Jump to topic:

Can we tap into the Creative Force?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 8:23:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As some of you may already be aware from my posts on matters theological, I am an atheist. That is, firmly of the belief that no sort of personal, biblical God exists. This includes Allah, as well as the murderous Yahweh. I readily and vociferously equate the probability of their existences with that of, say, Zeus. Or Thor. Or Odin.

And that probability would look something like a 0.0001% chance.

But in matters regarding ANY sort of a "higher power" or "Universal Force" or "Creative Intelligence"--I am a good deal less sure of its non-existence. That is to say, I consider myself Agnostic in regards to this Deistic sort of Power. I think that, if there is anything AT ALL out there--something other than nothing--it would be a non-personal, non-caring Creative Intelligence who, while responsible for the Underlying Perfection and Creation of the Cosmos, does not, nee, CANNOT, intervene in human affairs.

With a caveat!

This force can be...oh..how to say? "Tapped into" mentally, perhaps trough meditation or aforethought--so long as one's motivations are pure, non-violent or harmful. In other words, "in synch" with the Purpose of the Universe. And that would be harmony and growth and creativity. And most important of all, maximizing the potential this Force imbued is with at birth.

The German philosopher/writer Goethe once said, "Be bold, and mighty forces shall come to your aid."

Perhaps he was speaking of something like I described?

How would this work? This being empowered by tapping into the Force? Well, I am not sure. Perhaps, though, there is actually a scientific, a physics-based source to it. I have flirted with an idea that tapping in might involve our minds getting on the same frequency (for lack of a better word) as the Force.

I suppose that of all the world's religions, the one that comes closest to my Deistic idea here would be Taoism. Indeed, Taoism is my favorite of all the world's religions. By far. I am really not sure it can be called a religion, however.

So...here on DDO we frequently see arguments between atheists and Believers. But what I am proposing here is a sort of compromise. (Not that that is my intention, or why I like (sometimes) this idea of a Creative Intelligence.

Come to think of it, many Native American religions have similar dynamics to what I am proposing here.

I must add that I am a firm believer in Evolution, and feel that this Force may have lent a sort of guiding hand to it. But most likely only at the very beginning. After that, the Creative Inelligence (I will henceforth call it my CreaTel) has pretty much played the role of an absentee landlord.

Unless it is tapped into, that is.

I welcome some thoughts on this? Ideas? Modifications to my theory? (well, not really a full-blown theory. Maybe only a hypothesis at this point.) Questions?

Thanks for your time!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 10:04:16 PM
YES it can be done has been done and will be done on earth as it is in heaven,lol...

I have a great understanding and connection with "that force".

the reason that FEW find the connection is that to put it simply, the understanding is found BEYOND the known earthly world. BEYOND the superstition and confusion caused by a VAGUE world that is LUKE WARM.

The PROOF that this world is more interested in make believe and pretend then truth, honesty and clear understanding is all around us as it's no secret just as the odds of most games of chance are well known.

those of the many try and gamble and seek easy means and lazy ways as only a FEW are interested in GROWING UP and leaving the childish ways of playing make believe and pretend behind them.

I AM PROOF of what I claim.

I have yet to find a peer besides Skyangel on this forum.

All others are just children as I view the world.

I AM the undefeated champion of TRUTH am I not?

I welcome ALL challengers that believe they can handle the heat as I AM not lukewarm.

I AM ice & fire.

YOU and most others are the "&"

as you can't see both sides of the coin at the same time.

call me a oxymoron as the hat fits EE perfectly.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 10:17:17 PM
At 6/5/2015 10:04:16 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
YES it can be done has been done and will be done on earth as it is in heaven,lol...

the reason that FEW find the connection is that to put it simply, the understanding is found BEYOND the known earthly world. BEYOND the superstition and confusion caused by a VAGUE world that is LUKE WARM.

The PROOF that this world is more interested in make believe and pretend then truth, honesty and clear understanding is all around us as it's no secret just as the odds of most games of chance are well known.

those of the many try and gamble and seek easy means and lazy ways as only a FEW are interested in GROWING UP and leaving the childish ways of playing make believe and pretend behind them.

I welcome ALL challengers that believe they can handle the heat as I AM not lukewarm.

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 10:36:52 PM
What is that babbling about?

Would of been better for you to say get behind me satan or in the name of jesus or abracadabra or something besides some random scripture ear tags.

I suppose you like the pharisees had to say something as you are AFRAID that I might be just what I claim I AM.

If what I put forth bothers you just do as the scriptures and have someone else deal with the problem that bothers your denial.

I don't mind as I AM where I AM to be and I will be somewhere else when I AM somewhere else.

seems simple enough.

may the make believe and pretend force be with you.

Never met the REAL deal before have ya?

Don't feel bad as most of the many haven't.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2015 11:41:13 PM
At 6/5/2015 10:36:52 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

Would of been better for you to say get behind me satan or in the name of jesus or abracadabra or something besides some random scripture ear tags.

I suppose you like the pharisees had to say something as you are AFRAID that I might be just what I claim I AM.

If what I put forth bothers you just do as the scriptures and have someone else deal with the problem that bothers your denial.

I don't mind as I AM where I AM to be and I will be somewhere else when I AM somewhere else.

seems simple enough.

Don't feel bad as most of the many haven't. : :

Us grown-ups know who created everything and we call him LORD.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 12:51:14 AM
At 6/5/2015 11:41:13 PM, 4runner wrote:

seems simple enough.

You're back again?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:57:28 AM
At 6/5/2015 10:17:17 PM, 4runner wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Could you people please communicate in your own words for a change.

Pasting the quotes from that obnoxious book over and over again is boring.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:09:49 AM

seems simple enough.

Pfff, big deal. You guys are so dramatic about everything, what's wrong with you anyway.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:10:40 AM
At 6/6/2015 12:51:14 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

seems simple enough.

You're back again? : :

What are you talking about?
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:12:09 AM
At 6/6/2015 1:57:28 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

Pasting the quotes from that obnoxious book over and over again is boring. : :

Why do you call the Bible an obnoxious book?
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:13:43 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:09:49 AM, Accipiter wrote:

seems simple enough.

Pfff, big deal. You guys are so dramatic about everything, what's wrong with you anyway. : :

This is not about you.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:35:23 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:13:43 AM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:09:49 AM, Accipiter wrote:

seems simple enough.

Pfff, big deal. You guys are so dramatic about everything, what's wrong with you anyway. : :

This is not about you.

Not about you either.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:51:52 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:12:09 AM, 4runner wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

I have a problem with what it says about non believes, I find it offensive.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:55:29 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:51:52 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

I have a problem with what it says about non believes, I find it offensive. : :

Why do you believe the Bible instead of God? Can't you see that most Christians are totally confused by it?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 3:06:44 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:55:29 AM, 4runner wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

Why do you believe the Bible instead of God? Can't you see that most Christians are totally confused by it?

No, I don't believe in the bible and I don't know if there is a god or not.

Yes, I can see that most Christians are totally confused.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 7:31:54 AM
At 6/5/2015 8:23:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

How would this work? This being empowered by tapping into the Force? Well, I am not sure. Perhaps, though, there is actually a scientific, a physics-based source to it. I have flirted with an idea that tapping in might involve our minds getting on the same frequency (for lack of a better word) as the Force.

Hmmm... disillusioned, he is, beware the dark side...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:01:00 AM
At 6/6/2015 2:10:40 AM, 4runner wrote:

seems simple enough.

How about you tell us what you believe, and it will be clear.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:04:10 AM
At 6/6/2015 8:01:00 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

seems simple enough.

BoG, again?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:05:14 AM
At 6/6/2015 8:04:10 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

seems simple enough.

BoG, again?

I would be surprised if they weren't.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:41:30 AM

I AM ice & fire.

Yeah.

Ya see..this is exactly the kind of guy I was hoping I would NOT be equated with when I laied out my idea in the OP. LOL
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:18:17 PM
At 6/6/2015 3:06:44 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

There is a God but not everyone knows him.

Yes, I can see that most Christians are totally confused. : :

The Bible is the most confusing book in this world and that's why they're confused.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:26:47 PM

seems simple enough.

How about you tell us what you believe, and it will be clear. : :

I believe that God created the heavens and earth. What do you believe?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:41:42 PM
At 6/5/2015 8:23:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
As some of you may already be aware from my posts on matters theological, I am an atheist. That is, firmly of the belief that no sort of personal, biblical God exists. This includes Allah, as well as the murderous Yahweh. I readily and vociferously equate the probability of their existences with that of, say, Zeus. Or Thor. Or Odin.

Do you understand how the mythical Greek gods are all personifications of various aspects of nature?
Can you understand how the bible God is the ultimate personification of ALL the other gods put together as one?

Does Human nature exist?
Does conscience exist?
Can you see how conscience could be personified as the personal God/ guide within you ?

And that probability would look something like a 0.0001% chance.

Are you saying mythical characters do not exist or are you saying they are not real? They obviously do exist in all fictional stories. Humans have created them. Whatever humans can create, does exist even if humans do create illusions and myths and mythical characters.

But in matters regarding ANY sort of a "higher power" or "Universal Force" or "Creative Intelligence"--I am a good deal less sure of its non-existence. That is to say, I consider myself Agnostic in regards to this Deistic sort of Power. I think that, if there is anything AT ALL out there--something other than nothing--it would be a non-personal, non-caring Creative Intelligence who, while responsible for the Underlying Perfection and Creation of the Cosmos, does not, nee, CANNOT, intervene in human affairs.

"Higher power" compared to what? How do you determine or measure if one power is "higher" than another power?
"Universal force" compared to what? Some force which does not exist in the universe?
"Creative intelligence" compared to what? Dead minds which can create nothing at all?

With a caveat!
This force can be...oh..how to say? "Tapped into" mentally, perhaps trough meditation or aforethought--so long as one's motivations are pure, non-violent or harmful. In other words, "in synch" with the Purpose of the Universe. And that would be harmony and growth and creativity. And most important of all, maximizing the potential this Force imbued is with at birth.

What does your mind "tap into" when you create your own imaginations? What do you "tap into" to be creatively inspired?
Is it in synch with something that exists in the universe or not?
Does the universe have a "purpose" at all or does it just exist without purpose?
Can you "Tap into" your own higher or lower intelligence , or do you find that impossible to do due to it being non existent?

The German philosopher/writer Goethe once said, "Be bold, and mighty forces shall come to your aid."

Perhaps he was speaking of something like I described?

He was speaking about the forces of your own boldness. If you cannot find the forces within you to aid your boldness you will be incapable of being bold in the first place.

It works in the same way as when you are empowered by your own intelligence and creativity. The power of the MUSE is within you. The FORCE is within you. Use the FORCE within you.
It helps when your own mind is in in tune with your own conscience, creativity, intuition, or on the same frequency as your own intelligence. When it's not, you end up a confused mess who lacks self control and also lacks intelligence.

I suppose that of all the world's religions, the one that comes closest to my Deistic idea here would be Taoism. Indeed, Taoism is my favorite of all the world's religions. By far. I am really not sure it can be called a religion, however.

All human concepts are what they are regardless of whether people call them religions or not. Basically they are all different ways that people try to express their own perceptions of life and the world around them.

So...here on DDO we frequently see arguments between atheists and Believers. But what I am proposing here is a sort of compromise. (Not that that is my intention, or why I like (sometimes) this idea of a Creative Intelligence.

You want compromise? Believers and unbelievers can always agree that a creative intelligence exists in the minds of humans regardless of whether individuals are intelligent or not. Can anyone argue that humans are not creative creatures who can create real and imaginary creatures in their own image?

Come to think of it, many Native American religions have similar dynamics to what I am proposing here.

The concepts created by humans infiltrate all cultures and religions in various forms. The concepts are merely wrapped in different colored wrappers.

I must add that I am a firm believer in Evolution, and feel that this Force may have lent a sort of guiding hand to it. But most likely only at the very beginning. After that, the Creative Inelligence (I will henceforth call it my CreaTel) has pretty much played the role of an absentee landlord.

That's your own fault if you wish to reject and ignore your own creative intelligence and not put it to work for you.
If you wish to imagine you were once pond scum and evolved from there, have at it. Be as creative as you like.
I tend to lack creativity in that area and prefer to be more realistic as to where I came from and how I evolved from a microscopic egg and sperm, over approx 9 Months, into a human who can survive in Earths environment and breathe air rather than continue to survive in the water of the womb.

Unless it is tapped into, that is.

It seems many people manage to tap into their creativity but few manage to tap into their own intelligence. However, it is understandable that people cannot tap into something they do not have.

I welcome some thoughts on this? Ideas? Modifications to my theory? (well, not really a full-blown theory. Maybe only a hypothesis at this point.) Questions?

Thanks for your time!

My pleasure.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:59:07 PM
Outstanding post, Skyangel. Thank you.

I am usually of the same opinion in regards to feeling empowered, or "having the muse upon you" as you are. And that is, that it DOES come from within, and those things are simply facets of our own minds. And as a musician, I can tell you that the muse is indeed an elusive thing. Or as our lead guitarist--who writes a good deal of our songs is fond if saying: "That muse chick is a fickle bi1ch." LOL

If we only knew why at times the creative juices are flowing, and why at times (usually?) they are not! That I reckon is the 64 million dollar question. Is it brian chemistry? Does diet affect it? Or environment? And, speaking of environment, what about outside energy? Positive or negative.

I used to have a pet project regarding all of this stuff. Something I started back in college, when I was taking psych and science courses. And biology. Trying to combine them all into something like what the physicist guys call a "Theory of Everything" or a Grand Unified Theory.

But mine was a bit more metaphysical than theirs, which mainly attempts to combine Relativity with QM and Gravity.

Mine was basically a sort of "field theory." I was attempting to blend: Carl Jung's "synchronicity" with Pierre Tielhard de Chardin's "Noosphere" and finally Rupert Sheldrake's morphic resonance into a cohesive universal force. That maybe we can tap into. Much as the one in my OP.

Carl Jung used to say that when a anachronistic event happened, far from being a mere coincidence, it was simply a matter of you getting a glimpse of the underlying intelligence that pervades the Universe.

Something like that.

All of those guys had bits and pieces of questionable evidence for their ideas. But alas, no real proof. But I maintain that they all CAN be real..or at least posses kernels of truth. MY quest is to tie them all together into a cohesive entity. I don't expect to get too much support for it. Not around here, anyway. I was thinking of doing my Master's thesis on a corollary idea of all this, but my advisor was not too hot on the idea. LOL
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 9:01:28 PM
PLEASE READ..............

To all you wishing to contribute to this thread. I have moved it (well, replicated it..I asked the mods to move it, or delete this one) over to the Science Forum, as I wish to avoid the religious zealots who have barged into this one.

Thanks!!
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:05:03 PM
At 6/6/2015 8:18:17 PM, 4runner wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

The Bible is the most confusing book in this world and that's why they're confused.

I don't care if there is a god or not.

The bibles message is not confusing, you could explain it to a mentally retarded child.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:36:26 PM
At 6/6/2015 10:05:03 PM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

The bibles message is not confusing, you could explain it to a mentally retarded child.

What is the message you get from reading the Bible?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:42:37 PM
At 6/6/2015 10:36:26 PM, 4runner wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

That men made a god in their image.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:06:05 PM
At 6/6/2015 10:42:37 PM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

That men made a god in their image. : :

A lot of people believe as you believe. I'm not here to try change you because I can't. Only God can give you thoughts to change your mind.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:42:37 PM
At 6/6/2015 11:06:05 PM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:42:37 PM, Accipiter wrote:

I AM ice & fire.

I Samuel 2

That men made a god in their image. : :

A lot of people believe as you believe. I'm not here to try change you because I can't. Only God can give you thoughts to change your mind.

The thoughts that god gives me say the Christian and Muslims religions are dangerous and harming the world today.