Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An open letter to christians and muslims!

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 12:11:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
First...some demographic facts. Feel free to look them up for yourself if you doubt any of them............

Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on [E]arth. According to the United Nations' Human Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate, and infant mortality. Insofar as there is a crime problem in Western Europe, it is largely the product of immigration. Seventy percent of the inmates of France's jails, for instance, are Muslim. The Muslims of Western Europe are generally not atheists. Conversely, the fifty nations now ranked lowest in terms of the United Nations' [H]uman [D]evelopment [I]ndex are unwaveringly religious.
Other analyses paint the same picture: the United States is unique among wealthy democracies in its level of religious adherence; it is also uniquely beleaguered by high rates of homicide, abortion, teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease, and infant mortality. The same comparison holds true within the United States itself: Southern and Midwestern states, characterized by the highest levels of religious literalism, are especially plagued by the above indicators of societal dysfunction, while the comparatively secular states of the Northeast conform to European norms."

So...with all that being true: why doe your god not look out for you people? His most
Faithful and devout? Why are the most religious places on this planet the worse off? IN ALL ways? Why does it seem like atheism is rewarded? Surely these religious people pray for better lives? WHY IS THERE GOD NOT HELPING THEM??

Just curious. Thanks!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 1:46:01 PM
how you can judge Islam of 1400 years only on today's time as your basis? and you have some sources to support your claims? i doubt its true anyway..... here see these statistics and see which worst muslim countries or western ones...

rape rate - http://www.nationmaster.com...

total cirmes - http://www.nationmaster.com...

assualt rate - http://www.nationmaster.com...

abbortion - http://www.nationmaster.com...

obesity - http://www.nationmaster.com...

suidide - http://www.nationmaster.com...

beside that in Islam our belief is not if having a good life meaning God loves you. both being rich or poor is a test in life, healthy or sick, and the more you are devoted to God the more trials u will have. weak people God gives them weak tests and vice versa.
Never fart near dog
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 1:53:45 PM
At 6/5/2015 12:11:14 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
First...some demographic facts. Feel free to look them up for yourself if you doubt any of them............

Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on [E]arth.

Maybe now, but they were Christian countries not long ago. Obviously the effect of Christianity is not instantly destroyed when countries become more secular. I think we have to wait some time to see what happens when people rejects God.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 1:58:16 PM

Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on [E]arth. According to the United Nations' Human Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate, and infant mortality. Insofar as there is a crime problem in Western Europe, it is largely the product of immigration. Seventy percent of the inmates of France's jails, for instance, are Muslim. The Muslims of Western Europe are generally not atheists. Conversely, the fifty nations now ranked lowest in terms of the United Nations' [H]uman [D]evelopment [I]ndex are unwaveringly religious.
Other analyses paint the same picture: the United States is unique among wealthy democracies in its level of religious adherence; it is also uniquely beleaguered by high rates of homicide, abortion, teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease, and infant mortality. The same comparison holds true within the United States itself: Southern and Midwestern states, characterized by the highest levels of religious literalism, are especially plagued by the above indicators of societal dysfunction, while the comparatively secular states of the Northeast conform to European norms."

So...with all that being true: why doe your god not look out for you people? His most
Faithful and devout? Why are the most religious places on this planet the worse off? IN ALL ways? Why does it seem like atheism is rewarded? Surely these religious people pray for better lives? WHY IS THERE GOD NOT HELPING THEM??

Just curious. Thanks!

- One word:

*China*
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 1:59:18 PM

Just curious. Thanks!

- Also, this whole post is fallacious & inaccurate.
Current Debates:

Budwick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 2:10:40 PM
Saint You - This is your "open letter"? Look, if religion isn't for you, then don't follow religion. Pretty simple really.

All that bull-oney you posted about religion means absolutely nothing to believers. Probably means very little to atheists for that matter.

Get over yourself - you can't intimidate people from their belief in God.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 2:11:00 PM
At 6/5/2015 1:59:18 PM, Yassine wrote:

Just curious. Thanks!

And as usual, you did an excellent job of not being able to demonstrate or explain that in any way, shape or form. Congratulations.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 2:27:33 PM

Just curious. Thanks!

A very valid question. Seems kind of against what most religions preach to me.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 2:59:41 PM
At 6/5/2015 2:10:40 PM, Budwick wrote:
Saint You - This is your "open letter"? Look, if religion isn't for you, then don't follow religion. Pretty simple really.

All that bull-oney you posted about religion means absolutely nothing to believers. Probably means very little to atheists for that matter.

But yet....I am still awaiting an answer from a Believer.

I think it is a valid question. For anybody. Atheists have been asking this for years. It is a huge paradox, doncha think? Christians make extraordinary claims: that the Creator of the Universe loves them; cares about them; listens to their prayers; and can help them. And he is going to reward them after death with a heavenly afterlife.

I find this to be the height of arrogance--something they often accuse us atheist of being. Yet--we admit we don't know, and are not some sort of chosen people.

So....the question remains: why are the most religious places in the Earth usually the worse off? Why is god not helping his most devout. Why do atheist enjoy higher qualities of life? Not just econimcallly, but health-wise as well?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary answers. Yet...they (christians/muslims) offer NONE. Not even semi-arguable answers.

Why does there God not help them?

http://www.gallup.com...
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:07:31 PM
At 6/5/2015 1:46:01 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
how you can judge Islam of 1400 years only on today's time as your basis? and you have some sources to support your claims? i doubt its true anyway..... here see these statistics and see which worst muslim countries or western ones...

rape rate - http://www.nationmaster.com...

total cirmes - http://www.nationmaster.com...

assualt rate - http://www.nationmaster.com...

abbortion - http://www.nationmaster.com...

obesity - http://www.nationmaster.com...

suidide - http://www.nationmaster.com...

beside that in Islam our belief is not if having a good life meaning God loves you. both being rich or poor is a test in life, healthy or sick, and the more you are devoted to God the more trials u will have. weak people God gives them weak tests and vice versa.

LOL---you post stats alluding to crime rates!

Which have nothing to do with my OP. Where I spoke about quality of life.

Gee..I wonder why crime rates would be low in Muslim Countries?

Could it be because of their draconian laws? Losing a hand for stealing? And if Shaira law is in charge, whoa nelly, watch out! I have heard they stone women accused of adultery at the halftime of soccer games.

And you really want to go down the Assault stats road? What with the propensity for violence that has totally immersed Islamist radicals? Be careful...with more talk like that you will get me to post some links on wars and death perpetrated in the name of Allah. And you don't want that.Believe me.

Despite your crime stats--which again are beside me point--the fact remains that your people usually endure a far lower quality of living than do predominantly atheist nations, like Sweden and Norway and Denmark and France and Canada. (I hesitated to mention France, which always HAD a great QoL until it has been recently been beleaguered by violence.

From guess who?

LOL. Muslims.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:07:36 PM
At 6/5/2015 2:59:41 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

But yet....I am still awaiting an answer from a Believer.

I think it is a valid question. For anybody. Atheists have been asking this for years. It is a huge paradox, doncha think? Christians make extraordinary claims: that the Creator of the Universe loves them; cares about them; listens to their prayers; and can help them. And he is going to reward them after death with a heavenly afterlife.

I find this to be the height of arrogance--something they often accuse us atheist of being. Yet--we admit we don't know, and are not some sort of chosen people.

So....the question remains: why are the most religious places in the Earth usually the worse off? Why is god not helping his most devout. Why do atheist enjoy higher qualities of life? Not just econimcallly, but health-wise as well?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary answers. Yet...they (christians/muslims) offer NONE. Not even semi-arguable answers.

Why does there God not help them?

http://www.gallup.com...

Usually, it's because most Christians pray to God to find their lost car keys or wallet, instead.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:12:34 PM

I mean to bully nobody. My questions are legit.

Why is God seemingly ignoring his most Faithful?

Oh...about that Muslim violence. And regarding the post that boasted of low assault rates in Muslim countries (LOL..really?)............

http://cnsnews.com...
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:14:40 PM
At 6/5/2015 1:59:18 PM, Yassine wrote:

Just curious. Thanks!

Prove it to be inaccurate.

Ever heard of Gallup?

I can post stats backing up my claim that the world's most devout also endure the lowest quality of life..meaning their prayers largely go unanswered...all day long.

Show me a link that refutes ANY of my stats or links, please.

Thank you!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:20:07 PM
Americans are fat. Thus, fat people are the most successful and everyone should be fat. Awesome. People in Haiti are pretty much never fat, and people in China are generally of normal weight. Thus, skinniness is a curse and it should be avoided at all costs.

#300poundpeoplearesuperior
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:22:00 PM
A Muslim earlier mentioned that Allah does not necessarily guarantee his followers to live comfortable and affluent lives. Let alone be wealthy. That trial and tribulation and suffering are often part of the deal. (this for me begs the question: "why waste time worshipping then? And not working to gain your famliy a better life?")

Well. he may say that sometimes, I am not sure. But I did come across THIS passage in my Koran.........

But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a very distressful life." [Al Qur"an 20:124]

Which makes me wonder: why then, are all those atheist nations enjoying such a high quality of living?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:23:15 PM
By the way, look at Japan. The average Japanese person believes in absolutely crazy $#!t that only the most radical Christian fundie would believe in. They're a quite prosperous nation. Also, I hear that Luxembourg (or one of those European microstates, anyway) is quite religious, and they have a quite high standard of living.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:25:51 PM
Albania during the Cold War was also extremely secular, but I wouldn't call 20th century Albania a highly developed state by any means.

The DDO Blog:

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:28:46 PM
Again--for newcomers to the thread......

These documented facts and demographics...........

Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on Earth. According to the United Nations' Human Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate, and infant mortality. (Why, God?)

Insofar as there is a crime problem in Western Europe, it is largely the product of immigration. Seventy percent of the inmates of France's jails, for instance, are Muslim. The Muslims of Western Europe are generally not atheists. Conversely, the fifty nations now ranked lowest in terms of the United Nations' [H]uman [D]evelopment [I]ndex are unwaveringly religious.

Other analyses paint the same picture: the United States is unique among wealthy democracies in its level of religious adherence; it is also uniquely beleaguered by high rates of homicide, abortion, teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease, and infant mortality. T

The same comparison holds true within the United States itself: Southern and Midwestern states, characterized by the highest levels of religious literalism, (Hmm..I would almost think means that the most religious are also the dumbest) are especially plagued by the above indicators of societal dysfunction, while the comparatively secular states of the Northeast conform to European norms."
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 3:33:20 PM

Actually..this means a LOT to many of us Atheists, as it confirms our belief that worshipping and praying to imaginary BFF's is a waste of time, and indeed borders on the psychotic. The delusional.

As far as believers...you are right, even these uncontestable facts may not be enough to prize them from the warm and fuzzy, almost narcotic-like cloak of religion. ("The Creator of the Universe likes me! He really likes me!") LOL.

But my wish here is that perhaps, just perhaps, it might give them pause, albeit slightly, and offer them a chance to think about all this some more. And how it bodes for the veracity of their gods.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:12:03 PM
At 6/5/2015 3:20:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Americans are fat. Thus, fat people are the most successful and everyone should be fat. Awesome. People in Haiti are pretty much never fat, and people in China are generally of normal weight. Thus, skinniness is a curse and it should be avoided at all costs.

#300poundpeoplearesuperior

Yeah, OK.

Kudos! Nice, well-thought and pertinent reply.

Keep it up. It is an honor to have you contribute to my thread, amigo!
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:24:04 PM

Why are the most religious places on this planet the worse off? IN ALL ways?

The five most prosperous countries (According to Forbes)
1. Norway (Their flag consists of a cross and at least 76% of the inhabitants are Christian)

2. Switzerland (Once more, their flag consists of a cross and at least 70% are Christian)

3. New Zealand ( With the Union Jack on their flag another cross is present, and well over half the population is Christian)

4. Denmark (Again, their flag is a cross, and the majority of the population is Evangelical Christian, the same sect as Norway's population)

5. Canada (Literally the only country on this list without a cross on it's flag, and 67% of the population is Catholic)

Why does it seem like atheism is rewarded? Surely these religious people pray for better lives? WHY IS THERE GOD NOT HELPING THEM??

There are plenty of atheistic countries that are doing terribly. The government of China is among one of the most corrupt and they are openly atheist.

The government of North Korea completely bans Religion, not only is it one of the most corrupt countries in the world, but also the most poor.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:27:12 PM
At 6/5/2015 3:14:40 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

- Why should I?! You're the one making claims here!

Ever heard of Gallup?

I can post stats backing up my claim that the world's most devout also endure the lowest quality of life..meaning their prayers largely go unanswered...all day long.

- Prayers aside, I am interested in seeing these stats.

- I think POP did enough of that.

Thank you!

- You're welcome.
Current Debates:

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:33:04 PM
At 6/5/2015 4:27:12 PM, Yassine wrote:

Ever heard of Gallup?

Thank you!

- You're welcome.

Are you braindead?

YOU made the accusation that my stats (from Gallup!) were inaccurate and false.

So....the burden of proof for that statement is upon you. I have already provided several links. How about ONE from you that refutes?

Wow. The ignorance that permeates religious zealots never ceases to amaze me.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:33:33 PM
At 6/5/2015 3:09:26 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Oh, about those French jails and who is in them........

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

- I live in France, the number is grossly exaggerated. Sure, at some point there were like 60% or 70%, but generally there are much less than that.

- Also, it's not that they are muslim, it's the fact that they are immigrants or born from immigrants & live in slums & very poor areas. & this goes back to post WWII. When it comes to Immigrants, the French government is among the worst, much like the Gulf states. In the Gulf states too, the overwhelming majority of convicted felons are immigrants.
Current Debates:

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:36:30 PM

That may show a correlation, but it doesn't show a cause. Using that logic I could just as easily say that black-haired people are thugs because they make up a large percentage of the prison population.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:37:26 PM
At 6/5/2015 4:33:04 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/5/2015 4:27:12 PM, Yassine wrote:

Ever heard of Gallup?

Thank you!

- You're welcome.

Are you braindead?

YOU made the accusation that my stats (from Gallup!) were inaccurate and false.

So....the burden of proof for that statement is upon you. I have already provided several links. How about ONE from you that refutes?

Wow. The ignorance that permeates religious zealots never ceases to amaze me.

- I just realised, you're not worth my time. Gook luck.

P.S. if you keep this attitude you'll get banned.
Current Debates:

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 4:39:05 PM
At 6/5/2015 4:33:33 PM, Yassine wrote:

- I live in France, the number is grossly exaggerated. Sure, at some point there were like 60% or 70%, but generally there are much less than that.

- Also, it's not that they are muslim, it's the fact that they are immigrants or born from immigrants & live in slums & very poor areas. & this goes back to post WWII. When it comes to Immigrants, the French government is among the worst, much like the Gulf states. In the Gulf states too, the overwhelming majority of convicted felons are immigrants.

It's not that they are Muslim?

LOL. So...you think they would still be in prison for committing crimes if they were not Muslim?

Yeah..they're immigrants. MUSLIM immigrants! LOL.

Most of my countries peoples are immigrants. My grandparents came over here from Germany. So your argument is akin to me claiming, after being thrown in the slammer for looting a store during a pro Hitler riot, that I am incarcerated for not my actions but for being a grandson of immigrants.