Religious Game

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 6:54:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Want a break from the monotony?
Just for the fun of it I would like the Atheists and Agnostics to play along and describe for me what you think the differences are between what Jesus taught, and the religious systems that be?

Which sects or denominations do you think best describe what Christ taught and lived if any?

If none, describe for me what you believe would best establish His teachings as a body, how would you set it up, and what would this religion accomplish? How would it operate and what would it's mission be?

Describe for me what you think it would mean to live as a Christian in your own opinion, what does that entail and what would that consist of?

What would be your relation to God the Father be in your opinion of what Christ taught?

Thanks look forward to seeing some creativity. If you don't want to stick only to what Jesus taught and would add a few things to it that would be fun too.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 8:17:36 PM
At 5/29/2015 6:54:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Just for the fun of it I would like the Atheists and Agnostics to play along and describe for me what you think the differences are between what Jesus taught, and the religious systems that be?

Which sects or denominations do you think best describe what Christ taught and lived if any?

If none, describe for me what you believe would best establish His teachings as a body, how would you set it up, and what would this religion accomplish? How would it operate and what would it's mission be?

Describe for me what you think it would mean to live as a Christian in your own opinion, what does that entail and what would that consist of?

What would be your relation to God the Father be in your opinion of what Christ taught?

Thanks look forward to seeing some creativity. If you don't want to stick only to what Jesus taught and would add a few things to it that would be fun too.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 8:07:31 AM
At 5/29/2015 8:17:36 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Lol, yes hypocrisy is bad.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:46:01 AM

Looks like no one wants to play your games anymore. LOL.

But, I'll bite, seeing as how you failed to provide anything substantial to my inquiry, I can at the very least show you how it's done.

If Jesus actually existed, he represented something that was going on during that time, which involved the Romans and the brutality that existed as they spread their empire across the known world.

The simple idea was that Jesus was trying to tell us all to stop the brutality, to stop living like barbaric madmen and start to live our lives peacefully, using reason, rationale and logic instead of outdated scriptures. If we remove all the hatred, bigotry, violence, racism, oppression, anger. delusion, insanity and all the other aspects of the Bible that have nothing to do with the message Jesus was trying to offer, we would have a system, not of a religious nature, but of a secular nature of understanding one another and getting along.

In this case, the Bible might very well turn into a pamphlet, but a damn good one.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:52:04 AM
At 5/30/2015 10:46:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

But, I'll bite, seeing as how you failed to provide anything substantial to my inquiry, I can at the very least show you how it's done.

If Jesus actually existed, he represented something that was going on during that time, which involved the Romans and the brutality that existed as they spread their empire across the known world.

The simple idea was that Jesus was trying to tell us all to stop the brutality, to stop living like barbaric madmen and start to live our lives peacefully, using reason, rationale and logic instead of outdated scriptures. If we remove all the hatred, bigotry, violence, racism, oppression, anger. delusion, insanity and all the other aspects of the Bible that have nothing to do with the message Jesus was trying to offer, we would have a system, not of a religious nature, but of a secular nature of understanding one another and getting along.

In this case, the Bible might very well turn into a pamphlet, but a damn good one.

Okay are you removing spirituality on purpose, or because you haven't read the Gospels lol? Or because you want to pretend Jesus wasn't spiritual or had a relation with God the Father?
You seem to be able to comprehend the material aspect, but of course when it come to anything spiritual you tuck your tail between your legs.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:53:27 AM
At 5/30/2015 10:52:04 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Okay are you removing spirituality on purpose, or because you haven't read the Gospels lol? Or because you want to pretend Jesus wasn't spiritual or had a relation with God the Father?
You seem to be able to comprehend the material aspect, but of course when it come to anything spiritual you tuck your tail between your legs.

Have a great day atheist.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:53:37 AM
At 5/30/2015 10:52:04 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

The spiritual is nothing more than a delusion in your head, this is the type of thing that should be removed from Scriptures as it only serves to show the authors who believed it were insane.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth