Problems we face with/without religion.

Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:18:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rules:
1. I am only interested in diligent and committed people to talk to.
2. Opinions are welcome, just realise that ignorance will most likely be met by more ignorance.
3. We don't need online evangelists, this is an honest forum regarding issues, not souls.
4. To completely understand this forum, please read the definitions of the words I have written up, as well as the forum 'God has some things to answer for'
http://www.debate.org...
5. Don't complain about the length... it's a religious forum, what did you really expect?

There are a LOT of dictionary definitions to get the on the right page... the content is there though.

I previously made a forum on 'God has some things to answer for'
It involved a short summary of my testimony as well as problems I have been facing as a Christian. I wanted answers throughout my life and people wouldn't give them to me, as a result I became irritated and would lash out at any sight of ignorance as I quickly became intolerant to it.
I made the first forum in order to get some rest over the issue, however I don't think people took it very well or didn't understand what I meant, there was too many complete opposite responses. So I decided to start a new forum regarding problems in general that we face with and even without religion.
I would first like to get some definitions out of the way and then talk about my religion.

Legalism - strict adherence, or the principle of strict adherence, to law or prescription, especially to the letter rather than the spirit. the doctrine that salvation is gained through good works. the judging of conduct in terms of adherence to precise laws.
Spiritual (adjective) 1 - relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

Fundamentalism - was a movement that arose in the late 19th and early 20th centuries within American Protestantism reacting against "modernist" theology and biblical criticism as well as changes in the nation's cultural and social scene.

Modernism - https://www.christiancourier.com...
(the definition is too large to put here, but here is a link to what it basically is)

Liberalism - http://www.gotquestions.org...
(similar to modernism, the view is so large, the site is more appropriate)

Moderatism - moderation in doctrines or opinions; specifically : the opinions or policy of a moderate party or group in politics or religion.
(moderation - the avoidance of excess or extremes, especially in one's behaviour or political opinions.)

Literalism - adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense", where literal means "in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical.

Religion (noun) 1 - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Religion (noun) 2 - a particular system of faith and worship.

Religion (noun) 3 - a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

Spiritual journey - is a phrase used by many different religions to mean the natural progression of a person as they grow in understanding of God, the world, and himself. It is an intentional lifestyle of growing deeper in knowledge and wisdom.

Cult (noun) 1 - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object. (Veneration - great respect; reverence)

Cult (noun) 2 - a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.

Spiritual (adjective) 2 - relating to religion or religious belief.

The form of Christianity I am under isn't a legalistic, literalistic or fundamental style of faith, it would be more of a mixture of moderate / modernist / liberalist. I am not a supporter of Intelligent Design or Creation (where god literally physically intervened with the creation of people). I am Christian who primarily has grace, love, forgiveness etc. The denomination I am in would be a new age Pentecostal based faith, the church believes in the trinity and promotes a relationship with god and the holy spirit.

If you have any questions about what kind of Christian I am, I am happy to respond with a more in depth version to assist you with any issues.

As for the rest of this forum, this is an open topic that is quite broad, I see problems with Christianity involving other Christ like figures from the past even dating before jesus, all claiming to be sons of god, all coming out when they were 12 to talk to a high up, leaving for 18 years. Coming back at 30, having 12 disciples, raising them up and in the end, dying for salvation of the masses.

The other problem I have is that when religions were created back in the day, they would copy a large portion of doctrine from other religions and create a new one.
Similar to how we have a popular search engine like google, we have a popular religion like Christianity.

These are just some problems, I will state more in the near future.
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:21:57 PM
Since this post was so l didn't bother adding too much more information, I wanted to get people writing answers down straight away so we could get a sum of problems to discuss. As I am sure it's not just me even as a Christian who has at least some problems. This is an open place where there is no judgement or condemnation.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:15:39 PM
At 6/2/2015 12:18:41 PM, Kryptic wrote:
The other problem I have is that when religions were created back in the day, they would copy a large portion of doctrine from other religions and create a new one.

You realise that this is simply not possible, don't you?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:38:22 PM
Rules:
2. Opinions are welcome, just realise that ignorance will most likely be met by more ignorance.
3. We don't need online evangelists, this is an honest forum regarding issues, not souls.
4. To completely understand this forum, please read the definitions of the words I have written up, as well as the forum 'God has some things to answer for'
5. Don't complain about the length... it's a religious forum, what did you really expect?

There are a LOT of dictionary definitions to get the on the right page... the content is there though.

It involved a short summary of my testimony as well as problems I have been facing as a Christian. I wanted answers throughout my life and people wouldn't give them to me, as a result I became irritated and would lash out at any sight of ignorance as I quickly became intolerant to it.
I made the first forum in order to get some rest over the issue, however I don't think people took it very well or didn't understand what I meant, there was too many complete opposite responses. So I decided to start a new forum regarding problems in general that we face with and even without religion.
I would first like to get some definitions out of the way and then talk about my religion.

Legalism - strict adherence, or the principle of strict adherence, to law or prescription, especially to the letter rather than the spirit. the doctrine that salvation is gained through good works. the judging of conduct in terms of adherence to precise laws.
Spiritual (adjective) 1 - relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

Fundamentalism - was a movement that arose in the late 19th and early 20th centuries within American Protestantism reacting against "modernist" theology and biblical criticism as well as changes in the nation's cultural and social scene.

(the definition is too large to put here, but here is a link to what it basically is)

Moderatism - moderation in doctrines or opinions; specifically : the opinions or policy of a moderate party or group in politics or religion.
(moderation - the avoidance of excess or extremes, especially in one's behaviour or political opinions.)

Literalism - adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense", where literal means "in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical.

Religion (noun) 1 - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Spiritual journey - is a phrase used by many different religions to mean the natural progression of a person as they grow in understanding of God, the world, and himself. It is an intentional lifestyle of growing deeper in knowledge and wisdom.

Cult (noun) 1 - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object. (Veneration - great respect; reverence)

Cult (noun) 2 - a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.

The form of Christianity I am under isn't a legalistic, literalistic or fundamental style of faith, it would be more of a mixture of moderate / modernist / liberalist. I am not a supporter of Intelligent Design or Creation (where god literally physically intervened with the creation of people). I am Christian who primarily has grace, love, forgiveness etc. The denomination I am in would be a new age Pentecostal based faith, the church believes in the trinity and promotes a relationship with god and the holy spirit.

If you have any questions about what kind of Christian I am, I am happy to respond with a more in depth version to assist you with any issues.

As for the rest of this forum, this is an open topic that is quite broad, I see problems with Christianity involving other Christ like figures from the past even dating before jesus, all claiming to be sons of god, all coming out when they were 12 to talk to a high up, leaving for 18 years. Coming back at 30, having 12 disciples, raising them up and in the end, dying for salvation of the masses.

Similar to how we have a popular search engine like google, we have a popular religion like Christianity.

You have no knowledge nor understanding of the Scriptures. You're a Christian so that's how I know you know nothing about our (Israelits) Book.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:48:23 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:38:22 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Rules:

You have no knowledge nor understanding of the Scriptures. You're a Christian so that's how I know you know nothing about our (Israelits) Book.

You feel superior Christians - noted. Now that we have that out of the way, maybe you can let him get to the point of his thread?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:54:50 PM
Rules:

That is not an argument. You must show how what he said was wrong, rather than simply saying he is wrong for disagreeing with you.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 2:12:49 PM

Well I'm doing theology, so I hope I do
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 2:13:30 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:15:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

Great, this is what I'm after. show me how I'm wrong :)
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:06:48 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:54:50 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:
Rules:

That is not an argument. You must show how what he said was wrong, rather than simply saying he is wrong for disagreeing with you.

He's a Christian and everything that Christians say is wrong, what christians say is not scriptural.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:07:57 PM
At 6/2/2015 2:12:49 PM, Kryptic wrote:

No, you don't. Nobody knows our Book but us real Israelites.
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 7:49:22 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:07:57 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

That's ignorant, that's like saying no one knows Palaeontology like us dinosaurs, stop being ridiculous and realise that someone can learn something regardless of ethnicity, you overgrown toddler. I already stated that ignorance and opinion will be met with more ignorance and opinion. Unless you are interest in logical and reasonable talk then it is pointless talking to you...
By the way, no jew nor gentile is excluded from the kingdom of god; or so your fallacy filled ancient book says anyway.
Have a good day,
or as you would say.
Durka durk
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 7:51:44 PM
He's a Christian and everything that Christians say is wrong, what christians say is not scriptural.

Actually that's just ignorant and bigoted. Current science methods all started from religious faith. Psychology, Astronomy, Biology, Geology etc etc.
It's just when logic and reason came into it, they found a lot of trash that simply wasn't true.

If you were to actually do the pre-requisites like I said, you would know my story. Thanks for doing at least that, but clearly your pride and arrogance outshines your intelligence. Have a good day
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:15:26 PM
At 6/2/2015 2:13:30 PM, Kryptic wrote:

They must have already been created if large portions are being co-opted by the newer religions.
Talk about the religions that were CREATED back in the day.
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:21:12 PM
At 6/2/2015 11:15:26 PM, bulproof wrote:

They must have already been created if large portions are being co-opted by the newer religions.

So basically, the book of genesis involving adam and even as well as noah. The book of proverbs and many of the phrases jesus used were all in books well before the bibles time.

)
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:23:45 PM
At 6/2/2015 7:49:22 PM, Kryptic wrote:

That's ignorant, that's like saying no one knows Palaeontology like us dinosaurs, stop being ridiculous and realise that someone can learn something regardless of ethnicity, you overgrown toddler. I already stated that ignorance and opinion will be met with more ignorance and opinion. Unless you are interest in logical and reasonable talk then it is pointless talking to you...
By the way, no jew nor gentile is excluded from the kingdom of god; or so your fallacy filled ancient book says anyway.
Have a good day,
or as you would say.
Durka durk

I'm ignorant, yet you refused to answer my questions, probably because you don't know the answers.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:25:09 PM
At 6/2/2015 7:51:44 PM, Kryptic wrote:

Actually that's just ignorant and bigoted. Current science methods all started from religious faith. Psychology, Astronomy, Biology, Geology etc etc.
It's just when logic and reason came into it, they found a lot of trash that simply wasn't true.

If you were to actually do the pre-requisites like I said, you would know my story. Thanks for doing at least that, but clearly your pride and arrogance outshines your intelligence. Have a good day

Right, and that's why Christians believe there is a red guy underneath the earth poking people with a pitch fork. If you are a Christian, sorry to tell you, but you don't know our Book.
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:25:59 PM
At 6/2/2015 11:23:45 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Have a good day,
or as you would say.
Durka durk

I'm ignorant, yet you refused to answer my questions, probably because you don't know the answers.

lmao, where was your question?
Kryptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:27:58 PM
At 6/2/2015 11:25:09 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Right, and that's why Christians believe there is a red guy underneath the earth poking people with a pitch fork. If you are a Christian, sorry to tell you, but you don't know our Book.

if you read my other forum, you would know I am an agnostic deist with a Christian background currently doing theology and learning more about the bible. I do not claim to know a god exists, I do not claim one does not exist. I do not claim to know which god exists. I personally respect and even acknowledge and for the most part accept that there is some kind of all powerful deity.

but I will most likely become completely agnostic or atheistic one day.
your assumptions of me are wrong and bad
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 11:28:35 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:25:59 PM, Kryptic wrote:
At 6/2/2015 11:23:45 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Have a good day,
or as you would say.
Durka durk

lmao, where was your question?

In your other forum. What is sin? and what is love to God?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 11:35:09 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:27:58 PM, Kryptic wrote:

if you read my other forum, you would know I am an agnostic deist with a Christian background currently doing theology and learning more about the bible. I do not claim to know a god exists, I do not claim one does not exist. I do not claim to know which god exists. I personally respect and even acknowledge and for the most part accept that there is some kind of all powerful deity.

Well that's being a hypocrite, which is a Christian. You cannot be a Christian and be agnostic at the same time, there is no such thing. You either believe that the God of the Bible exists or that HE doesn't. Also, I see that you say your nationality is a "white" man/woman. It doesn't matter if you believe or not, your going to be enslaved, along the with rest of the nations, by the real Israelites when Christ returns, it is what it is. - Revelation 13:10.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 12:16:14 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:21:12 PM, Kryptic wrote:
At 6/2/2015 11:15:26 PM, bulproof wrote:

So basically, the book of genesis involving adam and even as well as noah. The book of proverbs and many of the phrases jesus used were all in books well before the bibles time.

)

You do understand that religions were created well before the Canaanites created theirs?
What you mean is when the Judeo/christian religions were being created back in the day.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 2:51:57 AM
At 6/3/2015 11:35:09 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 6/2/2015 11:27:58 PM, Kryptic wrote:

Well that's being a hypocrite, which is a Christian. You cannot be a Christian and be agnostic at the same time, there is no such thing. You either believe that the God of the Bible exists or that HE doesn't. Also, I see that you say your nationality is a "white" man/woman. It doesn't matter if you believe or not, your going to be enslaved, along the with rest of the nations, by the real Israelites when Christ returns, it is what it is. - Revelation 13:10.

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
If any man have an ear, let him hear.
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.
Here is the patience and the faith of the saints." Revelation 13:8-10

Where does this verse say that the "real Israelites" are going to enslave the rest of the world? What does this verse mean?

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:12

Or this verse?

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

"And have put on the new"man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond"nor"free: but Christ"is"all, and in all." Colossians 3:10

How could God hate anyone when He is Love and He is the Father and God of all things?

"Is he"the God of the Jews only?"is he"not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also" Romans 3:29

"Behold, I"am"the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

God, who has created all things and does all things after the council of His own Will, does not hate anyone. He Loves everyone because God IS Love. Do you really believe that God views anyone with higher respect than another?

"For there is no respect of persons with God." Romans 2:11

Even if one is a non believer, God does not view this person as any different than anyone else.

"For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar" Romans 3:3

"Even the righteousness of God"which is"by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:"
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3:22

I'm sorry my friend, but I believe your mind is still Carnal. I'd be more than happy to discuss these things with you if you'd like, but I'm a white man, so is there something I'm missing? Thank you friend and God bless you.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 2:19:41 PM
Where does this verse say that the "real Israelites" are going to enslave the rest of the world? What does this verse mean?

Who led the so called "African Americans, Native Americans & Latinos" into slavery? Those nations that led us in to captivity will go into captivity. When Christ returns He is not coming to give hugs n kisses, that's not in the Bible. Christ is coming back to destroy.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the dayes of Noe: so shal it be also in the dayes of the Sonne of man.

What happen in the days of Noah? Destruction; God destroyed the earth with water. It is going to be the same when Christ returns - destruction, except instead of water, it is going to be fire.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord wil come as a thiefe in the night, in the which the heauens shall passe away with a great noise, and the Elements shall melt with feruent heate, the earth also and the works that are therin shalbe burnt vp.

Christ only came for Israel; salvation is only for Israel - Matthew 15:24; Acts 5:31; Romans 11:26; Isaiah 45:17; Jeremiah 23:6

You don't understand our book, that's why you think when Christ says "all men" you think He is talking about everyone on the earth.

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:12

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my hearts desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saued.

So who was Paul speaking to in Romans 10:12? He was speaking to the Jews, not the entire world.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the Law was our Schoolemaster to bring vs vnto Christ, that we might be iustified by Faith.

Who was under the Law in the Old Testament and is under the Law in the NT? The Israelites, so again, Paul is speaking to the Israelites that are in Galatia, he is not talking to the entire world.

"And have put on the new"man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond"nor"free: but Christ"is"all, and in all." Colossians 3:10

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore (as the elect of God, holy and beloued) bowels of mercies, kindnesse, humblenesse of minde, meekenesse, long suffering,

Who is the elect of God? Israel.

Psalms 135:4 For the Lord hath chosen Iacob vnto himselfe: and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Isaiah 44:1 Yet now heare, O Iacob my seruant, and Israel whom I haue chosen.

Amos 3:1-2
[1] Heare this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family, which I brought vp from the land of Egypt, saying;

[2] You onely haue I knowen of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbidde. For I also am an Israelite of the seede of Abraham, of the tribe of Beniamin.

So who is God's elect? ISRAEL, not every nation, and there is no such thing as spiritual Israel.

How could God hate anyone when He is Love and He is the Father and God of all things?

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Iacob haue I loued, but Esau haue I hated.

The Most High God hates to so called "white people". Esau was born red (Genesis 25:25). What people on earth today have red skin? The so called "white man". They go in the sun, their skin turns red; they get angry or cry, their skin turns red. The white man is Esau.

"Is he"the God of the Jews only?"is he"not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also" Romans 3:29

The Gentiles are the Israelites.

John 7:35 Then saide the Iewes among themselues, Whither will hee goe, that we shall not find him? will he goe vnto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

Who are the dispersed?

Deuteronomy 4:1;27
[1] Nowe therefore hearken, O Israel, vnto the Statutes, and vnto the Iudgments which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may liue, and goe in and possesse the lande, which the Lord God of your fathers giueth you.

[27] And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.

So the scattered/dispersed are the Israelites.

"Behold, I"am"the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

HE is the God of all flesh but who did HE choose out of all the flesh? ISRAEL - Amos 3:1-2.

God, who has created all things and does all things after the council of His own Will, does not hate anyone. He Loves everyone because God IS Love.

Show me where it says God loves everybody?

Do you really believe that God views anyone with higher respect than another?

Deuteronomy 26:18-19

[18] And the Lord hath auouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keepe all his Commaundements:

Who is God's peculiar people? ISRAEL.

Psalms 135:4 For the Lord hath chosen Iacob vnto himselfe: and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

[19] And to make thee high aboue all nations which he hath made, in praise and in name, and in honour, and that thou mayest be an holy people vnto the Lord thy God, as he hath spoken.

So who is The Most High going to make a high above all? ISRAEL. So yes I do believe The Most High God vies anyone higher over another.

"For there is no respect of persons with God." Romans 2:11

If you read Romans 2:12, the Israelites where under the Law, so again, Romans 2:11 is directed to Israel.

Even if one is a non believer, God does not view this person as any different than anyone else.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearefull, and vnbeleeuing, and the abominable, and murderers, and whore mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all lyars, shall haue their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Even if TMH God did love everyone who believes in Christ and keeps the commandments , HE would put the unbelieving souls of the other nations to death.

I'm sorry my friend, but I believe your mind is still Carnal. I'd be more than happy to discuss these things with you if you'd like, but I'm a white man, so is there something I'm missing? Thank you friend and God bless you.

I'm sorry but I believe you do not know the Bible nor do you have comprehension skills. I'm sorry but you are a Christian and don't know how to read our Book and you definitely do not pay attention to what you are reading, as a typical Christian does.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath beene, it is that which shall be: and that which is done, is that which shall be done; and there is no new thing vnder the sunne.

There is nothing new under the sun. If you are a white man, you are the same spirit that enslaved me, raped my ancestors, murdered us and stole our land and goods. I do not trust your people because you are the same spirit that existed in slavery days. You white people are still oppressing us; killing us for no reason and getting away with it. We so called "Blacks, Latinos, Native Americans" do not have the same rights as you. We are limited to what we can and cannot do, while you and your people can do what ever you please. Sorry, but I believe what the Scriptures say. God is racist and HE only loves us "Blacks, Native Americans & Latinos". It is what it is.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 1:36:57 AM
Rules:

You're right that many aspects of Christianity are influenced by pagan religions. Easter is the pagan Ishtar, the goddess of fertility (hence the bunnies and eggs), Christmas is the Winter Solstice, a very important holiday to pagan sun worshippers, the trinity, and he'll are all pagan. See what God says about the "Christmas tree",

"Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
For the customs of the people"are"vain: for"one"cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
They"are"upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also"is it"in them to do good.
Forasmuch as"there is"none like unto thee, O LORD; thou"art"great, and thy name"is"great in might." Jeremiah 10:1

That is why God tells us in Revelation to come out of Babylon:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

As far as the Jesus/Horus connection, here is a site that might clear things up,

http://www.strangenotions.com...

Fundamental Christianity has many pagan aspects to it, but that in no way implies that the Scriptures teach these things. God bless you friend.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 6:42:51 PM
It depends on the religion. If Islam had never been born, I think the Atheist's view of religion would be much lighter. I think our debates would be more on the lines of Christianity isn't the boss of me as opposed to the view of religious people are insane and kill because of religion. Having said that...

Benefits of religion.
1)Give people who feel alone a since of someone being there which can bring comfort.
2)Charitable organizations that help the poor.
3)Some people become better people feeling accountable for their actions and turning from violence and crime.
4)Some people need hope of an afterlife. It gives them no since of finality.
5)It helps some deal with the loss of a loved one believing they will meet again.
6)It can give a since of community and support to individuals
7)My mom stays very healthy because of the Bible. She fasts appropriately and keeps her "temple" clean.
8)church members visit nursing homes and hospitals, also their members when they get sick.
9)It helps me in that I dream of what Heaven is like. It has a certain excitement about it. It allows your creative mind to reach beyond the darkness.
10)It sometimes gives those who are on the verge of death the hope that gives them strength to fight mentally instead of letting go.
11)The concepts of Jesus are a bonding center that keeps our family united. We take his views on love very seriously and practice it towards one another. We are a hugging family and there for each other.

Non benefits:
1)September 11th
2)Suicide bombers
3)Waco and David Karesh
4)Violent demonstrations
5)Some beliefs are madness. In mass they are dangerous.
6)The Crusades
7)Some use it to judge and look down on people.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:19:28 PM
At 8/9/2015 6:42:51 PM, Sooner wrote:
It depends on the religion. If Islam had never been born, I think the Atheist's view of religion would be much lighter. I think our debates would be more on the lines of Christianity isn't the boss of me as opposed to the view of religious people are insane and kill because of religion. Having said that...

Benefits of religion.
1)Give people who feel alone a since of someone being there which can bring comfort.

I agree religion can bring hope.

True, but charities are not limited to those related to religion.

3)Some people become better people feeling accountable for their actions and turning from violence and crime.

Religion can control by fear.

This is hope again.

5)It helps some deal with the loss of a loved one believing they will meet again.

Hope again.

Religion can instill a sense of community, but so can sports teams.

7)My mom stays very healthy because of the Bible. She fasts appropriately and keeps her "temple" clean.

Controlling force again.

8)church members visit nursing homes and hospitals, also their members when they get sick.

Community again.

9)It helps me in that I dream of what Heaven is like. It has a certain excitement about it. It allows your creative mind to reach beyond the darkness.

Religion, as a muse, has provided many beautiful artistic creations to the world, but the same thing could be said of anything that we are passionate about: love, beauty, fear, etc.

10)It sometimes gives those who are on the verge of death the hope that gives them strength to fight mentally instead of letting go.

I don't understand this one. Why would you fight death if your reward is beyond it? It seems to me religion (especially Christianity) would encourage those who are suffering to let go.

11)The concepts of Jesus are a bonding center that keeps our family united. We take his views on love very seriously and practice it towards one another. We are a hugging family and there for each other.

Controlling force again.

Out of your list we have the big three - Hope, control, and community.

Non benefits:
1)September 11th

Religious violence, irrationality, and attempting to control others inappropriately.

2)Suicide bombers

Religious violence, irrationality, and attempting to control others inappropriately.

3)Waco and David Karesh

4)Violent demonstrations

Religious violence, irrationality, and attempting to control others inappropriately..

6)The Crusades

Attempting to control others inappropriately.

Here we have religious violence, irrationality, and attempting to control others whether they like it or not

Unfortunately, when religion is bad - it tends to go all out.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 8:48:38 PM
At 8/9/2015 8:19:28 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Benefits of religion.

I agree religion can bring hope.

True, but charities are not limited to those related to religion.

Religion can control by fear.

This is hope again.

Hope again.

Religion can instill a sense of community, but so can sports teams.

Controlling force again.

Community again.

Religion, as a muse, has provided many beautiful artistic creations to the world, but the same thing could be said of anything that we are passionate about: love, beauty, fear, etc.

I don't understand this one. Why would you fight death if your reward is beyond it? It seems to me religion (especially Christianity) would encourage those who are suffering to let go.

-----
Your logic is there. In my case I fought because I couldn't think of leaving my wife alone here on Earth to live it out without me. I pictured Job near death, disease ridden, having lost everything and still fighting through. I pictured David vs. Goliath. I pictured Jesus carrying the weight of the cross up the hill.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 9:45:13 PM

Benefits of religion.

If an invisible friend brings you comfort, you have way more problems than just being alone.

Non-religious organizations help the poor.

Prisons are filled with Christians.

Giving hope and filling peoples heads with falsehoods and unknowns are two different things.

You don't need gods and religions to wish that to one another.

There are plenty more non-religious community driven support organizations that don't require belief in gods

LOL. That one's just too funny.

So what, lots of non-religious people do the same thing.

Kind of like a bed time story? LOL.

Quite the contrary, believers are ready to give up their lives for their afterlife in Heaven while non-believers understand they have only one life, so they fight for it.

Sorry, that you have to have an invisible friend to keep your family together.

I also see no real benefits from religion that can't be had or accomplished without it.

Non benefits:
1)September 11th
2)Suicide bombers
3)Waco and David Karesh
4)Violent demonstrations
6)The Crusades

It would be easy to add a lot more to that list.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 10:48:50 PM
At 8/9/2015 9:45:13 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Benefits of religion.

If an invisible friend brings you comfort, you have way more problems than just being alone.

-Actually, your negative, toxic behavior is a sign of some serious problems. Your derailing off topic to focus on my list when you were instructed to come up with your own list is self telling. If he is a make believe friend then he'll probably quit responding to my requests and prayers any day now. What's my faith to you? Am I bothering you with my belief centered since of optimism, hope, love, and optimism? Shall I redirect my focus into a negative, snipping way of being like yourself? Are younlonely, or is this your debate.org personality. It's human nature to gravitate away from negative people. You are very negative. You could focus on changing that part of your life so that you aren't burdened by depression, anxiety, stress and/or negative emotions. I would applaud your efforts if you were wise enough and strong enough to face your defeating mentality.- -

Non-religious organizations help the poor.

-and? Do religious organizations help the poor?-

Prisons are filled with Christians.

-And Atheists which proves? They are in prison. Were they practicing the teachings of Jesus when they were thrown in prison? Highly doubtful. Does anyone quit lives of crime from becoming a Christian? Yes or no? If yes, then you've taken toxic energy and directed it towards a true post intended on answering the thread's question. You tsrgeted my post with an essence of attack without referring to the thread's request. My post was not where he requested you focus. He requested you make a list. Where is it? You could have used that energy to come up with a response appropriate to the thread's request instead of flying off the road into the woods, and off of a cliff after a post at all costs.-

Giving hope and filling peoples heads with falsehoods and unknowns are two different things.

-Negative Toxic energy alert I see. Is the sun shining in your mind or is the radar set on kill kill kill kill. Trash yrash trash trash...poison poison poison...I digress...And I am the one who is insane... okie dokie...optimism is available if you would like another option. I'm sure a self help book will have the info you need. Good luck. If you are able to inject optimism into your life structure please share on a thread. I will congratulate you myself for working to change negative focus, rhetoric, and emotions. It would be a victory for you. But do it for you, not me.

You don't need gods and religions to wish that to one another.

-This post makes no sense. You don't need beliefs or religion or god to believe you will die and meet up with your loved ones after you die? Sure, find your own way. Send me a link so that I will know how too.-

There are plenty more non-religious community driven support organizations that don't require belief in gods

-And? The thread asked for a benefit. Is it one? Where in my post does it say no one else offers this service?-

LOL. That one's just too funny.

-If using the Biblical and scientific principle of fasting to prevent colon cancer amuses you, it seems the "comedy" forum would provide much more wit and comical entertainment than a simple post about what Christianity refers to as keeping your "temple"(body) clean. What exactly did you feel was the punch line?-

So what, lots of non-religious people do the same thing.

-Never said they didn't. He asked for a benefit. It is one. Anything else or is your radar set on targeting mode? (seeing that you completely ignored the request of the topic)-

Kind of like a bed time story? LOL

Do you get excited by a bedtime story? Or Would you get excited about an event that really is happening later on?

Quite the contrary, believers are ready to give up their lives for their afterlife in Heaven while non-believers understand they have only one life, so they fight for it.

-Not according to research-

Sorry, that you have to have an invisible friend to keep your family together.

I also see no real benefits from religion that can't be had or accomplished without it.

Non benefits:
1)September 11th
2)Suicide bombers
3)Waco and David Karesh
4)Violent demonstrations
6)The Crusades

It would be easy to add a lot more to that list.

------
The thread asked for benefits and non benefits of religion. The target was on the left, but you aimed at the sky, shot the arrow up, and clonked it off ypur head. I feel sorry for you. Negative attitudes and negative focus lead to distruction as life goes on. I'd change it now before you need meds just to feel normal.-