Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Best Afterlife?

Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

Very true. The Odinist heaven sounds to me like hell (really hoping there are any of them here, to discuss the merits and flaws of their heaven with).

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:53:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

I'd say the Mormons have the coolest place that believers go. They get to be gods over their own little planets.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:22:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

That still doesn't top Allah's 72 virgins.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:08:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 2:22:46 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

That still doesn't top Allah's 72 virgins.

I am not sure I'd want to headache of 72 potential partners who don't have a clue what they're doing.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 5:06:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 3:08:42 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/7/2015 2:22:46 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

That still doesn't top Allah's 72 virgins.

I am not sure I'd want to headache of 72 potential partners who don't have a clue what they're doing.

I'm a good teacher.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers. However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

Very true. The Odinist heaven sounds to me like hell (really hoping there are any of them here, to discuss the merits and flaws of their heaven with).

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.
However, the concept of Life after death is a reality in the sense that the living continue to live after they bury their dead.
Life goes on for the living. It doesn't go on for the dead. The dead are resting in peace in their graves for all eternity.

However, it is obviously that people love to dream about a fantasy land where they can live happily ever after and where all their dreams come true.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:46:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers.

Your belief that the FSM is fictional is entirely off topic. If you wish to discuss that, please start a thread.

However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

In case you missed it, this topic deals with "the comparative paradises promised by different religions," not anything made up by individuals today. Were it such I'm sure Double_R would like indulgences other than just the precise 72 he named.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.

Unless you are solely here to derail threads, are you saying a certain religion promised you the afterlife you just named?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:33:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 10:46:30 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers.

Your belief that the FSM is fictional is entirely off topic. If you wish to discuss that, please start a thread.

No it's not, since you used it as your first example. Did you expect people to take you seriously with an example like that?

However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

In case you missed it, this topic deals with "the comparative paradises promised by different religions," not anything made up by individuals today. Were it such I'm sure Double_R would like indulgences other than just the precise 72 he named.

Yes. I understand you are talking about fantasy land. All those places exist in human imagination and nowhere else.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.

Unless you are solely here to derail threads, are you saying a certain religion promised you the afterlife you just named?

How is discussing life after death derailing this thread? Do you want to talk about the best afterlife or not?
I am simply saying the best one is the REAL one not some fictional one.
The real one is simply the Life of the living which goes on after their friends and family die.

That is the one promised by the religion and WAY of LIFE called REALITY.
I personally think that is the best one.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 5:23:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My best afterlife, which I hope is reality, is ceasing to be when I die. I have had quite a reasonable life so far, but have no wish to live again.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:19:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 3:33:40 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 10:46:30 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers.

Your belief that the FSM is fictional is entirely off topic. If you wish to discuss that, please start a thread.

No it's not, since you used it as your first example. Did you expect people to take you seriously with an example like that?

Is the title of the thread "religion is invalid?"

However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

In case you missed it, this topic deals with "the comparative paradises promised by different religions," not anything made up by individuals today. Were it such I'm sure Double_R would like indulgences other than just the precise 72 he named.

Yes. I understand you are talking about fantasy land. All those places exist in human imagination and nowhere else.

They exist in books, and on computer screens.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.

Unless you are solely here to derail threads, are you saying a certain religion promised you the afterlife you just named?

How is discussing life after death derailing this thread? Do you want to talk about the best afterlife or not?

Please check your literacy, is this the science forum or the religion forum?

I am simply saying the best one is the REAL one not some fictional one.

Since you admit this thread is about "fantasy land," and deny merely being here to detail threads, are you now saying that "remain in is their grave" is a "fantasy land" afterlife?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:23:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 11:53:33 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

I'd say the Mormons have the coolest place that believers go. They get to be gods over their own little planets.

That sounds like a neat one. I've never studied it, and I wonder how badly a person could accidentally mess it up? It seems like unrestrained free will, to make up for a very restrained life. In one of the Red Dwarf books the character Rimmer got plugged into a perfect VR world, and terrible things kept happening to him because he secretly hated himself.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:07:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

Hi Angel!

Your first question reads............. So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?


And I reply: Why not? Is this not what the founders of ALL the world's religions did?

There are, after all, simply man-made constructs.

Hence, the OP is just as valid as was the literate Bedouin chewing on a fig and writing about the 72 virgins that await all good little jihadists (terrorists).
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:12:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

Those are two pretty good things, bro.

For my money, they are going to be hard to beat.

The 72 virgins deal used to be sort of a lucrative idea to me.

But then, one day, a thought occurred to me.

Who is to say that are female virgins?

LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:15:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This just in from Al Jazeera.............

"While heavenly promises to male suicide bombers include 72 virgins, Arab clerics confirmed for the first time Monday, that heavenly gifts for female suicide bombers would include 15 towel boys, a deluxe Lac"me gift pack, and unlimited time in the spa. Though tanning and facials would be extra, female bombers would be receive a coupon for three chemical peel treatments, two hours on the tanning bed and an as yet undermined amount of electrolysis."
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:33:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 12:12:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

Those are two pretty good things, bro.

For my money, they are going to be hard to beat.

The 72 virgins deal used to be sort of a lucrative idea to me.

But then, one day, a thought occurred to me.

Who is to say that are female virgins?

LOL

I had an argument with someone about that at university, logistically it seems very likely. If in life old rich dude's marry the majority of the women, and no one fornicates outside of marriage (I believe their religion calls for that?), than who are the virgins left for heaven?

Of course I suspect most of them hope it's identical to the 2:00 mark of this video: http://www.nbc.com...
Even assuming the virgins are all female, on average good looking women are less likely to remain innocent until death.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:41:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That video was awesome!

But...uhh..was that one of the Olsen twins I saw? LOL.

I wouldn't doubt it, or doubt that most Muslim men secretly find that desirable. Some little anorexic American girl who exudes all the excesses of the West that they, while decrying, secretly covet.

Ya see, most of 'em really want what we have, and since this though makes them feel guilty and heretical, they are compelled to hate us.

Just an idea of mine.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:28:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 12:41:07 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
That video was awesome!

But...uhh..was that one of the Olsen twins I saw? LOL.

I wouldn't doubt it, or doubt that most Muslim men secretly find that desirable. Some little anorexic American girl who exudes all the excesses of the West that they, while decrying, secretly covet.

Ya see, most of 'em really want what we have, and since this though makes them feel guilty and heretical, they are compelled to hate us.

Just an idea of mine.

That was indeed the hotter Olson twin.

Having served in Iraq, I firmly believe most of them don't hate us. Heck even a number of the ones we end up fighting seem to just hate themselves. (this is not to dismiss that some of them really do hate us, much like how some of us really hate us).
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:54:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 2:28:16 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/8/2015 12:41:07 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
That video was awesome!

But...uhh..was that one of the Olsen twins I saw? LOL.

I wouldn't doubt it, or doubt that most Muslim men secretly find that desirable. Some little anorexic American girl who exudes all the excesses of the West that they, while decrying, secretly covet.

Ya see, most of 'em really want what we have, and since this though makes them feel guilty and heretical, they are compelled to hate us.

Just an idea of mine.

That was indeed the hotter Olson twin.

Having served in Iraq, I firmly believe most of them don't hate us. Heck even a number of the ones we end up fighting seem to just hate themselves. (this is not to dismiss that some of them really do hate us, much like how some of us really hate us).

Thank you for your service.

I am a vet too: Navy subs for six years. ET-COM. Seven Atlantic & Med deployments on the USS Dallas (SSN-700) and also the Florida (SSBN-728).

My little bro is an OIF vet like you, a tanker with the 3rd Armored out of Ft. Hood. He says the same thing you about the Iraquis and the muslims. Well, most of them.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:45:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers. However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

Very true. The Odinist heaven sounds to me like hell (really hoping there are any of them here, to discuss the merits and flaws of their heaven with).

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.
However, the concept of Life after death is a reality in the sense that the living continue to live after they bury their dead.
Life goes on for the living. It doesn't go on for the dead. The dead are resting in peace in their graves for all eternity.

However, it is obviously that people love to dream about a fantasy land where they can live happily ever after and where all their dreams come true.

Your beliefs that life ends with death has not only been scientifically proven false, but outright an abomination of ignorance moored forever to stupidity. It's sadly ironic that you're currently trapped in a dream world, yet think it's the only world of existence. Nobody ever knows they're dreaming until the dream ends, and they wakeup only to realize everything was a dream. You simply need to learn how to wakeup. I'll give you a hint. It involves the necessary functions of the pineal gland. This gland becomes most active in the very beginning of your life, and at the very end of your life, such as the very last moment before you die. Interesting, isn't it? I could say some more things, but you're not interested in becoming enlightened. Hopefully one day you'll change, many people do, and perhaps you'll become curious enough to do as I have, and squash the given lies and become for the first time ever, become capable of hear the truth. Your spirit knows this truth, but your ego refuses to remember. Also interesting, the Buddhists believe reincarnation occurs on the 49th day past conception, and interestingly enough, it takes 49 days for the pineal gland to develop. If this isn't enough to peak an interest, then I suppose there is a last resort. You could always attempt to locate someone with the experience to force your consciousness from its prison. There's lots to see and lots to learn. Don't waste it.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:57:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 10:19:00 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/8/2015 3:33:40 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 10:46:30 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers.

Your belief that the FSM is fictional is entirely off topic. If you wish to discuss that, please start a thread.

No it's not, since you used it as your first example. Did you expect people to take you seriously with an example like that?

Is the title of the thread "religion is invalid?"

Is the title of the thread, "Reality is invalid?"

However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

In case you missed it, this topic deals with "the comparative paradises promised by different religions," not anything made up by individuals today. Were it such I'm sure Double_R would like indulgences other than just the precise 72 he named.

Yes. I understand you are talking about fantasy land. All those places exist in human imagination and nowhere else.

They exist in books, and on computer screens.

Which are all a result of human imagination and creativity.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.

Unless you are solely here to derail threads, are you saying a certain religion promised you the afterlife you just named?

How is discussing life after death derailing this thread? Do you want to talk about the best afterlife or not?

Please check your literacy, is this the science forum or the religion forum?

It makes no difference since science and religion are both part of life and death and life after death.

I am simply saying the best one is the REAL one not some fictional one.

Since you admit this thread is about "fantasy land," and deny merely being here to detail threads, are you now saying that "remain in is their grave" is a "fantasy land" afterlife?

I am saying people die but life goes on for the living, many of whom continue to imagine the dead are also living elsewhere.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 5:05:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 12:07:55 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

What one man might consider to be "heaven" is not necessarily what another would think of as "heaven" or "paradise" or the ultimate satisfaction.

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.



Hi Angel!

Your first question reads............. So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?


And I reply: Why not? Is this not what the founders of ALL the world's religions did?

Yes they did.

There are, after all, simply man-made constructs.

True.

Hence, the OP is just as valid as was the literate Bedouin chewing on a fig and writing about the 72 virgins that await all good little jihadists (terrorists).

I never said it was not valid. I was simply clarifying whether this discussion was only about some fantasy land or whether REAL Life after death could be included.

It seems to me that most people like to believe the fantasy life after death in some magical world is better than real life after death.

When it comes to discussing the Best after life. I choose real life which goes on regardless of how many die daily.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 5:11:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 3:45:51 PM, Serato wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.
However, the concept of Life after death is a reality in the sense that the living continue to live after they bury their dead.
Life goes on for the living. It doesn't go on for the dead. The dead are resting in peace in their graves for all eternity.

However, it is obviously that people love to dream about a fantasy land where they can live happily ever after and where all their dreams come true.

Your beliefs that life ends with death has not only been scientifically proven false, but outright an abomination of ignorance moored forever to stupidity. It's sadly ironic that you're currently trapped in a dream world, yet think it's the only world of existence. Nobody ever knows they're dreaming until the dream ends, and they wakeup only to realize everything was a dream. You simply need to learn how to wakeup. I'll give you a hint. It involves the necessary functions of the pineal gland. This gland becomes most active in the very beginning of your life, and at the very end of your life, such as the very last moment before you die. Interesting, isn't it? I could say some more things, but you're not interested in becoming enlightened. Hopefully one day you'll change, many people do, and perhaps you'll become curious enough to do as I have, and squash the given lies and become for the first time ever, become capable of hear the truth. Your spirit knows this truth, but your ego refuses to remember. Also interesting, the Buddhists believe reincarnation occurs on the 49th day past conception, and interestingly enough, it takes 49 days for the pineal gland to develop. If this isn't enough to peak an interest, then I suppose there is a last resort. You could always attempt to locate someone with the experience to force your consciousness from its prison. There's lots to see and lots to learn. Don't waste it.

What are you talking about ? Can't you read? I said Life after death is a reality. Where did I say life ends with death ?
Try reading more carefully and wake up to yourself before you call kettles black due to seeing your own ignorance in them.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 7:22:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 11:37:13 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Life never dies, it just gets recycled.

That is 100% TRUE.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 9:05:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 5:11:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/8/2015 3:45:51 PM, Serato wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.
However, the concept of Life after death is a reality in the sense that the living continue to live after they bury their dead.
Life goes on for the living. It doesn't go on for the dead. The dead are resting in peace in their graves for all eternity.

However, it is obviously that people love to dream about a fantasy land where they can live happily ever after and where all their dreams come true.

Your beliefs that life ends with death has not only been scientifically proven false, but outright an abomination of ignorance moored forever to stupidity. It's sadly ironic that you're currently trapped in a dream world, yet think it's the only world of existence. Nobody ever knows they're dreaming until the dream ends, and they wakeup only to realize everything was a dream. You simply need to learn how to wakeup. I'll give you a hint. It involves the necessary functions of the pineal gland. This gland becomes most active in the very beginning of your life, and at the very end of your life, such as the very last moment before you die. Interesting, isn't it? I could say some more things, but you're not interested in becoming enlightened. Hopefully one day you'll change, many people do, and perhaps you'll become curious enough to do as I have, and squash the given lies and become for the first time ever, become capable of hear the truth. Your spirit knows this truth, but your ego refuses to remember. Also interesting, the Buddhists believe reincarnation occurs on the 49th day past conception, and interestingly enough, it takes 49 days for the pineal gland to develop. If this isn't enough to peak an interest, then I suppose there is a last resort. You could always attempt to locate someone with the experience to force your consciousness from its prison. There's lots to see and lots to learn. Don't waste it.


What are you talking about ? Can't you read? I said Life after death is a reality. Where did I say life ends with death ?
Try reading more carefully and wake up to yourself before you call kettles black due to seeing your own ignorance in them.

Your stupidity knows no boundaries.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:33:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 4:57:23 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/8/2015 10:19:00 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/8/2015 3:33:40 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 10:46:30 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/7/2015 5:48:41 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:47:09 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 6/6/2015 7:57:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:44:52 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions, and perhaps even determine which would be best.

To start it off: The Flying Spaghetti Monster offers not only a stripper factory, but a beer volcano.

So you are hoping to have a discussion about who can create the most popular fictional world in their imaginations?

Not quite. As stated "I'm hoping we can have a discussion on the comparative paradises promised by different religions," as those are the rewards promised for devotion (often to include various sacrifices) to different sets of religious belief.
They are all as fictional as your Flying Spaghetti Monster offers.

Your belief that the FSM is fictional is entirely off topic. If you wish to discuss that, please start a thread.

No it's not, since you used it as your first example. Did you expect people to take you seriously with an example like that?

Is the title of the thread "religion is invalid?"

Is the title of the thread, "Reality is invalid?"

No, I would explain the implications of this being on the religion forum, but your education is such that you don't know the difference between claims made by various religions and scientific experimentation. Which seems to leave you utterly unable to understand context. Do you also behave this way in movie theaters standing up to interrupt the flow by shouting about how it's not real? or perhaps panicking because you think it is real?

However, It is apparent that every person who imagines a personal life after death likes to imagine a life which includes every self indulgence they enjoy in this life as well as all the self indulgences they would like to have if they could afford them.

In case you missed it, this topic deals with "the comparative paradises promised by different religions," not anything made up by individuals today. Were it such I'm sure Double_R would like indulgences other than just the precise 72 he named.

Yes. I understand you are talking about fantasy land. All those places exist in human imagination and nowhere else.

They exist in books, and on computer screens.

Which are all a result of human imagination and creativity.

So you agree whomever wrote "All those places exist in human imagination and nowhere else" was wrong? Or are you (like bornofgod) claiming existence is itself is just imagined?

However, in reality, Life goes on after death. The evidence of that is all the living people ( life) who visit the dead people ( death) which are resting in peace in their graves and talk to them whether they can hear them or not.

And your point as it pertains to this topic?

The afterlife in the sense of dead people living in a new world after their death is fictional. The only "new world" or new environment they remain in is their grave.

Unless you are solely here to derail threads, are you saying a certain religion promised you the afterlife you just named?

How is discussing life after death derailing this thread? Do you want to talk about the best afterlife or not?

Please check your literacy, is this the science forum or the religion forum?

It makes no difference since science and religion are both part of life and death and life after death.

Wow, you believe there is no difference between religion and science. I'm speechless.

I am simply saying the best one is the REAL one not some fictional one.

Since you admit this thread is about "fantasy land," and deny merely being here to detail threads, are you now saying that "remain in is their grave" is a "fantasy land" afterlife?

I am saying people die but life goes on for the living, many of whom continue to imagine the dead are also living elsewhere.

You really remind me of BornofGod, he too had special operations in his brain for some very special religious beliefs he held. That your religion "WAY of LIFE called REALITY" actually insists dead people being in their graves and the living continuing to live "fantasy land" which "exist in human imagination and nowhere else." Yes one the faithful should believe in, but based on religion faith.

Every other religion takes for granted that dead bodies generally remain in their graves, and the living keep living and starting future generations.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:35:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/8/2015 5:23:33 AM, JJ50 wrote:
My best afterlife, which I hope is reality, is ceasing to be when I die. I have had quite a reasonable life so far, but have no wish to live again.

Thank you for the respectful feedback on the conversation. On a personal note, that is also what I hope for.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:25:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
so called science & religion, are BOTH much the same as they are made up by man and only as real as the deluded try and make them.

I can prove what I claim as

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life.

I can prove that also.

EE: most overly wonderful and then some.

I can prove that also.

HOW can I prove what I claim?

Because superstitious inspired concepts such as religion and science have NO foundation but in illusion.

I AM reality

are YOU grown up enough to challenge the TRUTH that has a SOLID foundation?

the TRUTH can't be knocked off it's foundation but within the delusional realities of the many.

it is also TRUE that those that follow the ways of religion and science can't be knocked off of their foundations as they have none but within their delusional realities.

any challengers?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...