having said that I think the creation story in the Bible is about as close as we can get to getting a decent understanding of creation, I think it was meant to communicate simply and to the point.

No, God is a maximal Being. Yes there is a slight difference between the two terminologies. The Omni crap is just made up and causes more confusion than not.

OK

Maximal "of or constituting a maximum; the highest or greatest possible". God is the greatest possible.

Give me an idea why you think creationism is stupid as opposed to a random chance occurrence, and don't tell me it's not random, it is lol. I don't want you to bite on words I just want a simple explanation.

I'm not sure if you really understand evolution. The whole point is that it happens according to random chances.
Anyways, creationism was just thought up by some guy sitting and thinking before science existed. Evolution is scientifically proven, and makes more sense (e.g. how was God created?).

TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 11:05:23 AM
Sorry, TMH? (and also I think you're just extending my question here.)

Yes, TMH, which stands for The Most High God.

Alright, follow-up question: How are dead souls supposedly transported to heaven?

lol, hell if I know, I haven't died, so I can't answer that question for you. All the Scriptures tell us is that when we die, our bodies return to dust and our souls return to the Father. - Ecclesiastes 12:7, but Scriptures don't tell us exactly how the soul gets to the Father.

That still doesn't answer my question. How do you respond to the question of omnipotence in post #3?

You didn't understand my answer. TMH God is the most powerful being. HE gives power to those HE wants to give power to and HE takes power away from those HE wants to take power away from. The so called "white man" is the most powerful on this earth at the moment. He can invade other countries and start wars with them, he calls all the shots in this world. The so called "white man" runs this world, it's his and TMH God gave him that power. TMH is the one causing everything that happens in this earth, i.e., famine, drought, slavery, wars, etc... the solar system cannot cause wars and slavery. The solar system cannot cause the corruption of a government and cause all the evil occurring on this earth. That's all TMH God's doing.

7. How does hell exist?

Hell is not what the Christians tell you. It is not under the earth where a red guy has a pitch for and is poking you with it....that is not in the Bible. Christians don't understand parables. Hell is a condition not a place. Satan is a man on this earth today. This is going to be a lesson that I would have to type up for you, so that you can understand how the bible explains hell and I would have to send it to you through a messgae, but I'll give you a few scriptures.

Revelation 12:9

[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the deuill and Satan, which deceiueth the whole world: hee was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So this is describing a man that was cast into the earth, not beneath the earth, INTO the earth.

Jude 1:7 Euen as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them, in like maner giuing themselues ouer to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffring the vengeance of eternall fire.

How did Sodom and Gomorrha suffere eternal fire?

Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained vpon Sodome & vpon Gomorrah, brimstone and fire, from the LORD out of heauen.

So the fire and brimstone are the astroids (stars) falling from space.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearefull, and vnbeleeuing, and the abominable, and murderers, and whore mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all lyars, shall haue their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So the lake of fire is when the stars are going to be falling from space. America is going to be destroyed with fire and brimstone for it's wickedness and so many stars are going to fall on this nasty country that it's going to look like a lake of fire.

I will send the rest of it to you through a message or just post it on this forum because it's to much to type and to little characters so it may be 2 or 3 postings.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 11:28:36 AM

If God exists...

The answer to this will be based on interpretation and opinion.

Why do archeologists argue about artifacts, even though they all agree that they are from the past?

Heaven has several definitions. If you're talking about the Heaven good people go to after they are judged. I don't know. But then I don't know where the other dimensions are that are discussed in string theory, either.

Because religious texts were written in a time of scientific ignorance, by men who weren't too concerned with the science of that time. They wrote it the way they understood it.

Define omnipotent.

Because the world is full of stupid people who are quite good at corrupting and destroying just about everything they touch.

Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 1:11:35 PM
At 5/30/2015 6:31:31 AM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

If God exists...

I know what you mean by this, but the religions are way too different to claim they all worship the same god. Plus, all the Protestant sects came from Catholicism.

I didn't say they all worship the same God, I said there are a many variety of people and cultures, while the idea of God can be universal, we still see the influence of cultures and different ideas about what spirituality consists of. My only point here is this seems perfectly natural, would it not? If not, how would you possibly expect everyone to have the same views? That is not very logical.
Again I'm not saying this is the way it should be, but the way it would be naturally.

Expand please

The focus isn't about people and spirituality, in these arenas we see more power and control. This is not spirituality.

I don't

Didn't say you did, I myself try and avoid this mentality though I do get concerned with certain practices I think contradict what Jesus taught. But in most cases I speak for my own beliefs and I am secure in that. But I'm glad you avoid the same.

But if the main point of most religions is don't fight, (and don't pull Islamic State here because they're exploiting one line of the Quran). Plus see my top answer in this post.

And I'm with you, they shouldn't. I don't support that and I don't know why people form this mentality. Love needs to come before all else, this is the only foundation for truth and change.

OK

Well that may be a bit of an exaggeration but for one the Bible is not a science book, it is a spiritual book written by spiritual men, not by modern scientists.

Nope, read that again lol. Actually the folks who wrote the Bible were far from uneducated, we just didn't have the scientific understanding and terminology. You are aware of how old the scriptures are right?

The ideas expressed about creation in say the Bible are more directed to simply invoke imagery not really scientific based details, for that would have been impossible for them to communicate such things. Rather they say things like "God said let there be light", that is a simple illustration as opposed to breaking it all down with scientific terminology they wouldn't have known anything of.

But its not trying to be a science book, its simply expressing the idea of creation, is that something that alludes you?
It doesn't matter, creationism is not a science idea. Science doesn't worry about God or spiritual truth, it just studies the material world.
Having said that I haven't seen a TON of anything being contradicted. Of course unless you're referring to YEC, and in which case this is not shared across the board.
Why don't you go back and read the beginning of Genesis and think about what I said above...
"The ideas expressed about creation in say the Bible are more directed to simply invoke imagery not really scientific based details"
and then tell me what you think and if it makes more sense.

OK

I'm not sure if you really understand evolution. The whole point is that it happens according to random chances.

And that's what I said. Read that again.

Anyways, creationism was just thought up by some guy sitting and thinking before science existed. Evolution is scientifically proven, and makes more sense (e.g. how was God created?).

You never gave me an example of how creationism is stupid compared to a random chance universe, I see no comparison.
If you think like some others that we are a product of a warm primordial pond as we slowly crawled up out of that green sludge into a suit of skin and a tuxedo then that could be quite stupid too, it goes both ways really. To be honest the idea of creation seems far less stupid to me.
The concept of God is eternal (doesn't need to be created), eternity works as a circle. Everything we know as humans in a material world is point a, to point b. That is because the material is set to decay along with our physical bodies and all our material possessions.
It's our consciousness and our spirit bodies that move into eternity where the cycle of life and death are removed.

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 1:36:21 PM
At 5/30/2015 1:11:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/30/2015 6:31:31 AM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

If God exists...

I didn't say they all worship the same God, I said there are a many variety of people and cultures, while the idea of God can be universal, we still see the influence of cultures and different ideas about what spirituality consists of. My only point here is this seems perfectly natural, would it not? If not, how would you possibly expect everyone to have the same views? That is not very logical.
Again I'm not saying this is the way it should be, but the way it would be naturally.

Expand please

The focus isn't about people and spirituality, in these arenas we see more power and control. This is not spirituality.

I don't

Didn't say you did, I myself try and avoid this mentality though I do get concerned with certain practices I think contradict what Jesus taught. But in most cases I speak for my own beliefs and I am secure in that. But I'm glad you avoid the same.

And I'm with you, they shouldn't. I don't support that and I don't know why people form this mentality. Love needs to come before all else, this is the only foundation for truth and change.

OK

Nope, read that again lol. Actually the folks who wrote the Bible were far from uneducated, we just didn't have the scientific understanding and terminology. You are aware of how old the scriptures are right?

But its not trying to be a science book, its simply expressing the idea of creation, is that something that *eludes* you?
It doesn't matter, creationism is not a science idea. Science doesn't worry about God or spiritual truth, it just studies the material world.
Having said that I haven't seen a TON of anything being contradicted. Of course unless you're referring to YEC, and in which case this is not shared across the board.
Why don't you go back and read the beginning of Genesis and think about what I said above...
"The ideas expressed about creation in say the Bible are more directed to simply invoke imagery not really scientific based details"

OK

And that's what I said. Read that again.

You never gave me an example of how creationism is stupid compared to a random chance universe, I see no comparison.
If you think like some others that we are a product of a warm primordial pond as we slowly crawled up out of that green sludge into a suit of skin and a tuxedo then that could be quite stupid too, it goes both ways really. To be honest the idea of creation seems far less stupid to me.
The concept of God is eternal (doesn't need to be created), eternity works as a circle. Everything we know as humans in a material world is point a, to point b. That is because the material is set to decay along with our physical bodies and all our material possessions.
It's our consciousness and our spirit bodies that move into eternity where the cycle of life and death are removed.

*fixed*, excuse me on that one.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 3:57:38 PM
At 5/30/2015 1:11:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

It would be far more logical to think that everyone would have the same views, especially if we are to believe there is one God. He would give a message to all mankind equally, incontrovertible and coherent. This would be evidence that gods are man made concepts.

Spirituality = Gospels. That's what you said.

Certainly, by today's standards, they were not educated by any stretch of the imagination. Elementary school concepts would be quite foreign to them. There's was an education in myth and superstition. More evidence to suggest gods were man made concepts.

LOL. An absolutely silly argument, God could have simply taught men about light, but instead men had to figure it out themselves. Again, more evidence to suggest gods are man made.

But its not trying to be a science book, its simply expressing the idea of creation, is that something that alludes you?

And, just like creation, the spiritual is also just written to invoke imagery that is isn't really based on reality, or it doesn't actually exist. That makes much more sense. See how that works? LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 6:42:40 PM

Please don't think of more ideas. I'll provide some insight to this one, or I'll provide a link that better explains the Genesis. It's hopefully not too complicated for your understanding, but maybe it is. You've done a remarkable job thus far with excruciating bullet points that easily suicide all logic AND reason, and with one shot, with one post, well that in its self is amazing. Good luck, and happy reading.

http://hubblerevealscreation.com...

It prints out as eleven pages long, so think of it as a Cat in the Hat, or Green Eggs and Ham, because I really don't know, I mean I don't know where you're at. So many books, with so little time. But what a wonderful life it is, when everything begins to rhyme. This link will help shape the puzzle.
avid_nothingist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 1:10:09 AM
If God exists...
1. Why are there so many interpretations of him?
There are false religions out there, although some people believe they're all a lie. God is God. Man is man and it will always stay that way. Man will fail you and God will test your ability to keep your eyes on him. Living on earth is basically a test from the one true God, in my opinion.
They don't believe the same way as each other. False religions were created so that it would lead souls to hell bc it teaches ideals that go against God's will.
3. WHERE IS HEAVEN?
Of course, I've never been there but from various testimonies that I've witnessed, it is a miraculous place where the soul can take eternal rest free from worry, sadness and sickness and abundant in love, hope & peace. Like a dream. I believe it to be real.
Honestly, scientists are smart and all but in my opinion, everything they think they know about how everything works only proves how great the works of God really are. Its pretty fascinating, really-how no one can prove or disprove that He exists. Its really more of a spiritual question, and yes, we all have a spirit and we control where it will end up.
5. Is he omnipotent?
I believe so. No human has the capability to do the things that God can do unless calling upon demonic powers. While not the same as God, they can do "tricks" too but there are consequences. God is all powerful and can give you what you need, which are not things of this earth. The devil is good at deceiving people, though. Be aware of what true happiness is compared to what the world would have you to believe. Its been said that earth is the devils playground, running around trying to take as many souls to hell as possible. The devil might give you things like money, fame, glory & lust for only a short amount of time but they all come at a price and it may be your soul. It really depends on who you give it to!
6. Why are there so many stupid religious ideas?
I couldn't answer that even if I tried, sorry! Only God knows, I guess haha
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 2:40:47 AM
At 5/31/2015 1:10:09 AM, avid_nothingist wrote:
If God exists...
There are false religions out there, although some people believe they're all a lie. God is God. Man is man and it will always stay that way. Man will fail you and God will test your ability to keep your eyes on him. Living on earth is basically a test from the one true God, in my opinion.
They don't believe the same way as each other. False religions were created so that it would lead souls to hell bc it teaches ideals that go against God's will.
3. WHERE IS HEAVEN?
Of course, I've never been there but from various testimonies that I've witnessed, it is a miraculous place where the soul can take eternal rest free from worry, sadness and sickness and abundant in love, hope & peace. Like a dream. I believe it to be real.
Honestly, scientists are smart and all but in my opinion, everything they think they know about how everything works only proves how great the works of God really are. Its pretty fascinating, really-how no one can prove or disprove that He exists. Its really more of a spiritual question, and yes, we all have a spirit and we control where it will end up.
5. Is he omnipotent?
I believe so. No human has the capability to do the things that God can do unless calling upon demonic powers. While not the same as God, they can do "tricks" too but there are consequences. God is all powerful and can give you what you need, which are not things of this earth. The devil is good at deceiving people, though. Be aware of what true happiness is compared to what the world would have you to believe. Its been said that earth is the devils playground, running around trying to take as many souls to hell as possible. The devil might give you things like money, fame, glory & lust for only a short amount of time but they all come at a price and it may be your soul. It really depends on who you give it to!

Your profile says you are only 17, haven't you betters things to do than post complete nonsense on a forum? When you gain a bit of maturity you might just cringe at some of your garbage, LOL!
avid_nothingist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 10:28:10 AM
Your profile says you are only 17, haven't you betters things to do than post complete nonsense on a forum? When you gain a bit of maturity you might just cringe at some of your garbage, LOL!

Wow, never heard that one before! Look, I've been through a lot and God is the one thing in my life that hasn't changed or let me down. You're looking at this from a logical standpoint & I'm young, not an idiot. When my opinion changes, I'll let ya know! I can't describe how sorry I feel for you bc you're not very open minded about this but good luck to you & even though you'll hate this, God loves ya
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 10:33:32 AM
At 5/31/2015 10:28:10 AM, avid_nothingist wrote:

Wow, never heard that one before! Look, I've been through a lot and God is the one thing in my life that hasn't changed or let me down. You're looking at this from a logical standpoint & I'm young, not an idiot. When my opinion changes, I'll let ya know! I can't describe how sorry I feel for you bc you're not very open minded about this but good luck to you & even though you'll hate this, God loves ya

I am old enough to be your granny! Sadly I was once as opinionated as you as a teenager when I was a 'born again'. I am grateful I lost my faith by the time I got to 19 when the doubts became overwhelming. I cringe now at some of the things I came out with then!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 10:43:11 AM
At 5/31/2015 1:10:09 AM, avid_nothingist wrote:
If God exists...

Do you not realize that your religion could be false, as well? It's kind of hypocritical to be calling other religions false when your religion has never been shown to be valid, it makes you look quite foolish.

3. WHERE IS HEAVEN?
Honestly, scientists are smart and all but in my opinion, everything they think they know about how everything works only proves how great the works of God really are.

That is an insult to every single person who worked hard and delivered something beneficial from science. You should be ashamed of yourself, you look quite foolish.

Its pretty fascinating, really-how no one can prove or disprove that He exists.

It is up to you entirely to prove your god exists.

Its really more of a spiritual question, and yes, we all have a spirit and we control where it will end up.

Please explain spirit to us, that has never been shown to exist so you would be the first to show it.
5. Is he omnipotent?
I believe so. No human has the capability to do the things that God can do unless calling upon demonic powers.

Humans have shown we can do a great deal more than any god, with no demonic powers required.

While not the same as God, they can do "tricks" too but there are consequences. God is all powerful and can give you what you need, which are not things of this earth. The devil is good at deceiving people, though. Be aware of what true happiness is compared to what the world would have you to believe. Its been said that earth is the devils playground, running around trying to take as many souls to hell as possible. The devil might give you things like money, fame, glory & lust for only a short amount of time but they all come at a price and it may be your soul. It really depends on who you give it to!

So, you believe in the boogeyman hiding under your bed, too? Can you show this devil of yours exists or is this just another foolish notion on your part?

You have answered that. Thanks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
avid_nothingist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:45:13 PM
Do you not realize that your religion could be false, as well? It's kind of hypocritical to be calling other religions false when your religion has never been shown to be valid, it makes you look quite foolish.
Well sir, basically if they don't believe that Jesus is the son of God & that he is the only way to heaven, then their teachings are ultimately misleading. My god is real bc I can feel his presence and it is peaceful. I can't describe what it feels like bc it's too great. I don't have to meditate to feel Him.
That is an insult to every single person who worked hard and delivered something beneficial from science. You should be ashamed of yourself, you look quite foolish
To you, yes because the works of God may seem foolish to someone who has never known Him, so that's okay.
It really isn't. Its not something I,personally can show you. He's not of this earth so you won't see him unless He needs you to.
Please explain spirit to us, that has never been shown to exist so you would be the first to show it.
Your being. Not physically but the essence of you.
Humans have shown we can do a great deal more than any god, with no demonic powers required.
Like what?
So, you believe in the boogeyman hiding under your bed, too? Can you show this devil of yours exists or is this just another foolish notion on your part?
Well the works of the Devil are everywhere, influencing God's children to stray from the path they should be on.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 7:24:06 PM
At 5/31/2015 5:45:13 PM, avid_nothingist wrote:
Well sir, basically if they don't believe that Jesus is the son of God & that he is the only way to heaven, then their teachings are ultimately misleading.

Or, your teachings are ultimately misleading. Has this never crossed your mind?

My god is real bc I can feel his presence and it is peaceful. I can't describe what it feels like bc it's too great. I don't have to meditate to feel Him.

And, how do you know you feel your god's presence? Did he tell you that himself?

That is an insult to every single person who worked hard and delivered something beneficial from science. You should be ashamed of yourself, you look quite foolish
To you, yes because the works of God may seem foolish to someone who has never known Him, so that's okay.

Ah, so it's okay to insult people because those people don't know your god. You are an a$$, sir.

It really isn't. Its not something I,personally can show you. He's not of this earth so you won't see him unless He needs you to.

Well, isn't that convenient. You've certainly got all the angles covered.

Your being. Not physically but the essence of you.

That explains absolutely nothing. There is only the physical me, there is no more than that, it is like that with every human.

So, what is spirit, exactly?

Like what?

Morals, ethics, compassion, altruism, understanding, learning, teaching, respect, peace, .... the list goes on and on.

Well the works of the Devil are everywhere, influencing God's children to stray from the path they should be on.

Clearly, you're insane. Nice talking to you.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 8:31:56 PM

If God exists...

The concept you have of your mother is different than the concept your father has of her. Different from the way your grandmother thinks of your mother.

In science there are many theories about how gravity works, not all can be right. but some are similar and maybe even one is right.

Victors right history, the correct and accurate interpretation is not always the victor.

Essentially I end with saying that God if he/she exists... He is more than likely poorly understood, or fairly inaccurately portrayed.

People like to fight an enemy they can villanize. Dehumanize. This means finding a difference and exaggerating it. people have fought each other over smaller differences.

If you revering to non-violent arguing, confrontation and debate is a way of resolving inaccuracies. The sciences fight each other as well.

Heaven a synonym meaning the sky, or a realm. Like how universe meant solar system before and now means all of this space-time, but some say it means everything that existence so it would be this "universe" and another in a soup of multiverse.

Many religions say there are 7-9 heavens. This isn't much different than scientist saying there other dimensions.

heaven is a realm composed of spiritual matter. And is probably does not directly interact with normal matter.

I think half is a big assumption. 1. depends on the religious text. 2. depends on what era of science you are comparing it to.

Science is a knowledge people have and it changes. Plus the way people describe things changes as the science advances. The lingo used by newton is no the same lingo used by cosmologist or optical engineers today.

When looking at some of the ancient descriptions it could be of benefit to ask, "If a man in the age saw this. how would they describe it?"

Some of the descriptions in Enoch are a starling similarity to a black hole sucking in stars. An object Enoch (or any man till modern time) could observe. The question begs where did this guy get such knowledge? If the man speaks in other passages in a matter-of-fact voice and with no flights of fancy, why the sudden description of a dream or something imagined?

The word is ambiguous. I found no argument that demonstrates "omnipotence" is impossible.

Scientist once thought the earth was flat, that glass was a super viscous liquid, that heat was a liquid, that light moved through a liquid, (yes science really likes the idea of everything is fluid to the bottom.)

Creationism is a modern interpretation and is directly related to the historical events, translations and preachings during separations of the church.

I'm seeing a recurring theme in your questions. Can you explain to me why "agreement" logically follows as "truthful". Or why "disagreement" logically exposes "falsehood"?

avid_nothingist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 9:29:24 PM
Or you're close-minded and not seeking God's truth. If you were, he would show it to you like He has done for me and many others. But you have to seek him 100% and be serious about it. There will come a time when nothing else can fill the emptiness you may come to feel but just know that He is always there. He has not nor never will leave you and forsake you. All He wants is a chance to show you a fulfilling life that will matter after you die. God bless you & I love you anyways, brother.
And, how do you know you feel your god's presence?
You wouldn't understand, because you don't know and obviously don't care.
Ah, so it's okay to insult people because those people don't know your god. You are an a$$, sir.
I haven't insulted anyone, if I did, excuse me. Its a real problem that you are mocking and I don't appreciate it. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it.
Refer to my first response, please.
That explains absolutely nothing. There is only the physical me, there is no more than that, it is like that with every human.
That is why you don't believe in God or heaven or hell. You'll see one of them someday. I hope it's God even though you've denied Him by saying (repeatedly) that He doesn't exist.realize that this is more than any religion. Its a relationship with God & its not about what other people say and do to shake your faith. That's why I can love you in spite of the fact that we don't agree because you, brother are the one I want to see when I go to heaven. I have no doubt about my God and that is final.
Morals, ethics, compassion, altruism, understanding, learning, teaching, respect, peace, .... the list goes on and on.
Those are gifts from God. Where else could they have come from? Certainly not from past experiences of mankind. Those are the ways of God, sir.
Likewise. You are an ignorant human being in regard to anything more comprehensive than the physical being. The things of Earth will fade and what will you be left with? Think about it. Even though you try to make me question every fiber of my spiritual wellbeing, I thank you for your time, wasted. Rest assured, I have nothing but love and hope for you. Sorry if I have offended you, just don't blame it on God. Everything I said, I only meant it for the better but I'm only human & sometimes I say the wrong thing. I hope you've forgiven me, as Christ has. If only you knew...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 12:29:46 PM
At 5/31/2015 9:29:24 PM, avid_nothingist wrote:
Or you're close-minded and not seeking God's truth.

Your God does not offer truth.

If you were, he would show it to you like He has done for me and many others.

Sorry, but there is no evidence to show any gods have done anything for anyone.

But you have to seek him 100% and be serious about it.

That doesn't help at all, there is still no truth no matter how much you seek it. Truth is in reality, not fantasy.

There will come a time when nothing else can fill the emptiness you may come to feel but just know that He is always there.

Sorry, but that's just a delusion.

He has not nor never will leave you and forsake you.

Another delusion.

All He wants is a chance to show you a fulfilling life that will matter after you die. God bless you & I love you anyways, brother.

God cannot show me anything because God has never even been shown to exist. Show me your God and then I'll believe you.

And, how do you know you feel your god's presence?
You wouldn't understand, because you don't know and obviously don't care.

That is another lame excuse on your part and shows you're lying about it.

I haven't insulted anyone, if I did, excuse me. Its a real problem that you are mocking and I don't appreciate it. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it.

Yes, you did insult people with your childish beliefs and ignorance of the world around you. Do you think the people you insult appreciate it?

Refer to my first response, please.

All of your responses are the same, delusions.

That is why you don't believe in God or heaven or hell. You'll see one of them someday.

That is highly doubtful and is merely a childish threat on your part. Grow up.

I hope it's God even though you've denied Him by saying (repeatedly) that He doesn't exist.realize that this is more than any religion. Its a relationship with God & its not about what other people say and do to shake your faith. That's why I can love you in spite of the fact that we don't agree because you, brother are the one I want to see when I go to heaven. I have no doubt about my God and that is final.

Sorry, there's no relationship, its' all in your head, a delusion.

Those are gifts from God. Where else could they have come from? Certainly not from past experiences of mankind. Those are the ways of God, sir.

Sorry, those do not come from God, they come from men with brains in their heads, not delusions of gods.

Likewise. You are an ignorant human being in regard to anything more comprehensive than the physical being.

You are also a physical being and nothing more.

The things of Earth will fade and what will you be left with

Nothing will fade out, that is just another delusion on your part.

Think about it. Even though you try to make me question every fiber of my spiritual wellbeing, I thank you for your time, wasted. Rest assured, I have nothing but love and hope for you.

No, you don't, that is another fabrication.

Sorry if I have offended you

It is your religion that is highly offensive, not you.

just don't blame it on God.

I don't, I blame it on the psychotic men who created your religion.

Everything I said, I only meant it for the better but I'm only human & sometimes I say the wrong thing. I hope you've forgiven me, as Christ has. If only you knew...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 1:06:41 PM
At 6/1/2015 12:57:04 PM, avid_nothingist wrote:
http://www.everystudent.com...

Ah yes, the Campus Crusade Marilyn Adamson, liar extraordinaire, who attempts to tell us she was once an atheist but found God through logical proof. Only someone so dim-witted could possibly find her story plausible.

https://youtu.be...
Sorry you didn't find the argument you were looking for.

There is no evidence in that video, just more fabricated lies from those who want to convert.
Iredia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 4:44:10 PM

If you don't believe in God you are an atheist already. An agnostic atheist to be precise.

If God exists...

Different people, different ways of understanding God.

Human nature and the fact that the Abrahamic religions in particular tend to see their way as the only true way. This is less true of pagan religions where there was even a tendency to copy religious practices. A good example is how the Romans adopted and adapted Greek gods to their culture.

In the spiritual dimension. It is not in the same dimension this physical universe occupies and so doesn't exist anywhere in this universe.

I doubt this especially since many aspects they treat on don't mix. For instance, the Bible has books of the prophets and their statements, records of historical events in the likes of Kings, prose and poetry in the Psalms & Proverbs etcetera. Science contradicts some parts of the Bible particularly Genesis but not all, and probably not a major part.

Mention such theories.

Creationism makes more sense than evolution, specifically universal common ancestry.

Okay.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.