Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gay bar next to 9/11 mosque

RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:17:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Fox News pundit Greg Gutfeld has proposed building an Islam-friendly gay bar next door to the proposed Ground Zero Mosque. http://www.examiner.com... Gutfeld claims he has inteested investors and is serious about going ahead with the idea.

Gutfeld says this would extend the spirit of tolerance initiated by the Mosque. The Mosque initiators have called his plan "insensitive."

Gutfeld said the name of the bar is still under consideration, with "Mecca Dome," "Jihunk," and "Suspicious Package" among the suggestions.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:20:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yea, Innomen and I were just discussing that. Here was my response to it:

"I sense there could be hypocrisy though. Muslims didn't like that people were protesting about the mosque, but I have a feeling there would be protesting by muslims about the gay bar if they actually went through with building it."
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 4:25:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol They fell for that? FOX sure as hell does not want a gay bar anywhere and tey actually believed they would build one?
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 5:45:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 5:36:07 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:
Is this for real ?
The "Allah bar bar" , the "Rab & Allah Bar", "Bar Allah and Rab" ?

Allah Ak-bar.

Nah, that's distasteful.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 5:53:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 5:50:09 PM, feverish wrote:
Just call it Submission.

That's what the word Islam means in Arabic and it's got all the ghey sm connotations.

Tbh, Submission would probably be the least offensive name towards muslims for this bar as they don't actually use the word "submission" in english. It's "islam". ;)
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 6:08:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 5:50:09 PM, feverish wrote:
Just call it Submission.

That's what the word Islam means in Arabic and it's got all the ghey sm connotations.

lol
kfc
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 6:56:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Awesome idea!!!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 6:59:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Are we pretending that most churches wouldn't be upset if there was a gay bar right next to them?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 7:02:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 6:59:03 PM, Yvette wrote:
Are we pretending that most churches wouldn't be upset if there was a gay bar right next to them?

I'm pretty sure this came from Faux News. You really expect that they wouldn't be acting like bigots towards something like this? Haha. They have been opposed to the mosque right from the beginning.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 7:09:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:34:02 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Fox News - the only broadcaster I trust for reliable, impartial coverage of current affairs!

lol, you're just mad YOU didn't come up with it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 10:41:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Some cities have a zoning restriction against having bars near churches or schools. The 9/11 Mosque, however, is a special outreach project.

I think Gutfeld is serious and plans to try to go through with it if the Mosque is built. Whether he can get investors is perhaps doubtful, but he might.

Fox is not anti-gay, and Gutfeld is certainly not.
Zeitgeist
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 11:54:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 5:53:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 5:50:09 PM, feverish wrote:
Just call it Submission.

That's what the word Islam means in Arabic and it's got all the ghey sm connotations.

Tbh, Submission would probably be the least offensive name towards muslims for this bar as they don't actually use the word "submission" in english. It's "islam". ;)

So call it that! Or may be "I slam"
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 6:37:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:17:37 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Fox News pundit Greg Gutfeld has proposed building an Islam-friendly gay bar next door to the proposed Ground Zero Mosque. http://www.examiner.com... Gutfeld claims he has inteested investors and is serious about going ahead with the idea.

Gutfeld says this would extend the spirit of tolerance initiated by the Mosque. The Mosque initiators have called his plan "insensitive."

Gutfeld said the name of the bar is still under consideration, with "Mecca Dome," "Jihunk," and "Suspicious Package" among the suggestions.

Absolute f*cking genius.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 6:41:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 4:17:37 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Fox News pundit Greg Gutfeld has proposed building an Islam-friendly gay bar next door to the proposed Ground Zero Mosque. http://www.examiner.com... Gutfeld claims he has inteested investors and is serious about going ahead with the idea.

Gutfeld says this would extend the spirit of tolerance initiated by the Mosque. The Mosque initiators have called his plan "insensitive."

Gutfeld said the name of the bar is still under consideration, with "Mecca Dome," "Jihunk," and "Suspicious Package" among the suggestions.

Someone might have said this already, but do you actually believe anyone from FOX News is going to build a gay bar?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:59:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The problem is not that it is a gay bar, but that it is a <bar>. Drunk people next to a mosque is a very respectful thing.

But fine, bring it. Just do not let any drunken man be stupid and actually harm the mosque.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 9:50:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/10/2010 5:45:45 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/10/2010 5:36:07 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:
Is this for real ?
The "Allah bar bar" , the "Rab & Allah Bar", "Bar Allah and Rab" ?

Allah Ak-bar.

Nah, that's distasteful.

No, that's funny.

With it being a Muslim gay bar, instead of the usual "wa salaam ali kum" greetiing will they say "well swallow my kum" instead?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 9:56:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 8:59:57 AM, Mirza wrote:
The problem is not that it is a gay bar, but that it is a <bar>. Drunk people next to a mosque is a very respectful thing.

Do you deny that it being a gay bar plays no part? Or are all Muslims benevolent to those they consider unnatural?
Zeitgeist
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 9:58:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The reality is that to propose a mosque anywhere in the free world is offesive, to propose a mosque close to the site of mulsim wholesale murder is disgusting and should NOT be permitted.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 9:59:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 9:58:05 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
The reality is that to propose a mosque anywhere in the free world is offesive, to propose a mosque close to the site of mulsim wholesale murder is disgusting and should NOT be permitted.

The reality actually is that the "free world" is supposed to be "free," even to those you consider not so.

To not do so is to contradict the idea of a "free world" to begin with.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:01:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 9:56:17 AM, Volkov wrote:
Do you deny that it being a gay bar plays no part? Or are all Muslims benevolent to those they consider unnatural?
The bad part is first and foremost revenge in and itself. they could at least ask the Muslim supporters of the mosque about such a bar there to see their opinion instead of just being vengeful. As for the gay part, I see not much difference between drunk gay people and drunk straight people. Some things may be different, but the immorality is just as negative.

PS: It does not consider them unnatural.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:03:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 10:01:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
The bad part is first and foremost revenge in and itself. they could at least ask the Muslim supporters of the mosque about such a bar there to see their opinion instead of just being vengeful. As for the gay part, I see not much difference between drunk gay people and drunk straight people. Some things may be different, but the immorality is just as negative.

Doesn't answer my question: do you deny that homosexuals having a bar, or any sort of center, next door to the mosque, plays a role in their "displeasure" at the prospect?

PS: It does not consider them unnatural.

The imam's I've seen talk about it disagree.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:03:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 9:58:05 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
The reality is that to propose a mosque anywhere in the free world is offesive, to propose a mosque close to the site of mulsim wholesale murder is disgusting and should NOT be permitted.
To mention the name "Israel" explicitly in today's world, knowing that the land is stolen and spreads corruption (including hypocrisy), is much worse.

PS: We do not read "slay children" in the mosques. If we did it and meant it, we would be apostates of Islam. Your people, however, do it in their synagogues, and they demonstrated it fairly well in Gaza.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:04:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 9:58:05 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
The reality is that to propose a mosque anywhere in the free world is offesive...

Some people say the same thing about synagogues - they're called neo-Nazi's!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...