Jump to topic:

How to make praying real.

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:02:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was playing around with prayers by replacing the word god with Universe and I am going to say one next time my idiot relatives need to say grace.

Anyway here's four I did from a quick search on Google of popular christian dinner prayer.

The Universe is great, and The Universe is good, and we thank it for our food; By the Universes hand we all are fed; Give us, Universe, our daily bread.

Universe, we thank you for this food. For rest and home and all things good. For wind and rain and sun above. But most of all for those we love.

O Universe, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget the needy and those in want.

Bless us,
O Universe,
and these your gifts,
which we are about to receive
from your bounty.
Through your sun our Universe.
Amen.

The bottom one is a Catholic prayer, got a little creative with Jesus there at the end.

If you make any please post them!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:39:48 AM
At 6/2/2015 12:02:37 AM, Accipiter wrote:
I was playing around with prayers by replacing the word god with Universe and I am going to say one next time my idiot relatives need to say grace.

Anyway here's four I did from a quick search on Google of popular christian dinner prayer.

You go too far too fast. Be a sun worshipper.

Sol is great, and Sol is good, and we thank it for our food; By Sol's hand we all are fed; Give us, Sol, our daily bread.

Sol, we thank you for this food. For rest and home and all things good. For wind and rain and sunlight above. But most of all for those we love.

O Sol, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget the needy and those in want.

Bless us, O Sol, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through light and heat from our Sun. Amen.

The bottom one is a Catholic prayer, got a little creative with Jesus there at the end.

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:55:18 AM
At 6/2/2015 12:39:48 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 6/2/2015 12:02:37 AM, Accipiter wrote:

You go too far too fast. Be a sun worshipper.

Sol is great, and Sol is good, and we thank it for our food; By Sol's hand we all are fed; Give us, Sol, our daily bread.

Sol, we thank you for this food. For rest and home and all things good. For wind and rain and sunlight above. But most of all for those we love.

O Sol, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget the needy and those in want.

Bless us, O Sol, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through light and heat from our Sun. Amen.

But I don't want to worship only the Sun I want to worship my entire Universe because it took all of it to make me and the Sun in our sky is the son of our Universe.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:57:51 AM
Our Sun
Our Sun,
Who art in the heavens,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy fusion come;
Thy light be shone on earth as it is in the heavens.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our carbon emissions
as we forgive those who pollute around us;
and lead us not into starvation,
but deliver us from darkness. Amen.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 6:13:21 AM
This works much better if you replace the word "Universe" with the word Sidewalker, especially if you tithe.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 10:48:20 PM
At 6/2/2015 6:13:21 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
This works much better if you replace the word "Universe" with the word Sidewalker, especially if you tithe.

What's a Sidewalker?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 10:54:41 PM
At 6/2/2015 12:57:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
Our Sun
Our Sun,
Who art in the heavens,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy fusion come;

Not bad but if I say carbon emissions they will stone me.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:41:09 PM
At 6/2/2015 10:54:41 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/2/2015 12:57:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
Our Sun
Our Sun,
Who art in the heavens,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy fusion come;

Not bad but if I say carbon emissions they will stone me.

Okay, how about:

Our Sun
Our Sun,
Who art in the heavens,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy fusion come;
Give us this day our daily vitamin D;
and forgive us our shadiness
as we forgive those who are shady amongst us;
and lead us not into melanoma,